http xml post

Hi

I'm working on a http xml post (request/response).

In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and
send response
back.

But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as a
single key"

I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about
it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Cindy

0
chenschel (10)

"CindyH" <chenschel@new.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm working on a http xml post (request/response).
>
> In my testing - I have been able to create and post xml string/stream and
> send response
> back.
>
> But now I've been told that I should "code the whole xml payload string as
> single key"
>
> I'm not sure what this means and haven't been able to find anything about
> it.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Thanks,
> Cindy

I've no idea either, why not ask for clarification?

--

Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
http://joe.fawcett.name

Workbook sharing and web page posting
I am creating a workbook that will have a 2 level password. One for read-only and one for editing. I am posting this workbook to a website that will be seen by students and faculty. It will be a patient schedule and we will have faculty adding appointments. What I am trying to do is get the workbook to save automatically, refresh automatically and when accessed, bring up the password option. When the workbook is opened in Excel, the password protection is working beautifully, but when posted to the web, no password prompt is coming up. Suggestions, please? Thank you, Stephanie M...

what can i do if i want to include "<" or ">" in xml document.
hi everybody, i am useing some classes which in System.Xml to deal with xml document. what can i do if the document include "<" or ">"? Thanks. Escape them to "&lt;" and "&gt;" (excluding the surrounding quotes. ">" is ususally safe even unescaped in most contexts. Sometimes it becomes necessary to escape the quotes and the apostrophe characters -- accordingly -- with "&quot;" and "&apos;" Another character to escape almost always is the ampersand character itself -- this is escaped as "...

Forward http to http not working
I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o want to work. I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . thanks! Sean On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:54:45 -0700, Sean <doyoureallyneedthis@nospam.name> wrote: >I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o >want to work. >I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 >All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . Did you set up SSL on the virtual directory with a ce...

Disdplaying resulting XML Response as Raw XML on Web Page
This may be trivial. It was back when I did HTTP POST with XML Docs. Now on ASL.Net I'm using XML proxy classes and everything I've tried tries to act on the XML. I have a test ASPX page that I use to test web service. When response is returned I want to open a new window and disdplay result as XML. I don't want tags removed. I don't have any XLST. I just want to popup with raw XML tags and all. I don't mind invoking anoither ASPX page to display the XML. I'm guessing the is very easy, or should be. doug wrote: > This may be trivial. It was back when ...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

RPC over HTTP in outlook
Hello, I am at a point where this problem is simply life and there is no fix, but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys think. I have a site that is connecting to a remote server for email. Server is Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2007 SP1 with rollup 6 User is Windows Vista SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1 Bandwidth test at site shows 1500 kbytes down and 500 kbytes up. I realize that this will be a major factor which is why I am mentioning it. When the user tries to load large emails 5+ Megabytes Outlook will appear to be frozen and not responding. If you are patient and wait ...

0-byte Attachments for all HTTP Clients
Hello, I am running SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I also use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device with MSFP, and am using Exchange ActiveSync to receive e-mail on the WM device. The WM device has no other e-mail services configured. I recently discovered that if I use any HTTP client (OWA, WM device) to access an e-mail attachment, the attachment is saved as a 0-byte file. This is true both on my WM device, and any time I am using OWA to access e-mail. The same attachments are properly saved from Outlook. I have read KB817442, "IIS 6.0: Antivirus Scanning of IIS Compression Directory Ma...

General Posting Journal errors
When trying to post a JE, we're getting the following error messages: The Currency ID is missing The rate type ID is missing The Exchange table ID is missing The currency ID is not selected for this posting account Any help is greatly apprceciated. Thanks. Hi GG I suggest you look at the 'Financial/Cards' screen for this account and click on the 'Currency' tab. Ensure that your relevant currency id is assigned to the specific account in that window. That's a good place to start. Chow Sheila "GG" wrote: > When trying to post a JE, we're g...

Examining HTTP requests?
I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a web-browser at the client side. Does anybody know of any Class or API in Visual C++ that can be used to examine HTTP requests sent to this server of mine by a webbrowser........ So far all the classes I've come accross is MSDN are for use at the client end only...... Thank you have you try HttpFile? "mysty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ���� :uPpOy5k7DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a > web-browser at ...

Redirect https to http Exchange 2007
Hello I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this working on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. Thanks "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B235CCE5-28A5-45EF-B419-62D1A632E701@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the > /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this > working > on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. > &...

converting an .xlsm file to .xml?
how do you save an .xlsm file as .xml? the excel files are simple files with cells with no calculations. the records are county property records with some numbers and text. I thought you could save as .xml previously but I have Excel 2007. I turned on the Developer tab and export is greyed out? thanks, You first need to create an XSD schema using your favorite XML editor (I use XML Spy, which is fantastic), or a text editor like Notepad. For example, given data on a worksheet like Groups Number Tens Hundreds One 1 10 100 Two 2 20 200 Three 3 30 300 Four 4 40 400 I...

Unable to view XML spreadsheet in excel 2000
Hi I have a server side XML file that is formatted via a XSL and genrated as a Excel file. I am able to view the formatted report in Office exce 2002 and higher. But when I downloade the report in my office 2000 excel all i am able to see if only the xml lines of code that has the attributes etc of each row to be displayed but it is not renderred in the formate as it is in 2002 or higher. I understand that there is the XML support for 2002 and higher. Given that we have user who have only excel 2000 are there any other work around (like installing a service pack etc. or plug in ) to...

Adding namespace to an XML string.
If I have a well-formed XML document in a string, what can I do to get a namespace added to it? What class, properties, and methods can I use? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > If I have a well-formed XML document in a string, what can I do to get a > namespace added to it? What class, properties, and methods can I use? The simplest and the most effective way is to crate custom XmlReader which exposes required namespace. Here is the simplest form: public class NamespacedXmlReader : XmlTextReader { public NamespacedXmlReader(TextReader r) : base(r) {} public ove...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

HTTP Access
I had to re-install my IIS server due to general problems, now i have done that i can no longer access my Mailboxes Via HTTP access. Does any one know how i can recreate these? Thank you if you reinstalled IIS which is a core in all messeging actions on the exchange server(2000,2003), you should run the exchange setup again with the /disasterrecovery switch in order to restore the definitions. -- Omer Maydan MCSE,Security+ "J Speed" <J_speed259@fsmail.net.INVALID> wrote in message news:OnK58QdiEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I had to re-install my IIS server due...

Posting XML to Server from ASP.NET/C# webapp
Hi All, I am trying to build an class that will POST XML to a merchant Gateway. The XML represents a customer transaction. I have no idea how to go about posting anything other then a collection of name value pairs. Can someone please give me a hand. I have been searching for a few days. I've come up with 1 very vague VB example from 1999. I'm currently developing in .NET 2.0 and 1.1. Thanks Rich Williams wrote: > I am trying to build an class that will POST XML to a merchant Gateway. The > XML represents a customer transaction. I have no idea how to go about posting ...

Performance Enhancements
Thought I'd share some performance tips and tricks with everyone. If you enable HTTP Compression and Custom HTTP header to your CRM web app it really increases the performance. There are a couple of tweaks you can apply (should be very careful) 1.) Enable HTTP Compression - Check out the link http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/HowTo/16267D49-4C6E-4063-AB12-853761D31E66.dcik 2.) Add the following Custom HTTP Headers to CRM directories and files of the following type .gif. .jpg, .htc, and .css (DO NOT apply to .aspx files.) here are the entries you want to use: Customer header name; "...

Force SSL for RPC over HTTP
I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommended. How do I ensure users are using SSL? The only place I can find an option for this is in the Outlook client on the Security tab to encrypt data. Is this the proper place to ensure my clients are using SSL?. PS. Yes, I do have a proper SSL cert. Thanks, Rob "Rob" <rbergerATtrmcomDOTcom> wrote: >I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 >machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommen...

Outlook ~ RPC over HTTP
My internal laptop users use Outlook 2003 when they are at their desk and are setup as Exchange 2003 clients. When these laptop users leave the office they want to continue using their Outlook 2003 client. Is a VPN still the best solution for folks like these? Is RPC over HTTP only good for folks using Outlook 2003, work out of their house, and don't have an office in the home office? -- NC Beach Bum The answer is it depends. If you already have a VPN set up and the clients are already set up with VPN connections and know how to use them, it may very well be easiest to sim...

Validating XML with XSD's
I have written a small app that uses the XmlValidationReader and a customer ValidationEventHandler function. When I validate the XML I get detail structured information like child is not defined or structure is invalid but now I am getting into facets. I am working with data lengths and I have found that I get the following message when a value is the incorrect length: "The 'elementname' element has an invalid value according to its data type. The real error is that the data value is longer than allowed. In XML Spy I receive the follwing error for this scenario: "Value Doe...

System.NullReferenceException during XML Deserialization
I'm experiencing odd behavior on the part of the XMLSerializer. I'm deserializing an XmlNode. The XmlNode is pass as part of a call to IConfigurationSectionHandler.Create. My XML looks like: <sectionName> <settings> ... ... ... </settings> </sectionName> I have define my class as such: [XmlRoot(Namespace="", IsNullable=false, ElementName="settings")] public class MyAppSettings { .... } I am passing my XmlNode to the XmlSerializer like so: return serializer.Deserialize( new XmlNodeReader( section.ChildNo...

http
I want to create a software that changes the network transport to the browser. It'll change the GET direction to something that i want. for example every surfing to google.com will redirect me to google.co.il. I want this to work for every browser. Any ideas? thanks. Maybe write an HTTP proxy that filters certain URLs and replaces them with others? But the browser will need to be configured to use this proxy. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] <amisol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126556573.848052.48380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to create a software that cha...

Invalid charachters in a XML Doc
I'm new to XML, so this is a newbie question. I'm reading in XML docs via a VB.NET application and extracting node data and I find that one of my blocks or lines has a copyright character in it. I'm using the .NET XMLTextReader class and the Reader won't parse this character at all; just throws an exception and boom the application quits. The character always appears in the same place in the document so I thought to detect the node and skip over it using the skip function. Nope, it still blows up. Here's the node. Notice the copyright char shows up as a block. Can anyone p...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server