Create Diffgram Based on 2 Different XML Files or Data Sets

I have an xml file that my application downloads on a periodic basis. I also
have a dataset based on this that is used in the application. At present,
the application takes the new downloaded xml, creates a data set from that
and merges it with one in use. The ultimate goal is to have the update of
the primary data set trigger change events based on only data that has
changed (updates, additions, or deletions).

I am thinking that I need to generate a diffgram based on the current data
and the newly downloaded data and then apply that to the current dataset. Is
this the propper approach, and what is the best way to do this. I am seeing
some postings regarding an XMLDiffPath tool, but they are several yeares
old. How is this done now?

TIA
--
Howard Swope [ mailto:howard.swopeATnavteqDOTcom ]
Technical Lead

0
Howard

graphics in Publisher #2
When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Does the document print in toto? Have you gone to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and looked around for an updated driver? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmeeker" <cmeeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1EF4D42-295C-4BCF-A7D9-97362174FECF@microsoft.com... > When viewing my document in Print Preview, only graphics appear. Yes, the document does print. No, I haven't gone to the printer...

create a roster

Compile Error #2
I am currently using Excel 2002. I was given a file, apparently created in Excel 2003. When I try to access the file I get the following message: Compile error: Can't find project or library The developer believes this error is coming up because 2002 doesn't have the same "libraries" as 2003 and that I need to upgrade to 2003. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Does the file you have been given contain VBA code? If so, then it would seem that the original creator has 'referenced' another project or library in it. To explain, when this sheet has been create...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

2007 pst files
I just installed the 2007 update of Office. Everything installed fine, however I can't open Outlook. The error message says there are errors in my Personal Folders.pst. and to use Scanpst.exe to repair it. I can't find the file. I did a search and also looked in the Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 folder - it's not there. How do I get the file and will this work with 2007? Thanks jan it should be located at following.. drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices wiersma7, you wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:49:20 ...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Restoring Exchange server on a different computer / hardware
I am having a major headache trying to get exhange server online on a diffrent computer / hardware. I follow this microsoft advice http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=822945&product=exch2003 The problem I ran into was that it will not mount the information storage group. The article states that I must Restore the Site Replication Service (SRS) database from the Exchange 2003 server backup. Now I am perplex, as I do not know what that is exactly. I thought, that all I had to do was restore the backup of the information store. How do I backup (SRS) and then restore it? i...

xml schema, order unimportant

Inserting rows with Data, Formula's and Validation
Hi all, I posted this twice earlier today, but it hasn't appeared so if it triple post please forgive! I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE)))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info"))...

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Decimal Places #2
I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: =TEXT(cell,"#.#") To show numbers in a 0.0 format. However, when I get to one figure 20.0 - it displays it as 20. rather than as 20.0 (which is how I would like it to be displayed). Does anyone know how to display the information in this format?? Try this: =TEXT(cell,"0.0") Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 25, 9:50 am, BoRed79 <BoRe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to use the following formula to display a text version of a number: > > =TEXT(cell,"#....

Create external database

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created