how to determine schemas for validation

I am trying to validate document parts of Office 2007 documents. The method
I have tried using is to sort through each XML file to see which namespaces are
used, load the corresponding schemas for those namespaces, then try to validate
the document against that schema set. When it gets to more complicated documents,
for example a Word document utilizing many features, several open office XML schemas
might be used. When I try to load them all into a XmlSchemaSet, it won't compile
because certain elements will have been declared more than once.

For example, if I load the following schemas (all from the same version of the OOXML spec)
  wml.xsd
  shared-customXmlSchemaProperties.xsd
  shared-math.xsd
  dml-wordprocessingDrawing.xsd
  dml-graphicalObject.xsd
  dml-documentProperties.xsd
  shared-relationshipReference.xsd

  vml-wordprocessingDrawing.xsd

  vml-main.xsd
  vml-officeDrawing.xsd
  vml-spreadsheetDrawing.xsd
  vml-presentationDrawing.xsd

I get an XmlSchemaException on Compile:
The identity constraint
'http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/officeDocument/2006/math:uniqueContentAnchorIdsInsideMath'
has already been declared.

This happens even if I sort through the schema set and remove any duplicates that get loaded by import directives.

I have a feeling I am going about this the wrong way. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks for your help.

Cheers

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Determine columns used
I have 100+ spreadsheets which i have to edit into a certain format. The spreadsheets currently have 100 columns (from 1-100). From there i have to reduce the number of columns set to 8 columns. E.g: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 (from column 9 onwards, it goes to the 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 next rows' column 1) 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 How do i do that without altering the order of the value of the cell? Let me make sure we understand the question. You have ...

Help needed with Data Validation.
I have a workbook that contains a Template sheet and several copies of it, N01 - N0X. I need to control what can be entered in certain cells in N01 - N0X, so need to use Data > Validation > List. I also want users to be able to enter their own free form text in some cells, so have to use named ranges, and include a blank cell within the range. I have a separate sheet 'Validation' so as to be able to only have to update this one sheet and have the changes reflected in the drop down options in the template and all copies. I have played around with this and am now co...

Dynamically determining when a month ends
Hello all, Ok, I have a simple excel spreadsheet, where I keep track of my spending on one tab, my income in another and my summary in a thrid. My problem happens when I try to dynamically calc. avg's for months in the summary page. For instance, if I want to see how much money I spent on average per month, or even per day, I draw from the data entered into the spending page. Now, the spending page is set up with the following columns: Date:: Description:: Amount The problem with this is that I can't predefine a max row # for each month, since I might have 80 entries in spending...

Data Validation #45
The value in D8 is not a formula if I use <> (not equal to) in a data validation custom formula it does not work when I change the value but if I only use < or > it works why In other works if the formula is D8<1.5 and I change the value to 1 it error message apears but if the formula is D8<>1.5 no matter how I change the value no error apears Thankx In which cell are you using this data validation? Esrei wrote: > The value in D8 is not a formula if I use <> (not equal > to) in a data validation custom formula it does not work > when I change the va...

how to determine the size of the sheet
Hi I had a collegue who told me once a way to dtermine the number of the rows in a sheet of the workbook I am working at. It is known that when you open a new workbook each sheet has maybe 65365 or something like that rows. MY QUESTION IS: HOW TO MAKE THE SHEET 1000 ROWS OR WHATEVER NUMBERS OF ROWS I ONLY NEED? Thanks in Advance, Ahmed Hi Ahmed The number of rows and columns are fixed. Your workaround would be to hide the ones you consider unneeded. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ahmed SHEBL" <ahmad.shebl@hotmail.com> skrev i melding news:%231uFO3IcHHA.4720@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Validation #10
Is there a way to have a cell validate the following parameters: 1. Ignore blanks 2. Date greater than 1/1/07 3. "NR" value is acceptable So far I can only do 1 & 2 I selected my range and with A1 the activecell, I used: Allow: Custom Formula: =or(a1="NR",and(isnumber(a1),a1>date(2007,1,1))) It seemed to work ok. ADK wrote: > > Is there a way to have a cell validate the following parameters: > > 1. Ignore blanks > 2. Date greater than 1/1/07 > 3. "NR" value is acceptable > > So far I can only do 1 & 2 -- Dave Pete...

Schema update problems
After i run forestprep and domain prep, and installed exchange 2003 software. I can only see the exchange attributes in one domain controller. I'd let it replicate throught the night but there are no changes. Is there any way to force the replication of the schema or update every DC in the network. Thanks in advanced Leandro http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232072 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Leandro Amore" <Leandro.amore@prisma.cc> wrote in message news:%23E7GTdiFGHA.208@tk2m...

How do I determine
I have X number of rows that show employee names and a column (A2) that lists the value of products sold by each employee and I want to pay them a percentage based upon value of sales. For example: If they sell up to =A31,000 worth of products, I will pay them 3% of the value. Between =A31,000 & =A32,000, I will pay them 5% of the value Over =A32,000, I will pay them 10% of the value The amount paid to them in commission will be show in column (A3). Many thanks D.Haste darren.haste@ttt.co.uk "Hastey" <darrenhaste@sky.com> wrote in message news:6a0a4fa9-adcd-484a-80...

How do you determine if you have access to remote files
I'm trying to scan a list of servers for a specific file (say for example \\<servername>\C$\MyApp\Test.ini\which may exist on some servers but not on others. In addition, I may not have have access to all servers that I'm checking. When using any commands in Powershell (1.0) that attempt to get the file (such as Get-Item) PowerShell returns the same "Cannot find path '<filename>' because it does not exist.)" error message in the following two scenarions: 1. I have access to the remote filesystem and the file does not exist (expected beha...

Validation List not showing external source.
I have a external reference on a Data Validation but the list will not show up unless I have the external reference spreadsheet open. I can manually type in the exact selection and it works fine. Unless I have the refernced spread sheet open, I can not see the list options. Is there a fix for this or is this a limitation on Excel? Any work arounds? David, Did you find the answer? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

show XML schema and values

Determining A Rating
Hello, Suppose I have the following table: A B C 1 3 <3.80 2 3- 3.80 3.99 3 4+ 4.00 4.19 4 4 4.20 4.79 5 4- 4.80 4.99 6 5+ 5.00 5.19 7 5 5.20 5.79 8 5- 5.80 5.99 9 6+ 6.00 6.19 10 6 6.20 6.79 11 6- 6.80 6.99 12 7 7.50 7.99 13 8 8.50 8.99 14 15 4.91 16 4- Where A is a rating/score B is the low value range C is the high value range If I have a value in A15 of 4.91 (which is in the range of 4.80 and 4.99), I would like to return a rating in A16 of 4-. I've tried using a series of IF statements, ...

How do I determine the size of an excel worksheet?
How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel 2003 file? The Properties featue only tells me the size of the whole file. Hi not directly supported by Excel. One workaround: Export this sheet to a separate workbook (with only this sheet) and measure its size -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rajivsahib" <rajivsahib@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7031AE58-EB7A-44CD-9AF5-940BD47DAA8B@microsoft.com... > How do I determine the size of an individual worksheet in an Office Excel > 2003 file? The Properties featue o...

Validation Format
I have a "List" for a Validation field which includes "Done" and "N/ A". When I select "N/A" from the drop down box, the cell displays "N/a". "Done" displays "Done" I have tried just about everything, but I can't get the cell to properly display the "N/A" Value. Anyone have a suggestion as to what's wrong? I can't duplicate your problem. Can you describe *exactly* how you created the drop down list? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please...

Read attributes of elements from xml schema.
Is there any way through which attributes of elements along with their default value and possible values can be retrieved from the schema using C#. Any help will really be appreciated. I am able to get the attributes by first compiling the schema and then accessing elements. But there is another problem now. The schema file (File1) i am using includes another schema file(File2). The type of elements are defined in File2 and when i compile the schema of File1 it gives an error that the complex type used is not defined. So is there any thing that can be done to compile schema such that include...

List validation error
Hi on my excel file I have 2 sheets First Sheet (Sheet 1): User Enter Data , on thsi sheet I have a cell where the Validation is a liste, so on this Cell I have a comboBox where the user can choose data from a liste. This list is declared on the second sheet of my file. My problem now that I have 2 differents lists, and depending on what the user choose in a cell I have to choose the right liste Ex: I have a cell which contains liste of Female or male If user choose for A10: Female I have to display on D10 the list FemaleFirstName If user choose for A10: Male I have to display on...

Determine if a sheet is protected?
How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? thank u Try activesheet.protectcontents HTH Bob "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:h865n.9557$Ft3.8620@newsfe04.iad... > How can I determine if a sheet is protected or not? > > thank u > > Sub test() MsgBox ActiveSheet.ProtectionMode 'returns true or false End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:28:18 -0700, "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote: >How can I determine if a sheet is protected o...

Drop down boxes
Hi, I have been putting together a financial model that includes drop down boxes via the Data Validation facility in Excel. The problem I have is that I want to put the range of data for selection on a separate sheet but seems that it must be on the same worksheet as the drop down box. Is this right? Or am I missing something here. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Just use a na...

validating contact list
I once sent an email to someone that had an add on or some service for validating incoming emails. The first time you contact the recipient, the service autoresponded with a message asking you to validate and type the characters seen on the screen. The recipient also had the ability to check the address of the incoming mail and accept or reject the email once the sender jumped over the first barrier requiring the confirmation of the real email. Can anyone tell me how to add this functionality? I would like to use such a system for making email more private. This is a feature of cert...

Determining OS?
Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) that a program is running under? Thanks, -- Knute Johnson email s/nospam/knute/ Molon labe... >Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >that a program is running under? See the GetVersionEx API. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq David Lowndes wrote: >>Is there a method to determine the operating system (98, XP, ME, etc) >>that a program is running under? > > > See the GetVersionEx API. > > Dave Thanks. -- Knute Johnson email s/n...

Other field Determination
Imagine this situation...there are: Owners (tblOwners) Pets (tblPets, child records of tblOwners) Medicines (tblMeds, child records of tblPets) Owners can have multiple pets. Pets have multiple medicines. Easy so far. Here's the tricky part. The Pets can be of different species (cat, dog, bird, snake, etc). Depending on what the species is, I want to determine the other data that needs to be stored for the pet. So instead of just height, weight, age, as fields in the pet table, I want to see number of whiskers, declawed? if its a cat...wingspan, beaklength, feather color if its a bi...

multi validation?
Is there a way to have a cell validate the following parameters: 1. Ignore blanks 2. Date greater than 1/1/07 3. "NR" value is acceptable So far I can only do 1 & 2 Check your other post. ADK wrote: > > Is there a way to have a cell validate the following parameters: > > 1. Ignore blanks > 2. Date greater than 1/1/07 > 3. "NR" value is acceptable > > So far I can only do 1 & 2 -- Dave Peterson > Is there a way to have a cell validate the following parameters: > > 1. Ignore blanks > 2. Date greater than 1/1/07 > 3....

Determining a Date
I have a column which is title, Expected Completition Date. Therefore multiple dates can be used. For example, July 1, July 17, August 31, August, 9, September 16, August 2, July 31, in that order. So for this project to be completed, it would be on September 16. I want the total field at the bottom to display the latest date of completion. =MAX(range) -- Carlos "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0D47212-DCFE-4C47-84AB-708C4838E81E@microsoft.com... >I have a column which is title, Expected Completition Date. Therefore > multiple da...

How to determine Resources for a ServiceAppointment?
I am creating a custom view to list resources for each serviceappointment. Here is the basic query I have used that seems to produce the correct results: SELECT * FROM serviceappointment JOIN ActivityParty ON (ServiceAppointment.ActivityId = ActivityParty.ActivityId) AND (ActivityParty.PartyObjectTypeCode = 112) JOIN systemuser ON (ActivityParty.OwningUser = systemuser.systemuserid) WHERE (serviceappointment.StateCode <> 2) My question is why ObjectTypeCode = 112. Isn't that for Incident, not for ServiceAppointment? Can anyone clarify for me please? Thanks, Richard ...