Finding the right entry

Hello Community,

it's again me with my next problem. As I mentioned, I'm pretty new in
programming and have no clue about all this different techniques. So I hope
you can help me.

What I wanna do is theoretically simple. Providing a phonenumber  to an URL
over the internet I get the complete phonebook entries (companyname, street,
city...).  The received data are packed in a atom-feed (that's a sort of
specific xml).  The following code shows how the call should work:

    Private Sub RetrieveWebEntries()
        Dim url As String
        Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
        Dim rssFeed As HttpWebRequest
        Dim element As XmlElement

        url = "http://tel.search.ch/api/?was=0319984589&key=mykey"

        rssFeed = WebRequest.Create(rssUrl)

        If rssFeed IsNot Nothing Then
            xmlDoc.Load(rssFeed.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())
        End If

        element = xmlDoc.GetElementById("tel:firstname")

        Return xmlDoc
    End Sub

If i have a look in the xmlDoc.outerXML this is what I get:

- <feed xml:lang="de" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:openSearch="http://a9.com/-/spec/opensearchrss/1.0/"
xmlns:tel="http://tel.search.ch/api/spec/result/1.0/">
  <id>http://tel.search.ch/api/8f527a80ea99ac0922a55242ad61f207/e200bbd80c50d55fcac271ca3194ff2c</id>
  <title type="text">tel.search.ch API Search Results</title>
  <generator version="1.0"
uri="http://tel.search.ch">tel.search.ch</generator>
  <updated>2010-01-19T03:00:00Z</updated>
  <link href="http://tel.search.ch/result.html?was=0319984589"
rel="alternate" type="text/html" />
  <link href="http://tel.search.ch/api/?was=0319984589&key=mykey"
type="application/atom+xml" rel="self" />
  <openSearch:totalResults>1</openSearch:totalResults>
  <openSearch:startIndex>1</openSearch:startIndex>
  <openSearch:itemsPerPage>10</openSearch:itemsPerPage>
  <openSearch:Query role="request" searchTerms="0319984589" startPage="1" />
  <openSearch:Image height="1" width="1"
type="image/gif">http://www.search.ch/audit/CP/tel/de/api</openSearch:Image>
- <entry>
  <id>urn:uuid:40ee9f656a59df9b</id>
  <updated>2010-01-19T03:00:00Z</updated>
  <published>2010-01-19T03:00:00Z</published>
  <title type="text">Microsoft Schweiz GmbH</title>
  <content type="text">Microsoft Schweiz GmbH Morgenstrasse 129 3000 Bern/BE
031 998 45 89</content>
- <author>
  <name>tel.search.ch</name>
  </author>
  <link
href="http://tel.search.ch/bern/morgenstrasse-129/microsoft-schweiz-gmbh"
title="Details" rel="alternate" type="text/html" />
  <link
href="http://tel.search.ch/vcard/MicrosoftSchweizGmbH.vcf?key=40ee9f656a59df9b"
type="text/x-vcard" title="VCard Download" rel="alternate" />
  <link href="http://tel.search.ch/edit/?id=40ee9f656a59df9b" rel="edit"
type="text/html" />
  <tel:pos>1</tel:pos>
  <tel:id>40ee9f656a59df9b</tel:id>
  <tel:type>Organisation</tel:type>
  <tel:name>Microsoft Schweiz GmbH</tel:name>
  <tel:occupation />
  <tel:street>Morgenstrasse</tel:street>
  <tel:streetno>129</tel:streetno>
  <tel:zip>3000</tel:zip>
  <tel:city>Bern</tel:city>
  <tel:canton>BE</tel:canton>
  <tel:category>Softwareentwicklung</tel:category>
  <tel:category>Computer & Peripherieger�te Grosshandel</tel:category>
  <tel:extra type="fax">+41319984589</tel:extra>
  </entry>
  </feed>

No i would like to exctract all the information who start with <tel: >
I tried first looping throug every childnode but nothing. Then I tried using
"element = xmlDoc.GetElementById("tel:firstname")"
Can it be as complicated? What am I doing wrong? How can I put this outerXML
(who's a string) in a XML?

Thanks in advance

Trudy

0
just.spam (2)

Trudy Momo wrote:

> What I wanna do is theoretically simple. Providing a phonenumber  to an
> URL over the internet I get the complete phonebook entries (companyname,
> street, city...).  The received data are packed in a atom-feed (that's a
> sort of specific xml).  The following code shows how the call should work:
>
>    Private Sub RetrieveWebEntries()
>        Dim url As String
>        Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
>        Dim rssFeed As HttpWebRequest
>        Dim element As XmlElement
>
>        url = "http://tel.search.ch/api/?was=0319984589&key=mykey"
>
>        rssFeed = WebRequest.Create(rssUrl)
>
>        If rssFeed IsNot Nothing Then
>            xmlDoc.Load(rssFeed.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())
>        End If

There is no need to mess with WebRequest and response and response
stream, it suffices to use
          xmlDoc.Load(url)

> No i would like to exctract all the information who start with <tel: >

You can use XPath to do that e.g.

         Dim nsMgr As New XmlNamespaceManager(xmlDoc.NameTable)
         nsMgr.AddNamespace("tel",
"http://tel.search.ch/api/spec/result/1.0/")

         For Each element As XmlElement In
xmlDoc.SelectNodes("descendant::tel:*", nsMgr)
             Console.WriteLine("Element named ""{0}"" has content
""{1}""", element.LocalName, element.InnerText)
         Next

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Martin, thank you a lot. You made my day =)

Have a nice day

Trudy

"Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Trudy Momo wrote:
>
>> What I wanna do is theoretically simple. Providing a phonenumber  to an
>> URL over the internet I get the complete phonebook entries (companyname,
>> street, city...).  The received data are packed in a atom-feed (that's a
>> sort of specific xml).  The following code shows how the call should
>> work:
>>
>>    Private Sub RetrieveWebEntries()
>>        Dim url As String
>>        Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument()
>>        Dim rssFeed As HttpWebRequest
>>        Dim element As XmlElement
>>
>>        url = "http://tel.search.ch/api/?was=0319984589&key=mykey"
>>
>>        rssFeed = WebRequest.Create(rssUrl)
>>
>>        If rssFeed IsNot Nothing Then
>>            xmlDoc.Load(rssFeed.GetResponse().GetResponseStream())
>>        End If
>
> There is no need to mess with WebRequest and response and response stream,
> it suffices to use
>          xmlDoc.Load(url)
>
>> No i would like to exctract all the information who start with <tel: >
>
> You can use XPath to do that e.g.
>
>         Dim nsMgr As New XmlNamespaceManager(xmlDoc.NameTable)
>         nsMgr.AddNamespace("tel",
> "http://tel.search.ch/api/spec/result/1.0/")
>
>         For Each element As XmlElement In
> xmlDoc.SelectNodes("descendant::tel:*", nsMgr)
>             Console.WriteLine("Element named ""{0}"" has content ""{1}""",
> element.LocalName, element.InnerText)
>         Next
>
> --
>
> Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

0
just.spam (2)

Find Duplicate names and delate

Everyone has rights in AD... but I've checked inherited permission
I have a client that uses Exchange 2003. Each user can see every other user's e-mail. I have added the security tab in the Exchange System manager. The Everyone user does not have send as or receiving as rights at the Organizational Level or at the Mailbox Store level. The everyone rights at these levels are plain-jane, vanilla, out-of-the-box rights. However, when I look at the individual user account in AD | Exchange Advanced | Mailbox rights and look at the rights for Everyone, there is an inherited permission that gives every user read, change, take ownership, and full mail...

outlook error: entry point ont found
hello i am having problems with outlook ( im running xp pro ) when i try to run outlook i get this error message: Microsoft outlook. outlook EXE entry point not found. the procedure entry point getiUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library. ive uninstalled /installed again ,but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much . Regards georgie ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Right Contacts details
If I put in an address that outlook can't find in my contacts, it goes 'Check Names' (it says the contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened) to what I assume is the Windows Address Book. However the first one it tries to open has nothing in it. If I cgo to the drop down box, and select the second one it works fine... how do I get it to open the proper one? rfc Open the Address Book. Tools > Options > Show this address list first Remove the invalid reference to a Contacts Folder here: Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing di...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Finding an event

Globally set default folder view outlook 2003 to entry list dates ascending?
Can I do this instead of doing each folder individually? TIA! Marathon <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote: > Can I do this instead of doing each folder individually? Modify the default Messages view. Technique shown here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Brian, I am wary of doing this as it will undo what I have already done. Can't tell because Select the view *by name*, is not available to me, so I just created one. How will that effect the "Entry List View" in "Folder List View" which is what I want displaye...

Form data entry
Is it possible to have a command button included on a form, that when clicked the current entry being entered is aborted, without the autonumber field being tripped to the next number. eg data entry started and autonumber field shows 7 - data entry aborted - nothing saved - next new entry shows 8 even although entry 7 does not exist. Thanks Sandy It is possible if the form is not based on the table. The form can have the required fields [except autonumber]. You may use the command button to append the record. -- ********* http://panjas.org If the message was helpful to you, click Y...

cannot find database

Cash receipts Entry
Hello, Is it possible to setup a General Ledger Account during entry in Cash Receipts?. I have a cheque where the amount is $107 where $105 is the amount and the $2 is the bank charges and I wanted to put the $2 on the bank charges account. If there is a setup I need to do, please let me know Thank You Kindly Why don't you just use 2 lines in the distribution? Credit one account $105 and the bank charges account $2? Or am I missing something? Is this under Transactions, Financial, Bank Transactions:Enter receipt? kingjack wrote: > Hello, > > Is it possible to setup ...

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Right Click problem
All of a sudden I can not right click without getting an error that widnows explorer was closing. I recently installed Norton 2010 - has anyone discovered a problem with Norton? How can I address this? Thanks Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:02:06 -0400 from Richard <richx@optonline.net>: > > All of a sudden I can not right click without getting an error that widnows > explorer was closing. I recently installed Norton 2010 "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Well, stop doing it." Whatever you had hoped to do with Norton can be done better and ...

Advanced Find not finding all
"Advanced Find" in Outlook 2007 is not finding all email messages which match the criteria. It finds between 30 and 200 and then stops. I then have to work with those (e.g., delete them) and then click "Find Now" again to find another batch, dozens of times! What is wrong? How do I fix this and find all messages that match the criteria? My typical application is to split the entire contents of my .pst files by date. Do do this I make a copy of the file. In one I delete all messages older than the cutoff date (e.g., 1/1/2007), and in the other I delete all messages yo...

How to: find reason for rejected messages?
I'm trying to find the reason, why certain messages get rejected by our exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to find out? Scenario: pullmail gets mails from pop3 mailboxes from, let's say "internetmailserver.com" and puts it in our exchange server "intranet.com". For most mails it works marvellous but for some mails it just fails and I can only see (output of pullmail command): .... 1 messages waiting << +OK 8488322 octets Message from: some.user@validdomain.com to: user@intranet.com SMTP message rejected, reply OK Unexpected response rsion:...

Delegating rights to change email addresses on public folders
I saw something mentioned in a book once about delegating more rights to a public folder tree but can't seem to find it. What we want to do is take a branch of our public folders and provide a local admin the ability to change email addresses (smtp). This is really the only thing we want them to do, however. Anyone know how to properly do this type of permissioning? We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 in a mixed mode environment. Thanks! ...

finding latest hotfix
how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 2007, Sharepoint server 2007 and SQL serve 2005? For Service Pack we can search using bing or google and find. But not for hotfix. How do I find? Thank you Hello all the latest updates are documented here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587.aspx -- Christophe Fiessinger Microsoft http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie "sgOrchid" <sgOrchid@@newsgroup.nospam.com> wrote in message news:3B51FE4E-ADD6-415D-9771-CCD32A65DF11@microsoft.com... > how do I find latest hotfix for Project Server 200...