Disdplaying resulting XML Response as Raw XML on Web Page

This may be trivial.  It was back when I did HTTP POST with XML Docs.

Now on ASL.Net I'm using XML proxy classes and everything I've tried tries
to act on the XML.

I have a test ASPX page that I use to test web service.  When response is
returned I want to open a new window and disdplay result as XML.  I don't
want tags removed.  I don't have any XLST.  I just want to popup with raw XML
tags and all.  I don't mind invoking anoither ASPX page to display the XML.

I'm guessing the is very easy, or should be.

doug wrote:
> This may be trivial.  It was back when I did HTTP POST with XML Docs.
>
> Now on ASL.Net I'm using XML proxy classes and everything I've tried tries
> to act on the XML.
>
> I have a test ASPX page that I use to test web service.  When response is
> returned I want to open a new window and disdplay result as XML.  I don't
> want tags removed.  I don't have any XLST.  I just want to popup with raw XML
> tags and all.  I don't mind invoking anoither ASPX page to display the XML.
>
> I'm guessing the is very easy, or should be.

Hi, Doug
You can serialize the object(s) let's say with System.Xml.Serialization,
and than print out its in-memory representation, or store it somewhere
in the server and provide a direct link to the xml file. This should
open it in the browser as you desire.

HTH,
Petar Atanasov
http://a-wake.net
0
ppa_info (11)
5/15/2007 3:00:28 PM
Peter,

That isn't working for me.  Doing just this and my tags are removed showing
just the data portion.

doug

doug wrote:

> That isn't working for me.  Doing just this and my tags are removed showing
> just the data portion.

Do you set
   Response.ContentType = "application/xml"
before sending your XML to the browser?

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

"Martin Honnen" wrote:

> doug wrote:
>
> > That isn't working for me.  Doing just this and my tags are removed showing
> > just the data portion.
>
> Do you set
>    Response.ContentType = "application/xml"
> before sending your XML to the browser?
>
> --
>
> 	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> 	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

That did it.  Thanks.  Assumed it was easy.

doug

"Martin Honnen" wrote:

> doug wrote:
>
> > That isn't working for me.  Doing just this and my tags are removed showing
> > just the data portion.
>
> Do you set
>    Response.ContentType = "application/xml"
> before sending your XML to the browser?
>
> --
>
> 	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> 	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Store Operations User's Guide Missing Pages
I'm new to this software and am using Version 2.0. My Store Operation's User's Guide (brand new - out of the box) is missing pages 273-284. How do I obtain a replacement manual? -- Todd Wilson ERC Communications ...

What is themeManager.xml?
It appears that Excel 2007 adds a reference to something called themeManager.xml when you save the files in the 2003 compatibility mode (i.e. .xls). Does anyone know what themeManager.xml does? saqib http://doctrina.wordpress.com/ ...

convert a custom config file to XML
Hi, I need to convert a home made config file to an XML one. My config file looks like this (it's an app that display some text in function of time): //config.cif BEGIN_241104 06:00-08:29;1;AAAA;BBBBB 09:00-12:29;1;CCCCC;DDDD END I don't know how to do it, maybe something like this but don't know if it's possible to do this: <Date = "241104"> <Hour>06:00-08:29</Hour> <Flag>1</Flag> <Label1>AAAA</Label1> <Label2>BBBBB</Label2> <Hour>09:00-12:29</Hour> <Lab...

Electronic Document Delivery
Having trouble connecting to a web service via Electronic Document Delivery. The web service has been tested and is working fine. Many Thanks David ...

Re: Exporting meeting responses
>> "PaulSWagner" <PaulSWagner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message >> news:824D0A8E-26CD-4C91-B137-8430B89E497A@microsoft.com... >> |I am using outlook 2003 to arrange a meeting with many participants >> (it's a >> | presentation). Is there a way to export the list of responses on the >> tracking >> | tab, so I can prepare a list of participants? >> > > ...

Advanced Find Results/Export
Hello All, No matter which entity i'm in, if I do an advanced find and the results of that find are more than 10,006 records, when I export that advanced find to Microsoft Excel it only exports the 10,006. Is this some kind of limitation of CRM or timeout function that can allow this not to happen? I changed the general request timeout for CRM itself to potentially fix this and other issues, however, it hasn't seem to help. I can however use SQL Reporting Services through CRM and create a filterable report that returns all the the records and allows me to export to the maximum...

Web Service
Hi all, I got a question on using the Web Service, while I am trying to create receivable documents, like Credit Memo, I have to assign the document ID explicitly (unlike SOP documents), but after I create a single document, the document number in the table RM40401 won't be updated, so I cannot get the next document number. So I cann import a bunch of receivable documents now. Any help will be highly appreciated! thanks. --ricky ...

Memory Leak in ASP.NET 2.0 Web Page
Hi, We are facing big issue on performnace of onw web application which has only one aspx Page called 'SolutionReport'. This page is sometimes very slow when some items are selected in drop down and takes say 40 seconds to reload the page again. In order to troublshoot it, based on article(Section : Memory bottlenecks) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998583.aspx#scalenetchapt17_topic6 we did some analysis and found that Process\Private Bytes (aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe) ..NET CLR Memory\# Bytes in all Heaps (aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe) While Process\Virt...

compare results
In a soccer tournament predications are made by individuals of the score for each game. Points are awarded to each individuals accuracy in predicting the outcome of each game using: correct score in the game- 3 points; correct result (i.e.prediction of a home or away win regardless of score) - 1 point; any other result - 0 points. The most points that can be awarded in any prediction is therefore 3. Does anyone have a spreadsheet or formula that can show this on a spreadsheet. I have about 40 forms to check from individuals - I know Excel can do this! ...

Print the results of a search
After I do a search via the Tools menu, I want to print the results of the search. How do I do that? Edit|find???? There's nothing built into excel that does this: But you could use a macro... Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim curWkbk As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim RptWks As Worksheet Dim oRow As Long Dim FoundCell As Range Dim FirstAddress As String Dim FindWhat As String FindWhat = InputBox(Prompt:="Find What?") If FindWhat = "" Then Exit Sub End If Set curWkbk = ActiveWorkbook Set Rp...

Result of one combo box, affecting results of another...
Just out of curiousity... Is there a way to have what the user selects in one combo box on a form, affect what is available for the user on another box!? For instance... Box A has 8 different addresses.. Within those addresses there are 12 different building ID locations... Instead of having all 12 building locations for each address always appear in the combo box, If the user picks building 4, is there a way to just have the building ID options for building 4 showing in combo box B? Charles! Use your favorite search engine. Use "Cascading Combo boxes" for search terms. -- Reg...

Query Result to Report
I have a query that gives the running total to a Client. How can I get this total to show on my Already made Report. The Client has his ID number linked to the query and report Why I want to do this is if the report on his totals is say 3 pages long it will show the grand total at the bottom instead of just adding up what is on that page as it already does, but I can change that title to Sub Total and then have this new total at the bottom =qPayableTotalForPayment!Payable Thanks for any help with this query total......Bob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:ev8sl...

Internet explorer an not display this page
Recently I got some malware on my laptop when surfing the net. I got rid it by using ad aware, I think. Since then I have not been able to use internet explorer, all i get is a message saying 'internet explorer can not display this page'. I can still send emails and update ad aware but i cannot update avira antivirus software. the security centre says that my firewall is stopping http port 80 and 443 and ftp port 21. please tell me how i can fix this problem. Bruce Munro wrote: > Recently I got some malware on my laptop when surfing the net. I got ri= d it=20 &...

How to pass xml inside xml to an xslt
Hi I have an xslt. The input to the xslt is a dataset. In that dataset, in one of the datatables' column I am stroring xml data using XmlDocument. Now, when I transform this xslt in c# I get the following error: "Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it." Is there a workaround to this problem? Thanks, Anshul Bansal Anshul Bansal wrote: > I have an xslt. The input to the xslt is a dataset. In that dataset, in one > of the datatables' column I am stroring x...

get printed 5 pg Publisher Newsletter on my web site.
I converted my printed newsletter to be published on my web site. I use SmartFTP as the program to take my documents to my web site. I could get the first page on, but I couldn't get the rest of the pages on. I figured out that when it converted the newsletter it gave my other pages different names. So I copied and pasted those to my HTML sheet on the first page. I tried this with only the 2nd page and what happens is when I go to my web site under the newsletter the first thing that pops up is my first page with the navigation bar for all the pages, with the second pag...

bug check results exifs
MY Exchange 2003 server keeps getting a BSOD and after I reboot it works fine. The minidump file produces the following info after I run wdbg on the dump file. I ran it on the last three dump files and here is what i get. If anyone can enlighten me on where to go to understand what I am seeing or even what this might be I would appreciate it. Thanks for your help. Latest dump file BugCheck 5, {f7fe9c88, fa41fd60, 1, 0} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mssmbios.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys Probably caused by : Unknown_Ima...

Displaying Results . . .
Greetings, I got a Date value in cell A1, and I would like too mouse over it click on it, have it displace data from a vlookup in another sheet Just like a chart when you mouse over a bar and it tells the data it using. Is it possible to emulate that through a comment or msgbox? Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26130 Hi 1. Mouseover won't work as the work...

StDev Results
In general terms, when I perform a STDEV equation, does the result equal the distance from the mean to each end of the standard deviation (+ and -) or does the result equal the distence from the + to the - with the mean some point in between? -- Michael Beauregard from the mean "Michael" wrote: > In general terms, when I perform a STDEV equation, does the result equal the > distance from the mean to each end of the standard deviation (+ and -) or > does the result equal the distence from the + to the - with the mean some > point in between? > -- > Michae...

Installation of CRM Server result in Unknown Error 80040E31
I am attempting to install a evaluation copy of CRM server on windows 2003 and database server is SQL 2000 SP3 on windows 2003. A new domain was created on a single server. Installation goes fine for a long amount of time then at the very end I get the following error.... I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times!!! Please help Here is the error Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM SErve Setup was unable to provision your organizatio Setup was unable to create the root busines Unknown Error 80040E3 Before re-installing, I have removed the crm database files from the SQL 2000 server a...

Outlook Web Access 2003 New Mail Notification Problem
Hi there: In Outlook Web Access 2003, the new mail notification pop up does not appear. In Options, both "Display a notification message when new mail arrives" and "Play a sound when new mail arrives" are checkmarked but I still do not receive a notification. Have to rely on F5 to refresh. Please advise. Regards, Bob How often does your Outlook check for messages? It will only notify you when it checks. If it checks every 24 hours... "BCITStudent" <BCITStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DDA0D13-7A66-42B0-...

Disdplaying resulting XML Response as Raw XML on Web Page
This may be trivial. It was back when I did HTTP POST with XML Docs. Now on ASL.Net I'm using XML proxy classes and everything I've tried tries to act on the XML. I have a test ASPX page that I use to test web service. When response is returned I want to open a new window and disdplay result as XML. I don't want tags removed. I don't have any XLST. I just want to popup with raw XML tags and all. I don't mind invoking anoither ASPX page to display the XML. I'm guessing the is very easy, or should be. doug wrote: > This may be trivial. It was back when ...

MSXML5.0:Validate an XML Docxumenet (C++)-Fatal Error C1010
Hi all, I have a VC++ .NET 2003 - Windows XP Pro PC. I created a Win32 console application in my VC++ .NET 2003 and copied validateDOM.cpp, books.xml and books.xsd (see the attached files below) from Microfost MSDN Library for my project "validateXML". When I did "Build" on my project, I got the following fatal error C1010: c:\Documents and Settings\SHC\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\valoidateDOM\valoidateDOM.cpp(273): fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive. Please help and tell me what went wrong in my "Bui...

Automating Different Survey Results
Does anyone have any idea on how to facilitate the preparation of surve results? Our survey results are downloaded from our survey online facility (som facility when it can't even produce the report :sigh:). These survey are about the services of the different support groups of our company So each survey has its own set of questions. The backend process o translating these results is quite tedious and I've been thinking o how to automate it ... I know that there is a better way. I am usin Excel but only the standard features such as countif, sumproduct pivot, charts. But still it c...

Good web version of these forums
Is there a good web version of these newsgroups, ie word, excel etc. I have not found one that connects well and is efficient. Thanks Kevs OS 10.4.11 Office 2004 This system is much better that web forums. Here you can find easily, even the very old messages. Try "Word 4", for instance, the first mac office I used. Go here <http://groups.google.com/> and type in the first search field "word 4" + mac Do you see? in article C3CA4A83.31F6A%kevs@hotmail.com, kevs at kevs@hotmail.com wrote on 08/02/03 00:27: > Is there a good web version of these newsgrou...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...