coping with empty excel cells in the xml document #2

Hi
I have an xml document that has been created from an excel spreadsheet.  In
the s/s there are some empty cells however these are not captured in the xml
file.  All that is added is for the cell after where the empty cell should
be, it has an extra attribute: "ss:Index="6", where it is the 6th cell in
the row, and cell 5 had no entry.

I'm wanting to pick out a particular cell from a particular column however
just iterating through the cells is going to give me invalid values where
there should have been empty cells.

Does anyone know how to handle this?

I've tried checking to see if there are attributes, and if there are if the
name is "ss:Index" and comparing the value of this attribute to a loop
counter i've created however this is very fiddly and long winded.

Thanks
Wend

0
sprayw2 (5)

macro to look for empty cell
What is the code for a makro to look for the first empty cell in column A? ...

Excel Predicts
When I type data into a cell sometimes Excel assumes I want something I typed previously. Such as, 14b might be entered two cells up, but now I just want to type 14. Excel puts the b in there whether I want it or not. I looked through all of the windows to try and find out how to change this, but I didn't see anything. How do I keep this from happening? Now let's say I want to keep the feature. What is the easiest way to get rid of the b? Thanks. It sounds like you have autocomplete turned on. Tools|Options|Edit Tab|Uncheck "enable autocomplete for cell values" Re...

recover corrupted excel 2007 file
Hi - I didn't safely remove my usb device and now 3 of my excel files are corrupted. No readable data, just gobbledy gook. For some reasons there also seems to be an extra 'X' to the file extension. eg. .xlsx. Can anyone help me to recover as my accounting assignment took me 4 hours to complete with a lot of formulaes. Hi , You could open the files save them as .xml open the new xml files save them as xls "Loz" <Loz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A14B258-16A7-4185-AD7E-A46905519EEB@microsoft.com... > Hi - I didn't safely re...

Not all of my fonts are showing up in Excel
I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5naWU=?=" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:13E2A5E8-C7C9-4E36-B8E2-177117908C57@microsoft.com: > I have looked in my Fonts Folder (in the Control Panel) and the font > is listed in there. But, when I open Excel, the font is not available > in the dropdown box. What do i do to fix this? > Is the font available in other Office apps? I found some in...

how to use the function sorting in excel
can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel. thank you "excel2003" wrote: > can you help me on how to use the function sorting in excel For a good start, suggest you try Excel's help, Click Help>Microsoft Excel Help, search for: sorting The fundamentals are all there. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- Data>Sort then accomadate your data accordinly. Or Data>Filter>Autofilter in order to use dropdown list to sort. -- Can''''t hear the Rain ? Then listen to it. "excel2003" wrote: &...

Circular logging question #2
If I create a new store with circular logging enabled, do I still need to restart the information store service? Thank you. Circular logging is activated at the Storage Group level. The GUI will prompt you to take all DBs offline and then online. Circular should never be used on back end servers. /Simon "justsimplequestions" <sigmatechnology@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:1173981863.481309.98010@o5g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > If I create a new store with circular logging enabled, do I still need > to restart the information store service? > > Thank yo...

excel #103
How do I add hours and minutes? The Admiral wrote: > How do I add hours and minutes? To what? Just format the c ells as time and add them . -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "The Admiral" <The Admiral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F881D7F-CE70-403D-82D8-2AD41F7C0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do I add hours and minutes? Times are stored as a fraction of a 24-hour day (06:00 = 0.25, 12:00 = 0.5, 18:00 = 0.75, etc), so you can add them as you would ordinary numbers. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consul...

Is there a way to insert photos into excel at a specific size?
I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to the same size. Can it be inserted at a predesignated size to prevent from having to size each individual photo? Maybe you could start with this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3E1F6985.69EF880%40msn.com (watch out for line wrap in the first response--it's discussed in the later posts.) srvwannabe wrote: > > I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to > know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to t...

A2007 Export to Excel
I have the following code....which works perfectly in A2003, and works if Im opening a A2003 in A2007...but if I try to run it in a pure A2007 database it craps out. Here is the code: Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet Dim xlWorkbook As Excel.Workbook Dim objRST As Recordset Dim strQueryName As String Dim strSheetName As String strQueryName = "ExcelStatus" strSheetName = Me.Status Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application") xlApp.Visible = True Set xlWorkbook = xlApp.Workbooks.Add Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qdf As DAO...

Coping Formulas
I have put a conditional format formula to high light duplicate entries. The problem is for each cell it has changed the range values in the formula. In order for it to work I need the ranges to stay the same as in the first cell. It works if I manually go to each cell and change the ranges in the conditional format, but there are a lot of rows and I don't want to go to each one. Thanks for any help. Chance hi, try this go to the cell which contains the correct formula for your conditional formatting, in the conditional formatting dialog window change the cell reference to fo...

Access an excel file through FTP without write protection
Hi experts I placed a question yesterday - approximately 28 hours ago - nobody have reacted on it - please tell me if you don't understand my question because my English is to bad. thanks jj ...

Newbie Question #2
I just created a spreadsheet. Before adding data, I highlighted columns c,e,f,h etc (one at a time) and clicked on the $ to make these columns display as currency. I then entered quite a bit of data. While entering the data, it appeared as currency. After entering all of the data, I began trying to sum a column. At this point in time, the data seems to have lost its currency format, e.g., where two dollars and twenty-seven cents formerly appeared as $2.27 it now appeared as 2.27 and it was left justified. All efforts to highlight the column, or even to work with a single cell, and...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Simple Template excel for Books
I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks "=?Utf-8?B?c2FtLWM=?=" <samc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8084980B-1561-4FD2-8EDD-1ED87A945CA7@microsoft.com: > I need free Excel Template for my list of reading Books, Thanks > Have a look here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) ...

A Word Macro to VLookup a Range in Excel
Hi, With a combination of VLOOKUP and MATCH formulas in Excel I'm able to grab a cell's value from a multi-row, multi-column range. But I can do this only from within Excel. The formulas look like these: =IF($H$4="",0,VLOOKUP($H$4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF($I$4="","REG",$I$4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0)*IF($J$4="","1",$J$4)) and =IF(H4="",0,(VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH("REG",$A$1:$E$1,0),0)-VLOOKUP(H4,$A$1:$E$50,MATCH(IF(I4="","REG",I4),$A$1:$E$1,0),0))*IF(J4="","1",J4...

excel formulas #2
Can someone help me with how to create a formula that looks at one cell and based upon the number in that cell (if statement) then gives me another number? example: If cell c4 contains the number 1; then how can I have cell a8 look at cell c4 and give me the number 1 (other than a link) / then have cell a9 look at cell c4 if it contains the number 2 to then give me the number 2.................... I need a formula to look at a cell that will contain a number from 1 to 5 or above and then accoridingly give me a coresponding number to reflect if that number is 1,2,3,4 or 5. Each cel...

Excel Sort
I'm having trouble getting data sorted for an entire year's worth of data. If I highlight the entire year, it won't sort. A box pops up saying "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized." What is happening? Don't use merged cells in the sort. I strongly recommend never to use merged cells, you can basically get the same layout in most cases and down the road you will avoid headaches -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "EJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54ae01c3e505$8378b8f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >...

Is this possible with excel?
Hi, I wondered if any of the excel experts could tell me how to do the following if it is possible... Column A is a Time formatted column and Column P is a number formatted column as per the example below.... A P 13:20 4 13:20 6 13:20 6 13:20 8 13:20 9 13:20 10 13:20 11 13:50 2 13:50 3 13:50 4 13:50 5 13:50 6 13:50 8 14:20 1.25 14:20 1.75 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 3 14:20 5 14:20 6 14:20 7 What am I trying to do automatically either with a macro or by programming is as follows: Highlight by formatting the bg colour of the cell green the top four values in column P fo...

lovely #2
hi how do you do? bye ...

Is there a way to transfer a style by cell referrence in a formula
I wish to copy the contents of some cells into other cells by cell referrence (formulas) but don't know how to copy the styles at the same time. Is there a way to do this without having to copy styles one cell or cell group at a time ? Hi formulas can't copy formats -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Binki55_CanYouHearMeNow" <Binki55_CanYouHearMeNow@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:456111AD-9437-4CE0-B6C9-71A4CAE2EE2B@microsoft.com... > I wish to copy the contents of some cells into other cells by cell referrence > (formulas) bu...

XMLTransform converts short empty tags to empty long tags

Excel #145
How to convert a name which is typed in capital letter to Proper in excel? Hi Krishna, A1: KRISHNA B1: = Proper(A1) ====> Krishna --- Regards, Norman "Krishna" <Krishna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6530664C-C609-48F1-BC93-C2391978EAB6@microsoft.com... > How to convert a name which is typed in capital letter to Proper in excel? ...

Importing Excel Spreadsheet with hyperlinks
Is there an easy way to import Hyperlinks that are created in Excel into Access? I am creating an Access database instead of using Excel - there are several hundred hyperlinks in the excel spreadsheet. When I import the spreadsheets, the link does not import properly. I have to edit every single hyperlink. Please tell me there is an easier way to do this! Thank you ...

How do I paste data into filtered list in Excel?
I'm trying to copy data from an unfiltered list and paste it into a filtered list. I want the data to be pasted into the filtered rows only but they are pasted into the hidden rows as well. Is there a function I can use to get the data pasted into the filtered rows only? When you paste, the data is pasted in to a contiguous range, even if the sheet is filtered. Perhaps you could use a new column to mark the filtered rows, unfilter, sort on the new column, and paste into the marked rows. DanBomb wrote: > I'm trying to copy data from an unfiltered list and paste it into a filt...

bookmarking in Excel
I'd like to be able to jump to a specific spot in a spreadsheet which has been saved as .htm. For exapmle, I'd like to be able to use HREF="stuff.htm#books" to jump straight to a spot containing books in the stuff.htm spreadsheet. I've named ranges and thought that would solve the problem. I don't really want to have to open up the spreadsheet.htm and manually insert these jump-to locations every time I save the spreadsheet anew. If you are a guru of posting spreadsheets to the web, please help. Thanks - Bob Arrgh! I just went through the spreadsheet and...