Data from xml file gets truncated when writing to text file

Hello everybody,

I have an xml doc and I am trying to write the values from xml file to a tab
delimited text file. Currently, what I am doing is I am reading xml file
through XpathNavigaotr and manipulating all the nodes,elements and attributes
than I am writing those values to a text file using stream writer. Now coming
to my problem When I am writing data to the text file value of the last
record is getting truncated. My code sample for formatting the xml looks like
this
 Private Sub Format(ByVal myXPathNavigator As XPathNavigator)
        Dim strtemp As String = String.Empty
        If Not (myXPathNavigator.HasChildren) Then

            If (myXPathNavigator.NodeType = XPathNodeType.Text) Then

                ' Console.Write(myXPathNavigator.Value + Chr(9))
                strtemp = myXPathNavigator.Value
                writer.Write(strtemp + Chr(9))
            ElseIf (myXPathNavigator.Name <> String.Empty) Then
                ' Console.WriteLine("<" & myXPathNavigator.Name & ">")
            Else
                'Console.WriteLine()
            End If

        Else
            '; Console.WriteLine("<" & myXPathNavigator.Name & ">")

            ' Show the attributes if there are any
            If (myXPathNavigator.HasAttributes) Then
                If (myXPathNavigator.MoveToFirstAttribute()) Then
                    strtemp = myXPathNavigator.Value
                    writer.Write(strtemp + Chr(9))

                    While (myXPathNavigator.MoveToNextAttribute())

                        'strtemp = fnRemoveKeyChars(myXPathNavigator.Value)
                        strtemp = myXPathNavigator.Value
                        writer.Write(strtemp + Chr(9))

                    End While

                    ' Return to the 'Parent' node of the attributes
                    myXPathNavigator.MoveToParent()
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

Here writer is the streamwriter.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sp

0
SP (40)

"sp" <sp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83786335-DEB7-498D-B777-5AC0D7EDEDDB@microsoft.com...
> to my problem When I am writing data to the text file value of the last
> record is getting truncated.

Where have you called Flush (and Close) on the StreamWriter, writer?

I don't see from the Sub you've furnished where / how you've opened
the StreamWriter, so perhaps you are calling Close outside of the Sub,
but if you're missing this call it's a likely cause for the stream to appear
incomplete.

Derek Harmon

0
loresayer (275)
10/19/2004 3:23:39 AM
Mr. Harmon,

   Thank you very much for taking time to look at my problem. Actually I
forgot to put those two statments in my program. Now, after using those
statements in my program its working fine.

Thankyou very much

regards
SP

"Derek Harmon" wrote:

> "sp" <sp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83786335-DEB7-498D-B777-5AC0D7EDEDDB@microsoft.com...
> > to my problem When I am writing data to the text file value of the last
> > record is getting truncated.
>
> Where have you called Flush (and Close) on the StreamWriter, writer?
>
> I don't see from the Sub you've furnished where / how you've opened
> the StreamWriter, so perhaps you are calling Close outside of the Sub,
> but if you're missing this call it's a likely cause for the stream to appear
> incomplete.
>

> Derek Harmon

0
SP (40)

Calendar Entry, invite one person everyone gets invited.
Hi All I have an issue with a client of ours, Where if they invite a particular single user to a calendar entry as an attendee the invite is sent out to all staff. They are running SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2000 (not sp1) Check how delegation of the particular user calendar was made: in Outlook: tools > options > delegates and uncheck "Delegate receives copies of meeting-related messages sent to me". Xavier "Fisheye" <support@fisheye.nospam.co.nz> wrote in message news:ekECrO6SGHA.4452@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > I have an issue with...

horizontal data to vertical data

Excel 2007
When files are already open by another user, we have found that only users with Administrator permissions on their computers are able to open files read-only. If the user only has basic user permissions they receive a message stating the file could not be found. This was not a problem with Office 2000 (which we recently upgraded from). Any ideas? Thanks, Chris ...

export public folder data?

storing read only data

How to organize data?

importing an .ost file to OL2007
Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange server. Before I left I backed up my .ost file and .pst files. I am running Outlook 2007 at home and am trying to work out how to open the ..ost folder. It appears to only be looking for .pst files. Can anyone help please? You cannot Maybe find a third party who will convert for you "Tim123" <Tim123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D9F4666-0CA7-4C08-9FE2-5892B0CB5E11@microsoft.com... > Hi, I was using Outlook 2003 at my previous employer on a MS Exchange > server. > Before I ...

file names in excel
When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I have entered. What is set wrong? Doesn't sound right. Show us the code that you use. -- HTH Bob Phillips "TonyB" <TonyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BCC8463-39BE-40D2-84C4-44311DEE14FA@microsoft.com... > When I try to name a file all I get saved is the first letter of the title I > have entered. > > What is set wrong? WinXP? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode...

A get/change operation on table 'IV_Options_ROPT' failed accessing
I get this error when I tried to print Inventory Activity Report. When I clicked on more info, it says "[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name "LNGSTRTDESC'. It happened to me and the 'sa' account. Does anyone have a clue what happened and how to fix this? I searched on KnowledgeBase and did not find any article to address this problem. Mary, This error is occuring in Inventory Report Options Table and the column name where this is happening is Long Start Description. What I suggest you is to delete the Report option by going to Inventory Act...

Unable to open Excel file #4
Error message: File cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding. The file was not saved as read-only and the file is on a diskette. Sounds like a bad disk. Copy the disk to the hard drive somewhere an try to open there. -- kkkni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kkknie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26520 Vic Cop...

Selecting specific data #2
Hi everyone I have another little problem. I have got a list of 20 items on sheet1, Cells A1 - A20 (numbered 1 - 20) and Cells B1 - B20 are items relating to that number, ie, number 1 = Concrete, number 2 = walls, and so on. Now on sheet 2 I have a table, again cell range A1:B20. I would like to know a formula so that when I enter a number in to column A, the corresponding item to that number appears in column B. ie, if I enter number 8 in Cell A1 on sheet 2, then I would like Floor to appear in Cell B1. Does this make sense? -- Thanks in advance for your help Lee Hi Lee Data range i...

How to add a space after each text value in all the cells in a row
I want to add a space (or any character(s)) after each text value in all the cells in a row or in a column For example, cell A2 contains "ABC", cell B2 contains "DEF", and so on. I want to make all the cells in row 2 to have a space so cell A2 contains "ABC ", cell B2 contains "DEF ",... try going to an empty part of the sheet (say row a4) & type =a2&" " or "[any character]" then copy that across the row for your range. after calc you can copy the range & paste special (values) back into range a2 ...X2 &am...

Saving sheet to text file
Hi, Can someone please help me with a date formatting problem. When I save a sheet to a TXT file manually (using the SaveAs option, etc.), I have no problems and the dates remain as they are shown on the sheet as d/m/yy (eg 15/9/05), but when I use the following macro, the dates on that sheet are saved to the text file as month/day/year (eg 9/15/05) Sub ExportToMYOB() ActiveWorkbook.Save Sheet2.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Premier9\Data files\ExportToMYOB.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False ActiveWindow.Close End Sub Why is it so? Rob How did you ve...

get rid of recently used templates
halo when i right click on sheets and select insert it take a long time abt 5min to show recently used templates. this is because it have a record of all the templates i used so far how can i remove them from this plz help kay Hi Does the same thing happen when you select File/New? I had this problem with File/New, it turned out to be that the shortcuts used to point to the templates were pointing to obsolete directories etc. I deleted all the shortcuts using Windows Explorer and created new one's for the templates contained in the 'All templates' folder. Our problem was...

What was your data migration experience for MS CRM 3.0?
Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or stored proceedures? What happened and how did you do it? Andy It's a bit unwieldy, but if you follow the documentation closely and do thorough tests it is a helpful tool. You should be prepared to do some extensive data cleansing and search the newsgroups when you hit a roadblock. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Andy" wrote: > Has anyone used DMF 3.0 to migrate data into CRM using its wizards or > stored proceedures? > > What happened and how did you do it? >...

Last Column With Data
How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has data? Dim myRow as long dim LastCol as long myrow = 1243 with worksheets("SomeSheetnamehere") lastcol = .cells(myrow,.columns.count).end(xltoleft).column end with msgbox LastCol This will break if you've used the last column in that row -- or if you haven't used any cells in that row. Is that a problem? Bishop wrote: > > How do I check a certain row to find out the last column in the row that has > data? -- Dave Peterson This gives a interger...

2003 files not looking right in 2007
I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003. Whew, it was a mess. Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003 opened it and it was fine. Why is this? I have to almost redo the whole brochure if I am going to use it in 2007. Am I missing something. Thanks Different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C260E80A-0B9E-4965-AFFB-8DB24DF05B32@microsoft.com... >I opened a brochure in 200...

.NET & XSLT: Unwanted namespace in resulting file after using extension objects
Hello, after using extension objects in the stylesheets there's an additional namespace entry in the resulting file. How can I prevent that? See: ..NET/C#: XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); .... XsltArgumentList xsltArgs = new XsltArgumentList(); xsltArgs.AddExtensionObject("ibd:DanTe", this); .... xslt.Transform( _source, xsltArgs, target ); XSLT: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/ Transform" xmlns:ibd="ibd:DanTe"> &l...

data file: how to start its application

Underlining text that disapears when you use zoom
When I underline text in 75% and then use zoom to 100% the underlines disappear and I'm unable to put the lines back in while being in 100%.. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:647B45F8-F8F7-4A1A-B256-5FD3796D65B8@microsoft.com... > When I underline text in 75% and then use zoom to 100% the underlines > disappear and I'm unable to put the lines back in whil...

merging data
I have a master file and 4 workbooks where individuals enter info daily. I need to update the master file workbook at the end of the day with the info from the 4 individual notebooks. How would I merge this data? I tried the "shared workbooks" process but it wouldn't let me do it. Please Help! Since your question is very "general", here's a "general" suggestion: Explore the use of links. Have all WBs open. Right click in a pertinent data cell of one of the 4 WBs, and choose "Copy". Navigate to the appropriate cell in the "Master&quo...