Import xml data within xml

Is there a specification that defines how one might import xml data within
another xml document using a URL ?

If so, will it work in .NET?

Rein

Take a look at XInclude - http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude

> If so, will it work in .NET?

Sure. There is open-source XInclude implementation for .NET - XInclude.NET,
http://gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=cab253e8-cb4b-47c4-a9d9-6c42947b04a8
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

0
oleg7603 (294)

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Importing data

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

excel 97 xml import

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

Importing Dynamic data

Flipping order of data in a column
I need to flip the order of data in a column. For example: Is: 22 10 23 Need: 23 10 22 How can I do this? I need only flip the data in a column, these cell are not a part of rows of data thus no ther data must flip with thes numbers. Obviously the data I am changing is more than 3 cells long (- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way (using a helper column - if this is a one-time operation). If your data is in column A enter the following: B1: 1 B2: 2 - select B1:B2 and drag the selection down. This will populate column B with ascending numbers - Sort column A+B wit...

XML Generation and consumption
I have a schema (.XSD) and I have generated the .cs classes for it using xsd.exe. So now I have a .cs file. What I need to do is generate XML from it, using my values for the data values and then post it to a URL then consume the response. This has to be something fairly common - but I can't find any samples or tutorials on the code to do this. Can anyone here help with where I might find such a tutorial? I can use Vs 2005 or vs 2008. On Aug 31, 1:20=A0pm, Thane Hubbell <hubbell.th...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a schema (.XSD) and I have generated the .cs classes for it >...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing a CSV file

Button to Export a Record into XML
I have a form setup and I want to have a button you click on that will export the current record displayed to a XML file. Only the current record, and not the entire table. How would I go about this? Create a query that's limited to the single record (make it a parameter query that gets the ID of the current record from your form), and export the query, not the table. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Bombay" <Bombay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A44F67-D93C-4C70-88F9-27662B43F92F@microsoft.co...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Attaching to secured Access data source via Excel
I have a password secured Access 97/2000 database that I'm trying to attach to via Excel 97/2000 to make pivot tables, but I can't use any of the database's objects as a data source, at least no way that I'm aware. I'm assuming that's caused by Access requiring me to be part of a particular workgroup (system.mdw) and logged in as a certain user. Am I correct in the assumption that attaching to an secured Access data source is impossible in Excel? (BTW, making pivot tables using non-secured Access data sources is no problem.) ...

stumped on creating dependent data validation lists
I created 2 Data Validation lists with Indirect functions. On trying to use them in conjunction with a 3rd list, i realized my logic in trying to accomplish what i need had been flawed. The problem is that the 3rd list, which should be dependent on the 1st 2, changes location. That is, i have a very busy worksheet. In the main body of the worksheet, there are no empty rows and columns. But almost every cell needs to have dependent validation lists to select items from. The main body is from A13 to AW131. In the area E14 to Q131, I have the potential to need a dependent dropdown list i...

counting colored data
I have a spread sheet where if a number doesn't fall within certain limits the font is red representing a NG part. If the number falls within certain limits the font is green representing a good part. I would like to know if there is a way to count the # of NG(or red numbers). I tried copying the spreadsheet to my question but the fonts don't come over in color. There are numerous cells and would be much easier to count if there was a formula to do so. I know how to make a count formula but not one if the font is a certain color. Rather than counting color (whi...

Custom Zoom Form Not Updating Data
I have some code tied to the double click event for a control that opens a custom zoom form and displays the text as well as the label of that control. Right now, if I add to the text in the zoom form, it doesn't actually update the data in the table. I know I've read somewhere how to accomplish this, but my searching isn't finding it again. The code I'm using is below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Private Sub evnt_prblm_descr_txt_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) strZoomPar = Me.name & ";" & Me.ActiveControl.name strTitle = Me!Label16.Cap...

importing email

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...