is there some per-process-limit on memory in .net processes? is there any way to increase it? i keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException when my box has 8 gigs of unused memory.

is there some per-process-limit on memory in .net processes? is there any
way to increase it? i keep getting System.OutOfMemoryException when my box
has 8 gigs of unused memory.

Did you really have to post this question to so many newsgroups?

John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer

0
John

Emails get tagged with SYSTEM when track in CRM used in outlook
When users track an email in CRM using the "Track in CRM" button from outlook, the new activity that is created inCRM is tagged with the created by field=SYSTEM. We want this field to be the user so we associate the email to the user that created it in the system. Are there any ways around this, fixes, considerations for enhancements? This is causing a large problem when trying to audit/report activities of our support center. Thanks Heather Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue has been entered in our track...

Limiting Message Size Setting
Quick Question: I'm attempting to further lock down a hosted Exchange 2000 environment. Does setting the 'Limit Message Size to (KB)' parameter in Exchange 2000 affect attachments as well? Or does that setting pertain to only the message itself? Any recommendations as I am hosting multiple small business email services. My gratitude ahead of time... it's the size of the total message (including attachments) that is affected... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Intech" <Intech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01AD5BA2-D2A0-4A3C-A0E3-F6069E3CA7C0...

Setup Error unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET.
Hi ! I am installing CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Server Edition at the end of installation I am getting this error. Setup was unable to configure the Web Services that are using ASP.NET. IIS 6.0 is working fine as well as ASP.net Please tell how to fix it. -- Regards, JZ ...

Web Sevices available in GP 8?
My organization is just beginning the implementation of our AR module in version 8. We are wanting to integrate with our enterprise system, preferably using web services. The help file for eConnect 8 has web services in the architecture and configuration sections, however I haven't be able to locate any other documentation on this ability. Basically the issue is that we plan to skip 9 and move to 10 late this year should it be released. We need to start our integration as soon as possible. If we can somehow begin with web services in 8 and convert later to 10, that would be gr...

criteria for filtering check boxes in a query
I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to know the formula for the criteria box On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote: > I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes. I need to > know the formula for the criteria box What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes". Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do well to re-think and repost your question. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:38:03 -0700, Desir...

multiple email addresses per contact in Rules wizard
I recently reinstalled Office 2000 and noticed that I lost the ability to include multiple email addresses for a single contact when creating rules in the rules wizard. Formally, I could include up to 3 email addresses. Now I can only use the default email and no others. This is a big pain in the butt. Why did I once have this functionality and upon a reinstall, why did i lose it. Thanks in advance... ...

Getting a total of hours & mins worked per week
I am trying to make a spreadsheet of the daily hours worked and a total of the weekly hours but i am not having any luck, at the moment I have the following H3 08:33, H4 08:01, H5 07:23, H6 08:15, H7 08:15, when i type =sum(h3:h7) i get 16:27 instead of 40:27 i would appreciate any advice thanks XL stores times as fractional days (e.g., 3:00 = 0.125). The default time display "rolls over" every 24 hours. To keep that from happening, use brackets in your format: Format/Cells/Number/Custom [h]:mm In article <F30BA8FA-A411-49D6-84D1-B91694BFD65A@microsoft.com>, &...

Check box change colour once checked
Hi can anyone please help me? I've created a check box in my form which shows what information is valid and what's not, if it's checked then it's not valid and if it's not checked then it's valid....I would like the one's that are checked to show all the information in a different colour not the check box label but rest of the information For example: In a form which shows the category and skills and then the sub form shows list of volunteers (Name and contact details) who may still do voluntary work or not. there is a check box on the sub form next to each volun...

2 same ways of protecting Excel file
In Excel 2007 we can protect workbook using 2 ways: 1. Office button > Save as, choose file format, and then Tools, General options. 2. Office button > Prepare > Encrypt document Does anybody know is there difference between these 2 ways Thanks ...

Per Hour Caculations
I am trying to caculate how many hours it takes to do something and need to know how to convert the answer/caculation to hours rather than whole numbers. Example: I can do something 2Xper hour and I completed 41 items the answer should be 20.30 (20 1/2 hours) but my answer is 20.50. Divide by 24 and format as time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Patty L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c8401c3d933$e40b2140$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to caculate how many hours it takes to do > something and need to know how to convert the > an...

Prob with Exch 5.5 on NT 4 box with Exch sp4
Hi, I am running into an error message when trying to install Exchange 5.5 sp 4 on my NT 4 server. The server has all NT patches up to date including URL scan for IIS. Exchange is currently at sp 2. The error messages that I am getting are: 1. Error inetinfo.exe - Application Error The instruction at 0x77f7d814 reference memory at 0x00000020. The memory could not be written. 2. The system cannot find the specified file Microsoft Windows NT id# 0xc0020002 Anyone have any ideas on how to get this sp to install and what is causing these errors? Thanks in advance for your help. J...

Template class to allocate dynamic memory
Environment: vc++ 6.0 Issue: Template class to allocate dynamic memory Excuse me if this is not related to this group. I have a problem regarding template classes. I am trying to write a template class which allocates dynamic memory for 2D/3D arrays. Consider a template class to allocate a 2D array: //DynAlloc.h template <class T> class CADynamicAllocator { public: CADynamicAllocator(); virtual ~CADynamicAllocator(); public: T** Allocate2DArray(T** array, int width, int height); DeAllocate2DArray(T** array, int width, int height); }; template <class...

How to get separate Taskbar Buttons for each Excel Document?
Hello, I am working on Windows 2000 Professional, with MS-Office 2000 installed. MS-Excel version is (9.0.6926 SP-3). Untill very recently, when I used to open multiple Excel documents, I used to get separate buttons in Taskbar for each of the open document. But now, i dont know why, (maybe because of something I installed or deleted), I only get one button in the taskbar for MS-Excel, irrespective of the number of documents I open. This creates a problem in navigating between these documents, as either i have to use the "Window" menu in Excel or use Cntrl-Tab key. Can somebody pl...

OWA keeps asking for user name and password
Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they keep getting the user name and password box and can not access their email. Any thoughts? If they are entering their username, domain and pw correctly, they should hit cancel the next time the box pops up. Their email should load. What version Internet expolorer are they using? Later versions require this format: domain-name\username in the user name field. >-----Original Message----- >Exchange 2000 with SP3. When the users try to use Outlook Web Access, they >keep getting the user name and password...

Upper/lower control limits?
Hey all I have this line chart (with one series) and that I need to put upper and lower control limits on. How should I go about doing this? Also, is there a way to find the standard deviation without using the formula in a cell? Thanks -beth Hi, The following pages have examples of how to add lines. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm I think formula is the only way to determine SD. Cheers Andy bethcovey...

getting all attachments in outlook 2003
Is there a change I can make so I can receive ALL attachments? I have been into Tools, Options, Security but don't see anything there that I can "check" so that I can download all attachments. Those instructions are for Outlook Express. For Outlook, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm Stephen Larivee wrote: > Is there a change I can make so I can receive ALL attachments? I > have been into Tools, Options, Security but don't see anything there > that I can "check" so that I can download all attachments. Thanks. It worked out grea...

Contacts from Outlook in to CRM 1.2
What is the best way to import many many contacts?? (over 2000). I am reading thru as much of this newsgroup as possible and I am not seeing a way to import contacst from a outlook or exmerge pst file. How is this done? IF this was previously answered in this newsgroup please steer me to the correct article if you may. Thanks so much in advance, New 2 CRM Seth Seth; I see from another post that you are trying the Outlook import. If that doesn't work out for you, you can check out the Data Migration Framework, which is Microsoft's tool for importing/migrating data. Dave &q...

Multiple accounts: Single PST or One PST per account
Hi guys, I have 4 email accounts from different companies/universities I work/ study for, and until recently I had all email on one PST. But then the PST just got larger and larger. I thought about dividing the email on multiples PSTs per email account. Is there any problem by doing this? I mean it's even more secure, right? Since it decreases the probability of the all email get corrupted. At most one account gets corrupted that way right? Cheers. Pedro Machado Santa Sure, you can have one account per .pst file and decrease your risk of = losing all of your OUtlook data. What versi...

Memory error when you open excel files from network
Hi please help me... Anyone!! I have a shared folder containg lots of excel spreadsheets. The machiune that shares this folder has a problem opening the files. However, mt machine and a few other can open them fine. The error message is 'Microsoft excel cannot open any more documents because the is not enough memory or disk scace'. I know the HDD space and memory isnt an issue because there is loads spare. The error normally appears after you open about 6 spreadsheets after you map the drive. If you disconnect the network drive and re-connect it, it will then open another 6...

Not getting mail from Yahoo.com and hotmail.com
I'm running into a puzzeling problem. During my attempts to stop relay and spam attemtps I included @yahoo.com and @hotmail.com in the list on the Message Filtering page. Re-started the IMS and thing were OK. Now, I have to allow yahoo.com and hotmail incoming mail (not my choice). I went into the IMS and deleted both of them. IU restarted (several times) the IMS. We are still not getting any e-mails. My office mate has sent several e-mails from both and none have arrives. Meanwhile he can successfully send e-mail to other services (AOL, etc.). We are getting e-mails from other domains, j...

I cant get News reader to appear on Go menu
Hi I am trying to fire up my Newsreader (Outlook Express 6 from memory - whatever comes with Microsoft Office 2003...! But I cant find the News option. If I go to Standard Toolbar, => then click on the add new button => then Customise => then Commands tab => then Go in "Categries:" there simply isnt anything there on the right for Commands called "News"! I thus dont know how to fire up my Newsreader :( - Any suggestions? With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe You'll find this answer posted several times a day here. To get the News command back, go back ...

Sales Process not appearing under Apply Rule 08-14-07
I have a user (who lives within a subsidiary business unit) who is trying to import a sales process workflow (for opportunities) for his team. The workflow wont appear in the apply rule dialog unless I (as an admin in the top-most business unit) import it myself, or, I promote the user into the parent B.U. and then have him import the salesprocess. The problem with this, even after I put him back into his own business unit, is that the rule doesn't move back with him, and appears for the entire organization. Am I missing something really obvious? What does it take to implement a sal...

keep losing fonts
After i have a doc in publisher that i have saved and go to update or change the fonts that i have used in the orignal are missing how can i stop this from happening ...

Sales commission per item per period
Hi, Is it possible to retrieve a report in Dynamics GP where I can get an overview of the SALES commissions per item per period. If that is possible what report should I use? Looking forward for an early reply, -- Elaine ...

What's the best way to determine effective file creation/write rights??
Hello and Thanks for trying to help! Is there a function that can determine the current user's file creation rights for any given directory, and also write/modify/append (?all the same?) for any existing file? There probably is, right? In any case, please enlighten me, o one with much ms-specific knowledge, salami, baloney, salami (reference to obscure Popeye cartoon). Thanks, Ivan You can use _access function, it is the simplest way. If you need even more control use GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl, GetFileSecurity, GetSecurityInfo or GetNamedSecurityInfo. -- Un saludo Rodrigo Corr...