Encrypt Content In XML

I will have security rights stored in XML data, and I just need the content
of elements and/or attributes to be encrypted. When the dotnet application
reads in the information, it would run a simple decryption on the data. I
have one routine that does this, except is uses hexadecimal characters, so I
need it to be valid characters for xml. Any routines out there to do this,
encrypt and decrypt data that can be used in XML?

Derek

0
derekmhart (17)

dummy.xml mk:@MSITSTORE
When I log into MS Money (2004) I get a popup asking if I want to open or save this file: dummy.xml for: mk:@MSITSTORE ... I've never seen this message before. If I cancel the request it comes back when I open Money again. It wont allow me to open it and I am concerned about saving the file since I dont know what it is. Any help would be great. Thanks! I am recieveing the same message everytime I open money. It seems wrong and I know that xml files are for transporting a money file through the internet. So it seems like a scam. You woulkd think microsoft would have some info o...

writing XML using nested tables...
I am having difficulties maintaining table relationships when writing XML files, despite having set the relations property NESTED to TRUE. I assume therefore that something is wrong with my code. Can anyone help? CODE ==== While xmlReader.Read() 'add row to tool table nRow = ScanResult1.Tool.NewToolRow() nRow("out_tlname") = xmlReader.GetAttribute("tlName") ScanResult1.Tool.AddToolRow(nRow) ' add row to toolinstance table nRow = ScanResult1.ToolInstance.NewRow() nRow("out_tliPath") = xmlReader.GetAttribute("tlExec") ScanRes...

Email encryption
I need an email encryption program that allows recipients to open the email with password. When email closes it will encrypt again. This is to prevent anyone walking by the computer from being able to open the email thanks for any help On 3/2/2010 2:45 PM, smltec wrote: > I need an email encryption program that allows recipients to open the email > with password. When email closes it will encrypt again. This is to prevent > anyone walking by the computer from being able to open the email > > thanks for any help Encryption has to be implemented at both ends. ...

Formula Encryption
Please can you let me know if you can encrypt a formula in excel? Thank you. Ra, You can put your formula into a function and lock down the code. -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "Ra" wrote: > Please can you let me know if you can encrypt a formula in excel? > > Thank you. ...

Opening Windows Encrypted Documents with Mac Office 08
Hi, I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be able to open it using Mac Office 2008? I can't find an 'unlock' or 'decrypt' option in the menu. Thanks! On 2/28/08 7:20 PM, in article ee8f21f.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "capucina67@officeformac.com" <capucina67@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hi, > I'm a new Mac user and was wondering - if I had locked a document with Windows > Vista (it has the file extension .ueaf) do you know how I would be ...

Excel 2003/Content-Disposition:inline/File Download
Hello, We use ASP.NET. We have a page with Excel download link when clicked it is supposed to render the excel data in browser. Below is the header info we set Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel" Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=refdsxresults.xls") Even Content-Disposition is inline the FileDialog pops up asking for Open or Save which should not have happened. This was not happening with Excel 2000. Is there any new header information for excel or is this a bug with excel 2003. Thanks, Veena ...

XML Stylesheets
I need to create some XML stylesheets to transform some XML data into HTML pages. So, I'm looking to improve my understanding of XML stylesheets. I do have a book, "Professional Visual Basic 6 XML" which has a chapter on stylesheets, but I'm finding it a little hard to understand. I also found this web tutorial: http://www.oneworld.org/thinktank/iktools/xmltutorial/xml_stylesheets.html which I'm working my through. As a Google search on "xml stylesheets" only returned 270,000 hits, and Amazon returned 533 books, I'm just wondering if anyone know of a sup...

How do I load the XML got by HttpWebResponse read into a StreamRea
Hi, I would like to know like How do I load the XML Response which I got from HttpWebResponse? What I am doing, I will just put for your perusal; Dim hwrRequest As HttpWebRequest = CType(HttpWebRequest.Create("https://someurl"), HttpWebRequest) hwrRequest.Method = "POST" hwrRequest.ContentType = "text/xml" Dim encoding As UTF8Encoding = New UTF8Encoding Dim postBytes() As Byte = encoding.GetBytes(strReq) hwrRequest.ContentLength = postBytes.Length Dim postStream As Stream = hwrRequest.GetRequestStr...

somewhat unrelated issue : encrypted email alert
Hello I have a user who tried to send the Winzip executable via email and since the day he sent it symantec AV (corporate ed, version 9) sends this email out daily: Symantec AVF detected that you sent a message with an encrypted attachment Subject of the message: None Recipient of the message: user@domain.com (not the real email address, changed just to avoid all the spam bots) Encrypted attachment: winzip63.exe Would anyone know how to resolve this, for it keeps sending this email daily, but there is nothing in the user's outbox? If someone can clarify the issue that would be g...

turn off encryption
can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail? Include the outlook version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and what happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQ...

Is cell content a date?
I am trying to use a series of If statements to determine how some rows should be formatted. It is all pretty easy based on dates in a certain column. However, the user often substitutes dates with text. How can I have the code evaluate the contents of a cell to determine if it is a date or not? TIA On 16 Mar 2005 15:39:35 -0800, "papa jonah" <adullam04-excelgoogle@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am trying to use a series of If statements to determine how some rows >should be formatted. >It is all pretty easy based on dates in a certain column. However, the >user often s...

Table of Contents
I have a large document (500 pages) with approx 8 chapters that are set up with a table of contents and references, tables, figures set up in order by the 'Insert', 'References' As I don't need to update all chapters when I reissue this document is it possible to make each chapter as a separate Worddocument and force Word to number the sections according to how they will ultimately appear in the final document....i.e in the same way that you choose the number of the first page of a document. Many thanks for any advice Hi Mandley D, Yes, that is possi...

Encryption
I have a query on encrption. DES means encrytion, so is DES a standard method, or just the term for encryption? And what is the difference between DES and DES3? Thanks. hi DES is one of the algorithms for encryption. There are a number of algorithms/methods for encryption, DES happens to be one of them. Some of the others are RSA, AES etc. hth gangadhar Tomy wrote: > I have a query on encrption. DES means encrytion, so is > DES a standard method, or just the term for encryption? > And what is the difference between DES and DES3? > > Thanks. > Thanks for your ...

Create a complex type from Linq-to-XML
Hi, I have a User object with two properties, ID and Name I have an XML file that looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Users> <User> <ID>4</ID> <Name>Paul</Name> </User> <User> <ID>3</ID> <Name>John</Name> </User> <User> <ID>2</ID> <Name>George</Name> </User> <User> <ID>1</ID> <Name>Ringo</Name...

XML merging
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C6998C.63366C20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I am looking for XML merging for the following scenarios. I want to = load both the input files and show in the tree viewer and highlight the = differences. Now its up to the user to select the correct node. Any non = conflicting differences should be automatically merge onto the merge = document. Any suggestion/caveats on how to do this in VB.Net? Regards Sanjib doc1.xml ...

Change background color based on cell content from link
I have been trying to make some formula or macro that will color the background of cell contents based on the contents. I have far more than 3 conditions so the conditional formatting is out. My data will remain constant, meaning it will change but always have the same possible contents within my list, but I have a list of about two dozen different possible matches and each would need to result in a different color. I have a reference sheet and know what the color numerical equivalent is for the colors I want to use. The data I will have in the cells is actually produced t...

Encryption?
Dear NG: Any thoughts on encrypting the .mny file? Is it safe? Is it preferred? Kevin You don't say how you have in mind doing this. Something like PGPdisk or WinXP Encrypting File System should work fine and relatively transparently. Is it safe? That depends on the quality of the tool and your ability to remember the passphrase. Is it preferred? To what? I think many more people lose their Money data to lack of backups, corruption problems, inopportune reformats/reinstalls, etc., than lose privacy of their data to computer security problems and to people trying to exploit these pro...

message encryption
Apparently I do not understand message encryption and signing in Outlook. I'm running Outlook 2003 under WinXP Pro. I have a digital ID obtained from Verisign, its valid through March 18, 2004. The name on the ID is my name, and the e- mail address on the ID is my default work e-mail address (dlr@rowelllawoffice.com). In Outlook | Tools | Options | Security, the "Security Settings Name" is set to "Standard Security," and that is the only entry in the drop-down list. When I click "Settings," the "Change Security Settings" page opens; the fo...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
ok whats the score with having to manually copy this from the old .dll+.dat folder to the new one and stop and start smtp when the IMF does an auto update. is this going to be automated in the future? surely it would make sense to just keep the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml in the root MSCFV2. ...

vb.net xml namespace xmlns xmldocument
I am using XMLDocument to create my xml. How do I remove the namespace information ? It is being put on all my xml nodes: <MyServ xmlns="http://www....../XInclude> <Timeout xmlns="">100</Timeout <MyServ> I am using CreateElement as such xElem = newXMLConfigDoc.CreateElement("Timeout") xElem.InnerText = "100" rootNode.AppendChild(xElem) What am I doing wrong ?? marfi95 wrote: > I am using XMLDocument to create my xml. How do I remove the > namespace information ? It is being put on all my xml nodes: > &g...

trying to unravel an encrypted string that was encrypted in dotnet managed code.
I posted this yesterday in the security.crypto newsgroup but thought this might be more appropriate. if I were using WinCrypt.h, etc. how would the following have to change for the decryption portion. I will be encrypting in managed code and need to decrypt in a service component that is unmanaged C++. thank you. -Greg arguments passed into this would be an encrypted xml string and two byte arrays, one the key and one the inititialization vector. using System.Security.Cryptography; using System.IO; RC2CryptoServiceProvider rc2 = new RC2CryptoServiceProvider(); rc2.IV = iniitialization_ve...

encrypting a password!
Hi All, Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using vc++1.52? Is it possible to call a com object from vc++ 1.52? If so, how can I do it? Is there a link you can point me to? Thanks. .... VC++ 1.52???? -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dbcuser@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1125519905.446448.38890@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Can someone point me on how to encrypt and decrypt a password using > vc...

How to determine content type of URL without downloading it?
Hello there How can I determine content type of file or URL located on web without downloading a sinle bit. I could do it in .Net by using WebRequest class. But how can I achieve same in MFC ? Every file located on web has content type stored in HTTP header. How can I retrive it without downloading. Roland wrote: > How can I determine content type of file or URL located on web without > downloading a sinle bit. I could do it in .Net by using WebRequest > class. But how can I achieve same in MFC ? > Every file located on web has content type stored in HTTP header. How > can I re...

Sort XML Into Hierarchy
I am generating an xml file off an employees table from a database to use to databind a treeview to on a master page rather than call the db every time the page loads. I need to take this XML and sort it hierarchially so when the treeview gets it, it shows all employees sorted with child nodes for employees who report to them, etc. I have never worked with XML but found enough online to assume an xsl file would do the trick, provided it was written correctly. What I have so far, thats not working, is this. CODE TO GENERATE XML FILE FROM DB DataSet SQLDataset = new DataSet("Employe...