Databindings and XML - Binding Text between XML Tags instead of XML Tag Atrribute Information

Dear Group

I wonder if I do something wrong and whether this is possible at all.
Any hint is greatly appreciated.

I have a XML file bound to a Treeview. The treenodes Text/Value
properties bind and populate fine if I set them to an attribute of
the
XML tag. What I would like to do however is setting my nodes text and
value property to text that is between the XML tags. Example:

<products>
     <article value="1" text="Washing Powder">
          <description text="Super Whitewash">
               Super Whitewash is ideal and a 'must have' for some
Government departments..
          </description>
     </article>
     <article value="2" text="Butter">
          <description text="Extra Salted Butter">
               Our Extra Salted Butter is guaranteed to send your
blood pressure through the roof...
          </description>
     </article>
</products>

I tried to include 'Super Whitewash is ideal..' as an attribute in
the
description tag. But that doesn't allow me to to a line break e.g.
If I include the line break, <br />, between the description tags,
all
I can see is a list of <br /> if I put several paragraphs in but none
of the actual text.

Any help and hint is very appreciated.

Thank you for your time and effort,

Martin

Capture right click in text box
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; I know you can trap a double-click on a textbox on a form. Is it possible to capture a right mouse click on a text box on a form? If so, how is it done using VBA (or otherwise)? Could someone please post generic example code? Thanks much in advance. Private Sub Text0_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, _ X As Single, Y As Single) If Button = acRightButton Then MsgBox "You pressed the right button." End If End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "...

Excel Showing Code Instead of Data
Created a workbook for a customer using Excel 97 and sent it to him. He opened it up and saw code instead of the data that was supposed to show up. He took it to work and it opened fine on Excel he has there. There isn't anything special (no add-ins or customized functions used) in the workbook. Just the standard functions (match, vlookup etc...) used to create his data. He says he is using Excel 97. But I have a feeling he is not and this is causing the problem. Are there any other possible causes that I am unaware of? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Have him tr...

Import xml data within xml
Is there a specification that defines how one might import xml data within another xml document using a URL ? If so, will it work in .NET? Rein Rein Petersen wrote: > Is there a specification that defines how one might import xml data within > another xml document using a URL ? Take a look at XInclude - http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude > If so, will it work in .NET? Sure. There is open-source XInclude implementation for .NET - XInclude.NET, http://gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=cab253e8-cb4b-47c4-a9d9-6c42947b04a8 -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com...

How To Import Text File With No Delimiters?
I have a text file with over 2,000 names that look like the following: Mr. Benoit Smith 120 Adam Street Dorchester, MA 02124 Marcus Darbouze 1553 Blue Hill Avenue Boston, MA 02126 American Public Health Initiatives 10 Fairway Street Mattapan, MA 02126 Most consist of 3 lines some as many as 5. The text file has no delimiters so that when I import/open it in Excel it becomes just one very long column. I need to convert it or parse it into any other database friendly importable format i.e., .dbf, .xls, .csv etc. What I need is to convert it into a table with up to five header rows: head1 he...

xml parser error: xml document must have a top level element 09-22-05
hi, when deleting an invoice or order i receive the following error message: "xml parser error: xml document must have a top level element" when running sql profiler trace during the procedure, i can see that the following t-sql-statement: update Invoice SET ModifiedBy=N'{1D3ACF63-3D76-49AE-AC90-A6FEB6113545}',ModifiedOn=getutcdate(),DeletionStateCode=2 Where InvoiceId='{45280801-F8C6-4F7E-BC01-DBF3F8FDF701}' and then IF @@TRANCOUNT > 0 ROLLBACK TRAN to me it looks as if the transaction is rollbacked hereby (due to the xml parser error), but i can not u...

Saving xml with accentuated characters
Hello, All! I'm working with accentuated characters in my XML files, and I have found problems to load and save it. First, for this case, I always have my XML in memory, and I load it via LoadXML (please, ignore incorrect concatenations for this sample): Dim cXml As New Xml.XmlDocument Dim strXML as String strXML = "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <SETTINGS> <COLUMNS> <COLUMN INDEX="Code" WIDTH="0" Alias="C�digo"> </COLUMN> </COLUMNS> </SETTINGS>" cXml.LoadXml...

Equal Sign As Text
This is probably an easy question but I have created a score sheet for a golfing friend. Next to the players score we have a column where I insert an equals sign (=) if there are two or more players with the same score. However. Obviously putting an equals sign in a cell the sheet thinks I am about to enter a formula. At the moment I prefix it with an apostrophe which is'nt very successful. Is there a way of telling a cell that this sign is purely text and not to expect a formula. I have tried the cell formatting command and marked the cells to text but this still does'nt work ...

Insert carriage return between 2 text fields
I would like to copy the text of 2 cells into a 3rd but with a <CR> in between. The result should be as if I had entered ALT+ENTER between the 2 texts. "Gerd" <gerd.goebel@nospambavarian-cons.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eWbaop3tDHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I would like to copy the text of 2 cells into a 3rd but with a <CR> in > between. The result should be as if I had entered ALT+ENTER between the 2 > texts. Hi Gerd, Try : "Text 1" & CHR(10) & "Text 2" Regards Jean Gerd =A1 & Char(10) & B1 Gord ...

XML to XML
I want to convert an XML Document into another XML Document through XslTransform.Transform, but I do not want to save the the resulting XML document into a file or output stream. I want to save it into a XML Documnet object. Any help is appreciated. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! Try using the overload of the Transform method that takes an XML writer and pass in an XmlNodeWriter as input. You can get the XmlNodeWriter implementation from http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleG...

XML vs. SQL Database
I am developing a home project to be later released as an online application. I am currently using XML to store game data, user/member data, and other. Assuming a user base of 10,000 active users, is there a conflict if one user is updating information and another user is creating data on the same xml file? For example: User 1: update inventory that exists in the XML file User 2: new user adding their inventory data in the XML file Thanks for your help. Michael "Michael Jesse" <michaeljesse1973@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:tUVDd.13357$iC4.7938@newssvr30.news....

XML Import to MM2000
Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed by this group, to which I am new! Is it possible to import to MM2000 a file with extension .FXXML? My bank provides account transactions in that and .CSV formats only and I can only find reference in MM2000 to .OFC and .OFX files. Thanks in advance for any information. Dave "David Spencer" <dispencernomorespam@a1.net> wrote in message news:403b5e78$0$28382$91cee783@newsreader01.highway.telekom.at... > Please bear with me if I ask a question that has been previously addresssed > by this ...

how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign?
how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? It;s beyond me why anyone would want this (if I received a workbook I would turn it off immediately) http://snipurl.com/cpo7 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mbives2" wrote: > how do you make text flash on and off like a warning sign? You might try an OnTime event procedure. The procedure would run periodically and ,on alternate executions, set the text font color to either a visible color or the same color as the cell background. This would make the text appear to flash. -- Gary's Student "Peo Sjoblom&qu...

OL2002 Server Information being changed
Server information, specifically the incoming mail server (POP3), is being changed to localhost. The information that was previously in that field is being appended to the email address. This seems to happen at random times and we have not been able to relate it to any one event. Does anyone know a way to find the cause of this type of problem? Howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Server information, specifically the incoming mail server > (POP3), is being changed to localhost. This is being done by your antivirus program. Disable Email integration. It wi...

Mapping XML to workbook
Hello, I'm trying to map XML elements to a workbook. Each column in the workbook has hundreds of rows, so the .XML map file is formatted in a such a way that excel detects an XML list is being made. When I drag the XML elements onto the workbook - to complete the mapping process - only half the columns acquire a blue border. (The blue border signifies the columns' contents are mapped to respective XML elements.) The problem columns only have their top two cells blue-bordered (with a blue star in the last cell). This seems to be an issue of Excel finding an empty cell in a...

two or more font colors in same line of text
This may have been covered, but I may not know how to ask the question correctly. Using Pub2003, I want to be able to change my the first letter of every word in a phrase to a different color. i.e. in "My Publication" the M and the P would be black and the rest of the letters would be gray. Publisher will let me do it but when I print or print preview all the letter come out with the same tone. TIA, Jack Your test works fine with Publisher 2000. You might see if there is a newer printer driver available. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jsampier" <jsampier@discussions....

Databinding lost synchronizations (possible a Bug)
Hi, Harjit an Employee of MSFT sayed I should ask the Question in this forum, the orginal Post is: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2275398&SiteID=1. My problem is follow: Our company developing an Access Solution, we work the most time with Access. Our Customers use our product the most time of there daily work and the Mount of Data is rising up very quickly. The important working table has more than 128000 Rows (like Customers or Products). For editing we use a Form and bind it to a Query. The Amount of the Rows is more than 1300000 rows. If the Count ...

How can I replace spaces in text cells (excel) with underscores?
I've tried searching for " " and replacing it with _ but excel doesn't find any spaces with " ". use "~ " (tilde space - no quotes HTH -- AP "JB2006" <JB2006@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:481EFE49-E0C8-431F-8B4D-8BB9618EAF26@microsoft.com... > I've tried searching for " " and replacing it with _ but excel doesn't find > any spaces with " ". > That worked well, many thanks! ...

System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaElement.UnhandledAttributes Property
Somebody please tell me what is the matter with the System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaElement.UnhandledAttributes property. I don't seem to be able to access no matter how I try... Rein Do you have any namespaced attributes on the element? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rein Petersen" <rmpetersen@bogus.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OYtB$9eXDHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Somebody please tell me what is the matter with the > System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaElement.UnhandledAttributes property. > > I do...

imported text data converting to dates
I'm having a problem with imported data automatically converting to dates. I paste in some data from word which is automatically converted into columns. One of the columns contains chapter-page number data such as 1-2, or 5-4, etc. Excel automatically converts that to a date format, which then can't be converted back to text except as the number corresponding to that date- such as 38694, etc. The paste of the data overrides any preset "text" format for those cells. How can I import the data without having it convert to a date? Thanks. I don't know if this wi...

XML Declaration is missing when I convert a dataset to xml
This is my first time trying to take the results of a query that reside in a Dataset and convert the dataset into an xml file. Everything works great, except that my resulting XML file is missing the xml declaration (the first line): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> Below is an example of the code I am using: dataset.Namespace = "RatesXML" Dim xmlFilename As String = "myXmlDocument.xml" Dim fsWriteXml As New System.IO.FileStream(xmlFilename, System.IO.FileMode.Create) Dim xmlWriter As New System.Xml.XmlTextWriter(fsWriteXml,System.Text...

Flat File To XML Roundtrip
OK I'm on a steep learning curve with XML et.al. and need some advice. I'm writing a B2B front door for a new application. I have multiple data suppliers all sending various formats of flat files. Most of the inbound files are CSV (but a couple are tab-delimitted and one is an Excel spreadsheet). The goal is to read/process/validate each file and to "transform" the data into a common, internal, file format which will by sent on to a downstream application for final processing and consumption. I'm using VB.Net 2003 as my development platform. My novice approach to do thi...

Using CHM Help File instead of HLP Help File
Hi All, I am using MFC VC++ 6. The "Help Topic" is generated by VC++. It allows to use HLP file. I have CHM help created available. I want to use CHM Help File instead if HLP Help File. How can I do that? I see some commands generate by VC++: ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_CONTEXT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnContextHelp) ON_COMMAND(ID_DEFAULT_HELP, CMDIFrameWnd::OnHelpFinder) It seems like nothing I can do with OnHelpFinder, OnHelp, OnContextHelp. And I have to do somthing like ON_COMMAND(ID_HELP_FINDER, CMy...

Fetch XML problem

XML Schema Design
Hi, I am trying to design the schema for an XML file. The approach that I am planning to follow is to have 2 XSD files, each containing some relevant information about the elements in the instance document and then planning to automatically generate the XML file from these 2 schema files using the XMLSpy tool. My doubt is - What is the best way to generate the xml file ? Are there any best practices ? Any example would be of great help. Regards, Kanchana Hi, It will not be a dummy XML file, the xml file generated will contain the mandatory elements and it can be refined and used ...

Scroll to caret when appending line to rich text box
I've just came across to some very peculiar behavior with rich text box control. I want to add colors to my log window so I started with rich text box, to which I send messages EM_SETSEL(-1,-1), EM_SETCHARFORMAT and EM_SETTEXTEX. That works. Now I want to toggle the pinning of the scroll button to the last line, i.e. have RTB automatically scroll to the last line if the last line was previously visible, or do nothing if the last line wasn't previously visible. How I do that? EM_SCROLLCARET doesn't seem to work, and oddly enough SetFocus/KillFocus does, but it doesn't lo...