How to invoke the xml editor?

I installed vs2005 on a new xp pro machine, and installed everything
except C++. When I click on a file with a ".xml" extension it is
opened with IE. When I click file/Edit with XML Editor, it opens it
with Notepad. If I click File/Open With and select XML Editor, it
opens it with IE. So, where is the xml editor?
Can it be invoked from withing VS? Where?

Bill

* billsahiker@yahoo.com wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml:
>I installed vs2005 on a new xp pro machine, and installed everything
>except C++. When I click on a file with a ".xml" extension it is
>opened with IE. When I click file/Edit with XML Editor, it opens it
>with Notepad. If I click File/Open With and select XML Editor, it
>opens it with IE. So, where is the xml editor?
>Can it be invoked from withing VS? Where?

In Visual Studio, File -> Open -> File. Be sure to set "Files of type"
to include *.xml.
--
Bj�rn H�hrmann � mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de � http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Weinh. Str. 22 � Telefon: +49(0)621/4309674 � http://www.bjoernsworld.de

XML document and XML schema
Greetings, We have a requirement to utilize some sort of data storage, and XML strikes as being as viable a technology as the next one. I have started by using the XMLSchema designer to cook up a minimal schema to get us started. Now I'd like to take that schema and start a new XML document based upon the schema. I'm somewhat of a newbie to XML when it comes to this, so I may not even be utilizing it correctly, so please bear with me. Is this a valid operation to do in the .NET framework? If not, how might we generate an XML document based upon the XML schema we cooked up? Thanks...

invoke data upload
Is there a way for HQ to request data upload from a store without relying on the schdule? For example, if I needed to see acutual store sales data immediately. Thanks in advance. No, communication is always initiated by HQ Client. The only way for HQ to request an off-schedule connection is to contact someone at the store and ask them to manually connect HQ Client. You would need to create and approve a 401 worksheet at HQ before having the store connect. You could also use remote control software like PC Anywhere (that's just an example, not a recommendation) to connect to t...

No task manager & blocked registry editor!!!! HELP!!
Hi, I have seen all the posts and solution for enabling the task manager. But i still can't acess my Registry editor. Says its been disable by the administrator. But i'm the administrator. I have scanned my laptop for virus and spyware. Its clean. So hope you can Help me with these prob. -- Thanks! Enable Registry Editor using Group Policy Editor 1. Click on the Start > Run and type gpedit.msc 2. Navigate to: - User Configuration - Administrative Templates- - System. 3. On the option: Prevent access to registry editing tools 4. Click Disabled and click on the OK button to save s...

XML XSL PDF
Hi Can someone give me some general "where to start looking" advice please. I AM : a dot net developer, good knowledge of xml / xsl transformation into html. I WANT : To produce PDF docs from xml feeds. Large numbers of files and some very large. Questions: I have heard of XSL-FO but know little about it. I have no idea how to convert from XSL-FO to PDF. Are there microsoft / .net / even script ways to do this easily? Do i need a component? Any recommendations (open source freeware preferable but good recommendations mean more than the money) Please help .. even if where t...

Macros behave differnet when invoked by different methods
Using XL 2003, i have recorded several macros. For example, i recorded one that changes the "Move selection after Enter", to toggle the selection either Up or Right. I created an icon, using the letter "Z" to invoke it. When I click on the icon, the press Enter, the selection will move as required. But, if i use Alt Z to invoke the macro, then i have to press Enter 2 times. I have noticed this with other macros, that when invoked using Alt + letter, then an extra Enter is required. How can i eliminate the extra "Enter"? Thanks... Tonso Just a guess....

Unable to read accent character in a generated xml file
Hi Everybody !!! I had generated a xml file that contained accent character. When I am trying to open it inside Excel 2002, Excel don't want to open it. If I delete all my accent character and I am able to open it. I sent you the content of my xml file. If you can tell me what is wrong with it it will help me a lot. Thanks a lot !!! <?xml version='1.0'?> <Workbook xmlns='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet' xmlns:o='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office' xmlns:x='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel' xmlns:dt='u...

Special characters in xml from dataset
Hi, When I write out my typed dataset to an xml file on disk, I can not open it in my browser, because my data contains characters like "ä","ë" and "é". Is there a way to solve this? Thanks, I. Demol How did you write it into disk? If you set the encoding correctly the serialisation should be able to create a valid XML file. -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ "I. Demol" <I. Demol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00965916-0B09-4606-A6E4-73286FFDBF37@microsoft.com... > Hi, > When I w...

Help!!!!!!!!!! Word as my e-mail editor quit..took a hike
What happened? It was working fine... Now I get a message saying word isn't installed or there is a problem so Outlook is my e-mail editor.... The artist in my is crying WHYYYYY ME!! Any suggestions? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284900 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319796 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q196871 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q223934 -- Russ Valentine [M...

XML covert to string issue
I have a (SQL Server 2005) table with a field (defined as TEXT) that contains an XML document. In VB.NET (VS 2005) I need to get this xml document and perform XPath statements on it. When I get the XML document and convert it to a string I loose part of the document. Dim xmltext As New System.Text.StringBuilder Dim strReader As StringReader = New StringReader(xmltext.ToString) Dim reader As XmlTextReader = New XmlTextReader(strReader) Dim strSQL As New System.Text.StringBuilder strSQL.Append("SELECT msg as VAL from tblMessage WHERE ID=100") 'routine ExecSQLReturnVal execut...

Can't invoke signature from list
In Outlook 2000 (IMO) with MS Word as the email editor, I have entered a list of email signatures by using Tools>Opions>General Tab>Email Options>Email Signature Tab>. The list appears in the dialog box; I can choose one signature from this list and use it as my default signature. That works OK. Outlook help says I can insert a signature in an email message as follows. a. Open the new message window b. put cursor in text box c. Go to Insert(menu)>AutoText>Email Signature d. Select the desired signature from the list. At step c, the list I see has one name in it an...

About xml namespace.

Xml Node exists

Hey There!... I've been dealing for hours trying to figure out why do I get the following error message: Type 'System.Xml.XmlDocument' in Assembly 'System.Xml, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' is not marked as serializable. I'm using the following method to get the XML: private XmlDocument loadXmlFile() { XmlDocument xmlDoc= new XmlDocument(); try { xmlDoc.LoadXml(File.ReadAllText(Server.MapPath("~/ links.xml"))); } catch (Exception) { t...

invoke command
For some rason, I can not get this to exicute. It works on a cmd prompt, but not as invoke in PS. $command = "C:\scripts\SysInternals\psexec.EXE \\remotemachine MsiExec.exe /norestart /q/x{0EFC6259-3AD8-4CD2-BC57-D4937AF5CC0E} REMOVE=ALL" Invoke-Command -scriptblock {$command} Anyone have any ideas? This is case for Invoke-Expression Invoke-Expression "C:\scripts\SysInternals\psexec.EXE \\remotemachine MsiExec.exe /norestart /q/x{0EFC6259-3AD8-4CD2-BC57-D4937AF5CC0E} REMOVE=3DALL" On Feb 23, 8:46=A0pm, Jsimpson <jsimpson2...@hotmail.com> wrote: &...

icon editor
Hello NG, I want to use my owner drawn bitmaps (downsized from bigger images) as my programme icons (16*16,32*32,48*48 with 16,256,16Mio colors). The developer studio denies Copy-Paste my bitmap to my icon ("Paste" stays grayed). What am I doing wrong? How can I insert an external bitmap to my programme icon? Do you perhaps know a programme that manipulates the *.ico file, so that all icon images can be replaced by my bitmaps? Thanx for help in advance, Guido Franzke What version of VC++? I just tested this on VC++ .Net 2003 and it worked fine. AliR. "Guido Franzke&quo...

Creating HTML from an XML and XSLT

Workflow invoked from the System Note Entity
Hi, I have a custom attribute in the Opportunity entity called "Last Note Created". I have a workflow on the system entity "Note" that updates the attribute above in the parent Opportunity of the note. (This is referenced as "Regarding (Opportunity)" when selecting from the available records to update in the Workflow screen). This workflow sits at awaiting and when I looked at the details of the workflow instance the following error is returned: "A record required by this workflow job could not be found" Any ideas?? Thanks, I just got the s...

XML deserializer
(Type your message here) -------------------------------- From: Rohit All, I have an xml that does not have any namespace associated with= any of the nodes but the element in the corresponding class= which has been generated using XSDObjectGen=2Eexe has= namespaces=2ESo after deserializing the XML to the class object,= my class object does not have any items in it=2E ----------------------- Posted by a user from =2ENET 247 (http://www=2Edotnet247=2Ecom/) <Id>sknZU2tYjEuSn48n2yL3ig=3D=3D</Id> ...

XML to Excel XLS conversion
I have seen this question asked before on many newsgroups and websites but no one was able to answer this. The group I am working in is nearly finished a new reporting process that outputs all our groups reporting into excel files on a LAN drive. We are using SAS for report generation and would like to take advantage of the extra features in the ExcelXP tagset. For non SAS folks, it allows us to create spreadsheets in Excel XML format. The problem is the size of the output files compared to a binary xls file. They are just way too big. Some reach about 100 Mbytes in size. The only soluti...

Unable to invoke Add-in
Hi, I am new to RMS. I am testing to invoke an add-in and have done the following steps listed in RMS1.3 customization guide. To add an add-in to the registry: 1-Ensure that the add-in is registered on the local computer. (although i have developed the add-in on the same mechine where RMS is installed and PSO is runing, yet i registered the dll using regasm.exe shipped with .net framework 2.0 . 2-Increment the value of the Count entry of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftRetail Management SystemStore OperationsHooks subkey by one. 3-Edit the values of the HKEY_LOCAL_M...

XML Node sort in powershell
Hi, I am trying to sort the xml node based on a parameter. I need to sort the CPR nodes below based on ChangeLevel value ( i.e., 32, 23, 53, 33, 22, 99) How to do it in powershell. ------------------------------------ XML File ------------------------------------ <ClientInfo> <Product> <Client Value="11.2.030" ClientBuild="1" /> <HFDescription Description="Test File" /> <CPRInfo description="Information of indivisual CPRs" > <CPR Value="Jinny" Port="test:9999" ...

how do i set up my ms outlook as my email editor
How does outlook work? Is it used as an email editor? How can I recieve and send emails with outlook? Take a look here.. http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows Shell/User "Ike" <Ike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54CA4E1E-0DAB-49B0-AE40-6B9AC31465EF@microsoft.com... > How does outlook work? Is it used as an email editor? How can I recieve > and > send emails with outlook? Thank you very much, Mike. I will get back to you if I encounter any problem. "Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User&...

Receipt Template XML Coding
I want to set a receipt template to print twice every time. I know i need to set the ReceiptCount variable in the template to '2'. however, does anybody know how or if I could modify the template to print the second page differently? is there a <Condition> statement i can use? Example of what i am looking for... <IF><CONDITION> Receipt Number = 2 </CONDITION> <THEN><CALL> "DrawDuplicate" </CALL></THEN> </IF> so in english, if it is printing receipt count #2, then print duplicate on it. -- Regards, Andy Miller Direct ...

Help streaming XML instead of dataset
I am confused about all the various methods of handling XML in ASP.Net 2.0. I want to be able to stream XML to some clientside Javascript code (snippet below): var urlRequest = "../GetLendersAsXML.aspx" var request = GXmlHttp.create(); request.open("GET", urlRequest, true); request.onreadystatechange = function() { if (request.readyState == 4) { var xmlDoc = request.responseXML; I have all the Javascript code I need but I need to have the page above return XML. Using SQL 2005 I have created an HTTP endpoint and exposed a stored procedure as ...

xml selectnodes
i want to get childs of specific xml node. normally i use xmlNodeList fooList = myNode.SelectNodes("foo"); but in compactframework , there is no selectNodes() method or selectSingleNode() method. what else can i use instead? "e-mid" <someone@somewhere> wrote in message news:OPyGdWpYEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > i want to get childs of specific xml node. normally i use > > xmlNodeList fooList = myNode.SelectNodes("foo"); The luxury of the desktop! (to get child nodes, SelectNodes() is overkill.) > but in compactframework , there is n...