How to set an string element's value to a CDATA block?

I've got a class hierarchy generated from a .xsd schema file using the
XSD.EXE tool. One of the elements will have its "inner text" set to a CDATA
block. The XSD.EXE tool exposed a "Value" property on that element to allow
setting that inner text. After I create the object hierarchy and specify all
the appropriate elements, attributes, etc., I serialize the objects to a .xml
file using XmlSerializer.

If I simply specify the "element.Value" property to the string data (what
should go inside the CDATA), the string simply becomes the inner text - it's
not wrapped in the CDATA delimiters. So it would appear that the classes
generated by XSD.EXE either can't or don't have enough information to
automatically wrap the data in a CDATA.

If I try to manually wrap the string data by specifying element.Value as
"<![CDATA[" + string + "]]>", the '<' and '>' characters get encoded as < and
> respectively when I serialize the object to an XML file.

Is there a way to get the behavior I need - that is, the string data is
properly wrapped in the CDATA markers to create a valid element with CDATA
inner text?

Thanks,

Donnie

0
soccerdad (3)

(Part of this got mangled when posting...)

The problem that happens when I try to manually wrap the string data in the
normal CDATA delimiters is that the "less than" symbol at the start of the
CDATA section gets converted during serialization to the "& l t ;" entity,
and correspondingly with the "greater than" symbol that ends the CDATA
section.

This obviously makes it an invalid CDATA section and is not what I want.

Thanks again,

Donnie

"soccerdad" wrote:

> I've got a class hierarchy generated from a .xsd schema file using the
> XSD.EXE tool. One of the elements will have its "inner text" set to a CDATA
> block. The XSD.EXE tool exposed a "Value" property on that element to allow
> setting that inner text. After I create the object hierarchy and specify all
> the appropriate elements, attributes, etc., I serialize the objects to a .xml
> file using XmlSerializer.
>
> If I simply specify the "element.Value" property to the string data (what
> should go inside the CDATA), the string simply becomes the inner text - it's
> not wrapped in the CDATA delimiters. So it would appear that the classes
> generated by XSD.EXE either can't or don't have enough information to
> automatically wrap the data in a CDATA.
>
> If I try to manually wrap the string data by specifying element.Value as
> "<![CDATA[" + string + "]]>", the '<' and '>' characters get encoded as < and
> > respectively when I serialize the object to an XML file.
>
> Is there a way to get the behavior I need - that is, the string data is
> properly wrapped in the CDATA markers to create a valid element with CDATA
> inner text?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Donnie

0
soccerdad (3)

setting up new outlook mail account

OWA Set Rule problem

How to set backcolour

Formating text of x-axix value
I make a chart with x-axix values from let's say 1E-9 to 1E-3, using logaritmic scale. So far so good. But my need is not to display the values in the chart like 1E-9, 1E-8, etc. but like 10-9, where the -9 text will be formated as upper index. Thx for any help or suggestion. see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Exponents_in_Cells_and_Charts.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Karel" <Karel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA5042AE-A412-4CB3-B823-89741DAF8FFD@microsoft.com... >I mak...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Reading Pane Settings

Need to sum values that are not strikethroughs
I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs values; is it possible to combine a formula and vb code to a cell ? =SUM(BH100:BH120) & Activecell.selection.font.strikethrough = false Thank you Khf Try: Function zum(r As Range) As Double Dim rr As Range For Each rr In r If rr.Font.Strikethrough = False Then zum = zum + rr.Value End If Next End Function In the worksheet use it like: =zum(A1:A10) -- Gary''s Student "Rock" wrote: > I need to sum a column without it adding the rows that have strikethroughs > values; i...

Detecting if a string has one or more 16-bit characters
How do you go about it in a unicode build? As far as I'm concerned, there is no absolute method. I do recall a recent MSDN magazine article that pointed out that NotePad automatically does this and can sometimes get it wrong. Seems there is a function to do this (sorry, I can't recall where it was or the name), but that it used statistics, which not always correct. I'm sure that the shorter the string, the harder it would be to guarantee correctness. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "flect" <flect@example.net> wrote in m...

interactive buttons, multiple sets

How do I set OOR

Set Focus

Publisher 2003 Need to set business card to Avery 5371 setting
I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will print on Avery 5371 business cards Okay.........and your question is? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jonathan" <Jonathan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:187615DD-9EF1-42A2-8436-78E6E6C6ACE4@microsoft.com... >I need to set the print settings so the business cardd that I created will > print on Avery 5371 business cards Page setup, business cards, click change copies per sheet, type > .5 top, .75 side, zero gaps. Avery 5371 is a standard business card s...

moving values from sheet to another
I would like to know if it is possible to create a formula on one shee (sheet 2) and copy that resulting value to another sheet (main sheet) So when I make changes to the formula on sheet 2 it will update on th main sheet and be used in another formula on that sheet (main sheet) Is this possible? Thank you. :) : -- makdaddy92 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- makdaddy925's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2938 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49189 On the main sheet in the ce...

Crosstab queries, <> and null values
Hi everyone, I have a crosstab query attached to a graph on a report. It shows quantity of widgets produced by each employee for a specified period. The client wants all months shown regardless of zero widgets. If I just use the Access graph wizard, it only shows the months when there are some values not all months with or without zero values. The final graph is supposed to be sum(widgets) and each bar represents a worker. So... MonthSt WorkerName #Widgets 01/Jan/2010 Bob 10 01/Jan/2010 Dave ...

Count based on string in cell
Using Excel 2007. I am not sure if I am trying to do is too ambitious. My single column sheet looks something like this A1 abc abc, def abc, ghi def def, ghi abc, def, ghi ghi Possible values are abc, def, and ghi in any combination but always in alpha order I want to: Chart the responses on how many cells have only 'abc', how many cells have only 'def'' how many cells have only 'ghi', how many cells have 'abc' & 'def' & 'ghi' how many cells have 'abc' & 'def' how many cells have 'abc...

remove div/0 values in excel cells
Hello Members, I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. Help me please,Its a production problem... Thanks In Advance Ash Hi Ash, =A1/B1; replace with =IF(B1=0,"",A1/B1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ash" <garika.ashwin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163567648.449309.242100@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... | Hello Members, | I have a problem with Excel ,currently working with Cells .Where I want | to remove Div/0 value from excel cell. | | Help me please,Its a produc...

Setting the Settings
Really quickly: How (exactly) does one get Publisher to remember the page settings I want. ie. every time I open a new document, I get centimeters, and usually, I'd prefer inches. I have not been able to find a "Save Settings" option anywhere. Can anyone help? thomas In Publisher 2000 it's Tools Options General tab Measurements unit box - select inches. OK That should do it. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "ThomasL" <tlammert@netcom.ca> wrote in message ne...

"Object or class does not support the set of events" Quick Question
All, I built a MS Access database in MS Access 2003, which I have set up in a shared folder. I have a form with some standard components such as text boxs, bottons. When a user updates the form I wish to record the time/date and username in the record. I have posted a copy of the code I'm using for the "BeforeUpdate" event below. Now this works fine on my machine and updates without a problem. However when a user on another machine (also using MS Access 2003) tries to update the same field, he gets the following error: "The expression Before Update you entered as the eve...

Strange permission Settings.
Hey folks I got a strange problem and i think it has somthing to do with permisions server end but it is possible this could also be a client side problem Okay so im on the support desk we have a number of users that access an exchange 2003 server using outlook 2003 some teams share access team maiboxes. When they try to add a custom field to (in tasks or email) on a shared mailbox they recive this error message "You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or the system administrator" But they have full rights to it an...