Export data in XML through Web Services

I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this
data in a XML format.
I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I
didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute.
Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class?
Thanks in advance

Massimo Rizzotto

can you show us the code now, and
show us what you are getting on the wire
and show us what you would like to get on the wire?

This article
http://www.15seconds.com/issue/031223.htm

introduces the DataSet (maybe you do not need the introduction), and also
illustrates how to expose a DataSet from a WebMethod.

-Dino

"Massimo Rizzotto" <massimo.rizzotto@resnova.it> wrote in message
> I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this
> data in a XML format.
> I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I
> didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute.
> Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class?
> Thanks in advance

> Massimo Rizzotto

dinoch1 (221)
5/26/2004 8:28:43 AM

---

kzuAT4605 (35)

Export to XML exports single row only

UPDATE OF DATA
I have a problem, one of the stores is sale data that occurred a problem in servant HQ and it did not synchronize the information well, it is to say in the store this the complete data and in HQ this a partial data, since I can make to update in HQ what the store has in UNDER? this happened day 09 of February. Thanks. ...

Copying Data between Workbooks...
Firstly Hi there folks...complete newbie to Excel here and in desperat need of help in many matters...!!! My biggest headache so far is trying to handle my data betwee Workbooks... The scenario: End of everyday I have a worksheet mailed over containing all th details of deals that have been processed etc... Alot of the data is the same day-2-day : Rep Name, Builder Name etc... Now I have a number of reps that I keep track of deals for in my are alone, what I have been doing is opening the worksheet i receive ever night and copying only the relevant entries (By rep name) and the pasting in...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Inporting data to cell that exceeds the size of the cell.
When I import data to the excel-document that exceed the size of the cell, the cell will expand vertical. I want the text to be horizontal. How can I do that? I use text-boxes for import. When I use the fuction display "full screen" in some of my excel documents, I dont see the full screen. It is problably someting in the setup, but what Can somebody help please? SOSK, Prior to the import, set the column width of the cell that will be receiving the data to be as wide as you want it to be after the import. That will allow Excel to spread the data out rather than expanding the row ...

Data Consolidation across workbooks
I am using data consolidation across workbooks using row labels and linked to source data. If I change numbers in my original workbooks, the consolidated workbook reflects those changes; however, if I change a row label, the consolidated workbook does not update. Please does anyone know if there is a way round this? ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Export / Import Security

Deserialize and Serialize InfoPath data?
This is a repost from the InfoPath news group. Hi, I am writing a SharePoint application that works with InfoPath forms. When a user submits a completed InfoPath form to a forms library my code processes the posted xml file by reading the data into a C# class object that was generated by XSD.EXE. The class was generated from the myschema.xsd file that is contained in the InfoPath solution with a command line like: xsd.exe myschema.xsd /c With the generated class I can read (Deserialize) InfoPath's xml file into a strongly typed C# object. Manipulate the data using the C# object, and ...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Pivot data
My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? Using the row field dropdown, select ONLY the rows of data you would like to see. When refreshing only those rows will continue to show. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "SCM" wrote: > My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it > re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? ...

Excel XML
Hi all, Newbie here. I have an application that outputs Excel XML, auto-emailing to a distribution list. This ended up working wonderfully, users can just click on the attachment in the email and the file opens up in a great Excel spreadsheet for them. Prior, we would only export delimited text files, which had to be imported to Excel. Not hard, just extra steps. However, I have TWO users that are on Macs. Their version of Excel on the Mac cannot handle XML or read it. I've been Googling for days now and have only found years old postings about how Mac's Excel left this f...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Office 2007
I have been working with Office 2007 beta. In prior versions I was able to use the mouse to highlight the cells that were to be added to a chart. I cannot highlight the cells that I need, but have to manually type in the beginning and ending cell range. ...

transferring data from external software
Hello all as regards transferring data from external software ( Priorti ) to Excel (the data will be passed as text file, delimited by tab, notation of fields of text by commas) the Excel delimit the fields both by commas and the tab. How it's possible to change default pattern of Excel so the delimeter will be tab only (the data are passed directly to Excel and therefore I don't have possibility for manual import of the data TNX, eyal semo I have found the answer: Data>Text to Columns>Delimited by "comma" Excel remembers the last use of it (Y?) eyal "Eyal Se...

Blackberry or Exchange Mobile service?
Hi, I am new to blackberry and mobile devices for e-mail and have few queries: 1. Is Exchange mobile service free? is it part of exchange? 2. Can i use blackberry devices, PDAs, mobiles with Exchange mobile service? any help appreciated. 1. Yes. Exchange ActiveSync is free/included as part of Exchange. Of course, this doesn't include the service plan for the phone/device itself. 2. The best way to answer this is "sort of". You can use any Windows Mobile Device (Windows Mobile 5.0, Windows Mobile 2003, etc.) though only WM5 has all the new functionality. You can also ...

American Express and online services
Hi everyone. I'm new to the group. Just found you searching for some answers! I have two questions that maybe someone can help with. I was using Money Deluxe 04 and really liked it. Downloading transactions made life so much easier. But then came Money 05. I don't know what they did( I don't think they know either) but for some reason you couldn't create online services with Amex without adding a third account that was the sum total of the regular account and the sign and travel, so needless to say numbers were all wrong. Then they promised me that the problem was fixed. They d...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

MDX query be persistence in an XML format
Hello Gurus, Need your help on following: 1. Whether an MDX query be stored in an XML format? e.g. can the below query be stored in an XML file format: (the query is for illustration only). with set [PromoMonths] as 'Filter([Time].[Month].Members, Not IsEmpty( ([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings]) ) )' set [PromoRange] as 'Head( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0) : Tail( [PromoMonths] ).item(0).item(0)' member [Measures].[Uplift] as '([Unit Sales], [Double Your Savings])' member [Measures].[This Quarter] as '[Unit Sales]' member [Measures].[Last Quarter] ...

TaskPad error: User cannot add/modify data in Custom Fields
Backend: Exchange 2003 Frontend: Outlook 2003 or 2000 (happens in both versions). Problem: I have two users ("A" and "B") who both have full access to their common boss's mailbox ("C"). In C's TaskPad (in the Calendar folder), they have created a couple custom fields/columns. All of a sudden, about a week ago, user B could no longer add/modify any data in the custom fields, though she could access the standard fields just fine. If she sets up the same view in the Tasks folder, she can add/modify just fine. User A can still access the custom fields....

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...