for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net

for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly
rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.
Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net out dated?

Hi,

1. Does this seem to you to be the right Newsgroup to ask this question
? I would have suggested "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet".
2. Is there supposed to be a difference between the Message Subject and
the Message body ? Isn't the Message Subject supposed to be abbreviated
?
3. As for your question :
I strongly doubt if your VS.NET can be called "outdated", even if it is
VS 2002, using Framework version 1.0.3705.

I think you should be using SqlDataReader.GetString() and not
ToString(). As in rdr[0].GetString()

The problem is probably with the way you're calling your methods, or
with SQL Server database. Is the database located on a main server ?

Lots of questions for you !

Regards,

Cerebrus.

0
zorg007 (48)

How to format 243 as 1.5 years without changing data
I have a table of times that vary from seconds to years. I've been using a custom format to get times less than a day to display as h:mm:ss and times greater than a day to display as dd.d. Here's the custom format string: [<1]h:mm:ss;[<10]#,##0.0;#,##0 I would like to add a 4th section for times > 365 days that would format it as "00.0 years". But I do not want to change the data as I still need to do arithmetic on it. It is not convenient to put the results in a different cell. This is Excel 2007. You cannot have more than three sections in a cu...

remove reason code from description
I used custom button to calculate the price of an item and add to current transaction. Because this item is created in the database with original price set to 0, I have to set up a discount reason code for that. When I add the new transaction entry, I also created description string for that. Everything works fine except that the reason code will be automaticly added to my customized description string. The description looks like "... Discount Code: CF". Is there any way to get rid of this part from the description? The following is part of my code: 'Add new entry TranEntry = S...

Problems with Excel 2003 Help menu
I am trying to utilize the help in excel (it is actually the vb editor help) and when I look up topics, a lot of the links do not work. For example... I search for "loop" and it brings up a whole list of topics to look at, but only about half of them work. I want to look at the topic titled "Looping through code..." which I have looked at before on other computers but here it will not go anywhere. It is like the link is dead. I have tried "fixing and repairing" from the help menu but that didn't help. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone have any s...

Extracting data #5
Hi, all Need your help for the following: Have a excel database with 75 columns and about 1750 rows. How can I extract the contents of a full row, when a specific criteria is met on column 1? Any ideas? Tks in advance Hi you could use multiple VLOOKUP statements. e.g. something like =VLOOKUP(value,I1:X100,COLUMN(A:A),0) and copy this to the right "Antonio" wrote: > Hi, all > > Need your help for the following: > Have a excel database with 75 columns and about 1750 rows. > How can I extract the contents of a full row, when a specific criteria > is met on colum...

Cannot associate .doc files with Word 2007 on Windows 7
I have Word 2007. I double click a doc file and a dialog opens asking me which program to open it with. Word is not among the options. So I click "Always use the selected program ..."and then go into "Browse ..." find my Offce12 folder and the winword.exe file, select it, and ... nothing happens. Doc files continue to have no association. So I tried the built-in diagnostics on Word 2007, and it was ok. Then I tried "winword /r" to re-register Word 2007. It seemed to run to completion, but it made no difference. I cannot associate doc files with...

Print Preview Window Handling
Hi, I open a report from VBA code in a form. I use acViewPreview and open it as a dialog (window type is acDialog). In the report's OnOpen event, I maximize. The reason I want that is because I want a full screen preview, and I don't want any of the typical Access menubar or toolbars. So all this is working fine. Problem: If the user double-clicks the print preview's window title bar (at the very top of the screen), this causes a "window restore" action to be taken. But it's not reversible! I have controlbox=yes and closebutton=yes. I have minmaxbuttons=...

data labels to show value, label & percent
Does anyone know how to show data labels for percent, label AND th value all at once? I tried to use the concatenate formula, but i won't keep formats, such as a dollar amount containing dollar sign comma separators and correct decimal places. Thank -- niha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nihad's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3028 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50172 Hi, You need to format the values within the CONCATENATE function by using the TEXT function. As...

Excel 2003 Pivot Tables / Running Totals
Hello, I have a dataset of expenditures for a project consisting of a date and an amount. I want to produce a graph that shows spending per month, and a cumulative total across the project -- which extends for multiple years (3, to be exact). I created a Pivot Table, with the date in the "Row" and the amount in the "Data", and grouped by months and years. I then added a second "Data" field, and chose running total. My problem is, the running totals don't carry over and create a "Life to Date" running total; they start over at each new year...

Application for money
When I openned my Microsoft money 2002 a box appeared and it says " connot display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I reinstalled my microsoft money 2002 and the same thing happen. Please anybody help. my E-mail is limengbe@hotmail.com In microsoft.public.money, dodong wrote: >When I openned my Microsoft money 2002 a box appeared and it says " connot >display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted >before yo...

Open Relay on Exchange 2003
How do I disable open relay on exchange 2003, I do not have the check box checked in System manager for open relays as it is sated in the document on the Microsoft support site yet my server is still being used as an open relay. Can someone send me a step by step to disable and test after completed? Thanks Dave Dave, Look at the message I just posted "Exchange Open Relay help needed". Hope that helps. Jorden (Remove "nospam." to reply via email) Relaying is not allowed by default with Exchange 2003. You can use the first 7 steps of 823157 to test for open rela...

Can I Open Tasks Window Automagically?
I would like to have the tasks window open when outlook is opened but in a seperate window. Is this possible. I have outlook opening from startup but then have to open the task window manually. If I loosely translate this to where you want to see 2 Outlook windows at start (e.g. 1 to Inbox & 1 to tasks), then try this. * Start Outlook * Right click on Tasks folder and select Open in New Window * Now, close Outlook by selecting File > Exit (the "x" in the upper right is taboo, don't use it... ever) * Now if you start Outlook, you should get the two windows "...

windows server 2008
Hi All, Fresh installation on the server. I face problem with windows server 2008 were SQL server 2005 is installed. While SQL server had been configured it had thrown up a message 'This program as known compatipility issues' and it had asked me to check for the online update were it said "This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and this version of Visual Studio 2005. This program was created by Microsoft". It asked to install Visual studio 2005 SP1 and Visual studio 2005 SP1 update for windows vista. Before installing SQL ser...

importing hotmail address book to office 2003
Help!!! ...

Title bar in Doc/View application
I have an MFC application using the doc/view architecture. The default title bar shows "Untitled - My App Name. How/where would I change the code to use the title I want? Thank you for your help. "billyard" <dmetcalf@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:474a21c2$0$2328$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have an MFC application using the doc/view architecture. The default >title bar shows "Untitled - My App Name. How/where would I change the code >to use the title I want? Thank you for your help. Go to your Resource view and double click on String Table. ...

prevent outlook 2003 users from deleting
Is there a tool to prevent users in our exchange2003 outlook 2003 users from permanently deleting files? Thanks CR nope...none that I'm aware of...if you need to be sure you have a copy of everything, look into Journaling... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:%23NmxHI$QHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a tool to prevent users in our exchange2003 outlook 2003 users > from permanently deleting files? > > Thanks > > CR > On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:07:53 -0600, "MSNews" <Craig@nowhe...

Reading Flat Files in C++ and displaying results
Hi, I am not sure if this is the best group to ask this question. I am new to visual Studio 2005 C++ and am looking for some directions on where best to start. I come from a mainly Delphi background and looking to switch to VS 2005 C++ or C#. I am looking to write a test utility that would read several Flat Files and allow me to produce a table form with the results. I have been looking at reading the files into a DataTable and then displaying the required information into a DataGridView. IS this the simplest way to go, or should I consider taking a different route. Could someone pleas...

MB3-530 Integration Manager 10.0
I'm looking to take the exam, but I can't find any study materials for it (other than Brain Dump kind of stuff where they give you the answers - I want to pass it fair and square). Is there any official Microsoft stuff out there for it? You have lot of e-learning and Training materials available in Partnersource. You can try the same Good Luck -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads "jp@CBS" wrote: > I'm look...

Excel Error "Microsoft Excel cannot acess the file... There are many possible reasons"
I have a user who has read/write access to an network excel spreadsheet (unfortunately file level permissions are being used) but she is getting the above error. This error occurs no matter which workstation she is logged in to. Also, this error occurs when she accesses this file from the Web (it is a link on a intranet website) or by mapping to the server that hosts this file. Please Help! ...

Anyone had success with Agent Communications Panel for Microsoft C
I installed the Agent Communications Panel for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 but have had no success getting it to work. In fact all I see of it in CRM is in the "Settings". The documentation is very vague and not very helpful. ...

Money 2003 Poor report fonts
I have finally converted a money 99 database to 2003. Specifically in an income vs. spending report, the category title font is identical to the subcategorie font. This makes the report NOT user freindly. It displays with a bold font for the category, but does not print it bold. Money 99 handled this without a problem. Is there a way to make the reports look better? ...

creating stationery in outlook 2003
Hi everyone, Apologies if my question is sooo basic no-one needs to ask it anymore! I need to create some stationery that includes company logo and address details. I have good word skills but no web development...I've been into the Mail format dialog, Stationery picker, New command. This does not give me the options that i need, eg. specifying RGB for font colours, inserting lines etc. From my searching so far, I'm thinking I need to maybe build the page in Word and save the file in HTML format, then get it into the stationery folder?? Can anyone point me to a good "how-...

ESP error (chkesp.c) and WaitForSingleObject
Hi all, I hit this ESP error (chkesp.c) when call WaitForSingleObject after calling CreateThread function. - A structure member, myStructMember is passed as LPVOID* parameter for a new Thread function, MYThreadFunc(LPVOID* myStructMember) - WaitforSingleObject( myStructMember->myHANDLE, 5000); - Then hit the ESP error (chkesp.c) Any idea? Thank you First, you should not be calling CreateThread in an MFC program. You must use AfxBeginThread. Second, it means your thread function probably has the wrong prototype, whch you have then cast to avoid the compiler complaining about the error,...

OWA Loading.... Exchange 2003
I had several reports from my users not being able to access their mailbox through OWA. They actually authenticate but OWA gets stuck on "Loading" and their mailbox is never displayed. After troubleshooting, I found that at least in our case the problem was caused by Exchange patch released earlier this week: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888619 I uninstalled the patch and OWA is now working. Cheers. JP My company had the same problem with this hotfix (888619). We could authenticate to OWA, but the interface looked totally hosed. In our case, it is a brand new Excha...

position of edt1 control of CFileDialog incorrect on Windows 2003
I'm using V6.0 CFileDialog and constructiing and opening it using the following code. CFileDialog dlg(FALSE, _T("export.txt"), NULL, OFN_CREATEPROMPT | OFN_PATHMUSTEXIST, _T("All Files (*.*)|*.*||"), pWnd ); if ( dlg.DoModal() == IDOK ) { .... } When the dialog displays the edt1 control is not positioned next to the stc3 label but is positioned elsewhere dependent upon the position of the parent window. Has anyone else seen this and does anyone have a solution? ...

Faillure of Windows Backup of C: to other hard drive
For a long time computer freezups and unresponsive programs have prevented me from making backups. My Physical Hard Drives: 1) 500 GB RAID 0 hard drive contains C: 2) 250 GB hard drive contains N:. 3) 1 TB hard drive Here is what happened when I tried to make a backup of C: partition on drive 1 to N: on drive 2 using Windows Backup. The computer was running in safe mode with msconfig set to disable services and startups. IN THE EVENT VIEWER [APPLICATION] SECTION ============= = 1 Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None Event ID: 8018 Date: 11...