create xml document based from schema

I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document
based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified"

<xs:element name="NewsArticle">

<xs:complexType>

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />

</xs:sequence>

<xs:attribute name="title" type="xs:string" use="required" />

<xs:attribute name="Date" type="xs:dateTime" use="required" />

</xs:complexType>

</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

0
a_borka (15)

Andy B wrote:
> I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document
> based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field.

Do you want to do that programmatically? You could use the xsd.exe tool
to infer a.NET class in VB or C# from the XML, then you could compile
and instantiate the class and populate its members to finally serialize
the class instance to XML.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(VS.80).aspx

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Martin Honnen wrote:
> Andy B wrote:
>> I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml
>> document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field.
>
> Do you want to do that programmatically? You could use the xsd.exe tool
> to infer a.NET class in VB or C# from the XML, then you could compile
> and instantiate the class and populate its members to finally serialize
> the class instance to XML.
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x6c1kb0s(VS.80).aspx

Hi Martin,
I am trying to use the xsd.exe tool i am trying to do something similar
and i was just writing my own library to do it but want to try this out.
I am using Visual Studios 2008 V3.5 and i cant seem to find the tool to
add to my external tools. Any idea where it might be or where i could
get it from?
0
navid (6)
9/25/2008 4:46:55 PM
Navid wrote:

> I am trying to use the xsd.exe tool i am trying to do something similar
> and i was just writing my own library to do it but want to try this out.
> I am using Visual Studios 2008 V3.5 and i cant seem to find the tool to
> add to my external tools. Any idea where it might be or where i could
> get it from?

xsd.exe is a command line tool so open up a Visual Studio 2008 command
prompt
Programs -> Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio
command prompt
and use xsd.exe from the command line.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
Martin Honnen wrote:
> Navid wrote:
>
>> I am trying to use the xsd.exe tool i am trying to do something
>> similar and i was just writing my own library to do it but want to try
>> this out.
>> I am using Visual Studios 2008 V3.5 and i cant seem to find the tool
>> to add to my external tools. Any idea where it might be or where i
>> could get it from?
>
> xsd.exe is a command line tool so open up a Visual Studio 2008 command
> prompt
> Programs -> Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio
> command prompt
> and use xsd.exe from the command line.

Is it possible to use it inside an application?
For example if i have a Windows Form application once the schema is
defined or even before the application is started onLoad() to use this
to get the classes from a XML schema file?
0
navid (6)
9/25/2008 5:10:48 PM
Navid wrote:
> Martin Honnen wrote:
>> Navid wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the xsd.exe tool i am trying to do something
>>> similar and i was just writing my own library to do it but want to
>>> try this out.
>>> I am using Visual Studios 2008 V3.5 and i cant seem to find the tool
>>> to add to my external tools. Any idea where it might be or where i
>>> could get it from?
>>
>> xsd.exe is a command line tool so open up a Visual Studio 2008 command
>> prompt
>> Programs -> Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio
>> command prompt
>> and use xsd.exe from the command line.
>>
> Is it possible to use it inside an application?
> For example if i have a Windows Form application once the schema is
> defined or even before the application is started onLoad() to use this
> to get the classes from a XML schema file?
Is there any way using the xsd.exe tool to find out if a element or
attribute is required or what the minOccurs is?
0
navid (6)
9/25/2008 6:06:12 PM
Navid wrote:

>> xsd.exe is a command line tool so open up a Visual Studio 2008 command
>> prompt
>> Programs -> Visual Studio 2008 -> Visual Studio Tools -> Visual Studio
>> command prompt
>> and use xsd.exe from the command line.
>>
> Is it possible to use it inside an application?
> For example if i have a Windows Form application once the schema is
> defined or even before the application is started onLoad() to use this
> to get the classes from a XML schema file?

You would use xsd.exe while developing your application to infer the
class code files from the schema, then you would add the classes to your
project to compile and build them together with the rest of your
application.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

create a roster

Automatic Appling AR documents
- I'm looking for a routine that can be scheduled to run through all unapplied payments and auto-apply them for all customers within a GP10 Company. Any/all assistance is appreciated. Thanks Jon Jon, I believe the Microsoft Professional Services team has a tool for sale that will do this. Your GP Partner should be able to help you with details and pricing on this. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "JColesby" <jcolesby@gmail.com>...

Generating a document from Opportunity
Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle. What is the "best practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock and custom Opportunity fields? In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's history and attach the said merged document to that activity. Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated. Rich Scott Hi, Richard. I have the same question. I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from a...

xml schema, order unimportant

VLookup in other document
Here is my problem. Please help I have two documents A and B. In document A I have a table existing of codes and descriptions Range A1: B100 Column A contains codes, Column B contains descriptions In document B I want to lookup the description for a given code. I have a cell C10 containing the code and a cell C11 containing a formula =VLOOKUP(A1;'K:\Douane\Regressie\[RTScenario.xls]FxP'!$A$1:$B200;2) Till so far it works !! But I use this formula many times in my excel sheet and in many Excel documents, so if Ithe lokation of document A changes, I have to change all the for...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

Task Create - Status

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

How can I use strikethrough in a Publisher 2007 document?
I want to use strikethrough on some text within a textbox in a Publisher 2007 document, but I cannot find that option under formatting font. Under the Edit tab, I see "Edit Story Using Microsoft Word" and this takes me to a screen where I can get at the MSWord strikethrough formatting, but when I close that window, the strikethrough disappears. The only way to have strikethrough in Publisher is to select the line tool and draw a line through the text. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JoAnn" <JoAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49640...

Newbie: Return a xml-document to client
Hi I have a webservice that generates a xmldocument when you call it either from a .aspx-site or with http-GET. eg. http://...ws.asmx/method?arg1&arg2 I now want to present this xmldocument for the user i his/her webclient (eg Internet Explorer). I cannot return the xml-document as a dataset since " The same table (ContactAddress) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. at System.Data.DataRelation.CheckNestedRelations() " A problem with the datasets. Hence my xmldocument isn�t compatible with a dataset. My question is how i should solve this problem. I can retur...

when form created

XML DOM question
Hi All, I use XML DOM to read and write XML files. I did not find any specification whether or not XML DOM locks files for reading and writing at the moment it reads or writes to the file. I have a system where different applications can read and write from and to XML files using XML DOM, so it is important to me to know whether or not the file that is being read is locked for writing and vice versa. Does anybody can help me with this issue or refer to a proper article? Thanks a lot in advance. -- Mark. How about singlenton pattern in your situation? We can't use singlenton th...

Can't open excel documents
When I try to open an excel doc is 'stalls' ... getting stuck on 'virus scan' dialouge at the bottom of the sheet. I can open excel w/o a file and save one, but when I try opening an existing one, Excel simply won't do it and I eventually have to contl.alt.del. it in order to continue. Any ideas? ...

Creating a Brochure

Protection of document properties ..??
OK, not sure if this is possible but here goes ... I have created a master document in Excel, this will be used by hundreds of people, they will be changing the information within the document but what I need to do is protect the settings of the document e.g. the page setup, whilst still letting changes to the information contained within the document itself. Is there anyway of doing this ? Cheers. Password protect the entire document, then unprotect the user data areas ....? If users need to print off specific bits of it for their own use, create interdependant user pages including jus...

How to create Access macro shortcut