How to call another file in your xml document.

Greetings.

I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share.
Each user has different text requirements.
what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file
locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt)  and populate it
with the local contents and display it.

So for each user the content would be customized to his liking.

Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how.

Thank You

Hemang

0
v-hshah (1)

"Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how.

Well, I am a beginner, so what you are going to get is beginner advice:

Specify an entity in the doctype that refers to a local file on the user's
hard drive. So long as the user has this file, you can reference the file
when they activate your server-side XSL transform.

If the user does not have this file, there will probably be an error.

The Doormouse

doormouse (1)

database file size
Hello - We've had our exchange server up for about a month or so now and it runs great. I was doing some maitenance and I came across the issue of the 16gb limit for the .edb database file. My question is, what are some good techniques to keeping this file down, so I don't approach the 16gb threshold. I've already read about using the EseUtil to defrag the .edb file once a month to compact the size. Also, I'v leared to have users archive or delete items out of their mailbox. Are there any other useful techniques to keeping this file's size down. Another thin...

Recent Documents
How can I have it show my recent documents when I click Start? Sol S1L1Y1 wrote: > How can I have it show my recent documents when I click Start? In the Taskbar or Start menu properties, right click one or the other and select Properties and have a look at the different options. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307875 How To Display, Use, and Clear "My Recent Documents" on the Start Menu in Windows XP John ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

How to add a file types in the Exchange 2003 blocking list
Enviroment: SBS 2003 or How to disable attachment blocking from Exchange 2003 "Ted Li" wrote: > Enviroment: SBS 2003 ...

Saving Files
I am trying to write something that will open a series of files in a folder, identify a certain cell reference, and then resave the file in a different location with the cell reference as a file name. Ex: It opens fileA from the source folder, sees that the reference cell is 001, then saves it in the destination folder as 001.xls. It then opens fileB, sees the reference of AA3, and saves it as AA3.xls. Here is what I have written so far. I have 0 experience with VBA but I am trying to learn by looking at examples online. Something is wrong here: Sub SaveFiles() Dim mybook As Workbo...

converting new pub files to pub 2000
I have received some files in a current pub format and my pub2000 will not open them. anyone out there in publisher cyberspace provide some assistance???? thanks How many files are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "denis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0fe601c5300a$47d1b8a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have received some files in a current pub format and my > pub2000 will not open them. > anyone out there in publisher cyberspace provide some > assistance???? > thanks > I have received 4 files fro...

Another application trying to access Address book!
Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the latest patches and service packs) a notification screen comes up and says that anther application is trying to access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or allow for various amounts of time. I have a current version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is there a way to find out what application is trying to access the address book. Do you have Word as the default email editor in Outlook? If so you ca...

How to forcely remove or overwrite an open excel file
Hi, We gather data form various excel files accross our network and combine them. However, we can't proceed if a user left a file open as it generates an error. We can't ignore such file so is there any way to get the file copied to a different location then close the original and replace it with a copy? Every time we try to do this we get Access denied error if the file is open. Your help would be highly appreciated. Peter Are you opening the other workbooks from code or manually in Excel? If you're opening them in VBA code, you can open them in Read Only mo...

Check for NON-presence of a string in another string
I am looking for a way to find out whether a certain string does NOT appear in another string. In that case FIND will give an error. I tried to bypass this by using NOT(ISERROR(...), but this doen't seem to work. I tried using NOT(ISERROR(FIND("10";$BG20;1)<>0 to check if "10" is prsent in BG20 in this formula : =IF(AND( condition 1; condition 2); IF( $BG$1="M"; $BG20; IF( AND($BG$1="K"; NOT(ISERROR(FIND("10";$BG20;1)))); $BG20; IF( AND($BG$1="J"...

aNOTHer troublesome equation
i dont know what i have too many of or not enough of in this equation but something is awr =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"cmt","divs","fund"},A9)),J9=""),"",=IF(B9=1,(J9=0,"Stock not rated",IF(J9<3,"Sell - low rating","")),)) thanks anyone Try this rectification. But you have to test whether it returns correctly based on your test values / expected returns =IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"cmt","divs","fund"},A9)),J9=""),"",IF(OR(B9=1,J9=0) ,"Stock not rated",IF(J9...

can i restore a file when asked to save i hit no, can you help?
I was working in word 2007 and when I closed out, it asked me to save can I retrieve that file? I had saved it several times while working on it. Assuming it wasn't a file you'd opened from an email attachment, then the last saved version should be exactly where you left it. But you can't retrieve the changes you made after the last time you saved it. (If it had been opened from an email attachment, then you were "saving" it to a temp folder, and it went away when you closed Word.) On Nov 28, 4:35=A0pm, Linda <Li...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

Import and Export files
I currently have Outlook 2002. I brought a new computer and installed the new edition of MS office and use outlook. I exporting a file from the new version, and want to import to my current work outlook 2002. Is there any way to do this, and Outlook 2002 will not reconize the newer version. Any Ideas or help, Thanks New version? which version? David "Gene" <gbarbato@eaglecondev.com> wrote in message news:40c301c3e421$38717840$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I currently have Outlook 2002. > > I brought a new computer and installed the new edition > of MS office and u...

If Info In Cell Then Formula In Another
Hello, I am trying to get a cell with date information in it to enable a formula of some other cells to happen, in other words when a date is not entered that particular cell is empty therefore the corresponding formula cells are not enabled. Here is a function that works but only when the referanced cell has either "Pending/Issued/Declined" =IF(E4="Issued",F4*H4,IF(E4="Declined",F4*0,IF(E4="Pending",0))). I would like this function to result correctly with a date entry in the referanced cell rather then wording. How can I do this? -- Thank y...

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Autocomplete File Editor for NK2 file
Whew, At first I started writing to each person with a problem about this utility that I found to open and edit the NK2 file. I didn't know there would be so many so I thought I'd post this. The utility is called Owtlook File Editor It can be found at www.dcs-imaging.com/products.htm Good luck ...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Hyperlink one Visio diagram to another Visio diagram (in Visio 200
I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to show a high level overview of processes. If someone wanted a more detailed view of a particular process they could click on the Visio Diagram. I know how to hyperlink to other file. My questions is there a way to get a thumb nail graphic of a Visio diagram so I can use it as a inserted graphic of the different Visio digrams? On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 18:16:01 -0800, JPK <JPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to hyperlink to many other Visio diagram within one diagram to >show a high level...

Remote read file
I need to read a file on remote machines so I can get information from it. The machines are in two domains. The following line : Set fileItems = objSWbemServices.ExecQuery("Select * FROM CIM_DataFile WHERE Path = '\\' &HostName &'\\Program Files\\ClientBin\\' AND Extension = 'INI'") With Option Explicit on I get the error 500 "Variable is undefined" from error trapping. With option Explicit off I get error 80041017 at the next line which is: for each objItem in fileItems I don't have a problem getting computer names,...

Another protect proble.
Hello, now I need protect macro (againts using Ctrl-Break) in Sub Auto_open(), but this dosnt work: With Application .EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled End With Can you help me. I'd like to protect all macros at once, is it possible? Thanks Tom Hi Tom Firstlu Auto_Open is old hat. It has been replaced with the Workbook_Open event found in the Privtate Module of the Workbook Object, "ThisWorkbook". Placing Application.EnableCancelKey = xlDisabled As the first line in the Workbook_Open event should prevent the use of Esc or Ctrl+Break. Keep in m...

Outlook 2000 file history
how do I clear out history for the other users mail boxs I have opened? The list is getting long and I need to clear it. I click on file, open, other users file then inbox or calendar. The linked item should help you to clear the Open Other User's Folder list: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#otherusers -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:052c01c3942d$60d755f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, ghalstead@cocokids.org wrote: > how do I...

How can I open files from a prev. version of Publisher in Pub 2000 #2
Is there a way to open files from an earlier version of Publisher in Publisher 2000? I have a file that I cannot access, that I believe was created in Publisher 97 or 98, that I need to access, but I get an error message that says it cannot be opened. You should be able to open it. Maybe it is a 2002 or 03 document. Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton Options Office Plug ins. If that doesn't work send the files to me and I will convert them for you. Remove "my" to reply. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news:...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

XML Document reference between asp.net pages
Hi all, I have just started working with XML documents. I have just built a form that creates an xml document and it sends it to biztalk where i get an xml document as a response. i read a node value from the xml document and depending on the result i open a new page. I was wondering what the best method is for referencing the response xml document created on the previous page??? i.e. should i save it or cache it or what ??? As i say im quite new to this so any help greatly appreciated. Regards CG ...

very slow to open excel file
hello, my computer in office is using WIN 98 SE, i found that it's too slow to open an excel file recently. please help thanks a lot Hi Alex! Most probable causes are: Too much accumulated junk in: C:\Windows\Temp File Shut down your computer and re-start. Then delete all contents of the C:\Windows\Tem file Alternative might be a bloated Excel.xlb file. Locate the Excel.xlb or Excel10.xlb file using Start > Search > For Files and Folders. The xlb file should not be above around 30kb and is usually much smaller. If it is bloated, there's not a lot that can be done w...

urgently:who coult tell me what files I must copy?
I write a program using vc6.0,in this program I use the controls: MSComm,MSChart,MSFlexGrid,MS ADO Data,MSDataGrid and so on,I build this program "Use MFC in a Shared DLL" and set "Win32Release",then I only copy the executable to another PC that it hasn't install vc, but it doesn't run.who coult tell me what files I must copy?thank you. I write a program using vc6.0,in this program I use the controls: MSComm,MSChart,MSFlexGrid,MS ADO Data,MSDataGrid and so on,I build this program "Use MFC in a Static Library" and set "Win32Release",then I only...