HTML or XML diff/merge

hi,

I am looking for a library (i.e. not a standalone GUI program) that can do
diff and merge of HTML or XML, preferably in C# or at least that can be
called from C#

anyone know of such a thing

TIA

Andy

0
ajfish (40)

Andy Fish wrote:

> I am looking for a library (i.e. not a standalone GUI program) that can do
> diff and merge of HTML or XML, preferably in C# or at least that can be
> called from C#
>
> anyone know of such a thing

XSL (or XSLT) can diff and merge XHTML and XML. El Goog will find you
scripts to do each.

And note that XHTML is very good for your project, and easy to unit test.
(You do _have_ unit tests, don't you?) But note that web browsers typically
only support Transitional XHTML, and some XML tools _don't_ support it. This
paper explores some problems peripheral to your situation:

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2007/08/assert_hpricot_1.html

--
  Phlip
  http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/

phlipcpp (1)

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

Merge Cell Button Greyed Out
Hello all. Someone has been futzing with my spreadsheet and has managed to break it. I've got 6 cells (3 cells in 2 rows) I want to merge. They were merged once, but as I say, someone has been playing. Anyway, I'm trying to merge these 6 cells in a worksheet and the merge cell button is greyed out. I can merge other cells in the sheet, but none of these 6 in any combination. Any ideas as to how I can get these cells to merge, or un-do whatever has been done that is preventing this, would be apprecaited. Thanks all! -- craig-o -----------------------------------------------...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

Merging stock
I am using the Canadian version of MS Money 2004. I am attempting to merge a stock and have followed the help directions: 1. On the Investing menu, click Portfolio . 2. In the left pane, click Record a special activity , and then click Record a merger . 3. Follow the instructions on the screen. I get stuck at option 2. as there is no "Record a Merger" option, just transfer and record a split. Confirm please that this option is not available in the Canadian version, though I can't imagine why. Trent In microsoft.public.money, Trent wrote: >I am using the Canadian v...

Read from XML into Datagrid with dropdownlist

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

produce a truly hierarchical xml
Any help appreciated. I have two Access tables, customer and orders. I would like to create a truly hierarchical xml file form the joined tables. I need to produce: <Query1> <Customer> <Name>Bob</Name> <Order> <ID>1001</ID> </Order> <Order> <ID>1002</ID> </Order> </Customer> <Customer> <Name>Helen</Name> <Order&...

How to autofit height of merge cells?
I merge 2 cells, A1+B1. When i type in the cell (merged) with text so long. So the text will be warped. Now how to height of the cell fit as long as the text? ...

Merge Custom Entities
We are currently using CRM 3.0. We have some custom entities that have duplicates and I need to merge the duplicates together. There is no "merge" for custom entities in 3.0. Any idea on how to merge them? ...

html
How do you create an "html" file? We need this file to display messages & promotions on the costumer display monitor Halo! I am student!!!! ...

Excel merge columns
Hallo, I have two different lists. List A with three columns: name, first name, email address and list B with 7 columns: name, first name, Street, City, Post Code, Counrty. The list B containes the names of list A. How do I merge these two different lists, so that the e-mail address appears as separate column of List B? Myrto Myrto - If the rows are identical, you could insert a column in list B titled E-mail, then go to List A, Copy to e-mail column, and paste it in list B. Just be sure that you are pasting it in the right row. Carole O "Myrto" wrote: > Hallo, >...

HTML messages #3
When I use Outlook 2000 to send an HTML message, I often want to cut and paste from other documents. The trouble is, the font and color come with the paste. If I was using Word as my editor, I could use the paintbrush to get this pasted text to the font I was using. Without using Word, how do I clean up my pasted attributes? In microsoft.public.office.misc Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: > When I use Outlook 2000 to send an HTML message, I often want to cut and paste > from other documents. The trouble is, the font and color come with the paste. > If I was us...

is there an easy way to merge data/information on several sheets .
I need to combine sheets on one workbook into ONE sheet, data/columns are the same on each sheet, but original person put it different names on each sheet instead of on one.. anyway to do that easily short of cutting and pasting from each individual sheet? hi Robin http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm Or a formula example http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02A7E32F-CE95-40E2-843D-08EC33DE0B81@microsoft.com... >I need to combine sheets on one workbook...

How to drag a picture from html page and save to local computer
Hi, I had written an application with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0(with sp5), I wanna drag a picture from html page and drop in my application, a dialog-based application, but I don't know how to set the clipboard format, CF_GIF?, and, If I can get a href-link for the picture, So my problem is addressed now. So..., I don't know how to do? Anybody can offer some articles or codes to help? Any help will be appreciated! Allen Chang ...

Exchange 2003 converting Plain text to HTML in unwanted
We have Exchange 2003 SP1 installed and we have a couple of accounts that forward email to a server that strips out information from the email like racing stats and things. This is setup by having an alternate delivery address set for the account. What I am seeing is the email is coming in to the account is in plain text but then exchange forwards the email onto the server it is converting it to HTML which is screwing the parser and it is not able to strip out the information any more. Is there anything that can stop this hapenning?? ...

best way to publish html newsletter for e-mail
I would like to create a newsletter and send via e-mail as an HTML file that will be viewable by a wide variety of e-mail programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). Please advise if you have any suggestions. Shawn458 <Shawn458@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Please advise if you have any suggestions. Don't use Publisher. :-) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I think it is the consensus of most is to use a pdf file attached to a cover letter e-mail. Benefits include limitless number of pages Full screen display by a...

How do I get merged cells to display all text.
I merged a section of cells and set the wrap text and the text to start at top. For some reason when you click out of the cell it will not show all the text you typed. Does any body know why. Merged cells have problems with autofitting the rowheight. And cells with lots of text can have trouble displaying all of it. If you add a bunch of alt-enters to force new lines within the cell, you can usually see lots more. But make sure you manually adjust the rowheight when you're done. Excel problem wrote: > > I merged a section of cells and set the wrap text and the text to start a...

XML Nodes
I apologize if this should be posted in ADO.net, but it does have to do with XML. I have a header table and a detail table that uses a field called CountID for the parent child relationship. I add the relationship to the dataset, and then write it out as XML. Here is the output I get: <StoreItemExport> <Count> <StNum>100017</StNum> <Cdate>2004-01-09T10:17:28.0000000-08:00</Cdate> <OrdDate>2004-01-09T10:17:28.0000000-08:00</OrdDate> <TemplateName>Hand Held Test 1</TemplateName> <TemplateID>10001720...

Html
Hallo I like to send forexample a dokument from word to entourage buth in html like with windows I don�t understand this its now the 2 edition and still nopes Hello Hans, Perhaps the next version of office will have a solution to this problem. We will know very soon. You can sign up for a bulletin announcing Office 2004. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=office2004lb -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Before posting a "new" topic please be sure to search Goo...

How do I truncate decimal places on a merged field?
I'm creating a Word template with merged fields. One of the incoming fields is numeric with several decimal places (40.96670). I want to truncate the merged field to two decimal places (40.96). Note: I do not want to round (40.97) I just want to drop all decimal places after two. Can I use the Numeric Format Switch to accomplish this? How? See reply to your previous question on the same topic. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Trish Gorda" <TrishGorda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2660579C-1E18-4B59-9A30-DF7937BA8A74@m...

Getting a strange error when I try to view an XML file from VS.NET
The error message that I'm getting is: "Cannot find the file 'C:\text.xml' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available". I've attached the file that I have saved at C:\text.xml. It's a simple XML file that I threw together for testing. But it's giving me that error. Does anyone have any idea why I might be getting this, and (more importantly) how I can fix it? Thanks! -Scott begin 666 test.xml M/#]X;6P@=F5R<VEO;CTG,2XP)R!E;F-O9&EN9STG=71F+3@G(#\^#0H\<75O M=&4^#0H\5&...

javascript generated html

EXCEL MERGE AND LINK ISSUE
I have a workbook with 2 sheets ( PO register, PO schedule tracker) In the first sheet, i have around 10 column ( A:J) details like PO no, Supp Name, PI no, Date, Order value, Payment term etc. ( this i use to fill A2 for 1 supplier, A3 for 2nd supplier and so on) But the 2nd sheet i have a schedule tracker my datas are like ( A:J) first 3 column are same in both sheet only the difference is in the 2nd sheet i will be merging A2 & A3 for PO no, B2&B3 for Supplier Name, C2&C3 for PO No, after than the D2=Committed Date & D3=Actual Date( the column heading will be like ETD,...