Child elements cant have the name

Hi ,
I need an article(Page URL) that shows
that child elements on the same level cant have the same name(Validation is
illegal...)....
for example :
<Parent>
    <item/>
    <item/>
    <item/>
</Parent>

Thanks....

Leeor Chernov wrote:

> I need an article(Page URL) that shows
> that child elements on the same level cant have the same name(Validation is
> illegal...)....
> for example :
> <Parent>
>     <item/>
>     <item/>
>     <item/>
> </Parent>

If you want to write a schema only allowing a single item child then use
e.g.
   <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" version="1.0">
     <xs:element name="Parent">
       <xs:complexType>
         <xs:sequence>
           <xs:element name="item"/>
         </xs:sequence>
       </xs:complexType>
     </xs:element>
   </xs:schema>
With that schema exactly one item element is both allowed and necessary.
No item element or several item elements are invalid.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

un-group and un-constrain all the class diagram elements
Hi. I have an UML class diagram that I have to paste inside another Visio diagram. The destination diagram is not UML, it's A3 printed sheet formatted to match some rules (borders, table for description in the corner etc). I want to make class digram bigger and then make it better visually - e.g. move some labels around and resize stuff. However there are problems, namely (as in the original class diagram) I cannot move connection end labels around and I cannot change block height. I tried all kinds of options like disabling the protection, adding to new layers etc, but nothing seems to ...

Named Ranges
I posted this earlier, but it went in a different direction... I have several workbooks where I replaced array formulas with named ranges to pull data from a tab that imports data from an Access database. There were several thousand of these formulas. An example would be: =IF($D$97<=E$11,IF($B$5>=E$12,SUM(IF((Subdivision=$B$3)*(Builder=$B28)*(Date >=E$9)*(Date<F$9),(Count),0)),""),"") I created the names since I wanted to have a dynamic range of values to search since the database would return varying rows of data depending on what was input in the database...

Can't open any yahoo webpage and cant connect to yahoo messenger.
None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont let me sign in. Please help...would really appreciate it! -- maebee90 On Feb 21, 6:11=A0am, maebee90 <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote: > None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual > runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to > log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont >...

incorrect report from parent/child subform.
All, On page 1 of a tabcontrol there are project data fields (table project), on the second page there is subform with project related documents (table documents). This subform has a parent/childlink (projectID) which is in the project table and in the documents table. On the 3rd tabpage I have some buttons for reports. I use the below code to preview the report. which should only give the related documents form the project. However it give the correct project data but not the related documents... Private Sub Command134_Click() 'generate print preview. DoCmd.OpenQuery &...

How do I use cell reference instead of name in a formula?
I have a spreadsheet I am using for financial statements. In one area, I have to create sub-totals based on the rows above. The problem is that some of the cells are set up as named ranges for use elsewhere, and some are not. As a result, the formulas for my sub-totals contain both names and cell references. When I try to copy these formulas to adjacent cells for other months, some formula components change (eg. C35 becomes D35) while others don't (eg. Jan_Sales stays as Jan_Sales). This makes a complicated edit, overly prone to errors. It is also not something I am comfortable tu...

cant send email...
to whom it may concern, I am not able to send email using windows mail.i have in the past tried to send stuff with no luck and now trying to send video mail and keep getting this message: The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'previous correspondence',Account: 'POP3' , Server: 'SMTP' , Protocol: SMTP, Port:25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D If you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it "David Scott" <stickersmcqueen@liv...

Remove child domain after child domain DC has failed
Active Directory: Domain Functional Level: 2008 Forest Functional Level: 2003 I used to have a dev domain, which was a child domain of our production domain (dev.domain_name.local). This dev domain had a single domain controller and that domain controller has died. Now I would like to remove that dev child domain from my production domain to get rid of the event log errors on my production domain controllers. Has anyone seen an article on how to remove a child domain from active directory when there is no DC to demote? -- thanks, Jeff Winters, Rimrock Corpor...

Creating a parent/child relationship for vendors
Hello, Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great plains? We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the vendors associated with the contractors be the children. This way when we write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child vendors information as well. I'm new to the world of Great Plains. If this is an absurd question, please excuse... Thanks, Med Look at the p...

Child windows caption is grayed
Hi. I'm writing an ActiveX control that is a MDI application runing in the Web browser. The MDI main frame window is a child of an OLE control window, it has no caption . When I create a MDI child window its cption is grayed. How can I give them the regular look. Thanks in advance. Hi, Gennady Lisiansky wrote: > I'm writing an ActiveX control that is a MDI application > runing in the Web browser. The MDI main frame window is a > child of an OLE control window, it has no caption . When I > create a MDI child window its cption is grayed. > How can I give them the ...

Parent vs Child
Is there a way when making an on hand report to just show the Parent for all items instead of it seperating all out in the different "child" items? Hi CT, I'm editor of the Microsoft Business Solutions Community site (www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community) and we're having a Microsoft developer from the RMS team answer questions like yours on ITEMS this week. We'll post the answers to the site the week of 9/8 (though if you like, I can fwd the answer to you sooner). Would you like me to pass your question on to Jimmy Wong, the MSFT developer doing this ...

Difficulties with named range
I have a single cell named BRHCTS in several excel files. It indicates the bottom-right-hand-corner of the range I am interested in. The upper right hand corner is always the cell A10. Therefore, the range I want to copy from each of my files (into a consolidated worksheet) is "A10:BRHCTS". Can anyone advise me how I can do that without opening the source files? Thanks. If you want to select/copy/do something on the range in vba, you'll need something like this Range("A10:"&Range("BRHCTS").address) If you want to copy these ranges from multiple c...

add namespaces to elements ?

Outlook Web Aerver Name
I replaced the company's email server (W2K) and Exchange 2003 with a new server (W2003) and Exchange 2003. I moved all the email accounts to the new server and all the accounts can send/receive fine. I removed the old exchange server per the microsoft knowledgebase article. Some of our users are strictly OWA for email and when they log in to OWA some can use the name of the new exchange server and some have to use the name of the old exchange server. Both server were on the same domain. Any ideas on why? Thanks sounds like you have a dns/ip address problem to me. maybe a caching iss...

naming cells in multiple worksheets
I have 12 worksheets in the same book, one for each month. Eac worksheet is identical in the format. The only difference is the dat it contains, some formulas, and the name on the tab. I wanted to nam all the individual cells in the header row. Is it possible to have the same cell name reference all 12 worksheet or am I going to have to give each cell in each worksheet a uniqu name? My goal was to reference a cell name and which ever worksheet wa active at the time it would go to that cell. Thanks, Crai -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

dynamically building references to named ranges
OK. I've searched and don't see anything quite like what I'm trying to do. And in composing this and trying a few more things I've solved the problem, but thought I'd post it in any case. In a nutshell, I have created named ranges for each staff member in a calendar sort of workbook to track staff time of various sorts ( vacation, training, etc... ). I have named the ranges in a standard way, fname_Linitial_YY Now, I'd like to use these ranges in a simple "dashboard", which will report on the totals available and used, for each of the types of "out time...

cant view gif using Windows Photo Gallery
I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would revert to being opened in Explorer remedies? -- obnuchious Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com On Dec 15, 9:10=A0am, obnuchious <obnuchious.438...@no- mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote: > I have no idea how it happened but Windows Photo Gallery wont open my > gif images. Even when I use Default Programs in Control Panel, it would > revert to being opened in Explorer > > remedies? > > -- > obnuchiou...

Query for Parent containing only ONE type of child
I am trying to find all offices that contain just ONE type of member. Each office can contain many types of members but I want to find those that have just one type. I need to be able to assign (within the code) the type I'm looking for too. Thx, Warren ORGANIZATION OrgID (pk) OrgName MEMBERS MemID (pk) MemberName OrgID (fk) How do you identify the type of member? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADE55ECC-F037-4F07-8DE3-C8A007D257F0@microsof...

how do i convert names to initials in excel
I have a list of names in excel such as Bill Smith Joe Bloggs Jock McTavish The entire name (forename and surname) is contained in one cell. The forename and surname are "space" delimited. How do I convert the forenames to initials so that the list will read B Smith J Bloggs J McTavish Thanks Dave Glynn =LEFT(A1,1)&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)+1) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "dave glynn" <daveglynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B94FC187-C242-4518-8F3D-1F7CDBBF65B2@microsoft.com... >I have a li...

Trying to get the contents of an element
Here's what I'm trying to do. Given this XML file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?><Software><Action>xxx</Action><Organization>WHS</Organization></Software> I want to extract the contents of the <Organization> tags, that is "WHS". Instead, all I get is "true" or "false". Here is the code: Private Function ValidateSWFields(ByVal pSoftwareFile As String) As String Dim strOrg As String Dim objDoc As New XmlDocument objDoc.LoadXml(pSoftwareFile) Dim tag As XmlNo...

Refer to childs of user control.
Hello. In VB.NET 2008 : I created a user control. The user control has label (one of its components). I want : When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the label control alone, make events on it, or change the label text. How can I do that ? Thanks :) Am 15.04.2010 00:25, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > In VB.NET 2008 : > I created a user control. > The user control has label (one of its components). > I want : > When using the final user control by the IDE, I shall be able to pick up the > label control alone, > ma...

Spellchecker for function names
I occasionally misspell function names, so a spellchecker for function names would be a nice replacement for the #NAME? error message, which beginners find disturbing. -- Kristoffer Andreas Berg Programmer on a hobby basis http://home.online.no/~gunnarab ...

Find User Object based on Logon Name
I need to find the location of the user object in AD based on the Logon Name IE: I have: JDoe123 (the logon name) I need: LDAP://cn=JohnDoe,ou=users,ou=aaa,ou=bbb,ou=ccc,DC=xxx thanks! By the way - a clarification: i dont know what ou the object is in, so i can not assume it lives in ou=users,ou=aaa,ou=bbb,ou=ccc,DC=xxx "pk" <pk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6CD335-545E-48DE-80DB-0E2E351AA177@microsoft.com... >I need to find the location of the user object in AD based on the Logon >Name > > IE: > I have: > ...

Name Change Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0076_01C4B6BC.5E9F94C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ex-Admins: I setup a lab test where I created a user account to see what would = happen if I change the name, alias, email address,etc. Everything seemed OK, except when i send an email out to somebody, the = FROM field doesn't change, it still reads as if it's the old name. For example: The original username =3D john test, alias =3D jtest, email =3D = jtest@company.com, AD object name =3D john ...

Open a child process window within a (child) frame
Hallo! I am to write a kind of meta-application, i.e. an application which provides it's own funcionality and is able to "open" a bunch of external applications. I could imagine that the meta-application is a MFC MDI app, say meta.exe, which, when it opens an external exe, say a.exe, shows the main window of a.exe not as a popup window, but as a child of some MDI child frame instead. (Hope I could make it clear what I wish to do.) Simple means like CreateProcess or ShellExecuteEx cannot achieve such a behaviour. So what would be the best way to implement it? Hello. :) The thi...

Delete Record #Name?
Hi, I've got a Main form with two subforms, 1 & 2. 1 is based on a query that is joined to the underlying table that 2 is used to enter data for. I added a button to Form 2 which deletes the current record from this table. Form 1 requeries On Current and after I've deleted a record and the Requery fires On Current, all of the records are replaced with #Name?. I've tried using Me.Refresh and Me.Requery to alleviate the problem, but the only way to solve it is the close the form and then reopen it.... It seems there must be a way to code the requerying of the underlying data b...