Create XSD (or something else) from XML to validate

Hello everybody, here is my question (sorry for my english)

I know I am going to receive some xml=B4s. I know the structure they are
going to have.
As an example:

<?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=3D"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi=3D"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
	<soapenv:Body>
	    <gi-test xmlns=3D"urn:pm_interfaz_soap2">
			<cod-user xmlns=3D"">TESTUSER</cod-user>
			<tex-pass xmlns=3D"">TESTPASS</tex-pass>
			<cod-action xmlns=3D"">pupporttest</cod-action>
			<cod-issue xmlns=3D"">6001-000200880</cod-issue>
			<typ-associate xmlns=3D"">P</typ-associate>
			<tex-associate xmlns=3D""></tex-associate>
			<fec-action xmlns=3D"">11/01/2008 12:21:00</fec-action>
			<lst-options xmlns=3D"">
				<item xsi:type=3D"xsd:string">test1</item>
				<item xsi:type=3D"xsd:string">test2</item>
			</lst-options>
			<tex-issue xmlns=3D"">Issue test type P</tex-issue>
		</gi-test>
	</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

How can I validate future xmls I will receive, knowing they will need
to have the structure of the above xml?

I think I should generate an XSD, DTD or something similar from the
above xml, and then validate the future xml I will receive.

If this is correct (not really sure), another issue is that I will not
have those xml in a file, and all I have found for validating xml need
to have the xml in a file.
Another problem, is that I can not modify those xmls so they will not
be linked to the xsd to which they will need to be validated.

How could this be done??

I don=B4t know if I have explained well, but thanks in advance for any
help.

Greetings.
0
moncholv (1)

Moncholv, you can use Xsd.exe
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(VS.80).aspx) to generate
schema from Xml.
Not sure about rest.

Thanks,
Harshal

"Moncholv" <moncholv@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hello everybody, here is my question (sorry for my english)

I know I am going to receive some xml�s. I know the structure they are
going to have.
As an example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
envelope/" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
<soapenv:Body>
    <gi-test xmlns="urn:pm_interfaz_soap2">
<cod-user xmlns="">TESTUSER</cod-user>
<tex-pass xmlns="">TESTPASS</tex-pass>
<cod-action xmlns="">pupporttest</cod-action>
<cod-issue xmlns="">6001-000200880</cod-issue>
<typ-associate xmlns="">P</typ-associate>
<tex-associate xmlns=""></tex-associate>
<fec-action xmlns="">11/01/2008 12:21:00</fec-action>
<lst-options xmlns="">
<item xsi:type="xsd:string">test1</item>
<item xsi:type="xsd:string">test2</item>
</lst-options>
<tex-issue xmlns="">Issue test type P</tex-issue>
</gi-test>
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

How can I validate future xmls I will receive, knowing they will need
to have the structure of the above xml?

I think I should generate an XSD, DTD or something similar from the
above xml, and then validate the future xml I will receive.

If this is correct (not really sure), another issue is that I will not
have those xml in a file, and all I have found for validating xml need
to have the xml in a file.
Another problem, is that I can not modify those xmls so they will not
be linked to the xsd to which they will need to be validated.

How could this be done??

I don�t know if I have explained well, but thanks in advance for any
help.

Greetings.

create a roster

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

xml schema, order unimportant

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

Newbie: Return a xml-document to client
Hi I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either from a .aspx-site or with http-GET. eg. http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2 I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since " The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations() " A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a dataset. My question is how i should solve this problem. I can retur...

Conditional data validation drop downs
Good afternoon, I want to set up drop down's that bring up criteria to be selected based on a previous data drop down selection, i.e. let's say column A has drop downs consisting of various areas within a building, i.e. Ceiling Void, Roof, Ceiling, Floor etc. Based on what is selected in A1 the drop down criteria in B1 should relate only to what could apply to the selection in A1. I.e. If Ceiling Void is selected in A1 then the user should only be allowed to select, for example, from Fire Break, Pipe Lagging, Fire Break, Feature Panels etc in B1. If however 'Roof&#...

when form created

XML DOM question
Hi All, I use XML DOM to read and write XML files. I did not find any specification whether or not XML DOM locks files for reading and writing at the moment it reads or writes to the file. I have a system where different applications can read and write from and to XML files using XML DOM, so it is important to me to know whether or not the file that is being read is locked for writing and vice versa. Does anybody can help me with this issue or refer to a proper article? Thanks a lot in advance. -- Mark. How about singlenton pattern in your situation? We can't use singlenton th...

Creating a Brochure

DDE? something wrong...
Hi all, I need to send a DDE command to my app first running instance. In CWinApp::Initinstace, app checks for other runnign instance, in that case it must send a string in order to let other instace to work on it. Here is the way I'm running: UINT nAtomApplication = GlobalAddAtom( MY_DDE_SERVER_NAME ); UINT nAtomTopic = GlobalAddAtom( MY_DDE_SYS_TOPIC ); ::SendMessage( (HWND) FirstInstaceHwnd, WM_DDE_INITIATE, (WPARAM)m_pMainWnd->GetSafeHwnd(), MAKELONG( nAtomApplication, nAtomTopic ) ); if( nAtomApplication != NULL ) GlobalDeleteAtom( nAtomApplication ); if( nAtomTop...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Three-Tier System Architecture, XML and SQLServer2005/2008
In the SQLServer 2000 BOL, "Three-Tier System Architecture" section depicts pictorially the role played by the 3 layers. Is there a similar diagram for SQLServer 2008? =?Utf-8?B?cmdu?= <rgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:0D2FA443-9ABF-47AB-96B0-253BFD022AA5@microsoft.com: > In the SQLServer 2000 BOL, "Three-Tier System Architecture" section > depicts pictorially the role played by the 3 layers. Is there a > similar diagram for SQLServer 2008? I don't know of any, but the general diagram should be the same for SQL Server 200...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...