MSXML6

Hey,

     I was looking at the MS tool VersionCheck and it indicated that I
did not have MSXML6.  My searching for this file has been fruitless.
The only place that I could find it was on a site that required Paypal
to download (Checked source code of web page prior to submitting).  I do
not believe that this is the case for the XML parsers from microsoft.
If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.  Thanx

A Plan without Action is a DayDream
Action without a Plan is a Nightmare
0
nospam5312 (19)

The latest version of the MS XML parser is 4 (SP2), and is now called the
"XML Core Services".

http://msdn.microsoft.com/XML/XMLDownloads/default.aspx

<nospam@devdex.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
>     I was looking at the MS tool VersionCheck and it indicated that I
> did not have MSXML6.  My searching for this file has been fruitless.
> The only place that I could find it was on a site that required Paypal
> to download (Checked source code of web page prior to submitting).  I do
> not believe that this is the case for the XML parsers from microsoft.
> If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it.  Thanx
>
> A Plan without Action is a DayDream
> Action without a Plan is a Nightmare

0
nospam7515 (2084)
3/23/2005 3:40:22 AM
Yes,  You are correct in the XML parser.  I misspoke, the VersionCheck
utility identifies the MSXML installed and not only the parsers.  The latest
I currently have installed is v5.0 (MSXML5.dll).  I am using the
VersionCheck utility v3.1.0.1 which I understand is the latest.  When it
starts, it announces that v6 (MSXML6.dll) is not installed.  While this is
not the parser, what is it needed for (Besides Yukon)?
0
nospam5312 (19)
3/24/2005 3:28:23 AM
I think msxml6 is used in SQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2005. You can download
msxml3sp5 and msxml4sp2 from microsoft.com/downloads, but not v5 or v6.

Where did you find the versioncheck utility?

Best regards
Niklas Engfelt

"Ernest Griffin" <nospam@devdex.com> wrote in message
> Yes,  You are correct in the XML parser.  I misspoke, the VersionCheck
> utility identifies the MSXML installed and not only the parsers.  The
> latest
> I currently have installed is v5.0 (MSXML5.dll).  I am using the
> VersionCheck utility v3.1.0.1 which I understand is the latest.  When it
> starts, it announces that v6 (MSXML6.dll) is not installed.  While this is
> not the parser, what is it needed for (Besides Yukon)?

MSXML6
Hey, I was looking at the MS tool VersionCheck and it indicated that I did not have MSXML6. My searching for this file has been fruitless. The only place that I could find it was on a site that required Paypal to download (Checked source code of web page prior to submitting). I do not believe that this is the case for the XML parsers from microsoft. If someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it. Thanx A Plan without Action is a DayDream Action without a Plan is a Nightmare The latest version of the MS XML parser is 4 (SP2), and is now called the "XML Core Services"....

MSXML6 SP1 broke my SAXWriter
I upgraded my application from MSXML4 to MSXML6, and everything was working fine. My project uses MXXMLWriter60, SAXContentHandler and XMLSchemaCache60, etc. Then I installed MSXML6 sp1. The XML document generated from my application has two problems: 1. "????" marks appears inside XML in various places, likely at the end of the stream buffer (?) 2. The first block of attributes are always added properly. Then the second block of attributes contain the attributes from the previous element. Here is an example of before and after: Good XML with MSXML6: <?xml version="1...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Lost character entities using MSXML6
I load an XML file into MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0 object. The XML file stores non-ASCII characters in Hex Code format, so alpha α is coded as α I save the file using xmldomSource.save but now α has been replaced with α How do I preserve the original encoding? <%@ LANGUAGE = JScript %> <% Response.Charset= "ISO-8859-1" %> <% Response.Buffer= "TRUE" %> <% Response.Expires= -1 %> <% var xmldomSource = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.6.0"); xmldomSource.preserveWhiteSpace = true; xmldomSource.setProperty("ServerHTTPReq...

MSXML6 C++ VS2005: parsing "set" of nodes (& child nodes)??
Hi, I've looked at a number of examples in the MSXML6 help, but haven't been able to find exactly what I'm looking for. I have the following loaded into a "IXMLDOMDocument2" object. I have a CString sString that I would like to check to see if it matches one of the "Descriptions" below. If it does match, I want to be able to extract the corresponding "Amount" field to use it elsewhere in the program. <InquiryResponse> <Balances> <Balance> <Amount>246326.04</Amount> <Description>Available Bala...