MDX query be persistence in an XML format

Hello Gurus,

Need your help on following:

1. Whether an MDX query be stored in an XML format? e.g. can the below
query be stored in an XML file format: (the query is for illustration
only).

with set [PromoMonths] as 'Filter([Time].[Month].Members,
 Not IsEmpty( ([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings]) ) )'
  set [PromoRange] as 'Head( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0) :
 Tail( [PromoMonths]
).item(0).item(0)'
 member [Measures].[Uplift] as '([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings])'
 member [Measures].[This Quarter] as '[Unit Sales]'
 member [Measures].[Last Quarter] as '( ParallelPeriod
( [Time].[Quarter] ), [Unit Sales] )'
 member [Measures].[Growth] as ' [This Quarter] - [Last Quarter]'
select [PromoRange] on Columns,
 { [This Quarter], [Last Quarter], [Growth], [Uplift] } on Rows
from [Sales]

2. If #1 is yes, is there a standardized schema file which would
validate the MDX query stored in an xml format.

3. Is there a available parser which would convert the MDX query stored
in XML format to a proper MDX query given in #1.

4. I am trying to build a GUI tool to create the MDX expressions as my
end users are not conversant in MDX. Any help/information detail in
this regard would be very helpful.

Please provide me a link or send me details at ajit...@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Ajit.

0
ajit555 (1)

XML with chinese character problem
In my .net ,i need to generate an xml file , however, user may input a chinese character, Then , the xml will got something unknow characters. the following is my code, Does anyone know how to solve it ?? Private Sub Init() With AMSXML ..Formatting = Formatting.Indented ..Indentation = 4 ..IndentChar = " " ..WriteStartDocument() ..WriteDocType("SOGenericInterchange", Nothing, "SOGenericInterchange.dtd", Nothing) ..WriteStartElement("SOGenericInterchange") End With End Sub Private Sub InterchangeHeaderIdentification() Try With AMSXML ..WriteStartElemen...

Web query and special characters
Hello, I have a simple HTML data dump which has special characters: ������ In the HTML source I placed <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> When I download this table, all the accents are translated into unprintable characters. I know there are macros which remove these unprintable characters, but then the word in uncomplete c�digo gets downloaded as cädigo and cleaned up it turns into cdigo. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks This was fixed by changing the meta tag to <meta HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTE...

Format Cell and Extract Lowest Value from the Cell
Hi, I would like to format cell A1 as follows: ###/### Sample Data in cell A1: 123/456 020/555 686/136 It must have the / Then I would like to be able to extract from cell A1 the lower of the two values between the /, in the first example, 123, and place the result in cell B1. Final Results: A1 B1 = lowest value between the / in A1 123/456 123 020/555 020 686/136 136 Thanks! =MIN(LEFT(TEXT(A1,"###/###"),FIND("/",TEXT(A1,"###/###"))- 1)*1,MID(TEXT(A1,"###/###"),FIND("/",TEXT(A1,"###/###")) +1,255)) HTH ...

Query ???
Hi. Let Create table #temp1(erpnbr int, svpname varchar(50), dcode char(3), ucode char(3)) Create table #temp2(nbr char(13)) Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','001') Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','002') Insert into #temp1 values(5585,'John','352','003') Insert into #temp1 values(5599,'Tom','351','001') Insert into #temp1 values(5599,'Tom','351','002') Insert into #temp2 values('A352001') Insert into #temp2 values('A352...

Queries Built on Top of Other Queries
What is the general rule on these ... should they be avoided or is the performance the same as writing one more complex query. For example I have an audit/error table. I have a few reports based on this query. I first create a query base to only gather records in the date range. I then have 5 different queries built on top of this original query base. These 5 queries all filter the data differently. I did not create this structure, but rather inherited it. That being said, I wanted to get the groups thoughts or experiences with these types of queries. Is it better to have one complex q...

Query 5.5
Does anyone know of a way to query 5.5, all user accounts for mail received or sent to a specific e-mail address? We can do it one user account at a time using the find functionality, this works but is very time consuming. Is there a command line script available, or a 3rd party tool? We can not find the functionality within 5.5 to do this. Thank you. Try http://www.promodag.com -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Bob Blewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0eff01c3c690$bd7a3940$a501280a@p...

MDX query be persistence in an XML format
Hello Gurus, Need your help on following: 1. Whether an MDX query be stored in an XML format? e.g. can the below query be stored in an XML file format: (the query is for illustration only). with set [PromoMonths] as 'Filter([Time].[Month].Members, Not IsEmpty( ([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings]) ) )' set [PromoRange] as 'Head( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0) : Tail( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0)' member [Measures].[Uplift] as '([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings])' member [Measures].[This Quarter] as '[Unit Sales]' member [Measures].[Last Quarter] ...

Help associate xml to xsd (schema) file...
I have translated a DTD to an XML Schema (XSD) file by hand, and the = Schema View in Visual Studio .NET 2003 seems to diplay everything = properly. However, when I specify the schemalocation in my xml files, VS.NET still = reports that no schema could be located. Here are the relevant (maybe) = portions of the files: FROM THE SCHEMA FILE (mydoc-v2.xsd) <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace=3D"http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema.xsd" elementFormDefault=3D"qualified" xmlns=3D"http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema.x...

query #2
Is there a way to create a query which can then be run by another user on a different pc? -- TW Yes, but if you're talking about interrogating a mainframe database, the other site must have access and rights to the data.....MIS usually don't share those things unless requested. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Tricia" wrote: > Is there a way to create a query which can then be run by another user on a > different pc? > -- > TW I have the rights - can you tell me how to do it? -- TW "CLR" wrote: > Yes, but if you're talking about inte...

New site query
I have a customer that is setting up a new branch, they already have other branches. He is transferring data into the database of the new branch in QH although there is no hardware in place on site in the new store yet and nothing installed in the physical site. He says that the data is not showing up, which it won't do until we can install the HQ client on his. I just want to double-check that this is the case. That the data is definitely transferring and it WILL show when the client is run. My customer doesn't want to waste his time. -- Jenny ...

Changing Query Filter for multiple Queries
I am working with several databases that each have 20+ different queries. Most of the queries have the same filter (like 200*)to restrict only the dates after 12/31/1999. In 2010, however, the queries do not pick up any of the data for 2010. Therefore, all of the queries that use that filter need to be changed. Is there any way to handle this change systematically? Thanks so much On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:39:01 -0800, SDamico <SDamico@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with several databases that each have 20+ different queries. >Most of the queries have...

Validate XML against schema file
Hello, I'm using the import directive: #import <msxml.dll> USING NAMESPACE MSXML for this project. Basically, I just have a question, and rather than look through all of the disconnected documentation on MSDN and xml.com, I thought I might ask someone here. I'm using VC++ 6.0, and attempting to verify an XML file against a .xml schema file. I can do this when everything is included in one file, with the following code: // Initialize objects and variables. IXMLDOMDocument2Ptr pXMLDoc = NULL; IXMLDOMParseErrorPtr pError = NULL; _bstr_t strResult = ""; ...

Query Recompilations
If I understand this correctly, not having schema qualifier like dbo., triggers recompilation every time the query is being executed. If so, what kind of performance impact does this have on the db performance? Thanks in advance, RG (RG@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > If I understand this correctly, not having schema qualifier like dbo., > triggers recompilation every time the query is being executed. If so, > what kind of performance impact does this have on the db performance? No, this is not really that bad. Assume that in a database there is a single t...

Format brush icon
I want to get rid of the format brush icon that appears when I insert a row. It is a nuisance. How do I do this? Laura Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "show insert options button" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2004 17:01:06 -0700, "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to get rid of the format brush icon that appears when I insert a row. It is a nuisance. How do I do this? Tools|Options|Edit Tab Uncheck Show insert option buttons (and maybe while you're there: Uncheck show paste option buttons??? if you hate that, too...

Convert simple spreadsheet to XML
Is there a utility to create an XML map from teh inforamtion within a spreadsheet? Can we point it at the header row of a table and use it as the basis of an XML map for the table. This would bring up a panel that would then allow us to add any additional info required to finish creating the XML map for the spreadsheet flat file. I am looking for a simple function that end users can use on their existing spreadsheets. -- Bruce "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10C6F13E-23AD-4DF2-87AB-50C4FE77BEE2@microsoft.com... > Is there a utility ...

xml source in help files
I'm using Money 2004 Deluxe on Win 2k Pro (with all the latest patches and service packs). I recently installed Money for the first time a few days (from CD). The problem that I'm having is that the Help documentation shows up as XML source - so I see all of the tags, etc. - which makes it extremely difficult to read. The only posts I've found that describe a similar problem say to delete temporary internet files. I tried that, but still have the same problem. I've also tried re- installing with no luck. Thanks for any help, John You might try this, from an unpublis...

Web Query #4
Hi, I'm not really sure if this an Excel issue but here goes. I have a file set up that gathers data from a web page. It updates web hits and other data from the page on a daily basis, the only problem I have is that I either have to leave the file open 24/7 or manually open it each day. I've no problem using code to place the updated data into the appropriate date columns and saving, it does that already, but is there any way of getting an Excel file to open automatically at a specified time, update itself via the code and then save and close? TIA Regards, Alan. Office XP2003 Vi...

XML Web Service Asynch Result Error in Generated Code
Hope this is the best forum for this, any suggestions for another are appreciated. I have a simple Compact Framework (2) app that sends some data to a web service and acts despending on the response. I added the web service as a web reference (in VS2005 VB) and then have a bit of code that calls the service like this: Dim webService As New com.companynamehere.webservices.CheckList Dim wsCallback As New AsyncCallback(AddressOf ProcessCallBack) webService.BeginSubmit(xmlForm, wsCallback, Nothing) The ProcessCallBack function that handles the asynch result looks like this: Sub ProcessCal...

Join on a UNION query
Dear all, I have a table of quotes, a table of relevent customer numbers and a table of relevent quote keywords. I have written a query to return all records where the quote has either a relevent customer number or a relevent keyword, but not both. The SQL code I use is: SELECT otblQuotes.QUOTE_NUM, otblQuotes.QUOTE_KEYWORD, otblSalesReps.SALES_REP_NAME, strfnMakeYear([otblQuotes]![TS_YY]) & strfnMakeMonDay([otblQuotes]![TS_MM]) & strfnMakeMonDay([otblQuotes]![TS_DD]) AS DateStamp, otblQuotes.ITEMS_TOTAL, otblQuotes.SHIPPING_CHARGES, otblQuotes.ORDER_TOTAL, otblQu...

combo box to select record in a query
I'm creating an inventory database in Access 2000, and have my table and forms already setup. I have created a form with the source being "Department", with a sub form to show all the equipment list against that department. I want to create a drop down list, which shows all the departments, then moves to the department chosen. I have done this on my other forms successfully, where the form has been based on a table, and the ID field (Primary key) has been used in the combo box to search for the record. ID column is hidden in the combo box The source of the combo box is th...

Client Network Utility Query
Hi, I have a new user I've set up and we can't connect to database. I noticed that in the SQL Server Client Network Utility on the tab DB-Library Options, the file is not there. Do I need to get the file in there to connect? And if so, how? -- Thanks,Jan ...

Script query
I have a 2000 row database with one column containing a number between 1 and 30, to enable the extraction of all records with the same number. I assume that what I want to find/aquire/write is a script that will enable the automatic (in one operation) extraction of the 30 different mini-databases in the same folder as the source, and named 1.xls to 30.xls. Can anyone give me any pointers as to how I might achieve my end objective, and whether I am going about this the right way? Thanks Brian Tozer Improved wording for clarification:- I have a 2000 row database with one of the columns cont...

File permission error when saving 2007 word doc in 2003 format
When saving a 2007 word doc in 2003 format, I receive a save error message - file permission error. Then the word doc fails to save. This happens even if I have saved the doc before. "Smurfie" wrote: > When saving a 2007 word doc in 2003 format, I receive a save error message - > file permission error. Then the word doc fails to save. This happens even if > I have saved the doc before. I have a user with same problem, will be looking at it today. ...

Run a macro to open and run a query from a web site
I am new at access so please help. I am trying to create a macro that will go to a web site and once in the this site run a dynamic query, and download the results back to access and append to an existing table. Is this possible? Red ...

excel web query
Hi, I am trying to use the web query on the data menu in excel 2000 to import a site into excel. Unfrotunately i keep getting the following error - "Unable to open http://..../ The internet site reports that a connection was established but the data is not available" I am actually able to view the web site through my browser and i am connected to the net.. Any help who be greatly appreciated Many Thanks Ed ...