debugging xsl in vs2005

I have an asp page that references an xsl file to transform the xml
from a database query and
I have some javascript functions in an xslt file imported by the xsl
file.  Everything works and
produces the desired  html, except when using the visual studio
debugger, which gives the error "objects of type 'Script1' do not
have
such a member" and references the  line and column numbers where the
"this"
object is used, as in this.hourarray()

Any ideas on what the problem is?

DEBUG
Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does not appear again Thanks Running Xp professtional heshie wrote: > Curious, new problem has started. Evey once in a whle a new folder appears on > my desktop labeled "debug"..The folder is empty and I do not know how it is > formed or why..Does someone know the cause of this and a remedy so it does > not appear again &g...

Debug Assertion Faild
Debug Assertion Fail Program: C:..... File: winocc.cp Line: 22 The exception Breakpoin A breakpoint has been reache (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x5f4369c This program is to scan a file and look for a matching string. Could this error be caused by code not exiting a "break;" properly? I'm not sure how to explore resolving this. The information listed in the Debug is The thread 0x3DD8 has exited with code 0 (0x0) The thread 0x3EA8 has exited with code -2147483645 (0x80000003) The program 'C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dads\Programmi...

An application crashes only under debugging
Hi, I'm using VC++ 6.0. I have a Win32 Application (I will call it "EXE") which is linked with a Win32 DLL and I don't have the source files of the DLL; When I execute the EXE by double-clicking on the icon reprsenting it , there are no problems; On the contrary, if I try to debug the EXE the program crashes: in fact, the debugger shows an "Access Violation" error message and informs that an istruction of the DLL attempts to read a memory location which cannot be read. Does someone know a possible cause of this problem? Thanks. M If the DLL is an MFC DLL (it is...

office2004: capable of xml *with* xsl-transformations?
hi there, we need to transform xml from excel 2004 (os-x) and word 2004 (os-x) to another xml-dialect. is it possible to apply a xslt during xml-saving from excel and word (can word save to xml at all?). for those of you in desperate need of such a solution, you might take a look at http://www.latenightsw.com. they offer "xslt-tool" for free. it's an applescript-extension that lets you transform a xml-file using a xslt-file via applescript. BUT I WANT IT DIRECTLY IN EXCEL AND WORD! any help appreciated. michael. On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:54:24 -0600, michael wrote (in article &l...

Weird: CRichEditCtrl scrollbars work in debug build but not in release build
Hi, I have an App Wizard project (VS 6.0), non doc-view architecture. My view class is: class CRichTextView : public CRichEditCtrl. In MainFrm.cpp I have a member variable of: CRichTextView m_wndView;. I create the view as follows: if (!m_wndView.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_MULTILINE | WS_VSCROLL, CRect(0,0,0,0), this, AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST)) { TRACE0("Failed to create view window\n"); return -1; } It works "just peachy" in the debug build. But, when I make...

Very strange debugging problem
I have a windows console program that interfaces with a library that interfaces with a hardware device. I run the same unmodified program with the same input and get different results on different trials. My program is the same, the test data is the same, yet different runs produce different results. There are only two sorts of things that I can think of that could cause this: (1) The state of the hardware device changes between runs. (2) Some really weird memory error that causes my program to run correctly 75% of this time and fail other times. Does anyone have any ideas on how I ca...

Debug in Release mode?
Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) How do I do this? pointer would be much appreciated. >Old wine in old bottle.. being served by a new bartender :o) > >How do I do this? The subject or the content? To debug a release build see "How to: Debug a Release Build" in your VC++ help. Dave In addition to what Dave suggested you might want to just do a find on this newsgroup using those keywords. There have been several discussions on that topic in the last few days that should pop up a bunch of links. If you can't find them let me know and ...

How do I create the start element of a xsl stylesheet document?
I want to generate a xsl style sheet programatically. To do this I use a XmlTextWriter. The start element shall look like this: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> How can I write the 'stylesheet version="1.0"' parameter? If I use XmlTextWriter's WriteStartElement (string prefix, string localName, string ns) method, I can use it as value for the localName parameter. But then the EndElement looks like this: </xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"> Which is of course incorrect. Below a b...

xsl template startMode in system.xml.xsl.xslTransform
Is there any way of specifying the startMode when using the xslTransform class? We are updating code which used msxml to the system.xml classes but can find no way to specify the startMode. We use this so that we can specify different templates to be used by the same xml node. Know that we could use global params, but would rather not have to update all teh stylesheets and any code that uses msxml and the same stylesheets. Thanks "Steve" <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:C7CB30CD-E939-4F25-8F24-2D0F9F2B361B@microsoft.com... > Is there any way of specifying t...

Problem with recursive XSL templates
I've discovered a quirk of .Net System.Xml.Xsl.XSLTransfrom that doesn't seem to exist in the MSXML2 transformation. When calling a recursive template for the first time, don't pass a parameter value using a variable with the same name as the parameter. This seems to cause the original value to remain constant in all recursive calls, even if you modify that value inside the template. To demonstrate: <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:param name="x"/> <html> <body> <xsl:call-template name="recurse"> <xsl:with-param n...

Debugging
Hi, I have an access violation in my program when closing, apart from that things are working in debug mode. This is difficult to deal due to a lack of information. One message I get is as below, is there anyway to turn this into something meaningful? Heap block at 009B1C68 modified at 009B2370 past requested size of 700 The stack trace shows ntdll! 77f75a58() What can I use to track problems like this down? I must be accessing restricted memory during the deallocation of objects or misusing the mfc, I do not know, though there does not appear to be any memory leaks. I did have memor...

remote debugging
Hi, I am using VC++ 6.0's remote debugger. It keeps complaining that the remote machine could not be found. I defined the remote machine as \\sty-401 or R: (a map drive that is equivalent to \\sty-401) in menu->Build->Debugger remote connection->Settings->Target machine name. I can access the machine by typing either \\stry-401 or R: in the windows explorer. That means the access has no problem. Can someone help me out? Thanks. Tony "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:etml8qy7GHA.3604@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am ...

Debug
Hi, How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug mode??? (i been told that i need to insert the file of the lib to my project and so.. how to do it???") Thanks. To do it easily you have to have the source for the lib adn have the lib compiled in debug mode as well. Adding the project for the lib to your solution makes this pretty easy to do. Tom "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eR1dbIBoEHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > How can i debug a lib file that link to my project from my project in debug > mode??? &...

XmlSerializer produces different results in debug and release buil
A few weeks ago, I upgraded an XML server of ours to .NET 2.0. All went fine. Then last week, I decided to remove all obsolete calls from the app and sign each project in the solution in the .NET 2 way so that the app compiled with no warnings. This built fine but we noticed that server was deserializing one of our XML messages incorrectly. I confirmed via source control that neither the schemas themselves nor the classes representing the messages had been altered but the problem continued. After some investigation, I found I could I could actively switch this bug on and off in debug mod...

XSL Filter Help Needed

Slightly OT: Debugging another process while my MFC app is running...
I have a stand alone application (which renders a 3D scene) that is controlled by my MFC application via XML over TCP/IP. Because the MFC application spawns the rendering application via CreateProcess, I can't debug the initialization of my rendering application in this scenario because I have to go through the IDE's debug|processes menu and choose the rendering application and select it. What I was wondering is: Is there a way to denote a process to debug which hasn't started yet? Ergo, if I set a breakpoint in my rendering application in the initialization code (for exampl...

problem using xsl with hebrew
Hi. i need help. i can`t use xsl to transform an xml to html using asp.net. when the xml and the xsl are in english it works fine. the problem began when the xml ans xsl have words in hebrew. i put the next sentence in the start of the xml and the xsl: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1255"?> and it did not solved the problem. here is my 1. the xml file : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1255"?> <FUN> <CATEGORY TYPE="&#1502;&#1493;&#1494;&#1497;&#1488;&#1493;&#1504;&#1497;&a...

Debug
Hello Everybody. We noticed today that, when accessing GP8 via Terminal Server, there is a Debug option on the menu bar that was never there before (and that is not there when accessing GP8 via the LAN. Anyone know how - this may have gotten here - how to make it go away We did not consciously turn on debugging, and there is a noticeable disintegration of performance. Thank you, Maria. Compare your dex.ini file from a workstation with the one on the Terminal Server. Look for a line in your dex.ini file like ScriptDebugger=TRUE and/or ScriptDebuggerProduct=XXXX and delete them....

debugging a windows service
I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the usual debug operations that you can do with a normal app? Thanks, E >I'm a newbie to windows service development. I have a service that was >written using Visual C++ and I'm making changes to it. What is the best way >to debug this service? Is there a way to set breakpoints or do any of the >usual debug operations that you can do with...

It works in Debug...
I wrote a function which just increments or decrements a field, if you hit "+" or "-" (a la Quickbooks/Quicken). When I run it in debug, it works perfectly. When I turn off debug, however, it stops working. Here's the function: Public Function PlusMinus(FieldVal As Integer, Key As Integer) 'Increments/Decrements value based on + or - keys If Key = 43 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal + 1 ElseIf Key = 45 Then PlusMinus = FieldVal - 1 Else: PlusMinus = FieldVal End If End Function Here's the call from a field's OnKeypress Ev...

Debug Assertion Failed #3
I have the following code in my thread: while (true) { FData * pData = new FData(); ..... ..... ..... if (something==true) { Sleep(1000); delete pData ; continue; } } i get Debug Assertion Failed because of the delete pData. Why? Regards, Mystique Assuming pData is properly allocated, deleting should not cause the assert. You dont show the line of code where the assert is coming from. Are you using pData after it has been deleted? ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Mystique wrote: > i get Debug Assertion Failed because of t...

XML >> XSL
Hi All! I'm completly green at using XML/XSL and have a small problem... I have a XML file that is generated by my application. It looks like this: <PLANETS> <PLANET> <NAME>Eartch</PLANET> <INFO> <COLOR>Blue</COLOR> <WEIGHT>168732372</WEIGHT> </INFO> </PLANET> <PLANET> <NAME>Mars</PLANET> <INFO> <COLOR>Red</COLOR> <WEIGHT>75894837857</WEIGHT> </INFO> </PLANET...

debugging
my client program is in .net and my web service is in .net. is there a way to put a breakpoint in my webservice and view the soap message coming into the service? thanks. Try out AmberPoint Express (free version) works for me, though it is a bit pokey... *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! ...

how to debug
How can I debug my dll or my application ? I have written a dll that sometimes crashes (Access violation in module ntdll.dll) in Release Mode. So I tried to compile it in Debug Mode but it doesnt' crash anymore. How can I find where does the problem come from. I precise that the application that calls my dll is written in Delphi and that I don't have the source code. There are two ways that I do going forwad with this. 1. Add debug information to the release build and debug the release build, If that still doesn't crash, then Remove the Debug info and, 2. Add some messagebox th...

debugging error message: security setting prohibit running Active X controls
Please help me. I have a window appearing all the time when I open up a new e-mail message to send to someone after I went and got help from my DELL support team. The message window that pops up is "Your current security settings prohibit runnings security settings on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. What can I do ? At this time I cannot send a picture that's in my signature in outgoing e-mails. Sincerely, Vince :( ...