iniciar xml..

amigos pueden ayudarme donde conseguir lo basico de xml y como empezar a
usarlo con ASP y asp.net, solamente se qeu xml funciona como una tabla..pero
quisiera saber mas..
gracias..

--
Gerardo Alfredo F. Pa�l
Analista de Sistemas

gerardo f. paul wrote:

> amigos pueden ayudarme donde conseguir lo basico de xml y como empezar a
> usarlo con ASP y asp.net, solamente se qeu xml funciona como una tabla..pero
> quisiera saber mas..

Start here - "Employing XML in the .NET Framework",
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconemployingxmlinnetframework.asp

--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

0
oleg7603 (294)
9/18/2003 7:39:59 PM
well thanks, I didn't seen it's english the forum until right now you
answered, that happens when us jump since one to another language.

;)

--
Gerardo Alfredo F. Pa�l
Analista de Sistemas
> gerardo f. paul wrote:
>
> > amigos pueden ayudarme donde conseguir lo basico de xml y como empezar a
> > usarlo con ASP y asp.net, solamente se qeu xml funciona como una
tabla..pero
> > quisiera saber mas..
>
> Start here - "Employing XML in the .NET Framework",

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconemployingxmlinnetframework.asp

> --
> Oleg Tkachenko
> http://www.tkachenko.com/blog
> Multiconn Technologies, Israel

How do you use a XSD to create a XML document?
Is it possible to load a XSD and loop throw the nodes and attributes that you whant filled out, and then generate a XML instance with the trees and data that you have filled data in? And how do you do that? Regards Paw what do you *really* want to do? do you want a generic xsd-to-xml generator? Something that can contrive XML documents from any general XSD? or is there a particular XSD you want to generate for? one approach I have used is to use "xsd.exe /c" to generate classes, then just instantiate the classes. Serialization of an instance of said class produces an XML d...

XML to XML Translation
Hi, I need to translate an XML document into another XML document. I would like to avoid using XSL that translates character by character. Is there a way to map fields between those 2 documents, and then translate? Thanks John Yung I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say that XSL translates character by character. Maybe that's the case behind the scenes, but it should not concern you how it's done. XSLT is THE technology to transform XML documents from one form into another. In the .NET Framework these transformations leverage the performance optimized implementation...

Databindings and XML
Dear Group I wonder if I do something wrong and whether this is possible at all. Any hint is greatly appreciated. I have a XML file bound to a Treeview. The treenodes Text/Value properties bind and populate fine if I set them to an attribute of the XML tag. What I would like to do however is setting my nodes text and value property to text that is between the XML tags. Example: <products> <article value="1" text="Washing Powder"> <description text="Super Whitewash"> Super Whitewash is ideal and a 'must hav...

xml within xml?
Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally what should the parent element be defined as in the xsd? I noticed xs:anytype throws an error when validating the final xml doc. TIA, RP RP wrote: > Hi all, I wish to embed an xml document within an element of another xml > document. If I enclose the child xml within a CDATA section will the DOM not > parse the child xml? What is the best way to do this? Additionally...

XML Question
Hi, Using Excel 2003 Pro. I've figured out how to pull an XML file from a remote web server into Excel and map the 2 fields I'm interested in (ProductID and ProductName) to cells, so the data looks like this ProductName ProductID Product 1 1234 Product 2 5678 etc...... However I want to reformat the results so I end up with this "Product 1" ** 0.05 ** http://www.website.com/1234.aspx "Product 2" ** 0.05 ** http://www.website.com/5678.aspx etc..... I need quotes around the product name, the 2 stars in co...

Newbie in XML with C# question
Hello, I am learning how to using XML documents to store data. I get this error: Access to the path "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Info.xml" is denied. I have tried with the full path of the file, with / infront of the file. How do I get the data in too the xml document Here is the code below: using System; using System.Collections; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Data; using System.Drawing; using System.Web; using System.Web.SessionState; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.XPath; ...

DataView from XML
I have an XML doc that has an element called date. This has a date in the following format "1/6/2004". I am using a filter sting such as "date > myDate" myDate is in the same format and is a date datatype. Everything worked fine until the new year, now i am having a problem if I put in a date from last year. It will not get any rows from '04. I also use a schema that has the following: "<xs:element name="date" type="xs:date"/>" Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks, Andy Andy wrote: > I have an XML ...

Adding an additional XML node
The below is the article I read today having the same question I want to raise here has no answer yet, so I copy and paste it again with hoping somebody can help out! I have seen samples of custom XML nodes in the eConnect help file eConnect8.0.chm. Has anyone seen code samples that show how to get the node into the struct. If you type 'eConnect business logic, extending' in the index textbox in the chm file you will get a page titled 'Extendign Business Logic'. If you click the link 'XML document' you will be presented with a page containing the following XML. &l...

Is it possible to define a schema that a xml tag can contains xml or text?

FOR XML Explicit, XMLDATA not giving relationship information in XDR for nested XML
This is a problem that has been nagging me for a while, and I cannot figure out how to best solve the problem: I have a stored procedure that returns multi-level "nested" XML and inline XDR. My goal is to have a .NET application read the XML into a DataSet using the inline schema, and the relations automatically created according to the nesting of the elements. My query in the stored procedure looks similar to this: SELECT 1 AS TAG, NULL AS PARENT, c.name [Customer!1!Name] NULL [Details!2!Address] FROM Customer c UNION ALL SELECT 2 AS TAG, 1 AS PARENT, NULL, c.address FROM Custom...

XML support
XML sorry accidentally posted unfinished message "MSNews2" <null2@null.com> wrote in message news:OqNqb#0yGHA.4116@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > XML > > ...

XML Deserialization
Hello Guys, I have tried to use the xsd.exe tool to generate a class for the following Oracle-generated xml sample but always fail to get it right when I try to change oracle xml elements names to the class's names, specifically I'm not sure how to do it for the ROWSET and ROW part of it. Being very new to the serialization/deserialization business I'm sure this is very easy to implement for someone with a bit of more knowledge of it, can some help me please. I have created 2 classes for for Department and Employee: [XmlRoot("ROWSET")] class Dep...

xml Templates
Does anyone where i can find or download more reciept templates?.. or maybe a prgram that nmakes it easy to design a template. thanks Pete There are some additional template available on the Reports Library section of Customer Source. I'm not aware of any receipt generator type programs, but XMLSpy from Altova is a terrific XML Editor. -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the informa...

saving as xml
Hi, The following url give you an XML output http://webservices.titantvguide.titantv.com/contentblocks.asmx/TonightOn?registrationKey=g8byqgPai3PYi1i7VOfEcKDfKOeYwmYM is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? Thanks in Advance. Regards Manoj Manoj Paramu Das wrote: > is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? What's the difference between saving XML file and HTML file? Just create WebRequest, get response stream and save it. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog ...

xml to serialize a dataset
I created a dataset using the DataSet Designer - http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/020806-1.aspx My objective was to serialize the generated dataset. protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { SalesOrderHeaderTableAdapter Adapter = new SalesOrderHeaderTableAdapter(); AdventureWorks.SalesOrderHeaderDataTable Orders = Adapter.GetDataBy(new DateTime(2004, 7, 1)); this.GridView1.DataSource = Orders; this.GridView1.DataBind(); /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// ...

iniciar xml..
amigos pueden ayudarme donde conseguir lo basico de xml y como empezar a usarlo con ASP y asp.net, solamente se qeu xml funciona como una tabla..pero quisiera saber mas.. gracias.. -- Gerardo Alfredo F. Pa�l Analista de Sistemas gerardo f. paul wrote: > amigos pueden ayudarme donde conseguir lo basico de xml y como empezar a > usarlo con ASP y asp.net, solamente se qeu xml funciona como una tabla..pero > quisiera saber mas.. Start here - "Employing XML in the .NET Framework", http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconemployingxmlinnetframework.asp --...

String representation of XML from System.Xml.XmlTextWriter
Is there anyway to get the XML string representation from the XmlTextWriter object? I created a function to create an XML using this object, but I need to send back an XML as the return value of this function. But I am not sure how to do this. Sub getXML() Dim objXMLWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(w, Text.Encoding.UTF8) objXMLWriter.WriteStartDocument() objXMLWriter.WriteStartElement("firstElement") objXMLWriter.WriteStartElement("SecondElement") objXMLWriter.WriteElementString("ThirdELement", "Just text&qu...

EDI / XML Options
We are a small company searching for a way to automate the reception of purchase orders and the sending of invoices and order acknowledgements. The formats that we would find acceptable are EDI-X12 or XML. What is the cheapest/best way to facilitate this need? Thanks for your suggestions. -pk ...

Xml.net for an XML person
Hello, If I have some XML in the following format: <Foods> <Food Name="Pizza"> <Ingredient Amount="500g">Flour</Ingredient> <Ingredient Amount="100g">Cheese</Ingredient> </Food> <Food Name="Pasta"> <Ingredient Amount="500g">Pasta</Ingredient> <Ingredient Amount="50g">Tomato Puree</Ingredient> </Food> </Foods> I want to search the XML doc for a certain type of "Food", then read the ing...

Using a form to add records to XML document
Hi, I haveto use VB to create a form that reads an exisiting XML file= and then allows updates via the VB form=2E My problem is that I was able to get VB to read a simple XML file= (people=2EXML), but I'm having problems figuring out how to get VB= to read a more complex XML file (people2=2Exml) and then use= additional text boxes on the same form to add more family= members=2E Each family can have from 1 to 5 members=2E I've pasted the working code below that read people=2Exml but would appreciate any assistance regarding people2=2Exml Thanks much, kyma people=2Exml --- SIM...

Create a sample XML data for XML Schema
Hello, Let us say that I have a schema or complex type like this one below: Is there a way programtically or a tool to create sample XML file/data for the schema?. I have number of such complex tpyer/schemas for which I need to create sample XMLs so I thought of doing it programatically.. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks. ********************** <xs:complexType name="AddRequest"> <xs:annotation> <xs:documentation> Add a group. The response is either a SuccessResponse or an ErrorResponse. </xs:documentation> &...

Not able to access customization section
Hi, Whenever I am accessing any of the 3 options under the Settings > Customization tab, following error is fired... The XML passed to the platform is not well-formed XML. Some time before to this, everything was working fine, I then imported a customization file and imported all the customizations. Since then error has started occuring. Hi, There is some problem in xml customization file you imported. Do you have any other valid cutomization file, if yes than import that and publish it. uMar Khan Hello World wrote: > Hi, > > Whenever I am accessing any of the 3 options ...

XML Serialization of CollectionBase and FXcop
I have an object which has a collection in it which I serialize using the XmlSerializer. According to FXCop, it is a bad practice to include the set accessor on the collection because it could result in non-type safe behavior. Fine. So I remove the set accession. The Collection inherits from CollectionBase, so it already includes the method MSDN says I need to allow the XmlSerializer to work (Add, Count and Item). But the serialization fails. I can add the set accessor back in, and everything works, but this isn't a good practice. Below is the code for my classes. Can anyone...

Restructure XML
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C554A6.83B5A0F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to restructure my xml with a generic style sheet to perform = the following. I want to be able to inspect a group of nodes then place = them into a collection node if there are more than one at the same level = with the same name. This should occur as well if sub-levels have = consecutive node names. Is this possible? I have worked on it for a = while and have not come up with a method t...

output xml from xslt inC#
Hello, Thanks for taking the time to read. I'm begining Visual C# and trying to convert an HTML/Javascript application into a Windows application. I was using and XML database, transformed with XSL to output HTML, in Javascript for the client. Now, I have the same data in XML that I want to transform with XSL, but I need to output an XML node tree, to populate a treeView. I see a lot of ways to transform XML with XSL to output a string or a file, but I guess what I need is to output an XmlDocument I'm pretty confused with the "Writers" and "Readers" that ...