feedback please

Hi all;

Since everyone here is great about feedback - what do you think of
this design for an XPath wizard? This is for people who span the gamut
from barely know what an XML file is to programmers.

http://www.windwardreports.com/mktg/Videos/AutoTag7_XpathWizard/First_Peek_Xpath_Wizard.html

thanks - dave

david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

thielen (152)

Hi Dave,

I've watched the video. It's really great work, you guys make the XPATH
generating provided a GUI environment. Will you also plan on extending it
to support XSLT visually?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

--------------------
>From: David Thielen <thielen@nospam.nospam>
>Subject: feedback please
>Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:22:10 -0600

>Hi all;
>
>Since everyone here is great about feedback - what do you think of
>this design for an XPath wizard? This is for people who span the gamut
>from barely know what an XML file is to programmers.
>
>http://www.windwardreports.com/mktg/Videos/AutoTag7_XpathWizard/First_Peek_
Xpath_Wizard.html

>thanks - dave
>

>david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net
>Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
>me -- http://dave.thielen.com
>
>Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardreports.com/film.htm

0
stcheng1 (64)
9/8/2008 5:46:58 AM
"David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi all;
>
> Since everyone here is great about feedback - what do you think of
> this design for an XPath wizard? This is for people who span the gamut
> from barely know what an XML file is to programmers.
>
> http://www.windwardreports.com/mktg/Videos/AutoTag7_XpathWizard/First_Peek_Xpath_Wizard.html

This looks pretty good. We use Schematron to auto-test the XML we output
here, and this sort of thing would certainly help our testers to come up
with proper XPath for Schematron rules.

0
int19h (6)
9/8/2008 11:17:07 AM
XSLT is an interesting question - I will add that to the suggestion
list.

thanks - dave

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 05:46:58 GMT, stcheng@online.microsoft.com (Steven
Cheng [MSFT]) wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>I've watched the video. It's really great work, you guys make the XPATH
>generating provided a GUI environment. Will you also plan on extending it
>to support XSLT visually?
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Steven Cheng

david@at-at-at@windward.dot.dot.net
Windward Reports -- http://www.WindwardReports.com
me -- http://dave.thielen.com

thielen (152)

Performance feedback
I'm just curious to know what type of performance people are getting with CRM. What would you recommend as a real spec? We have a P4, 512ram, IDE with only a few users, and it seems kind of slow. Screens take a while to display sometimes. What does it take to have a snappy CRM system? John, I have CRM 1.2 running on SBS2003 in a virtual machine. It has 550MB allocated and is running on an P4 XP workstation with a 3Ghz processor. Performance is very good with this setup as long as you avoid running reports and changing the security roles. Response time depends on which CRM task you...

going back to 2003 from 2007 ! PLEASE HELP
I have recently downloaded the trial for microsoft 2007 but do not want to upgrade to 2007 since I dont like the settings better than the 2003 version that came with my laptop, so how do I go back to my 2003 version? Uninstall the trial version and reinstall Office 2003 from your original media. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "helpmegetaclue" <helpmegetaclue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1120BF03-6202-4460-AAA7-12A169E8CEC5@microsoft.com... >I have recently downl...

help me please
I want to format my computer, but i dont want to loose my outlook folders. how can i back them up ?? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | I want to format my computer, but i dont want to loose my | outlook folders. how can i back them up...

Personalized Feedback bug?
I noticed a bug with the Personalized Feedback. It started in version 2003 and continues in version 2004. When you have Personalized Feedback turned on (Options menu) you get the spending thermometers in your registry (checkbook...whatever). However, as soon as you go view your Portfolio, and return to the registry, the spending thermometer will not appear again until you close and reopen Money. Can anyone else confirm or refute this? Scott -- "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." I can ...

Please Help With Small VBA Problem...
I know I am overlooking something small, but I just cant seem to get a variable (or for that matter the result of a function) from one sub to another. Thats probably not very clear so I am including the relevant portions of code.... Sub WhatToDoWithIt(qCell As Range, qColor As Integer) 'On Error Resume Next Dim AnsWhat As String, ColHeader As String, NumShts As Integer, HeaderRow As Integer, HdrNumOfColumns As Integer HeaderRow = GetHdrRow(ActiveSheet) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Problem is here, can not get results from function on ...

Help with EXCEL please !!!!

please help....
been trying to find how i can get office microsoft publisher,word,excel,templates and i own a windows 98 SECOND EDITION machine...I know it is somewhere yet i dont know where to look to find it...Can you please assist me in where i may locate on how to find it?Would like to download this too my system...Did have a windows 98 at the office i use to work at and we had microsoft there so i do believe it is somewhere.. thank you...kittenjasmine KittenJasmine, The only way you have Office is if you paid for it. It has nothing to do with which version of Windows that is installed on your compu...

please reply
How can i start or cofigure my outlook express to receive and send mails using yahoo "Renjith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:051601c3b1c6$03448910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can i start or cofigure my outlook express to receive > and send mails using yahoo This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexp...

Help Please #3
I have outlook 2000. Is there a way to change identities to a address that if the whole address is copied by a spammer I will not receive the spam or a virus? Thanks in Advance ...

Money Feedback
I don't know if anyone from Microsoft is monitoring this group but I've got some feedback about the product and can't locate a formal method to do so either within the product or on microsoft.com's various money sites.. I just switched from Quicken and BTW congratulations on the quicken file import. It wasn't perfect but very impressive compared to the last time I tried it which was an utter and complete failure.. Next.. Microsoft Money is.... well... pretty.. but I find the design cumbersome and difficult to use. The page-oriented design, obviously a result ...

Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0
Hi all Unable to add a new contact in CRM 4.0 as it errors out saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Here is the event log information. Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId: 01f0210d-6bf6-4c27-8919-00eccab73e2d; SdkMessageProcessingStepId: ab0fa3e5-3ceb-dc11-8840-0003ffbb159c; EntityName: contact; Stage: 50; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn, AlertCRM40Plugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-US, PublicKeyToken=4406fa73b5445f20; ClassName: AlertCRM40Plugin.CRM40PostPlugIn; Exception: Unhandled Exception: System....

Task delegation problem -- please help!
Apologies for re-posting this one, but it is really driving me nuts. Please help! After reformatting my hard disk and reinstalling Windows, almost everything on my computer works again. The one thing that doesn't is a bizarre change to the way Outlook 2000 handles task delegation. In the past, I could assign a task to a colleague, and it would appear on both my colleague's and my own task lists. When my colleague completed the task, I would get an 'update' message, and the task on my list would be marked as completed. I can still delegate tasks, but I no longer get the autom...

Suggestions Please
Sorry to ask another question. I am going to use a database for each patient in our care, I want to write their complete history. My question is Some of these clients have been in our care for over 30 years, So if one of our nurses wants to look up a previous ailment what should I use to help them? I was think a userform with 2 textboxes where they could write either the date or ailment and have excel search through the history. Any advice will be greatly received Greg A userform would be good Greg, but it would be nice to give some date input help. such as a dropdown calendar, ...

GRAPHS PLEASE HEL
I want to create one graph with one column and two lines because I have three series thanks for the help Polina I presume each series has mutliple data points? Anyway create chart with one of the data series. Then righ click chart, select <source data > and select the series tab. In the left hand series box click add and select your next series. Repeat for final series. With all series now on chart right click one of them and select <chart type>. Pick the way you wnat to represent it. Do for same for others until your are satisfied with output. Do write back with any ...

microsoft feedback request ?
Good Morning. I rcvd an e-mail today w/ subject Microsoft Dynamics requests your feedback. The sender is support@walkerinfo.com Did anyone else rcv this survey request? Is it legit? Normally I would expect Microsoft to send an e-mail initially advising that they have contracted a firm to do a survey? Thx for any info you can provide. Maria. ...

Feedback to Microsoft
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its office suite? I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow Font button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + >. When the shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + >. I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way. They amount to the same thing, as Ctrl+> is actually Ctrl+Shift+Period. You can't type > without pressing Shift. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Hub...

Extra Spaces When Reply/Forward w/ HTML -- PLEASE RESPOND!
I have searched google for an answer to this, and while finding seven (yes, seven) separate posts about this, none of them were responded to (see below for links). The problem is, why does Outlook insert extra spaces before and after inserted text when editing the text of a reply or forward message using HTML? I'm aware that I would not have this problem if I used plain text, but this is not an option (and shouldn't have to be the only option). This has been a problem in every version of Outlook that I've used (2000, and now 2003). Is there no fix/workaround for this? Thanks i...

no internet connectivity
i have tried to post my issue 4 times, and and after waiting hours, i still don't see my posting, so maybe it is because it is too long. so i will try to be really brief - anyway, after reinstalling drivers, beginning with the chipset, i still have no internet connection, even though my device mgr indicates that i have a working ethernet adapter. this issue came about after successfully deleting malware/trojans using malwarebytes. help! I see a previous message from you posted at 1.26 am. Is this a case where the Device Manager is showing a problem device but it still work...

feedback
is there a way to suggest Ideas to MS Employees about new features for MS Money? John D See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=66. "John D from Branson" <JohnDfromBranson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82132112-3625-46C4-9691-7D8C52FE82F7@microsoft.com... > is there a way to suggest Ideas to MS Employees about new features for MS > Money? ...

Formula needed please...
I need a formula that will do the following: If a letter entered into cell A1 is the same as the letter already in cell A10 then change the text colour in A10. Is this possible? I'm using Excel 2007 Many thanks for any replies. Freddie You need to look at conditional formatting, in the styles group on the home tab Click in A10 and then invoke the menu command, select 'new rule' and then 'Format only cells that contain'. Select 'Cell value' 'Equal to' and click on A1 (this will give you =$A$1). Select a format for the text -- HTH Nick Hodge Microso...

What's the deal with List View ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo Microsoft, please comment !
Hello all. I have whis wierd problem with list view ignoring LVIF_STATE in OnLvnGetdispinfo message handler. It is a custom drawn virtual list. When the list is initially displayed, I'm not getting any LVIF_STATE requests.for the items displayed, only when I scroll the list I start getting it, but list ignores it flat-out. Also, how come I'm not getting any OnLvnSetdispinfo messages? I've run into so many incosistencies when dealig with the virtual custom drawn list that's quickly becoming the nightmare. Here's the current bug list: 1. Keyboard selection bug: when ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Wednesday, January 12, 2005. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 162 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

Audible Feedback
Hi Is there any way for the keys on the POS screen to produce audible feedback. It already does when there is error warning. This type of feedback would be very helpful when using a touchscreen terminal, where there is no physical feedback from the keys, as there is with a conventional keyboard. Thanks Coonawarra, Try KeyTick, works great, here; http://trace.wisc.edu/world/computer_access/win95/win95sha.html NOTE: There are numerous programs with the same name, some spyware and/or keyloggers. Be careful to download the above version or directly from PCMag.com (costs $8.00 there)...

Help with SMTP addresses please
I have two domains A.int and B.A.int (child domain). 1 Exhcange (2003) server in domain A. A small set of users have accounts in both A and now B. Many with the same username. Accounts in both domains have mailboxes on the same exchange server. I can see all mailboxes in ESM. .. I added a recipient update service policy for B with the intention that users would get the SMTP domain from the exchange server (A.com). I saw briefly that usernames in B had the SMTP address user@b.a.com is this expected behavior? Our recipient policy defines A.com for SMTP. Also since SMTP address user@A.com is...

Help!! My ICS/Firewall files are missing.. PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I recently had a virus attack and cleaned everything off.. I have Avast virus software. I noticed that when i restarted my computer that my firewall was turned off.. So i went into the settings and tried to turn it back on but instead i got this message: "Windows Could not open the Firewall/ICs settings beause the associated service is not running". I clicked start on the serivces pane and i got another message saying "error 2 file not found". Now could this of happened when Avast deleted the infected files?? if so how can i get it back?? Please respond ASAP...