display encoded xml attribute with javascript

My xml is a collection of events:

<events>
	<event name="event1" />
	<event name="event2" />
</events>

I have a JavaScript function looping through the xml and building a
list with the event names.

<script js>
.... code ...
.... loop ..
{
document.getElementById('myDiv').innerHTML +=
'<li>'+objXMLNode.getAttribute('name')+'</li>';
}
... code ...
</script>

Everything works fine but I'd like now to have some events name as URL
links:

<events>
	<event name="event1" />
	<event name="&lt;a href=&quot;index.aspx?param=1&quot;
class=&quot;content_display&quot;&gt;SECOND EVENT&lt;/a&gt;" />
</events>

This is the XML created on the backend to be passed to the client
(maybe HTMLEncode is not the best idea ?).
However using the same JS function, loop through nodes and in the list
I get:

*event1
*<a href='index.aspx?param=1'>SECOND EVENT</a>

How can I tell the browser to actually display the link for the second
item?

Thanks,
xke

0
xkeops (3)

xke wrote:

> Everything works fine but I'd like now to have some events name as URL
> links:
>
> <events>
> 	<event name="event1" />
> 	<event name="&lt;a href=&quot;index.aspx?param=1&quot;
> class=&quot;content_display&quot;&gt;SECOND EVENT&lt;/a&gt;" />
> </events>
>
> This is the XML created on the backend to be passed to the client
> (maybe HTMLEncode is not the best idea ?).
> However using the same JS function, loop through nodes and in the list
> I get:
>
> *event1
> *<a href='index.aspx?param=1'>SECOND EVENT</a>
>
> How can I tell the browser to actually display the link for the second
> item?

If your code really sets innerHTML then I don't understand why you do
not get a link. The result you see would occur if you set innerText or
used document.createTextNode().

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks for answering,
xke

On Oct 26, 12:30 pm, Martin Honnen <mahotr...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> xke wrote:
> > Everything works fine but I'd like now to have some events name as URL
> > links:
>
> > <events>
> >    <event name="event1" />
> >    <event name="&lt;a href=&quot;index.aspx?param=1&quot;
> > class=&quot;content_display&quot;&gt;SECOND EVENT&lt;/a&gt;" />
> > </events>
>
> > This is the XML created on the backend to be passed to the client
> > (maybe HTMLEncode is not the best idea ?).
> > However using the same JS function, loop through nodes and in the list
> > I get:
>
> > *event1
> > *<a href='index.aspx?param=1'>SECOND EVENT</a>
>
> > How can I tell the browser to actually display the link for the second
> > item?
>
> If your code really sets innerHTML then I don't understand why you do
> not get a link. The result you see would occur if you set innerText or
> used document.createTextNode().
>
> --
>
>         Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
>        http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/- Hide quoted text -

xkeops (3)

Dual Displays

Folder could not be displayed

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

Validating Xml document with !DOCTYPE in it?
Hi there I have a schema (xsd) that I can figure out to validate Xml docs against. The documents however, also contain a DOCTYPE declaration. I would like for my XmlReader to _ignore_ the DOCTYPE declaration. Currently, it throws. If I enabled the Dtd support (ProhibitDtd = false), it tries to retrieve the URL. I have given it an XmlSecureResolver without any URL, and then it throws... So, it seems I can: - have the validating XmLReader throw when it encounters an DOCTYPE or - have it try to fetch the URL of the DOCTYPE I just want it to ignore it... Any advice? Regards Mads -- Med...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

Display 4 weeks of data
Hello all, I am trying to create a query in which data is displayed for the current month beginning with the first day of the week, first week of the month and ending with the last day of the week, last week of the month. In example: Today is Friday June 1, 2007 but the first day of the week would be Sunday, May 27, 2007. I would like the query to show data between 5/27/2007 through 6/30/2007 -OR- 4/29/2007 through 6/2/2007 for the previous month... Does anyone have any ideas? First day of the current month is DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()), 1) Last day of the current month...

Dynamic Chart Display
I have set up many dynamic charts using named ranges with the counta function. At times when reopened the data is not displayed properly - it will be skewed to the left with blank intervals although all data is there. It can be corrected by going to the data sheet and resaving the spreadsheet but this is very inconvenient and doesn't always work. This is particularly a problem when the spreadsheet is for distribution or to be used as part of a presentation. Does anyone know if there is a way to 'freeze' the display so this does not occur? Thank you! ...

Getting Attribute value by using name
I am getting the element node list, and if any attributes are there, I am getting the attributes values by using the index eg 0- first element 1- second element aNode.Attributes.Item(1).InnerText But for some reason the order of the attributes is swapped , so my question is , how to get the attribute value using a name instead of the index values. I am new to xml and thanks for any help. eg . addressNodeList = xmlDoc.DocumentElement.GetElementsByTagName("UEP_STG_ADDRESS"); Console.WriteLine("Count=" + addressNodeList.Count); foreach (XmlNode aNode in addressNodeLi...

net display or pole display
We are a small beverage/specialty retailer. We have a requirement to install a customer viewable display. We are using a Pioneer POS that has an available USB and video port. 1. We are thinking of using a small, 7-9" monitor connected to the video port. Can we change the size of the fonts that are used to display pricing? 2. We tried hooking up a flat panel monitor to this port, but it didn't work (even with the net display check boxes activated). I think it is because we did not load drivers for the second monitor. We're a little apprehensive about messing up the touch s...

Displaying zero as 1st digit in zipcode
I'm generating address labels (in Word) from mailing list that's entere into Excel. The zip code is 07040, but it shows up in labels as "7040" I followed the directions & clicked "zip code" in the "format cell dialog box to format that column. I also tried entering it as text zip code printed out as "0" only. I hope you can help - I'm working o deadline. Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After you select your Excel file as a data source, you should see a 'Confirm Data Source' dialog box. From that...

Arial Font not fixed pitch on display zoom <79%
In Excel 2000, if you use Arial font with a size of 10 pitch, with a View Zoom factor of 79% or below it is displayed as a proportional font. i.e. the number 1 uses less space than the number 8. If you use a zoom factor of greater than 80% it displays as a fixed pitch font. Is there any way to make the font display permanently as fixed pitch, regardless of zoom factor? Arial is always proportional--maybe you meant courier new??? Maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. ...

Encoding options for plain text in Outlook
Could someone explain to me (and I have asked this several times already) why encoding options for plain text messages have been limited in Outlook 2002 and 2003? In Outlook 2000, one could choose plain text without encoding, with MIME quoted printable, MIME base64, or un. In Outlook 2002 and 2003 (which are supposed to be *new and improved* versions), these options disappear. I have read that for Outlook 2002 one can modify a registry setting. See here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278134. However, according to slipstick.com, setting the quoted printable encoding doe...

>1 hh displays in minutes. Display in hour+?
Sorry, I've looked everywhere, through google and all my saved spreadsheets but I don't remember enough to have brought up any kind of useful result. I have a spreadsheet that is tracking time. I have the format set to HH:mm:ss and enter 375000, for example, for a 37.5 hh workweek. In the column that deducts for overtime, I have a couple of entries like this: 00:74:00 00:81:00 where 00:74:00 would be better as 01:14:00 for 1 hour and 14 minutes, and 00:81:00 should display as 01:21:00. How can we this be done pls? I don't see how to apply anything in http://www.cpearson.com/...