Converting an object into an XmlNode

Hi,

Is there a clean way to build up an XML Node from an
object?

What I am presently doing to create the node is:
1. Create a StringWriter and then use XmlSerializer to
serialize the object into that StringWriter.
2. Create a new XmlDocument called tempDoc and call
tempDoc.LoadXml(stringWriter.ToString())
3. Create an XmlNode by calling myDoc.ImportNode
(tempDoc.LastChild, true)

Then I call AppendChild() to add this new node into the
correct position in myDoc.

Is there a cleaner way to do this? For example, is there
an XmlNodeWriter or equivalent?

Thanks
Hari

0
anonymous (74722)

Hari Menon wrote:

> Is there a cleaner way to do this? For example, is there
> an XmlNodeWriter or equivalent?

Sure. Have you tried to google for "XmlNodeWriter"?
--
Oleg Tkachenko
http://www.tkachenko.com/blog

There are also some other implementations floating around.

Does this mean that the only clean way of doing this is
to write my own impl (or copy over an existing one) of
XmlNodeWriter????

_
hari

0
anonymous (74722)

> I did do the search and had found that the XmlNodeWriter
> is not a supported class from Microsoft. There's an impl
> in gotdotnet.
>
> There are also some other implementations floating around.
>
> Does this mean that the only clean way of doing this is
> to write my own impl (or copy over an existing one) of
> XmlNodeWriter????

What's wrong with using XmlNodeWriter from gotdotnet? It's been
developed by Microsoft XML architect actually and proven to be stable
and robust.
--
Oleg Tkachenko
XML Insider

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Convert Access97 to 2000

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

XML Note convert to DataSet

Run-time Error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method
Hello, does anyone see a problem with the following code? SelectInfo is defined as: Sub SelectInfo(ballotWkst As Worksheet)...Thanks!! Sub ImportOnBehalfOf() Dim wkbknum, thisnum As Integer Dim wkst As Worksheet Dim wkbk As Workbook For wkbknum = 1 To (Workbooks.Count - 1) For Each wkst In Workbooks(wkbknum).Worksheets If wkst.Name = "Ballot" Then SelectInfo (wkst) '<--doesn't like this line End If Next Next End Sub Waht happens if you either remove the parentheses or change it to us...

What does "object not found" mean for send/receive?
I try to send/receive in outlook and get the following message: "Operation Failed. Object not found". Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated Dear send/receive error message: After searching for replys to our problem, I found the following reply to a message posted on 4/26/06. I tried what it says and it worked! I then hit send/receive and all my messages from comcast server were downloaded into my MS O and I was able to send messages. I hope this will help you too. Read on. Go to this link and you will see the solution. try here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.a...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005

Convert

Numbers converting to decimal

Converting Quicken 2004 to Money

ATL Object suspend Dialog main thread?
I make a dialog with a progress bar in it, and I create a Timer to change the progress's status. When some button pressed, a long term process is called in another work thread. In the work thread a ATL COM object's method is called, this method is the long term process. But it seemed the ATL COM object's method suspend the dialog's thread, and the OnTimer is never called until the work thread is finished. I found a article "OnTimer never gets called in the dialog box." yesterday, but it was not suit for me. the code is like this: class CMyDlg : public CDialog { ...

Converting from AOL to Outlook

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Problem with AFX_THREAD_STATE class converting from VS6.0 to VS.NET 2003
I have inherited some code that works in VS6.0. It has code snippets like the following: _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); pThreadState->m_nLastHit = 0; and _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThreadState(); CToolTipCtrl* pToolTip = pThreadState->m_pToolTip; It then does things with these values. In VS.NET, there is no member variable in _AFX_THREAD_STATE that corresponds to m_nLastHit or m_pToolTip. Have these been replaced by something similar in VS.NET 2003 that I can use? #if (_MFC_VER < 0x0700) _AFX_THREAD_STATE* pThreadState = AfxGetThrea...

Convert English language document to Hindi
Is there any software available to convert an English language text document to Hindi language document by using dictionary based translation (not transliteration). For example: The sentence : My name is Joseph Should be converted to : ???? ??? ????? ?? ...

Converting Hours an minutes just into minutes #2
Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the cells. Thank you Select the cell and change the format to: [m] -- Gary's Student "Six Sigma Blackbelt" wrote: > Is thier a formula to use to change hous and minutes, just into minutes ex: > 01:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes) into 90 minutes. And how do you format the > cells. > > Thank you ...

How can I embed a file as an unopened object in a worksheet or wo.
I want ot place Word, pdf, and other documents into a spreadsheet as objects that can be opened by clicking the icon. Have you tried Insert|object Goat Boy wrote: > > I want ot place Word, pdf, and other documents into a spreadsheet as objects > that can be opened by clicking the icon. -- Dave Peterson ...

converting chart to spreadsheet?
how can i revert back to my spreadsheet from a chart? thanks You mean you have a chart but don't have the data it was created from? This article in the Microsoft knowledge base describes a macro that will extract data from a chart. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;137016 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "excel chart" <excel chart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E415558-89B6-457B-A340-2A8CE2BA5521@microsoft.com... > how can i revert back to my s...

graphics converter not working
I am using Publisher 2000 to create a newsletter. It has been going well but now that I'm ready to insert pictures from files, it won't work. I get the message saying that Publisher can't convert this picture (it's either that it doesn't recognize the format or there was an error installing the graphics converter and to go to to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Highlight the Publisher program and choose "Change". When prompted, choose "Add Features". Then be sure to select to run ALL from your computer so that everything is...

LINQ -able objects?
string myname="Raj"; int myage=35; Both the variables are made of collections characters. Which one is the ideal candidate for LINQ query-able object? How to check whether a particular object is LINQ query-able at runtime? Does it need to implement any interface implicitly or explicitly?? Thank you Regards Raj Raj wrote: > string myname="Raj"; > int myage=35; > > Both the variables are made of collections characters. The second one isn't. The 35 is how it's represented in the code and displayed, but in memory there is no 3 an...