how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?

how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?
this windows service  is about 4 years old and im pretty sure is using .net
1.x runtime. Is there soem setting in the installer that says to use .net
2.0 instead of .net 1.0? this windows service is developed in visual studio

Hi. As far as I know, the exe-files compiled to .net 1.x will always be tied
to that 1.x runtime.
Making the service run in 2.0 can be done, but why would you want to?
One way to do it would be to make a new service that depends on the former
exe-file and just simply uses the methods and such in that file as a wrapper
to force the 2.0 runtime to host it.

Another way could be to configure the exe to run in .net 2.0 though a
..config file.
I believe there's a <runtime> element which can be used to set this.

'Hans Olav.

"Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> how to force a .net application to use .net 2.0 ?
> this windows service  is about 4 years old and im pretty sure is using
> .net 1.x runtime. Is there soem setting in the installer that says to use
> .net 2.0 instead of .net 1.0? this windows service is developed in visual
> studio 2002

Update CRM Data using vb.net
Hi, I am new to CRM. I am trying to retrive and update information into CRM using my VB.Net application. I am able to retrieve information from CRM. But i am not able to update. Can any one tell me how to update contact information using VB.Net. If any sample program it will help me to create some applications. Thanks in advance. Phani Check out the Microsoft CRM examples on msdn.microsoft.com - a number of these show updfating data "Phani" <phanimadhavsv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ow5xjhnWDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am new to CRM. I am...

Is it possible to read directly bytes from within my application?
Hello, I came across the following problem. After compiling my app into executable I want to insert into it some data (few bytes), probably at the end of the file. How can I programmatically read those bytes from within the same code? Your help appreciated, Claire On 21/05/2010 03:45, Claire wrote: > Hello, > I came across the following problem. > After compiling my app into executable I want to insert into it some data > (few bytes), probably at the end of the file. > How can I programmatically read those bytes from within the same co...

How to print label by using Report Writer?
Hi; Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer? I want to print some product registration card with serial number on it. I want to print 6 to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number printed on each card. Something like the address lable. Can it be done in Report Writer? Kane You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size the body section to be the height of one label. Use the Page Header and Page Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of the page. It will take a little trial and e...

CRM 1.2 Spanish -> CRM 3.0 English HOWTO ??
Hi, I have MSCRM 1.2 in spanish. I want to upgrade to 3.0 in english. I already un-installed the 1.2 in spanish and installed on english so it allows the upgrade. But on the checklist pre-installation when checking the database, it complains about the language of the product even if the binaries installed are from the 1.2 english. I need a way to change the language and install 3.0 in english. Thanks Gabrie Don't think there is a "supported" path, but check the OrganizationBase table. I know there is a lanuage code stored in there. Try changing it to 1033 and see what happ...

MSN Bill Pay -- why use it?
For the first time since installing Money 2004 about six weeks ago, I was prompted to view a web-based "demo" of MSN Bill Pay. I went through the entire demo, but it's still not clear to me what it is, how it differs from Money itself, and why I'd want to use it. I've been using electronic payments in Money for a number of years; my bank does not charge me to use this feature. Why would I want to use MSN Bill Pay? Why use ANY bill pay service? I've used automatic payment for almost everything for 20 years now with no problems. Electric+, phones, mortgage, car pay...

Sumif Function #2
Here is my formula: =IF(E2<>E1,(SUMIF($E$2:$E$1000,E2,$BU$2:$BU$1000)+SUMIF ($E$2:$E$1000,E2,$CD$2:$CD$1000)+SUMIF ($E$2:$E$1000,E2,$DA$2:$DA$1000)),0) Is there any way to have add a second criteria for the sumif to function with? Thanks for the help this is gonna work great. >-----Original Message----- >Josh, > >This seems to work. > >First change your formula to >=IF(E2<>E1,SUMPRODUCT(($E$2:$E$1000=E2)*(($BU$2:$BU$1000)+ ($CD$2:$CD$1000)+( >$DA$2:$DA$1000))),0) >make sure everything is still okay at this point. > >Then add second condition >...

Outlook express 6.0
Got message "do you want to compact files". I hit yes, it started, then froze. File folder's are still intact, but most emails are no longer saved. Any idea how to retrieve? The two most common reasons for what you describe is disruption of the compacting process, (never touch anything until it's finished), or bloated folders. More on that below. Why does OE insist on compacting folders when I close it?: http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#compact Why Mail Disappears: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone About File Corruption: http://...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Possibility of use of the Microsoft CRM UI Controls in Customization
There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV customization later? they have not been exposed yet janet. also no word of any plans to do so "Janet" <jzou@menlogroup.com> wrote in message news:08d701c361ff$84c73b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is > microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV > customization later? ...

Permanent Failure: Other address status #2
Howdy, I have a customer whose customers are receiving the following email randomly... > The following addresses had delivery problems: > > <user@domain.com> > Permanent Failure: Other address status > Delivery last attempted at Mon, 12 Mar 2007 19:42:42 -0000 My customer server is SBS 2003 Standard, latest Service Packs. How do I troubleshoot this? There is nothing the App/Sys logs near this time line. I have Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server installed as well and that doesnt have any log entries either. Also this response isnt a symantec respo...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Problems in Client/Server Implementation of an MFC application
Dear All, I am doing a project , which is an MFC application (MDI) .. Now its a standalone application with MS Access as the "Back end". I have used ADO to made the connection. Now I want to make this application to work for several clients at the same time . I also want this application to communicate with 3 different types of Database . 1) MySQL 2) MS SQL Server 3) Oracle My application should connect with any of the above DB , without making any problem.. Can I make a general implementation by using ADO ? What ...

VC++ .NET 2003
Hello, Does VC++ .NET 2003 have a class Wizard or a similar tool? I heard that VC++ 2003 .NET has something called "handlers" what are they? In short, I know nothing about VC++ .NET 2003, is there a website where I can learn about its functionalities? And, what would be the best IDE to write an FTP application for the internet: VC++ 6 or VC++ .NET 2003? Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Victor. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F02FE36-B9B1-45AE-9760-49AD922D9D0D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > &g...

why? form couldn't refresh when using split form
Dear I got a problem with split form. I am not sure if it's a bug of access 2007. I added a label in my form named "lblFEType" and a section of code like this: Private Sub Form_Current() lblFEType.Caption = IIf(isHandler(Me![PayerNo]), "Import", "Export") End Sub It totally work when I use "Record Navigator Botton"(I am sure if it's the correct call in English version). But it wouldn't work when I jump the record by clicking the datasheet part of the split form. The bindedfield works fine and the data will show correctly, but the label co...

What can we use as an equivalent to "Sleep()" in vb?
I searched through the archives and there were a few messages discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2 searches). Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"? Thanks. :oD On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:54:53 -0500, StargateFan <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote: >I searched through the archives and there were a few messages >discussing this but no actual syntax could be found (at least during 2 >searches). > >Is there any vb equivalent to "Sleep()"? > >Thanks. :oD Oops, sorry. Accidentally posted to wr...

Use Contact List in To: Field
Simple question (but I cannot locate a menu item that gives it to me) ... in Outlook, how do I select an option whereby as I type a name in the To: field of a message the system shows me the entries in my contact list that match? Thanks. Assuming you have OL2003, there are two separate features that nearly do what you want: Auto completion: Go to Tools>Options>E-mail Options>advanced e-mail options, and check "Suggest names while completing to, cc and bcc fields". That will suggest recently used names as you type (NOT all names from your contacts list). To accep...

Setting font properties using function
I want to be able to set the properties of a cell font using a function. I have tried the below but it errors in the function with Error Number: 91 Error Description: Object variable or With block variable not set Anyone not on holiday out there who can help me please! happy new year Rod ------------------------ 'Calling code xlSht.Cells(1, 1).Font = NameFormatType1(255) Private Function NameFormatType1(NmCol As Long) As Excel.Font NameFormatType1.Color = RGB(NmCol, 0, 0) NameFormatType1.Bold = True End Function Try these changes Sub...

Bitmap button question #2
I'm trying to create a bitmap button. Here's what I've done: 1. Added a CStatic control to my dialog. 2. Set it's ID to IDC_BMPBUTTON 3. In the classwizzard, member varialbes tab, created a member variable m_Button, of type CBitmapButton (I had to manually change this from CStatic). 4. In the OnInitDialog(), I've added: m_BitmapButton.LoadBitmaps(IDB_BITMAP1, IDB_BITMAP2, IDB_BITMAP3, IDB_BITMAP4); m_BitmapButton.SizeToContent(); m_BitmapButton.ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); When I run my dialog, the bitmap appears grey. And which ...

Your network settings have been changed by another application.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I work in an office, and we have an associate computer where my employer and I send documents that we want to share. (There are only two of us in the office.) Normally there is a Network icon on my Dock, and I click on it when I want to connect to the Associate computer. Recently I saw that the Network icon was missing. The only thing I know about computers is how to use them when everything is working properly, so I opened System Preferences, and clicked on the Network icon. As soon as Network opened this message popped up: Your network ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

WWW.AGOTE.NET
GO TO MY SITE : http://www.agote.net ...

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

Jscript to hide fields #2
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the pa...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

How to supress Access messages and using own messages
Good afternoon, Would someone tell me how to supressed message from Access but give a message of my own words. I know there is a setting in Tools --> Options --> tab Edit/Find, there is a section which headed Confirm. I know I would unticked those boxes which will not give me the message. But this is only partial of what I want, I want to give a more meaningful message to users and not the default message from Acess. Anyway this would be done ? Many thanks in advance. Smiley Hi Dave, Thank you for the info. I still would like to know how would I find out which message poppe...