extracting project path in a csproj -- grrrr!!

I'm using FinalBuilder to automate our builds. We've had it working
with VS2003 for a long time, now we're upgrading to VS2005 (I'm aware
that 2008 is out now. Geroffit.)

I'm trying to extract the OutputPath from the appropriate
PropertyGroup (Debug/Release) in the csproj using XPATH. I've
discovered after much trial and error, and many inventive curses, that
it works as long as I remove  the xmlns clause from the Project node
at the top, but fails otherwise. Incidentally,
http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003 doesn't appear to
exist anyway, so what the hell?

Anyone have any idea what's going on? FYI, I'm doing this very ad-hoc.
I have no real knowledge of XML internals.
0
googroup (1)

"Barfy the Wonder Camel" <googroup@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I'm using FinalBuilder to automate our builds. We've had it working
> with VS2003 for a long time, now we're upgrading to VS2005 (I'm aware
> that 2008 is out now. Geroffit.)
>
> I'm trying to extract the OutputPath from the appropriate
> PropertyGroup (Debug/Release) in the csproj using XPATH. I've
> discovered after much trial and error, and many inventive curses, that
> it works as long as I remove  the xmlns clause from the Project node
> at the top, but fails otherwise. Incidentally,
> http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003 doesn't appear to
> exist anyway, so what the hell?
>
> Anyone have any idea what's going on? FYI, I'm doing this very ad-hoc.
> I have no real knowledge of XML internals.

Take a look at this link on matching nodes in a namespace:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N5536.html
Especially numbers 13 and 23.
(There is no reason for there to be a file at:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003, namespaces are just
unique strings that differentiate node names.)
--

Joe Fawcett (MVP - XML)
http://joe.fawcett.name

project timesheet distribution error
I am trying to post negative time (since the original time was incorrectly posted) for an employee in PA Timesheet entry. I am using the referenced original timesheet. When I enter the time and save, I get an error 'Incorrect Distribution'. I tried going to Distribution and bringing up the default entry but the error still continues. I have been able to do similar entries for other employees. Any ideas what could be missing here? There seems to be a bug with this. I've noticed that you can't reverse the enter original entry. For example if you posted 1.00 hours to a...

extracting totals from within a spreadsheet
I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet --where two conditions/catogories must apply so that a third column where i have inputed hours, will total for those conditions only... can anyone help? Please spell out what you want we are not mind readers -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jovetta" <Jovetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91442C6D-03DF-4FC1-A069-AAB43FA57485@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to take different information from within a spreadsheet > --where two condi...

extracting icons
Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? Take a look at the ExtractIcon[Ex]() API Cheers Check Abdoul --------------------- <davegreb@gpxinc.com> wrote in message news:c6c54da6-574c-4c8e-8ec9-3b77b99a5523@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to extract an icon from an application? ...

Project Server 2003 with pro slow
Hy, We use Project Server 2003 (SP3) and Project pro 2003 (SP3). We have some big projects (14000 tasks). The problem is that when I open this project from server, sometimes after opening it everything is ok and fast, but mostly it is really slow, opening subtask takes about 15 seconds and changing a field (for example name) value also. When I save the same project into file and open it, then it's always fast. Can someone help me with this problem? Project Server 2003 was slow in this area with project bigger than 1000 tasks. You should have your network checked and look...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

MS project: custom formula for work
Consider the following scenario: I am a flooring contractor and I track all my jobs as one MS project. I am planning work for 2 homes where home 1 (H1) is 1000 sq feet, and home 2 (h2)is 2000 sq feet. It takes one person-day to finish 500 sq feet. When I create a new task for H1, I simply want to enter 1000 sq ft as an input about H1 and then I want MS project to calculate 1000/500 = 2 days as the duration for H1. Similarly, I want to enter 2000 sq ft an input about H2 and then I want MS project to calculate 2000/500=4 days as the duration for H2. I know how to create a ...

Query and Extract
Hello all, This seems basic, but I just cannot get it. While using SQL Server 2005 and the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, I created a database called AssetQuote. Inside I have on table called assetquotes. From there, I have three columns, (date, quote, author) The column type for date is datetime and the other two are just text. My Query is something this: INSERT INTO AssetQuote (date, quote, author) VALUES('052010','No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.', 'Aesop'); When I run the query I get this result: Msg 208, ...

extracting individual numbers from "ranges"
I'm trying to get EXCEL to extract stock prices quoted in individual cells as 52-week ranges --e.g. 11.76-19.90-- and do the following calculation: (higher price - lower price)/lower price Obviously, this a problem because each cell appears to handle the range as text or something. Is there are way to get EXCEL to handle the "text" (or however else it is interpreting what's in the cell) as individual numbers? Great thanks for any help. Hi do your entries always look like lower_number-higher_number if yes you may try the following formula in the adjacent row (lets assum...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Visual Studio 2008 Link Error for VS6.0 Project
Hi Group I am testing out Visual Studio 2008 Eval.. i tried to recompile my MFC C++ Visual Studio 6.0 EXE project . I get these link errors. I can say these errors are linked to EXE function calls to MFC DLL with CString as parameter. Error 383 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall CViDlgModLink::SetDataAText(int,int,class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >,int)" (__imp_?SetDataAText@CViDlgModLink@@QAEXHHV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@H@Z)...

Project Server Connectivity from Project Pro
We have an issue here where a user attempts to connect to Project Server 2007 from a browser she is prompted to enter her network credentials after which time she is able to connect. When she attempts to connect with her Project Pro 2007 client she gets the standard error message that she is unable to connect. If she manually enters her credentials when attempting to connect with Project Server she is able to connect. Any idea why this is happening? She is in a different domain so could that be the problem? We are running 2007 SP2 w/August CU's. Thank you. I thought I wou...

Extract Text
Dear all I have this text in a field: 200701-I 200701-II 200701-III 200701-IV and I need to separate only the data after the six first data: -I -II -III -IV How can I do it? Thanks a lot!!! Andr=E9. Take a look at Access HELP for the Mid() function. Open a query in design view and add a new field something like: NewField: Mid([YourField],7) -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ <gatarossi@ig.com.br> wrote in message news:11893397...

Can I extract unique cell values from every nth column?
I have a range that covers B5:XA160. For each row, data is entered in 11-cell groups: date, some numbers, description (a text value), more numbers, and more numbers. At first it was enough to merely count how many times certain descriptions appeared, because those were the only ones we would see - or so the story went. Now, I need to extract the unique descriptions AND provide a count! Actually, I'm cheating a bit. I'm using SUMPRODUCT to return the number of times the expected descriptions appear, and by subtracting these from the total number of text values I get a count of &quo...

Project settings problem
Whenever I move my dll project folder and recompile I have to set the debug executable. Regards Mark Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but if you are moving the project you may want to make sure you don't have any absolute paths to include files, libs, or output that might need to be changed as well. You can also have the output sent to a more common location so that it won't matter where the original code is located. Tom "Galia" <galia@intern.net> wrote in message news:%23Mp3E$ODIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Whenever I move my dll project f...

I implemented a grid control in a big MFC project.
Grid, a rect filled with cells, no line nor row. If some one has time to purify it and put it to www.codeproject.com,contact me. If you need the code ,send me a mail. > Grid, a rect filled with cells, no line nor row. > > If some one has time to purify it and put it to > www.codeproject.com,contact me. > > If you need the code ,send me a mail. Why not contact codeproject directly or at least post in its own newsgroup over there. Keep in mind though that codeproject has the Chris Maunder's famous MFC grid control. --- Ajay It can not be merged and split illimitably...

Extraction Tool
Do anyone know of a tool or script which I can use to extract users email address from a windows 2000 domain we are using exchange 2000 w Here's a script to extract ALL email addresses form a domain: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/09/how-to-export-all-email-addresses-from.html Do you need something for a single user? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wmb" <wmb2003@uk2.net> wrote in message news:efxeuymMGHA.2276@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Do anyone know of a tool or script which I ca...

Customizing a master project report
I have a simple report that I want to run in a master project for all sub projects, but can't figure out how. I have a master project that currently has 7 sub-projects (and will have more in the future). All subproject tasks are exactly identical. I would like to have have a report with the subproject tasks down the left side (y-axis) and each sub-project title along the top (x-axis). Where task and sub-project title meet would simply be the percent complete the task is. Is this possible to run and how so? Thanks for all the help. -- braden ------------------------...

MID formula not extracting what I want.
I'm trying to extract the date from a cell using the MID formula and all I'm getting is some weird number that does not seem to make sense. I have tried formatting the target cell but still no change. Any clues about it? How can I do this? 1/13/2006 12:16:29 AM =MID(E5,1,9) 38730.011 -- wayliff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wayliff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29860 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501062 Hi That's because Excel stores dates as...

Extracting data to make mailing list
My neighbour has a .PUBS name and address doc. The doc is 10 pages long. Each page of the document is a table with 10 rows and 3 columns. Each cell is name on top the line followed by 2 or 3 lines of address. She then just cuts the full sheet Avery into mailing labels. This has become too difficult to manage, sort, filter, etc. Anyone have a suggestion how to extract this data so I can make a Publisher mailing list? Thanks. -- Ross try bringing it into Excel...you'll some "massaging" to do. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Ross"...

Project sample data in TWO
I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I have tried all of the techknowledges on GP knowledgebase. It keeps stopping in different places.I have had to uninstall and reinstall many times. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this accomplished? Thanks Gina This macro has not run without error since version 60. >-----Original Message----- >I had to reinstall The World Online company and can't get >the Project Accounting sample data macro to complete. I >have tried all of the techknow...

MS Money Project Leader needs FIRED- NO SYNC?
What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC? And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005 wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money? People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with productivity. What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile and productivity product lines? These two decisions have immediately kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS) as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC. Way to go MS! ...

MSCRM 3.0 with Microsoft Project Server 2003
Can someone explain to me how and in what way MS Project Server can be integrated with MSCRM 3.0? One way would be to use IFRAMES in crm forms to point to the pages and interface for project server. In addition you could have CRM automatically create a project when an opportunity is won for example. I have not heard of anything creating an integration but as you can see there are many ways to do it from simply displaying a Gantt chart in CRM to actually creating projects when records are created in Microsoft CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http...

Your path to data is incorrect
I am completely new to Great Plains. I was trying to install the package (7.5 version) and I am stuck at this stage: I have been able to install the package and create two companies using the utilities. I then tried to enter the package. After the initial login dialog, I get to see the error message : Your path to data is incorrect There is a textbox with the label:Location of Pathname File and this is initialized to DYNAMICS/dbo If I press Ok and go ahead, I get a couple of more error dialogs. Ultimately, I am not able to open any transactional screen. I saw that the database DYNAM...