Fail to install .Net 1.1 SP1

Dear All,

My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra w/ Pentium M at GHz with 1GB RAM
Hard drive 60GB - Free 30GB
I have Windows XP Professional SP2
Antivirus/antispyware, etc:  Norton 360 Suite
I run automatic update daily.
Today I got the following update:  Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack
1.  I have run it 20 times at least.  The session initializes normally but it
always fails to complete.  I only get this mssg: "Some updates could not be
installed" + "The following updates were not installed: Microsoft .NET
Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1."  The yellow shield in my tray keeps reapearing
over and over again.  I tried rebooting it but the problem still persists.
My current .NET 1.1 version is 1.1.4322.573 which is the original RTM.
Pls HELP !!!
Thank you folks !  As always your help is greatly appreciated !!!
0
Timmus (1)

RAID 1 or RAID 10 for Exchange 2003
Are there any differences between RAID 1 and RAID 10 for Exchange for performance? We currently have a RAID 5 volumes that has a 80GB Private and 18GB public Databases on one volumes. We were thinking of creating 3 x RAID 10 volumes, so we would split the private Databases into 3. Or 7 x RAID 1 volumes and split the Databases even further (use all our disk slots up). The new disks will go from 10,000 RPM to 15,000 RPM. Our Average Disk sec/write is usually over 20ms and quite often 50ms. Look forward to you suggestions RAID 10 is always going to offer better disk performance, but yo...

FindResourceEx fails.
Hello I cant the the following function to work. FindResourceEx returns NULL. TRACE prints 1814 as error. m_wLanguage is 1053, and I got swedish as a lang in my resourcefile. const char* CResourceLoader::GetString(int nId) { HRSRC hResource = FindResourceEx( NULL, RT_STRING, MAKEINTRESOURCE(nId), m_wLanguage); TRACE("%d\n", GetLastError()); if (!hResource) { char szString[512]; LoadString(NULL, nId, szString, 512); return szString; } else return (const char*)LoadResource(NULL, hResource); } Jonas > I cant the the following function to work. FindResourc...

Install problem
I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again with the same results, plus It also states you have windows operating in safe mode. what does that have to do with installing Money 2004 "Keith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3a0fc$b0b28c80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message saying cannot install for you have a anti- > virus and must turn off, of which i have and tried again > with the same results, plus It also states you have > windows operating in safe mo...

SQL Instance name/Server Name Error when trying to install CRM 5 in Amazon EC2
I have two instances in EC2; one for CRM and one for SQL. I get this message when I run through the system checks installing CRM: "The instance name must be the same as computer name." SSRS works fine and everything else is also in place. I ran the sp_dropserver and sp_addserver queries to confirm that the instance name is set to exactly the same as the FQDN of the server. I also started up an ODBC connection from the CRM server and confirmed it had a valid connection to the SQL databases on the SQL server. What am I missing here? Please help! ...

Install that internet patch from the Microsoft Corporation
--pxqtotpiujurdz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ewxmhldn"; type="multipart/alternative" --ewxmhldn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wspvsqvongthgcuo" --wspvsqvongthgcuo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Re: connection fails daily
On 18/12/2009 23:42, fcsark9handler wrote: ????????? *What* did the poster write? -- Dave (Sometimes man stumbles over the truth ...... Sir Winston Churchill) ...

not able to print more than 1 page at a time
we can not print more than one page at a time we keep changing setings to 100, 10 , 50 any other number and it still prints one page only. ...

money 2004 installation problem
Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is invalid." Can someone help? I removed the program and reinstalled several times. Same problem. I disabled both Antivirus and Firewall. In microsoft.public.money, Rupert Lee wrote: >Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking >on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content >is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is >invalid." Can someone help?...

Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that file, I got the error message "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ] I had to...

Quick Campaigns are failing
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns still work there. Update to this: ...

Problem with NDR 5.7.1 / 554
Hello everybody. We have a problem with a user that have sent an e-mail to an external receipt. When the internal user sent the e-mail to this external user, he receive the following NDR: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: external.user@anotherdomain.com on 6/27/2005 5:32 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <MY_SMTP_SERVER@mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, spam filter rejection> I want to know what is the most likely cause for this problem. Thanks the NDR says it...

Consistency Check fails and fails and fails ...
Hello all last Tuesday, we had a Blue Screen on our Home Directories server. After having it restarted, I got a DPM error, thus needing a Consistency Check. Today, one week later, I did 30 Consistency Checks, all having failed with all kinds of errors: - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\K... (ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)) - DPM encountered an error while performing an operation for \\?\Volume{83986761-1bce-4d28-bf4c-25bf9d86a50f}\HomeDirectories\G...

VS 2008 SP1
Hi, We're currently still on VS2008 RTM. Just wanted to know if it is safe to install SP1? The reason I ask is there seem to be a lot of articles online about people having serious problems with the upgrade. And also an instructor on one of my colleague's courses (recently) said SP1 was very buggy. I don't want to lose an development time, let alone spend days rebuilding my PC. Cheers, James On Feb 17, 1:46=A0pm, JimLad <jamesdbi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > We're currently still on VS2008 RTM. Just wanted to know if it is safe > ...

Problem with some installers
Hello, I am using Win 7 Ultimate x64. Since recently, I am having a problem with some installers (not all). It seems that all installers that cause problems are a) UPX packed b) based on InstallShield When starting the installer, I first get: "Insufficient free disk space" (I have over 3TB free though!) and then: "Cannot prepare main package. Probably incorrect TMP/TEMP variables or there is no execute permission for temporary folder." The variables TMP and TEMP are set correctly and execute permissions are set for the temporary folder. S...

how get the user for econnect installed
hi, i want to know how can i get the userid who is logged in for eConnect and/that user is authenticated or not?in GP8.0 Regards, Nilotpal ...

Why is collection failing?
I'm creating a wrapper class for a collection object, mainly so I can test whether a given records exists. I'm baffled as to why I'm getting "Invalid procedure or argument" in the exists function when I try to extract the value, whether it actually exists or not. I've tried collection.item and collection(item), same result. BTW, the values are numbers that I convert to strings. Option Compare Database Option Explicit 'this class object extends the collection object to include an 'exists' boolean function Private colStatus As VBA.Collection Private S...

Workflow and email templates (MSCRM 1.2)
Hi All I am having some trouble with a workflow which is creating a email with the newly created accounts number. The workflow should send a email notification to 2 email adresses when a new account is created. These 2 Email adresses are always the same. The Email should contain the new account number. Problem: To get hold of the accountnumber value on the account and put this into the Email Body i have to use an email template for an account inside the workflow. The problem here is that the email will be sent to either the "Primary Contact" or "Account Email" when...

installing publisher 2003 on Vista Home Premium
I am trying to install publisher 2003 on my new laptop with Vista Home Premium. After I enter the product keyand tell it to do a typical install, the installation progress screen appears and the process hangs. I end up having to ctl-alt-delete the process. Is there any fix for this? Thanks! Disable your anti-virus software and try again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "larabee" <larabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BF446BE-B9FA-4D51-91CF-8FF16DA37419@microsoft.com... >I ...

CreateDirectoryW fails
Hi I want to create a directory with more then 300 characters. I am using the CreateDirectoryW function and prepending \\?\ to the path for eg.. CreateDirectoryW("\\\\?\\C:\\Temp\\..." some long name but the function fails with error 123. What could be the problem. I am working on Windows 2000. Regards Jakir Would it hurt to tell us what error 123 means? (I looked it up and it says the fllename syntax is illegal). Give your code snippet below, I'm not surprised. Take a look at CreateDirectoryW. What is its argument type? A Unicode string. So you should supply a Unic...

Users failing to log in to Exchange on some PCs but not others.
Last week a number of laptop users reported that whenever they run Outlook 2002 to access exchange they are being prompted with a login dialogue. As they are already authorised network users this should not be happening. I took the most important users laptop and checked the settings to find everything was OK. I started a test profile and tried to set up the user there. Same problem. I went to another PC and set up a new profile and accessed exchange immediately. Back at the laptop, I reinstalled the Outlook Suite, The Network components and anything else I could think may be at fault, but sti...

Operation Failed error
When I attempt to send a worksheet via email (Outlook 2000) I get "Operation Failed" error. Any ideas? ...

How do I create a bar (1-100) in exel?
Hi! My skill in excel is slowly improving but there are still a few things I need help with every now and then. I have a column with chapter titles (Column A). In columns B, C, D there are %-ages where the total = 100%. What I would like to do in another sheet is to displat the results in a horisontal bar in three different coulors. If column B is 35% then I would like the first 35% of that bar be, say, green. If C is 25% and D, subsequently, 40%, then I want that bar to be 25%, say yellow, and 40%, say, red. I don't want it all in a graph, but rather in a rectangular box next to some...

How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003?
How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "David A. Beck" <davidb@beckb.com> wrote in message news:OinC7JvEGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How do I tell what service pack is installed on Exchange 2003? > > Open the ESM, drill down to the server in question, highlight it, right click and select properties, you should see the build level and sp on that page. hth, Kris. "D...

mnyppc05.exe Installation
I receive this message when I try to install the application: "Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make at least 1183KB free disk space available and then try running Setup again. Error 101." This is on a drive with 8.03 GB of free space. Someone needs to check their coding I think. Any suggestions...? Thank you. Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I receive this message when I try to install the application: > >"Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make >at least 1183KB free di...

Report Load Failed
when i deploy my project, crystel report have an error "report load failed".This project made in C# desktop application 2008. In solution, there is no error beacuse the crystel report path work well in solution but no well in deployment. ...