Get attribute from Xml file

I'm looking to get noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute from the
following Xml file. Whats the most efficient way to do this using the
XmlDocument class in c#?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<IPDRDoc xmlns="http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="email.xsd"
docId="d0af6d45-00f8-5000-f930-01760a250156"
creationTime="2003-11-12T16:04:07.046Z"
IPDRRecorderInfo="IPDRDocTest"
version="3.1">
<IPDR xsi:type="IPDR-EMAIL-Type" >
<IPDRCreationTime>2003-11-12T16:04:07.281Z</IPDRCreationTime>
<seqNum>1</seqNum>
<serviceProviderID>TSSG12</serviceProviderID>
<subscriberId>Sean Hearne</subscriberId>
<userLoginName>shearne1978</userLoginName>
<userLoginLocation>192.156.12.14</userLoginLocation>
<providerName>TSSG</providerName>
<providerLocation>208.99.88.99</providerLocation>
<eventType>Storage</eventType>
</IPDR>
<IPDRDoc.End
count="1"
endTime="2003-11-12T16:04:07.281Z">
</IPDRDoc.End>
</IPDRDoc>
0
shearne (4)

Steve wrote:

> I'm looking to get noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute from the
> following Xml file. Whats the most efficient way to do this using the
> XmlDocument class in c#?
>

> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <IPDRDoc xmlns="http://www.ipdr.org/namespaces/ipdr"
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="email.xsd"

doc.DocumentElement.GetAttribute("noNamespaceSchemaLocation",
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance")

--
Oleg Tkachenko
XML Insider

0
Oleg

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

XML serialization , validating against multiple schemas
Hi My web service receives an object of type say MyObject. I want to serialize this object,and then validate the xml against the main xsd. When validation happens, it should also validate against the included schema. The main schema includes one more schema and the actual types are described in the included schema. eg., <xs:schema xmlns:t="http://myschemas/base" xmlns=""> <xs:import schemaLocation="base.xsd" /> <xs:element name="MyObject"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence minOccurs="0"> <xs:element name=&...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?
Hi. I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default. Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically? I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML Excel's files. Thanks in advance, Francesco. ...

PDF file #9

isv.config file rollback
I have an issue with the isv.config file. I customized it, adding a couple of buttons to the toolbar section under quote. Every now and again, the isv.config file reverts back to an older version of the file, which does not have my customizations. Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Is there some setting that I may have forgotten to set? The isv.config is just a file so it won't revert on it self. However if you import an xml customization file this may contain a blank isv.config. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer ...

Conditional linked files
Hi, I have two files (a master and a detail) in which I pull through a column from the detail to the master, using "=[Detail.xls]Sheet1!$A$2" However I would like to configure the spreadsheets so that only data which meets a condition is pulled in the master, in other words using pseudo code as follows. If [link] in detail.xls = yes then display in master. I realise that the condition statement will probably need to sit in the master file but have no idea how this is done or whether possible at all. Any ideas? Mark -- madiba --------------------------------------------------...

A Crystal Beginner

Same file exists when I run Optimizer
Dear Sir/Madam, While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is the same file, ...., in the destination.". But I could see for sure that there was No files in the destination. Could you let me know how to fix it? Thanks a lot in advance. KC "�̱�ö" <kclee@jcsworld.com> wrote: >While I was running the Optimizer to utilize free space I met a error >message during moving the files C:\exchsrvr\imcdata into >D:\exchsrver\imcdata " There is...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

My windows giveth xml and it taketh away! Include path!
I wrote a screensaver, via Visual Studio 2003 in C# and I decided a wiser choice for me was to use an xml file to save my configs. Btw: I wonder if this is why every bit of documentation I've found for saving configuration info in an xml file speak of only doing this for web programming in fact, I get the impression that they have been slipped a mickey that made them forget that there are programs out there that are not web based, but I digress ... I could have done a regular config files be just a regular text file, but I figured, I might as well do it with xml like everyone else ...

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Get paid while you get online!!

help reading xml doc

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Unzip Files
How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? You have to download the pkzip app, or an equivalent eg winzip, from one of the shareware sites http://www.winzip.com/ eg David "Rita" <coolbird46@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:388519F6-8A1F-4661-952A-6BBDB9E78E5B@microsoft.com... > How do I unzip files contained in an email using Windows Office 2000? ...

xml schemalocation
I'm trying to generate a schemalocation entry on my root node when using the xmlserializer.serialize method. I have been unable to achieve this. Is there a certain attribute I need to be applying to my root node class for that to appear? Any help is appreciated. Lance Johnson How about: public class Test { [XmlAttribute("schemalocation")] public string Location; } "Lance Johnson" <ljohnson@docs.com> wrote in message news:ud$OUCzsFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to generate a schemalocation entry on my root node when using the &...

Increasing the number of files as recent files
Hello When I open file menu, I get the last 4 files I have previously openned. Is there a way to increase the number of recent files I have openned before? Thanks in advance. Hamed... Hi Hamed, You can go up to 9 entries in Excel 2000. Tools, Options, General, [x] recently used files list: -- 9 -- entries. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Hamed" <hamedarab@hotmail.com> wrote ... > When I op...