Government Applications One Focus of XML 2004

XML 2004 to Focus on Government XML Applications

Expanded Government Track to Highlight XML Applications in U.S. and Abroad;

XML.gov, KM.gov, CIO Council, and SICoP to Co-Host Event

Alexandria, Va. – Oct. 6, 2004 – IDEAlliance, a leading industry
association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology
standards, today announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature
a full track of presentations and topics focused on government-related XML
applications and solutions.  XML 2004 is slated for Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott
Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Mary Ann Malloy, lead information systems engineer with The MITRE Corporation,
will be giving a presentation titled “XML-Native Constraint Evaluation” on
Thursday., Nov. 18 at 9:45 a.m.

“XML is being used in a number of different applications within the federal
government,” says Malloy. “Our presentation focuses on the migration to XML
by the Department of Defense for its text-based messaging systems.”

Fergal Murray, vice president North America, Propylon, says that his
presentation, “E-Government Architecture in Ireland: The Service-Oriented
Approach of the Public Services Broker” (Wed., Nov. 17, 11:45 a.m.) reflects
the impact of XML on governments around the globe.

“XML, service oriented architectures and service oriented business
applications are impacting governments everywhere,” says Murray. “This case
study focuses on the Irish Public Services Broker, an e-government
interoperability architecture based on an asynchronous XML messaging hub.”

Other government presentation topics at XML 2004 include:

Inventive XML: Story of XML at the US Patent & Trademark Office
XML’s Impact on Process Efficiency and Legislative Document Management
Getting Standards to (actually) Emerge
How the US Federal Government is Using XML: One Year Later
The Federal CIO Council's Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice
(SICoP)
Quality of Service in Web Services Oriented Business Process
Handling 1200 Government Forms in XML Schema
e-Voting and XML: a Case Study of UK Government Local Election Pilots
Multi-domain Dissemination Using W3C XML Schema and XML-Signature
In addition to government participation on the program, several key
organizations that support the advancement of technology in government are
co-hosting the event this year. These include XML.gov, KM.gov, The CIO Council,
and SICoP.

XML 2004 will also focus on a full range of XML-related topics such as Web
services, e-commerce, content management and databases, publishing, transaction
management and an array of other technologies. For a complete list of
presentations, tracks and events, visit www.xmlconference.org.

For information on exhibiting at XML 2004, visit
www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/exhibits.html.

For information on sponsorship opportunities at XML 2004, visit
http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/sponsorship.html.

For general information and to register to attend XML 2004, visit
http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/registration.html. .

About IDEAlliance

IDEAlliance (International Digital Enterprise Alliance) is a not-for-profit
membership organization. Its mission is to advance user-driven, cross-industry
solutions for all publishing and content-related processes by developing
standards, fostering business alliances, and identifying best practices.
IDEAlliance has been a leader in information technology since 1966 (founded as
Graphic Communications Association) having fostered the development and
adoption of standards such as ADIS, GRACoL, ICE, JIFFI, Mail.dat, papiNet,
PRISM, PROSE XML, SPACE XML, SGML, and XML. Learn more about IDEAlliance at
www.idealliance.org.

0
marionell (14)

Server Error in '/' Application #3
I am in the process of implementing CRM 1.2 at my company. We are using both the web application and CRM for Outlook (SFO). Suddenly, some users (but not all!) are getting the following error message when trying to access CRM through Outlook (for example, when trying to open the CRM Accounts folder). Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening, and how to fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The path '/Application_GlobalResources' maps to a directory outside this application...

XML Editor & Items export
Hi, can anyone pls tell me of a good xml editor that is compatible with RMS. I want to edit or create receipts / reports and have a preview of what it looks like. Also, I have created several matrices and I want to change the item description for all of them. Is there anyway I can export this into excel and then re-import it back into RMS. Some of the earlier post referred to QS Import. Where do I get this? Can anyone email it to me? I do not have the log in username and password to the microsoft website. Here in Australia, the sale of RMS does not come with a log in detail. All upgrades or a...

Application Follow Hyperlink and MS Word Macro
I am opening an MS Word Document using Application.Followhyperlink. from an Access 2007 application. I have an AutoOpen macro in the document. (I mention this because the problem is solved by removing the AutoOpen Macro). The Word document opens as expected and runs the macro, however when I close the document and return to Access the Application.Follow hyperlink procedure runs again and the Word document is reopened. Closing the document the second time allows me to return to Access. Until I can resolve this, I am running the macro manually with a shortcut key. Any sugg...

Moving sub-folders from one parent folder to another
Is there a way to do this without having to drag the sub-folder to its new parent? (The Move commands seems to only apply to individual messages, or groups of messages.) The user's folder tree is very long, and she is sometimes unable to keep the button pressed while finding the drop point for the sub-folder being moved. Often this means things are dropped in the wrong place and this causes confusion for her. No. jfire7887 wrote: > Is there a way to do this without having to drag the sub-folder to its new > parent? (The Move commands seems to only apply to indivi...

Public folder on more than one server?
How can a public store be on more than one server (in terms of replicating public folder trees). I was reading in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's companion(Microsoft Press), chapter 2 pg 41, wherein it stated "You can replicate specific folders in the tree to every server in your company that has a public folder store associated with that public folder tree" the picture painted here kinda confused me. I thought you could only have one public store per server, and this made it seem like you could have a different public store on another server, but you cou...

Factors governing Inventory Cost Calculation at dealership
Homework? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Shankar Raman" <Shankar Raman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E05B70B8-4AC0-415D-82DE-CDFD450832BF@microsoft.com... > ...

Not working: multiple logins at one bank
This works fine for some other accounts but not this particular one. We have two logins at Chase for different credit cards. I went through the recommended process of choosing "Chase (his)" and "Chase (hers)" for the banks. The first one goes through fine and everything updates properly. For the second one, I answered the additional questions about having a different login. Then after entering the user ID and password, it says "Updating accounts" for a few seconds, then a pop up window says "You don't have any active online accounts with this ba...

Combining two excel sheets into one, where one sheet has multiple values?
I have two excel sheets Sheet 1, and Sheet 2 within one Excel document. Sheet 1 has columns Name of a Person, PersonIDnumber Sheet 2 has columns PersonIDnumber, Email address of that person Combining them into one sheet which has Name of Person, PersonIDNumber, Email address can be done using VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) The issue is Sheet 2 has multiple rows for the same PersonIDnumber meaning PersonIDnumber Email address of person 324 someone@yahoo.com 324 some_one@gmail.com 324 someone_76@hotmail.com Is there a way I can combine S...

XML to CSV and having problems
I'm new to XSLT, but everything I've read says this is the best approach to solving the XML->CSV problem. Based on some web reading, I came across the following XSLT code which appears valid, even if it doesn't work quite as expected. XSLT: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text"/> <xsl:template match="BlockTrade"> ID=<xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(Block_Trade_Id)&q...

read/write from application in wince 6.0
Hi i want to access base address in application for register read/write in user mode. Is it possible in WinCE 6.0? If yes, what API is used to access this address in User mode? Because in WinDDK, we used ZwMapViewOfSection function to access base address in application side. Thanks in Advance, D. Hi, Exposing direct access to the registers to application level software is pretty risky! What are these registers for? Really, the 'correct' design is to implement a device driver to abstract the functionality exposed by the registers to higher-level software via Ioct...

getting specific data from one page to another
Please help if you can. I have a page in excel with test scores and their teacher intials next to the student and scores. They are sorted by room number. However I need a new page that would create a new list based on the teacher initials. See below Student test score Teacher Joe B - 86 - JA1 Sue B 92 TB2 Bob B 78 JA1 I want to make a new list on another page that pulls all of JA1's kids and scores. I know I can sort on the original page- but I want to be able ...

Re_Activating Running Applications
I am currently working on an MFC application that allows users to run other applications by clicking on the buttons in a Dialog window. Once the application is activated the Dialog is closed. The user has access to running the menu again and running other applications. If the user tries to run an application that is currently running it should not start another process but bring the window of the application currently to the top. I have written a code that uses the EnumWindows to iterate through the active Windows, I would like to use the path of the exe file to determine if the appli...

Error 8213 in Application log
I get this message in the applog all the time: error 8213 Source: MSExhcangeFBPublish. It says: "system attendant service failed to create session for virual machine NN. The error number is 0xc103073a". Anyone? Thanx, Kim Hi, Kim. I've seen cases where restarting the RPC service did the trick. -- Have a great day! Graham, MCSE�+I, MCSA Microsoft Corporation Exchange Enterprise Messaging * Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. F...

government can help you
http://government-assistances.blogspot.com/ ...

One Nest Too Many
Hi all, I'm working on a spreadsheet and have hit upon a problem. Due to an extension in the range I am calculating my nested formula now exceeds the magical 7 limit. I only actually need to add on more range to calculate, but cannot work out what to do. The formula I'm using is below. I basically just need to do the same calculation for columns BT and BU: =IF('Resource Calcs'!B2="","",IF('Resource Calcs'!$BF2='Resource By Div'!$A$1,'Resource Calcs'!B2*'Resource Calcs'!$BG2,IF('Resource Calcs'!$BH2='Resource By...

Adding colour to a range of cells based on one of the cells v...
I wish to highlight all the data in a row in a particular colour depending on the value of one of the cells i.e. if cell c3 says 'confirmed' I would like all the entries in row 3 to be green, if it says 'released', then red, etc. So far I can change the word 'confirmed' in c3 to green, or to red for 'released', but can't work out how to change the rest of the row based on this value. Any help very welcome. select the cell(s) you want to be formatted In conditional formatting choose formula and enter =A3="confirmed" choose the color you wan...

Outlook 2002 Application Memory Error
Getting the following error when exiting Outlook 2002: The instruction at 0x74706b41 referenced memory at 0x74706b41. The memory could not be read. Memory looks ok. Any ideas!! Thanks. ...

Sign-in Problems-Money 2004!
Greetings! I didn't have this problem in Money 2002 but since I have installed Money 2004, consistently I can not sign in using Passport. Almost seems random: sometimes I can sign in fine, in all accounts; other times, no account will accept the login info, though it is correct. Anybody have any fresh revelation on what is going on? Also, what is the real advantage to using sign-in with Passport? I seem to be able to connect to my various banks websites fine and download any account info. Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions! God Bless! Rick www.EmbraceH...

serialization a Dialog Box Application
I have a mfc dialog box project. Is it possible to add sterilization like is usually down to a standard doc/view application? Thanks George George wrote: > I have a mfc dialog box project. Is it possible to add sterilization like is > usually down to a standard doc/view application? Serialization is not a Doc/View concept but a CObject based paradigm. Since all CDialog is also derived from CObject, you should be able to do it as well. Heres the relevant MSDN link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6bz744w8.aspx Codeguru/Codeproject have additional samples worth looking ...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Antivurs for ISA 2004
Hi there, This is an ISA question, but since it is used in my Exchange environment I will try to ask here: Do I need any specialized anti-virus for an ISA 2004 box that I will use to 'protect' my front-end Exchange servers ? It's not really a "need". It's a desire. If you want to, you could pick one of the players here: http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/contentsecurity.asp -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is th...

How To Convert Access 2003 Application To Access 2007 Version
This office is converting to Office 2007. I have been asked to convert a current Access 2003 Application scheduling volunteers into something compatible with Office 2007. I have been given a virtual machine with the application loaded. I do not have any idea how to look at the VBA I wrote, run diagnostics or step thru the code in Office 2007. Can anyone suggest a book or web site that covers this topic. I am slightly above beginner status, so it will have to be fairly basic and step-by-step. As an example, how do I stop execution at the Current Event for my main page. Some...

Lookup one table to another.
I have two tables; the first table is the one I want to gather information for, pulling from the second table. I want to lookup in table 2 the closest match without going over and gather the cost. Examples PCN CD15 w APM 1400 would equal 0.02376 PCN CD15 w APM 6000 would equal 0.025512 PCN CD20 w APM 6000 would equal 0.019239 Is this possible using a DLookup or DMin or DMax in an Access Query? Table One PCN APM CD15 1400 CD15 1500 CD15 6000 CD15 1200 CD20 1500 CD20 6000 Table Two Model Vol ServCost CD15 1000 0.02376 CD15 3000 0.02266 CD15 5000 0.025512 CD15 8000 0...

IIS Application Pools
I'm trying to create application pools in IIS, using the example from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms525598.aspx. The problem is that this example is based on Virtual Directories. When I try to create an application pool in C:\Inetput\wwwroot\scripts\myapp, the Invoke("AppCreate3", param) fails. Any ideas? Thanks! On 3/16/2010 3:03 PM, Gaspar wrote: > I'm trying to create application pools in IIS, using the example from > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms525598.aspx. > The problem is that this example is based on Virtual Direct...

How To Set Default Applications for Office 2008
Hi there, Just installed Office 2008 on my Mac. I still have Office 2004 installed as a precautionary measure. How do I tell Entourage 2008 to open PowerPoint 2008, etc. for viewing attachments? Also, if I am happy with Office 2008 how do I then safely remove Office 2004? Thank you! Lynn Hi Lynn, Go into the Finder and find a PowerPoint file. Select it and hit Command-I to bring up the Info window. Set the Open With to PPT 12, and click on the Change All button to make it the default. Repeat for any other programs (Office or otherwise). Entourage will pick it up from the system se...