dataset from .xsd problem

Trying to create a dataset out of an XML schema (.xsd), I get the
following error message:

DataSet doesn't support 'union' or 'list' as simpleType

Using .NET2/VS2005.  Is there a workaround?  Is this fixed in .NET3/
VS2008?

0
DaveINOPS (1)

external data problem
Hi I have a problem with external data. In the Data Range Properties, under Data Layout. There are 3 options after 'If the number of rows in the data range changes upon refresh:' 1 - Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells 2 - Insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells 3 - Overwrite existing cells with new data, clear unused cells. I want option 3 to be the default oprion but it always defaults back to option 2. Is there any way I can change this.?? Cheers Baz ...

Save as web problems with Pub 2000
I am running Publisher 2000 (from Office 2000) on Windows 2000 professional with a 933Mhz / 128 Mb Ram / Pent III Compaq Presario and I have tried to do a “save as web page” and I have the following error come up and the program shuts down. The error is MSPUB.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. To try and fix the problem I ran the repair facility on the CD and also reinstalled the program twice, and that did not fix the problem. I used to have Windows ME and the same Office...

Problem with My MSN
I'm using IE8(+ WindowsXPSP3) and have MSN.com as my home page. When I press the button to go to MyMSN, the MyMSN page come up but with a message that says "Your request could not be processed at this time, please refresh this page or try again later". When I try to add content to the page(weather, news etc.) it says "done but with errors on page" and no content is added. I also have Firefox on my computer so I tried to set up the MyMSN page with the content that I want in Firefox and found that it works fine there with no error messages. Any ideas on ho...

physicalinventory problem
I am testing the physicalinventory feature in a test database, I have created a new physicalinventory and have it set to just manually enter items to the count screen. I have added one itemlookupcode to the count list with a count quantity of 60, which is the correct onhand quantity. Then I close the physical inventory screen for the time being, and go into POS and sell one of these items. Then I go back into manager and open up the physical count I just created, calculate it, and it tells me that the expected quantity is, not 59, but 58?? And that there is a variance of 2?? I am th...

How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset? #3
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline You have two answers in your other posting. Pete On Jul 17, 6:33 am, zencaroline <zencarol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my > question? > > How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS o...

SSRS Linking Dataset
I have converted some reports in Access to SQL 2008 Reporting Services. However, some of the reports have subreports in them and they look fine in design but when I try to run the report previewing it from VS 2008 I get the main report but not the subreport. Apparently, the subreport is not tied to a Dataset even though the dataset shows up in the Report Data section on left side of VStudio. I cannot find anywhere in proerties to attach a dataset to the subreport. Also, how do I "link" the subreport to the main report to get only the correct records in the subrepo...

Problem in multicurrency APV transaction
I have an APV with the following details: APV#19865 doc.date: 3/31/05 doc. amount $ 8,521.5 @ 54.7 to Phil. Peso then I created a Credit Memo with the following details: Doc.# 06007 doc.date: 1/31/06 doc.amount $5,830.5 @54.7 to Phil Peso The credit memo was then applied to the APV. When I printed Historical Aged Trial Balance, the system computed a RZL of P542.24. Why is this so when both the debit and credit document has the same exchange rate? Please advise. ...

SBS2003 Exchange Problem
SBS2003 Std I have 2 SBS2003 Std servers that are having a problem with the Exchange. The end-users are telling me they are not receiving any new emails but they are able to somehow send. When I look at the Event Viewer/Application log I see errors like the one below every 2-3 minutes for different users. When I try and stop/restart the information store it fails to stop the service. My only recourse has been to restart the server. This issue keeps popping up every 2-3 days and at different times during the 24hr day and I need to restart the server. I get no other warnin...

Problems with CRM and mail
Hi, I been using CRM 3.0. It was instoled to my previous PC. I got new PC and CRM was intoled to my new PC. We did not uninstal CRM from my old PC, but we only formaded it. Now the problem is that the mail follow up is not working. Can anyone help me? Thank you already! Best regards, Ari Harjula ...

Outlook OST file Problem
Hi, Please can anyone help me?? On my Laptop I have been using Office XP with Outlook XP and my company mailbox is in an OST format in my local settings folder within my user profile on this machine. A serious problem has occured when my upgraded their server to Windows Small Business 2003 with Microsoft Exchange 2003. When my machine joined the network, the server installed Outlook 2003 on to my laptop and now my mail folders cannot be opened! PLEASE can you help me ad my business is totally dependant upon the file attachments that are attached to those emails within my mail folder...

Automagically create database schema from XML dataset
Hello. I am trying to create a database from an XML file. I am able to create a dataset from the XML doc, but how can I create a database schema from the dataset and populate the database? Or is this even possible using VS.NET 2003? Part of the XML file follows. Thanks for any help. Steven VS.NET 2003 and C# newbie! ----- Part of the XML (one full record across several tables) -------- <!DOCTYPE PubmedArticleSet...> - <PubmedArticleSet> - <PubmedArticle> - <MedlineCitation Owner="NLM" Status="Completed"><PMID>11604973</PMID> - &l...

Problem sending emails
Hi Users are unable to send emails and are getting their mails returned with the following message; Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 19/11/2004 09:55 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: a-user@somedomain.com on 19/11/2004 09:55 You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.7.1>" In addition, in the event log we are getting below messages. I suspect that both may be related. How can I fix this mail sending issue and the user rights issue be...

Excel formula
I have 3 columns, one (A) is a list of countries, the second (B) is a list of the continents they are in and the final (C) is the years in which that country was visited. I want to be able to count the (B) column only if it has a year in the (C) column. Eg there might be 100 countries in column (A), 20 of which are in Europe(indicated in column (B) but only 10 have a year next to them in column (C) I want to work out in a seperate cell how many European countries have been visited .....hope that makes sense!!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ something like =sumproduct((...

Creating typed dataset from an industry standard schema
Has anyone run into problems creating typed datasets from complex schemas? I am attempting to create a Typed Dataset in Visual Studio .Net from a .xsd schema file for a industry standard web service. I have run the schema through XML Spy and validated it with no errors, but when attempting to generate a dataset, I keeping getting a 'undefined data type' error. The schema is quite large so I don't know if that is causing the problem or if it is just something odd about .Net's parser. Here is the section of the schema causing the problem. There are only two spots where the...

Problem Installing Business Contact Manager from Drive (not CD)
About a year & a half ago I copied my entire Office 2007 Ultimate 2 CDs onto a hard drive. I have a new laptop and installed the first CD contents from the portable drive with no problems (all Office products, Outlook). However, when attempting to install the Business Contact Manager from the CD2 contents, it continues to give me an error near the end that the installation has failed and to look at the log file. Could someone advise me on what may be causing this and how I can fix it to install the BCM onto my machine? I can send the log file if you'd like me to. Just em...

eTech Maintenance problems
When in Etech Maintenance, I am able to select the user ID but when either tab or click off this field, the following error pops up: "Invalid Data Was Entered" There is never the opportunity to select a tech id as this error shows up before can do anything else. Thank you, Neil ...

custom list problem #2
Changed from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007. Custom list in 2007 only allows about 18 entries. Tried to export lists from 2003 to 2007 but it still cuts it off. How can I make it accept a longer list? -- :/ ...

attachment problem #13
hi i want to send an outlook messege with a banner(animated gif or JPG). when i am sending it to others, sometimes they get the message with attachment icon and sometimes without it(of course the bunner is still there). i tried to find the case where no attach icon is not displayed without seccsess. i checked where all the clients are OUTLOOK 2000 or 2003, i tried using RTF or HTML, in or out from the sender domain but i cant find consistent behaviur. i want it to send without display the icon at recivers inbox. can someone help? ...

Need help designing XML Dataset
Hello I developed and tested a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1. It uses a web form. I tried doing this without any help, but i'm getting nowhere. I want to create an XML schema (XSD) for a dataset/datatable using the XML designer. I want to be able to have a table for each trip. The trip will contain a trip no, date etc. But i also want it to have a State element like "PA, NJ, MD" for each state with miles traveled for each state. I don't want to enter 50 elements name MilesPA, MilesNJ, MilesMD etc. Is t...

OFFSET problems in dynamic range
Hi, I'm having the strangest problem with the OFFSET function. I have 5 dynamic ranges in my worksheet. Aimline =OFFSET('Weekly ORF'!$F$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$F:$F)-1,1) Sessions =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$D$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$E:$E)-1,1) WCPM =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!$G$4,1,0,COUNTA('Weekly ORF'$G:$G)-1,1) Date =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!Aimline,0,-1) Date2 =OFFSET ('Weekly ORF'!WCPM,0,-1) The problem is that the two names for Date and Date2 keep reverting to =OFFSET ('Excel Template.xls'!Aimline,0,-1) and =OFFSET (&#...

Matrix Problem
I was trying to match a matrix division, that was written in another code. Matrix A = 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1000 100 10 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1000 100 10 1 0 0 0 0 4096 256 16 1 3 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 300 20 1 0 -300 -20 -1 0 0 0 0 0 768 32 1 0 60 2 0 0 -60 -2 0 0 Matrix B = 0.11413125 0.30555 0.30555 0.425 0.0085625 0 0.019908333 0 Matrix C = -0.000135571 0.003038657 0.002891898 0.108336265 8.5706E-05 -0.003599653 0.069275 -0.112940741 The calculation that I am looking at has Matrix B / Matrix A = Matrix C I was trying to use a function in excel to match matrix C, but I have been unable to do this...

Problems with static build
Hello I'm having difficulties creating an ocx with no dependencies on mfc42.dll & msvcrt.dll. Since I have my general settings set to use mfc in a static library and am not using any other dll's, I'm wondering if an object library could be bringing in these dependencies? When I set my c++/code generation/run-time library set to multithreaded I get lots of link errors of the form MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _free already defined in libcmt.lib(free.obj) If I remove a 3rd party library then the above error disappears - though the link fails because of unresolveds. ...

Problem installing
I have an older copy of Money (3.0) that I attempted to install on a ME machine. Installation starts , then error comes up stating, can't find file msetup.EXE on system. I had this installed on my older 98 machine and it installed no problem. Any solutions out there? ...

Application Problems
I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. The applications try to start but then stop. Any suggestions? In article <721D46CD-7C44-46B3-9128-620B61690297@microsoft.com>, jnumac <jnumac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble opening any Office 2004 Mac application. I've restarted > multiple times, I've downloaded the software again but it still won't work. > The applications try to start but then stop. Any s...

Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem
What is the problem? Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Thread-Topic: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >thread-index: AcPkT4Nm/AUXYOifThSzZVjctNmBhg== >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook >From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYmkgVHJpbWFyY28=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >Subject: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:01:05 -0800 >Lines: 0 >Message-ID: <A3EC577E-3494-4F67-AFEF-464A82A2EF99@microsoft...