Converting Font style string into Font

Hello,

I want to convert styles from a String to a Form object.

So  ifound that i can use FontConverter that will do just that... as
in the help:

    // Create the FontConverter.
    TypeConverter converter =
TypeDescriptor.GetConverter(typeof(Font));
    Font font = (Font) converter.ConvertFromString("Arial, 12pt");

except that it only seems ot take FontFamily and FontSize, but won't
understand FontStyle (Bold, Italic etc...)

Does anyone know of a converter that does it all?

Thanks for help!

I guess I had my string syntax wrong...

it has to be

FontFamily, FontSize[Units],[style=style1[,...

It works fine now.

how to convert date

Convert text to time value

Comment Font #2
Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change it to read it. Where is the setting to change this to a different font size. I am using Windows XP and Office 2003. Thanks for the help. Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default Craig wrote: > > Where do you chage the font default for a comment box. Each time I insert a > cooment box into excel, it defaults to a font size of 8 and I have to change > it to read it. Where is th...

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

How to allcate an array of strings dynamically
Hi I am doing a project which is using ATL,COM and WTL(not using MFC).here I need to take an array of _bstr_t values.But I don't know the array size.it will be varying.I can not keep a specific size on this array.I don't know how to allocate an array dynamically.will anybody plz help me with sample code for how to do this.It will be a great help for me.I know this is a MFC group and I am not using MFC,I have already posted in in ATL group twice,but no answer.So I am frustrated now.Plz help me if u can.Thanks in advance Hi Rindam, I think it would be easier for you to store pointe...

XML Note convert to DataSet

Font color automatic does not work in Excel
In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something wrong? You're not doing anything wrong. Excel doesn't change the automatic font colour if the cell is filled with a dark colour. Eric Jan van de Veen wrote: > In MS Word 2003, Font Color Automatic changes to white when selecting a dark > Fill Color. In MS Excel 2003, Font Color Automatic always appears to be black > independently from Fill Color. Am I doing something...

Office 2010 display font not the same as Office 2003
If I open a Word 2003 document in a window and then the same document in Word 2010 window, and put them side by side, there is a big difference in the display. The 2010 document is hard to read because the letters are very thin. Can this be modified? I have tried this on my machines at home and do not see the difference. Have you updated your display driver lately? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious h...

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Convert

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...