FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS - www.DotNetGuide.net

Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net
tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff.

0
alexbent (2)

Net Send #2
Hello, I have created a userform in excel that allows a user to send a "Net Send" message to other users on the network. To allow multi-sending I have created a loop statment that repeat's the command the appropriate number of times depending on the user group select. This work's fine but is fairly untidy as it results in numerous CMD boxes appearing on the task bar while it loops. To resolve this I would like re-program to userform to create a batch to send the message to the users, how can i do this as I have little to no experience with batch files Thanks Thi...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

ASP.net printing
so far i have designed some pages for data input, such leave application, acquistion request. now i wish to have print copies for signature. is it possible that when a user enter a record, then 1. there will be print copies from the network printer 2. a copy from tray 1, another copy from tray 2 of printer. 3. prefer not to print by word, not require Server logon 4. light-weighted design & stable grateful for any ideas & samples thanks a lot. tony "Tony WONG" <x34@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:eCtEIVShKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gb...

Changing window size/location for child process w/.Net
I'd like to start a process and then change the window location and size at various times during its life in a .Net (sans user32.dll). I can get the window handle easy enough but I don't know what to do next to replace the GetWindowRect and MoveWindow DllImports. mediaPlayer.FileName = "mplayer"; mediaPlayer.Start(); mediaPlayer.WaitForInputIdle(); IntPtr hWin = mediaPlayer.MainWindowHandle; GetWindowRect(hWin, out rect); // <- what is ..Net equivalent? MoveWindow(hWin, left, top, width, height, true); // <- what is...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Code does not work : CRichEditCtrl
Hi, the following code is not working.. CHARFORMAT cf; cf.crTextColor=RGB(0,0,255); COLORREF ref=RGB(0,0,255); cf.dwMask=CFM_COLOR; cf.dwMask= CFM_UNDERLINE|CFM_COLOR; richRecvBox.SetSel(1,100); richRecvBox.SetSelectionCharFormat(cf); Help me ! there is no change of color, only underline works, whats the issue here ? Dwaach Hello Not sure whats wrong (Perhaps not setting cbSize?), however this is a snippet of code that works for me (View is rich edit)... CHARFORMAT2 cf; View.SetSel(1,20); View.GetSelectionCharFormat(cf); cf.cbSize = sizeof(CHARFORMAT2); cf.dwMask = C...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

vb.net and winsock
I am converting some apps from vb6 to vb.net and I need to implement the functionality of a winsock. I am finding out that .Net does not support a classic winsock control, but now expects you to use the Sockets class and code a lot of the functionality yourself ? Question: 1.) Most of the posts I haved visited talk about the lack of a winsock and work-arounds are dated about '02 - '05, In the mean time has Microsoft come out winsock control for .Net ? 2.) I found two examples of Winsock controls written in vb.net and can simply be added to you solution: a.) http://w...

Set table name dynamically for CR 11 in VB.Net 2003
I posted this question earlier today. It showed up but has disappeared now. I have the following code in VB.Net 2003 for CR XI; I would like to set the table name for the report in VB.Net code. All tables would have the exact same structure. With crConnectionInfo .ServerName = MyServer .DatabaseName = MyDatabase .UserID = MyID .Password = MyPWD End With Dim MyTable As String if s=1 then MyTable = TableA else MyTable = TableB end if CrTables = sReportName.Database.Tables For Each CrTable I...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Add'l GP 10 instance installation
I'm trying to set up a second instance of GP 10. While running the installer I get this error ".NET Framework 2.0 not detected" and the installation fails. I do have .NET Framework 2.0 installed, as well as 3.0 and 3.5. What's the easiest workaround for this? Elaine, I think you are trying to install GP10.0, version prior to FP1. The reason why you are getting this error is because you have .net framework higher than 2.0. To resolve your issue, you need to follow the procedures listed in KB Article 947538 that you'll find in Customersource/Partnersource. OR Yo...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...

Question about throttling the number of webservice calls from a .NET website
Hi, I'm currently designing a website which will be showing some course results to students at the end of their course. One of the options we want to give them is the ability to download a PDF version of their "result letter" (rather than posting it out to them, so saving money). The PDF will be generated on request for those students who want it by calling a webservice residing on another server, this will probably take a few seconds to execute (the data will have to be retrieved from the database, suitably formatted and some PDF template stuff executed...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Free Manual
Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for my specific query cheers Download Excel VBA Language Reference from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&displaylang=en -- Jacob "rraw75" wrote: > Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for ...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...

Asp.Net and XML
Hi, I'm writing an application that use an Asp.Net Application to send/recive data from a database (MS SQL Server). To send/recive data i use XML. From ASP to the other application all work fine. But when I try to send XML data as a parameter from the other application to the Asp.Net application I get an exception. Asp.Net dosen't acept charters like "<" or ">" with same text inside: "<text>". Dose anyone know how i can send XML code like parameter to ASP? Thaks Alexander "Alexander" <alexander2006@gmail.com&...

sorting zip codes
I need help!!!!! I have 3000 addresses I need to sort by zip code...only the zips include both 5-digit and 9- digit. If I do a simple numeric sort then all the 5- digit codes are listed first followed by the 9-digit (which leaves 98702 sorted before 10786-5424, for example). What do I do? (Please provide very clear instructions if you have a suggestion...I am not a regular user of Excel...) Thanks! Hi Heather! Add 2 helper columns First copy the complete set of codes from A to B Now select B Data > Text to Columns Delimited Next Select the - as a delimiter Next Finish Now Selec...

Error code 2293 using windows live email
Hi I have recently installed windows live email and have Windows 7. I have a Access 2003 database of club members. I can no longer email members by clicking on a button. The button runs the following code: Private Sub btnEMail_Click() Dim vMessage As String On Error GoTo ErrorCode vMessage = Nz(DLookup("EMailSubject", "tblPersonal")) DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , EMail, , , vMessage, , True AddHistoryRecord MembersNo, "E-Mail Sent :- (" & vMessage & ")" 'add histo...

Free\Busy Time Setting
Hi I have set up a number of Rooms as Resources. When we Schedule a meeting, although the Resource is set up to Auto-Reply, the Meeting is booked in the Resource Diary, but does not Show up in a subsequent Meeting Schedule, as busy, for 15 minutes. I have set up the Resources to update every minute, but this does not seem to help. How do I change the Refresh on the Exchange Server. If I book another Meeting with the Resource, it adds the last meeting into the View Group Schedule list, but of course the Meeting I have just created waits another 15 minutes. Thanks Allan ...