Extend the XML Schema via C# objects

I have C# objects/entities (like person or customer) which contains the usual
amount properties/attributes like name, address and so on..

I would like to "tag" some of these properties, so that when I'm generating
and XML Schema (via Wsdl for instance) the tags are displayed in the Schema
portion of the Wsdl. Something like the following snippet:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xs:scheme attributeFormDefault="unqualified"
    elementFormDefault="qualified"
    xmlns:search="searchNS">

<xs:element name="Customer">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="FirstName" type="xs:string" search:able="Y"/>
<xs:element name="LastName" type="xs:string" search:able="Y"/>
<xs:element name="Address" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

-----------------------------------
As you see, I would like to "tag" the FirstName, LastName elements while
Address is not. I would like to accomplish this with something like this in
the class definition:

[XmlTag(Namespace="search", attributename="able" attributevalue="Y")]
    public string FirstName {
        get {
            return this.firstNameField;
        }
        set {
            this.firstNameField = value;
        }
    }

I'm grateful for any tips or pointers!

Unbound Object Frame
Hi All, I create chart using wizard, and I get a chart under unbound object frame. In Rowsource property I get "TRANFORM ....", the question is : Is it possible to pass parameter for Rowsource, I like to control the data source for specific record? I can't use link as Unbound Object can't. TIA Yanto ...

XML indexing ?
Hello, I have an MFC application. In one of my screens the user need to choose a driver from a list of thousands drivers. We cannot use DB, so we use XML only. The drivers files are in the system files every manufacturer has its own directory and every model in the manufacturer directory has its own directory too (many many directories and sub-directories), each model directory has few files (driver files). I need a very fast way to show the user all the manufacturers and when he chooses the manufacturer I need to display all the chosen manufacturer's models (dirs). After the user chooses ...

after deployment xml web service does not work
Can you give me some suggestions of why the xml web service is not working? I have an xml web service that works in my visual studio. net 1.1 environment. I setup this project up for deployment doing the following steps: 1. add a web setup project called "testaddr". 2. in file system window, select Web Application folder. 3. in the left pane of the file system window, right-click web application, point to add, and then click output project. 4. Select Primary output and content files and then click OK. 5. in solution explorer, right click Build on "tested". 6. I doubl...

Dynamic Forms from XML
Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm trying to create dynamic vb .net forms from xml. Is there an easy way to read in xslt/xml files and create a form with text boxes, combo boxes, etc.? I would also like to load in the data validation. Thanks Hi Brian, Please see my reply in microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vb. AS a supply, you may refer to following article on adding a control to window form dynamically: HOW TO: Programmatically Add Controls to Windows Forms at Run Time by Using Visual Basic .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;308433 Lu...

Extender
Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and couldn't find version 7.5. thanks! -- Doug Extender was not owned by Microsoft before version 8 I believe. You may be able to get it from its original distributor - eOne Business Solutions Website is here - www.eonesolutions.com.au Regards, Colin Stevenson Computer Applications "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3213B6B3-7447-493C-ACBD-CCD6C9B07D6C@microsoft.com... > Is the Extender Product just for version 8? I looked in Download and > couldn't find version...

XML in a Relational Database
I am trying to build a system to store several XML documents in one Database. The focus of this application is the XML documents could be whatever. I know nothing about the schema of the xml documents that i must save, only know that is a xml document valid. I am trying to store the node in one table, the attributes in another one, following (more or less) the DOM. But i am wondering if this project is already done. I have looked for something like this in internet but i find nothing. Do you know if exists a DataModel defined for this, and a application to use it? I already know that ...

Visual C++ Error, Excel requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Excel 2000 Windows 2000. I've searched Google and tried alternate techniques for starting Excel, including Star/Run, /automation and /safe .. nothing works. The app closes with the message shown at the bottom of this post. I have never had a problem which could not be solved by reinstalling Excel until now. I do not have Outlook Express or access to newsgroups so I do not mind a reply to William.[pleasenospam]Benson@ge.com I have repaired Office, no luck. I tried installing Excel 2003 (full, not upgrade) in a separate folder (the install was successful, but it also did not launch)...

user receiving updates to conference room object
I have a customer that has a lawyer that was with a firm for quite a while. They schedule out their conference room for meetings with customers. The lawyer has left the firm, but wishes to receive email sent to her old address. I created a contact with her new address and forwarded the email to the contact. That works great. Problem is that whenever there is an appointment in the conference room, she gets a notification of the appointment, whether she was a contact for it or now. To say the least she is getting irratated about this and the last thing I need is an irratated lawyer on my ha...

Importing RosettaNet 3A4 XML Documents as New Invoices
Can someone please point me in the right direction to create new invoices in Great Plains 8.x from RosettaNet 3A4 (Purchase Order Request) XML Documents? Can eConnect do this mapping and importing without code? Does this require BizTalk? Do I have write custom code to parse the RosettaNet document and make an API Call? Thanks in advance! Mike ...

Extend PST size after Outlook 2007 upgrade
Looking at a user's Outlook on their home PC. Originally they had Outlook XP, then upgraded to Outlook 2003 and recently to Outlook 2007. Their PST still hits that 2GB limit at times so they periodically archive older emails/folders. My understanding is that there is a 20GB limit on Outlook 2007. Why am I still hitting the 2GB barrier? Does the PST not get converted to the new format when an upgrade is performed on an older PST? What is the best way to convert their PST to the new format so the 2GB limit issue goes away? Thanks. Bill Upgrade installations of Out...

DOM XML Visual C++6 / MFC
Hello, I search also as my girlfriend Sandra a easy example for XML. Where can I find this. We need this next year for a new project. I will only for step 1 read and write this XML file. I use following: Visual C++6 with MFC and WinXP Professional and also the DOM Referenz msxml2.h Best regards Andrea ...

How to loop thru XML Schema and retrieve s the element name
Hi Folks, I need a sample to retieve all the element names from a XML schema using C#, I also total no of elements in the schema. Look at the XmlSchema and XmlSchemaElement classes on http://msdn.microsoft.com Alex "Mahesh" <Mahesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC45FD83-95A2-46F0-8BD6-CA30AE82C8CC@microsoft.com... > Hi Folks, > > I need a sample to retieve all the element names from a XML schema using > C#, > I also total no of elements in the schema. > > You can also take a look at the SOM article at http://www.xml.com/pub/...

Outlook 2003 B.C.M. address book doesn't function
Hello all, Several weeks ago a client contacted me regarding an issue that had developed on one of their workstations. They have Dell Dimensions that came with Microsoft Office 2003 w/BCM installed. However when the office manager installed an older copy of MS ActiveSync 3.x on her workstation, she also inadvertently installed Outlook XP. As you can imagine that caused major problems so I had to stop by their office and uninstall anything pertaining to Outlook, reinstall, get the MS utility to clean up installer files. Finally after an hour everything began working normally. Howeve...

Extended Description
We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchronization with the Store we can see some of the Items Extended Description has been truncated to 30-35 Characters in Store and HQ. How can we solve this problem? Hi Rainu, there are 2 thngs which you can do to check this one the log of HQ Server (Sync Log) and the 2nd is to check the sync process using the SQL Profile this is only possible if you have enterprise edition of sql server, I do always use this and find many of my problem solutions. "Rainu Jacob" wrote: > We have created many items in HQ, after we do synchroni...

I need some help converting this to C++
[I would have asked this in a C++ forum but the one I found is empty!] System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(path); return System.IO.Directory.Exists(path); I want to bury this in a C++ Win32 Project. My effort so far (that does not work and I do not understand the error messages) is: #using <mscorlib.dll> using namespace System; using namespace System::IO; bool* _clrcall;bool CDirectory(String path) { DirectoryInfo d = Directory::CreateDirectory(path); return (d.Exists(path)); } I get Error 1 fatal error C1190: managed targeted code requires a '/c...

How to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset
Dear friends I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file like "news.xml" I would like to know how to put an XML called from an URL into a Recordset. Is there a way to read data from an URL? Something like http://www.xpto.com/news.xml Dim objRS Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet") objRS.ActiveConnection = "Provider=MSDAOSP; Data Source=MSXML2.DSOControl.2.6;" objRS.Open(Server.MapPath("news.xml")) Robson Carvalho Machado wrote: > I'm using the below code that uses a fixed xml file > like "news.xml&quo...

Extend Volume
Hello, I did an extension of system partition on a server 2008 x64 SP1 which ends with a "wrong parameter" failure at end. Disk management console shows up the new size but within explorer and drive properties window still it has the old size. I did a reboot and disk check (with no errors) - no changes. Eventlog doesn't show any relevant informations. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Thunder, Solution 1 - Delete problem partition - Create new partition - Restore partition data from backup If Solution 1 doesn't work, then Solution 2 - Wipe the disk ...

About xml namespace.

Extender-Adding Buyer Information to POP Blank Form Header
I have added an extender window to the Buyer Maintenance window, to include email address, phone number, fax number, etc. (Cards>Purchasing>Buyer) I would like to print this information in the Header of the POP Purchase Order Blank form. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Using V9 on SQL thanks! -- Doug There is an article, KB 904575, that has pretty good directions on adding extender fields to a report. But the article has a missing step in it. In Calculated Field 2, there should be a step 3 just like step 3 in Calculated Field 1, which changes the result type to string...

Macro to Export XML
Hi all, I've have an XML map on a worksheet, is it possible to export this with a single click macro? I've attempted the macro recorder but it threw up an error. Any help appreciated. Thanks -- DangerMouse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DangerMouse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27755 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=527526 *Polite bump* : -- DangerMous ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DangerMouse's Profile: h...

Problem importing XML
Hi, im new to this xml thing. I created an excel and when i imported an XML document, insteand of the information appearing in a single row, it began appearing like a stairway. Example, insetad of being, row1 column A, row 1 column B, row 1 column C it appears as row1 column A, row 2 columnB, row 3 column C. Does anyone knows how to fix this?? Is it problem of excel or of my xml?? here is a pic showing whats happening http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o231/fire_hunter39/error.jpg thanks The problem is solved. I had by mistake some elements with the same name. Know it works correctly...

Send a scheduled event via email
Is there a way to send a scheduled event reminder via email? I have a cell phone and I want a message to go out to it if I set a 15 min reminder to go off. So if I'm on the go I would still get the reminder. You can use an add-in for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Email-Reminders.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Vitaly" <vmilavsky@avaya.com> wrote i...

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9
HELP I am running out of space on my C:\ Drive and was looking for things to delete when I came accross the following of over 1GB. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9 What is it and is it safe to delete everthing in it? In fact is it safe to delete everthing within the C:\Documents and Settings\Mark E. Moss\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ Directory? Mark Moss IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | Disk space to use: Since you're...

Where can I find a BerkeleyDB XML for .Net || Has anybody found anything about .Net and BerkeleyDB
Hi, I am looking for any information regarding BerkeleyDB XML for .NET or if anybody have information regarding an alternativ (free) to BerkeleyDB XML for storing XML and using XQuery. (Yes I have looked at http://www.sleepycat.com) I have found the samples in the download (http://www.merrells.com/john/dbxml/archives/cat_faq.html#000197) ==> I am currently having a look at SWIG.... Any more links or any other information would be much appreciated. Regards, ..RikardN oooh, yuck look at that cross posting. what do you want? a free database ? What do you mean by "alternative to...

How can I use ClassWizard in Visual C++ 2005 ?
Any help will be appreciated.Thanks! View->ClassView -- Vipin Aravind http://www.explorewindows.com "howen" <howen@actions-semi.com> wrote in message news:e87ZX6MQGHA.2108@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any help will be appreciated.Thanks! > > What used to be ClassWizard has now just been integrated into the right click menus. For example, if you open a dialog and right click on a control, you'll see items for most of the ClassWizard functionality. Unfortunately, the traditional ClassWizard was removed in version 7 in difference to conforming the VS ...