Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset

I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of
converting an XML document to a dataset.

I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I  am loading the
Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date.
Currently the dates are being treated as strings.
0
ree32 (9)

ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>...
> I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of
> converting an XML document to a dataset.
>
> I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I  am loading the
> Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date.
> Currently the dates are being treated as strings.

Anyonee ???
0
ree32 (9)

Odd date problem
I'm reposting this as this is a very strange problem in Access. I'm using 2003. After my entry is an entry by missinglinq via AccessMonster.com who was able to reproduce the error. Looking forward to comments/fixes. Thanks, Rob I have the following in the DblClick event for the control CaseStart which is a date/time field. The problem is that once the control is double clicked the form remains in edit mode, even though I've told it not be editable. Additionally, when the control is double clicked, it shoudn't enter in the time until the Edit button has been clicked o...

Convert text to time value

how to convert date

How to Convert UTC to localTIme(C# )

largest value of field in query output
I have a query that pulls all the records from a table. For example, the query outputs the following: TITLE REV POSITION DATE methodA / 0 / tech / july 5 methodA / 1 / tech / july 10 methodB / 0 / tech / july 5 methodB / 1 / tech / july 10 methodB / 2 / tech / july 12 methodC / 0 / tech / july 6 methodC / 1 / ...

creating custom fields for contacts
I want to create custom fields in the 'details' section of contacts. I was able to create a new section but when select the 'Add Fields' I can only choose from the fields created by Microsoft. Ideally I would like to be able to create a custom field and determine if it needed a pull-down or user entry or user selected (like a simple yes/no) Is this possible? Thanks Rob Jayson Hi Rob, It is very easy to create custom fields and include them in existing forms. You can create new fields or attributes as they are called, by clicking on Settings->Customization-> ...

Excel: Auto converting text to numbers

Sharing a excel document over the internet
Hey everyone, I am looking to improve a few things with a client of mine. I have an excel worksheet(office 2000, but we coudl also purchase office xp if needed) which contains work that i have to do for my client. What i would like to do is setup an excel doc that would inform us(depending who modifies the document) that there were changes made (like in outlook or something). Example: he writes that he wants me to install 2 new computers in section d(whatever) of the office. HE then saves the excel file, and outlook automatically sends me a notice that it has been modified. I then double ...

Unintended field "expression 1006" in the query grids
Hello, When I open my query, there is an unintended field "Expr 1006". I do not know why is this automatically created. Anyone tells me, why this happened. -- H. Frank Situmorang Hi Frank this usually means that you put the same field into the query twice. Jeanette Cunningham "Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2CF86F30-0E4D-499B-9FE0-D62BF450BC57@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > When I open my query, there is an unintended field "Expr 1006". I do not > know why is this automatically created. Anyone tells me, w...

Can I use the value of a field as predeterminate value of another.
I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath center. For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another "working" (the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days, the "owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of "owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible? Thank you Not directly in the tables. You could do this in a form by making the value of one text box the default value of another text box. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access M...

Convert Access97 to 2000

Dates not correct
How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 days in days. 2 years, 11 months, 49 days See this for examples: http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Biff <belczyk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177357276.085439.98020@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > How do I get my DateDif output to reflect the correct 30 days in a > month. Im getting 49 days, it should be pulled to the months and 19 > days in days. > > > 2 years, 11 months, 49 days > ...

Convert 2000 Calendar to web page

Add help text to a form field?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd like to give people instructions about how to fill in form fields in the form itself. I tried &quot;adding help text,&quot; but nothing shows up in the form field. Is what I am trying to do possible, and, if so, what am I doing wrong? What you're using appears in the Status Bar when the field is accessed. Unless people know to look there it does practically no good. IMHO it's more effective to include instructional text as default content for the field or provide explicit labeling in an adjacent table c...

Outbox displays Received Date
Need some help on this one. I'm using Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP machine and for some odd reason the Outbox now displays the "Received" date and the Inbox displays the "Sent" date. How do i correct this. It seems to be hidden in the PST file because when I login on a different machine it shows the same thing. Right click on the column headers and choose the "Field Chooser". Drag the field you want to see from the Field Chooser into the column headers area. Drag column headers you don't want to see away from the column headers. "Lee" ...

Memo Fields
I'm trying to collect data for a multiple record update and place it into a memo field. The application steps through a record set compiling the data to a text box on a form while not eor Me![Text1] = Me![Text1] & ", " & Me![RecordData] Wend This works fine. When I look at Me![Text1] after the While loop all the data is correct. I then place this filed into a table using a simple append query, but when I look in the table the information is truncated with many non-alpha charaters at the end. Any thoughts? On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:54:01 -0800, Justin <Justin...

Invoice Due Date #2
Hello, I'm using Money Small Business 2006 and need some help. How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically use the date that the invoice is created on. All help appreciated. Thank you. > How can I specify the due date on a invoice? It seems to automatically > use the date that the invoice is created on. Below the Line Item table there is a link "To add or edit billing and shipping addresses, notes, or other information, go to the Invoice Details". Click that link and you can specify the Payment Terms. I don't see where to specify a cet...

XML Note convert to DataSet

How to allcate an array of strings dynamically
Hi I am doing a project which is using ATL,COM and WTL(not using MFC).here I need to take an array of _bstr_t values.But I don't know the array size.it will be varying.I can not keep a specific size on this array.I don't know how to allocate an array dynamically.will anybody plz help me with sample code for how to do this.It will be a great help for me.I know this is a MFC group and I am not using MFC,I have already posted in in ATL group twice,but no answer.So I am frustrated now.Plz help me if u can.Thanks in advance Hi Rindam, I think it would be easier for you to store pointe...

Convert

Format a concantated text string
Sorry if this is boring but I'm stuck. I have a cell that counts something, it also has a piece of text at the front of the count but I want the count to be formatted as currency and it won't. ="Major "&COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245 I've tried ="Major "& Format(COUNTIF(C:C,"Major")*245****) but I can't get it right and think it's a VBA command! Help please! Thanks Dean -- dkso@ntlworld.com http://www.dkso.co.uk/ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dkso Thank you! Dean "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretisca...

Problem converting from Quicken to M2005