How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?

"DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class
> library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special
> project type that I need to start with?

You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project" in
Visual Studio if you have the required version (not sure what that is
though).
The advantage of this project type is that you only get the assemblies
installed on SQL Server in the Add Reference dialogue and the deployment is
easy, just right-click the project to deploy to SQL. You also get the
special SQL Server code attributes when you add a class etc.

--

Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)

http://joe.fawcett.name

DR wrote:
> How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class
> library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special
> project type that I need to start with?

  No, it's just plain DLL. Note though that I can't reference anything
you want, because SQL Server only allows to reference "tested" .NET
assemblies (even from System namespace). Particularly your assembly
cannot reference System.Web.

--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCPD]
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog | http://www.XmlLab.Net

I can't type all the symbols
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wanted to type the letter e with a symbol indicating the long vowel sound. In the Symbols menu I find some vowels with symbols over them (but not the one I want), and other pronunciation symbols with no letter under them. One of them seems to be the long-vowel symbol. How can I type the symbol so that it appears over the letter? In article <59bb7ddc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, <andreajackson123@charter.net@officeformac.com> wrote: >I wanted to >type the letter e with a symbol indicating...

create a roster

SQL Server 2005 Rename Instance Name
Is it possible to rename SQL Server 2005 instance name without creating a new instance within SQL Server? Please help me with this issue. Joe K. Joe K. (JoeK@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Is it possible to rename SQL Server 2005 instance name without creating a > new instance within SQL Server? This looks promising: http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&source=hp&q=rename+instance+sql+server+2005&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&meta=&aq=0&oq=rename+instance+&fp=29d270bf3c638d82 -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links...

Copying a row and pasting the same below it with just formulas
Hi all, I have 3 buttons in the same worksheet to copy a row and insert the same below it. I have this macro running for 3 different places. See my code below. The problem is: 1) I want just the formulas/formatting to be pasted, and not the constants. 2) And more importantly, if I use Button 1, then a row is added below row 15 and the rows move down and so for Button 2, row 36 is different now as it has moved down, if you understand? How do I keep it fixed that it always copies row 36 even if a row is added above and the rows move down. Same for Button 3. Private Sub Comm...

Restoring Exchange server on a different computer / hardware
I am having a major headache trying to get exhange server online on a diffrent computer / hardware. I follow this microsoft advice http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822945&product=exch2003 The problem I ran into was that it will not mount the information storage group. The article states that I must Restore the Site Replication Service (SRS) database from the Exchange 2003 server backup. Now I am perplex, as I do not know what that is exactly. I thought, that all I had to do was restore the backup of the information store. How do I backup (SRS) and then restore it? i...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Task Create - Status

How Enter Special Character With Dots Over It?
Hello. I need to enter special characters with dots over them. I know this can be done with vowels and the letter 'y' by keying Shift-Control and then the letter. But I need to do it over *consonants* - at least capital B and V and maybe so others. If beggars can be choosers, I would very much prefer three dots instead of just two. Any ideas? Thanks! On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:15:01 -0800, Peyton Todd <Peyton Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello. I need to enter special characters with dots over them. I know this >can be done with vowels and the l...

SMTPSVC Event Id 402
We seem to get hit often with a rash of Event ID 402 messages -- which have a description of: Virtual Server 1: xx.xx.xx.xx (ip address) Maximum number of connections has been reached. Connection being closed. I've checked to ensure that we are not an open relay -- I checked both the SMTP Virtual server settings and the Internet Mail Service settings and have monitored the queues often. I don't believe we are allowing relaying. I have Exchange Server 2000 SP3 with SP3 hot fix rollup installed, and also have the following other software on this system: CA's BrightStor Arc...

Money 2005 Premium problems
Running windows 2000 and the program has been crashing/freezing for a month now. I think it started after I added my wife's new 401k at Fidelity (netbenefits). I've restored multiple times, deleted the fidelity account, re-created it ad nauseum. Sometimes I get an error message, sometimes it opens and closes a minute later, and sometimes I get an error message. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this product. Anyone have something similar? Try removing the Investment Performance Module from your home page. See "Money 2005 Premium still locking up" post http://support...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

A question about dll
Hello! I have a MFC dll named test.dll that I can register by using regsvr32. This works fine. Now to my question if I copy this test.dll to test2.dll and register this by using regsvr32 this works but it will unregister the first one which was called test.dll. The problem is what can I do to keep test.dll in the register when I register test2.dll. //Tony refer following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207132 "Tony Johansson" <t.johansson@logica.com> wrote in message news:e3i5mPuTJHA.5200@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > I have a MFC dll named test.dll ...

when form created

"Class not registered" startup error
Beginning a week or so ago, when I start Excel 2000, I get Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F2F90-E877-11CE-9F68-00AA00574A4F} This occurs whether opening an existing file, a template, or "nothing". Two questions; what did I do to cause it, and how do I fix it. Aside, I got a significant spyware infection in the same timeframe, and killing it messed up lots of things ... this problem may have occurred along with that. TIA, George ...

ADO.NET Failed to load msxmlsql.dll
ADO.NET Failed to load msxmlsql.dll How to fix this error? System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Failed to load msxmlsql.dll. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() am i missing something that needs to be installed on sql server? is this a client side ado.net issue? Hi Daniel, The error you're getting here is echo'd back from the SQL Server 2005 instance you are trying to connect to - it's not a client side issue. The OpenXML ...

similiar upgrade question, on upgrades do contact info auto load, or
do you have to use pst files All data contained in a *.pst file Other than that yr Q is a little hard to follow. "bob" <bob@donotspam> wrote in message news:ex66JE1qEHA.372@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > do you have to use pst files > > ...

SQL help needed please
greetings gurus I am having trouble with the syntax of a query I'm trying to write. Here is the situation, simpified to its essence: C:/DB/A.mdb has tblNames with relevant fields CustID, CustName, CustEMail. C:/DB/B.mdb has the same table and fields. C:/DB/C.mdb also has the same table and fields. Many of the names appear in 2 or 3 of the databases, but most names appear in only one of the three databases. Here's what I am trying to do (so far without success)... I want the values of CustID, CustName, CustEMail that are in A.mdb UNION the values of CustID, Cus...

Creating a Brochure

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...