Is there any way for System.IO.StreamWriter Write method to write out part of the string to file. such as if the machine is shut down half way through? or does the file not actually exist until the en

Is there any way for System.IO.StreamWriter Write method to write out part
of the string to file. such as if the machine is shut down half way through?
or does the file not actually exist until the entire write is completed
successfully.

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

System Administrator Undeliverable #2
I am getting hundreds of messages from my System Administrator which is saying that messages I am sending are undeliverable. These messages are all spam. Is my system forwarding spam? I do not belive I have an open relay but I need to make sure or at least diagnose what is happening. Thanks On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:07:16 -0700, "peripheralman" <peripheralman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting hundreds of messages from my System Administrator which is >saying that messages I am sending are undeliverable. These messages are all >spam. >Is my system ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Outlook 2003
I have a user who is reporting that whilst creating a new mail/ replying to a mail, it will occassionally blank out all the text in the mail. If he minimizes or maximizes the mail he can breifly see all the text he has typed, but it dissapears straight away. I've not managed to recreate teh problem myself, but am hoping this is a general issue with a simple answer. Thanks in advance. ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

emial receive time different than system time
hi! I have a problem with my email received time stamp being different than the system time. The time stamp shows two hours earlier than when it was originally sent. This is on a windows 2000 machine. I am going crazy! trying to organize my email by received time. Can someone help me! thanks! I'm not sure, but you might want to check with your ISP. The time on THEIR system may be two hours before yours so it's showing it was received two hours earlier. Open one of the messages and then click on View and then Options. Check out the Internet Headers section which shows how the e...

links to excel file question
Hi all, I have a hyperlink in an Outlook 2000 email that links to a Microsoft Excel 2000 file that contains vba code. The Excel program generates the error however it's based on how the link is handled in Outlook. When I click the link through the preview window in Outlook everything works fine. The link looks like this - <\\sfna-fs4\hrs\shared\ctm training\ctmtrainingsignup.xls> When I open the email (i.e. view the email in it's own window) and then click the link I get the runtime error in excel. The link display look likes this - \\sfna-fs4 \hrs\shared\ctm trai...

Editing Package Files
I have a VBA modified report that I need to distribute to users. Our report dictionary is shared on the network but the VBA code needs to be installed locally. Could I take the package I created, install it once to update the shared reports dic then edit the package and delete out the report modifications part? That would leave the VBA update part to install on the clients. Does this sound feasible? Thanks, DavidF. david, that sounds like a lot of work for no particular reason. the vba and dictionary changes know where they should go. so there shouldn't be any reason you canno...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Converting vcproj files from VS2005 to VS2008 with Powershell
I wanted to share this to give back to the general Powershell knowledge base and didn't know where to do this so am posting this here. Not long ago I had to migrate a number of legacy C++ VS2005 projects into VS2008 format. The projects had been originally migrated from VC6 Dev Studio format so that there was some path fixups required to allow the projects to build with Team Build. I created the following powershell script which I named fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 which does 90% of the grunt work. Usage (from a Powershell console prompt): .\fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 {path}\...

Extract different strings from a cell?
If I have "100BDDDABAABD" in a cell and I'd like to extract the last 10 characters and put each character into a different cells. Then, the first rest of characters (first 3 in this case) into another cell. How do I do that in Excel? Thanks, Since you said "first 3 in this case", I'll assume that the number of characters will vary in each cell. With data in A1, enter this in B1, and copy across to K1: =MID(RIGHT($A1,10),COLUMNS($A:A),1) Then, in L1, enter this for the remaining characters: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-10) -- HTH, RD -----------------------------------...

Not Enough System Resources to Display Completely #2
I have a spreadsheet with several drop down menus. Depending upon th screen resolution and/or Percent Zoom, I may get a "Not Enough Syste Resources to Display Completely" error when I try to access the dro down menu. At a screen resolution of 1280 by 1024 pixels and a Percent Zoom of 75 in Excel (or higher), I can access all the drop down menus without an problems. If I try decreasing the percent zoom or decreasing the scree resolution, I start getting the "Not Enough System Resources t Display Completely" error messages. I want to distribute this spreadsheet to ot...

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Allow Net Change and Part Range Options in MRP
Allow MRP to perform an MRP explosion and planning on a Net Change basis (MRP only for parts that have had a change since the last MRP). Also allow MRP to run for a range of Parts. In both cases, MRP should explode the selected items and create Planned MO's & PO's. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

How to force a delayed write to an eSATA drive?
Hi, I just installed an eSATA as a backup drive. I use Windows Standby a lot, works really well for a long time before needing to do a restart. I'd like to shut off the eSATA so it's not running all the time and wasting electricity. But if I put my machine on Standby and turn off the eSATA then I get an error when I power on the eSATA. It's a cryptic error but has the string MFT$ in it so it appears to be a Master File Table corruption, and the drive becomes inaccessible. The actual message says a delayed write to the drive failed and says something about an MF...

Quick Parts won't save
I have Outlook 2007 on a new computer. I have been trying to create a Quick Part but it will not save it. When I first save the selection and go back to the Quick Part gallery it is there. But if I exit Outlook and launch Outlook again, when I look at Quick Part, what I just created is not there. I also noticed that I do not have a NormalEmail.dotm file in my Templates folder which I understand is where the Quick Part galleries are stored. I just tried this function and no problems here. Did you follow the following steps: [1] Open Outlook 2007 [2] Open new email and typ...

File Formats for Accounts Receivable
I am looking to build an interface into great plains from another application. I would like to import information into Accounts Receivable. Does anyone have the layout definitions or links to the documents that may help? Look at the transaction flow documents in the SDK. The SDK can be installed from CD2 of the Install CD set. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Micros...

I don't like the MDW file
can anyone think of any alternatives to use instead of the MDW file? In other wors, provide the same type of security in a dirfferent way, withouth using the MDW file? What sort of security are you looking for? Access User-Level Security, which is probably what you're talking about when you're saying MDW file, isn't that secure anyhow. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anthony" <no_spam@please.com> wrote in message news:%23vuNXrYDHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > can anyone think of any alternatives t...