Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page

I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a
CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml
stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET
page.

I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server
control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a
XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML
Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other
options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
ab7819 (1)

Ashish wrote:

> I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a
> CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml
> stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET
> page.
>
> I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server
> control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a
> XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object.

You can easily load Stream or XmlReader into instance of XmlDocument and
then assign it to the Document property of asp:xml control.

> Can XML
> Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader.

The control takes XmlDocument as source, but you can load XmlDocument
from Stream, TextReader or XmlReader.

> Also, what other
> options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page.

That depends on the structure of your XML. If it fits into relational
table model, you may want to use DataGrid.
--
Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP]
http://blog.tkachenko.com

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

Validating Xml document with !DOCTYPE in it?
Hi there I have a schema (xsd) that I can figure out to validate Xml docs against. The documents however, also contain a DOCTYPE declaration. I would like for my XmlReader to _ignore_ the DOCTYPE declaration. Currently, it throws. If I enabled the Dtd support (ProhibitDtd = false), it tries to retrieve the URL. I have given it an XmlSecureResolver without any URL, and then it throws... So, it seems I can: - have the validating XmLReader throw when it encounters an DOCTYPE or - have it try to fetch the URL of the DOCTYPE I just want it to ignore it... Any advice? Regards Mads -- Med...

Display Time in Outlook

how do you save a multiple page newsletter in Publisher?
I have a 4 page newsletter I would like to email our clients. What format do I save it to? Convert it to a pdf file and send it as an attachment. Many folks here like the free Primopdf program which you can get at www.primopdf.conm If you have e-mail addresses and websites in your newsletter you may want a pdf creating program that will make them active in the pdf file. An excellent modestly priced program is PDF-XChange which you can get at http://www.docu-track.com/downloads/users/ -- Don Vancouver, USA "Insurancegirl" <Insurancegirl @discussions.microsoft.com>...

How to select & display distinct values

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

xdebug <fstream> .Net 2003 problem
Using with .Net 2003 #include <fstream> using namespace std; I have compilation errors in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7 \include\xdebug(line 29) compiling debug configuration. There is no problem with release configuration. Any idea why. Thanks ...

Question about throttling the number of webservice calls from a .NET website
Hi, I'm currently designing a website which will be showing some course results to students at the end of their course. One of the options we want to give them is the ability to download a PDF version of their "result letter" (rather than posting it out to them, so saving money). The PDF will be generated on request for those students who want it by calling a webservice residing on another server, this will probably take a few seconds to execute (the data will have to be retrieved from the database, suitably formatted and some PDF template stuff executed...

how can i delete automatic page breaks in excel
I have copied an excel spreadsheet from my computer 2003 version to another computer with 2007 version. It was meant to be only 1 page but comes up in the 2007 version as 9 pages.I can't seem to remove the page breaks as they are broken lines (automatic).Help!!!!!!! I really need this to fit ti 1 page If you are talking about when you go to print it, go to File --> Page Setup, under the "Page" tab, select the Scaling to be "Fit to 1 page(s) wide by 1 tall" and press "OK." Hope this helps, Jim ...

Display or not display series

ICallbackEventHandler problem in .net 4
I'm pretty sure I have found a bug in .Net 4. using ICallbackEventHandler I get an error on call backs after installing ..net 4 but only when accessing page without file name like http://server.com.au/ if I was to use http://server.com.au/default.aspx I get no error. any ideas? ...

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Using Page.RegisterClientsideScript with arguments
I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the vb.net code behind. I can get this working (sb is a stringbuilder) Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript()", sb.ToString()); but what I need is... Page.RegisterClientsideScript("testscript", sb.ToString("string1", "string2")); Thanks! On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 05:01:49 -0500, Dave wrote: >I need to use a javascript and set a couple arguments in it from the >vb.net code behind. I can get this working > >(sb is a stringbuilder) > >Page.Register...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...