CheckSignature Slow!!

Hi,

Using checkSignature is very slow. Any fix for this?
I have found a possible solution at:
http://www.themssforum.com/Framework/SignedXmlCheckSignature-very/

.... but I don't like the idea of modifying every machine.config out there!

Is there another workaround?

Thanks,

Ramiro
0
roliva (1)

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

Office seems to be slow
"How to troubleshoot Office for Mac documents that open slower than expected" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892959 The article describes various things that can cause Office 2004 to be slow and offers suggestions on how to speed things up. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> ...

Slowness
Hi, Excel has become very slow. I have Norton Anti-Virus and Excel says that it is checking for viruses in the bottom left corner of the screen. But it sits there for several seconds before it starts checking for viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim I now use AVG but, as I recall, you can tell norton NOT to check excel. Look in options and preferences, etc. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jim Cannon" <jamescannon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:uprzHaaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Excel has become very slow. I have Norton Ant...

Slow Outlook #4
I have a user whose Outlook 2000 starts slow. When he gets into Outlook, writing a new email, going to the calendar, etc. is also slow. I scanned for viruses and spyware but got nothing. I thought the problem was network related but he can browser the network and open files at normal speeds. Any ideas what would slow Outlook down and nothing else? Thanks, John ...

Excel slows down for no(?) reason...
I have a spreadsheet that is getting fairly large. It is a history of sales for the last few months. It is about 100 columns wide, and I add about 200 rows daily. I'm mainly doing vlookups and sorts with this file, and I have never had any problems with sort times. Monday, I put in about 500 of them to get caught up from the weekend, ad it now takes about 3-4 times as long to sort even one column (much less three!). I have no formulas in the file (I always copy/paste values when I'm done with it to get rid of the vlookup formulas I pasted for the day), and at any time, there is o...

GP 10 sometimes becomes slow to the point of virtually freezing
Hi, Sometimes a GP client will start running painfully slow to the point where everything keeps turning white and nothing comes up and even closing it will prompt windows saying its "not responding" and will close finally after about a minute of waiting. This particular client has 4gb of RAM as does the Server. Waiting and restarting the computer makes it work okay again? Any guesses as to why? Raf UPC I would start by checking to make sure you are not running a DEXSQL.LOG. Exit GP and locate your DEX.INI file and search for the entries: SQLLogSQLStmt=TRUE SQLLogODBCMessage...

Outlook 2002 response delay
I'm a home user of Outlook 2002 SP3. Everything has the latest critical updates and the network is protected by a firewall in my D-Link router and Norton Systemworks 2003. When I start the day, Outlook is lightning fast, but gradually it becomes sluggish, with delayed responses. I'll click to open an e-mail in my inbox (already retrieved from web servers through cable) and Outlook will think...think...think. After anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds the e-mail will open. This also occurs if using the preview pane. I need to know how to troubleshoot. How can I find the root cause for this sl...

Slow slow processing
Everything is slow. It takes forever to type in a message. If I try to try to open different folding the response is very slow. If I try to make a new folder it could take a minute ore two before the new folder appears. .....And no it is not because my internet connection is slow. I am hooked to a very fast cable internet connection. Everything else on my computer is very fast...internet and all software programs. Any suggestions on how to fix this ?-- ........... That's not normal. If you open Task Manager while the slowness is occurring does it reflect high CPU usag...

Closing Office Appls Slow when no internet connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Why, on a clean install of Office 2008: DVD, then update 12.1.0, then 12.1.9, I notice that when there is no internet connections, when you close any Office app, it takes 10-15 seconds longer. When you have an internet connection, it closes instantly. Is this a bug? I have verfied this on another mac using office 2008 now as well. Can anyone else double check for me. When closing any office app, and you have no internet connection, it takes much longer for the app to close out. I really haven't investigated this...

1st credit card is slow
We have a customer experiencing very slow credit card authorizations for the 1st card of the day. After the swipe it can take serveral mins for the approval or it gets an error. All the credit card transactions following work fine. They use to reboot their register everyday. The register is also the SQLServer. I think I was able to isolated it to whenever the SQLServer services restart the problem also starts. As long as the SQLServer remains on overnight the 1st credit card of the day is fine. This occured using RMS 1.2 and RMS 2.0 with latest hotfixes. Also on MSDE200 and 2005 SQL Exp...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

Office 2008: Slow, slow, slow (am I the only one?)
I've been lurking in the Mac Office groups for a few weeks now to see what people are saying about the new version of Office, specifically how sluggish it is. Oddly, I'm finding very few posts talking about this. On my MacBook Pro, the Office apps (even after the last patch and without any font overload or 3rd-party font manager) load very slowly, to the point where I'm reluctant to use them. So, I guess the question I have is: Am I the only one having this problem (or is this problem just a given)? Thanks. Doug On 4/1/08 11:31 AM, in article a14ca1c6-ceb8-4fd3-85c9-e69fef3111b1@...

Outlook 2K3 verrrrry Slow on exchange 5.5
Hi All, we just ugraded one of our users to outlook 2003 to test it out in our environment and we are seeing that outlook now runs extremely slow compared to when it was outlook 2000. We run an exchange 5.5 sp4 on an NT 4 sp6a box. Any ideas/known issues concerning this? Thanks as always, Mike Slow? Like in cache mode slow? Have you loaded SP3 yet for Outlook. "MikeT." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4c6a01c490f1$d05843a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > we just ugraded one of our users to outlook 2003 to test > it out in our ...

CheckSignature Slow!!
Hi, Using checkSignature is very slow. Any fix for this? I have found a possible solution at: http://www.themssforum.com/Framework/SignedXmlCheckSignature-very/ .... but I don't like the idea of modifying every machine.config out there! Is there another workaround? Thanks, Ramiro ...

Access 2007 slow in multi-user environment
I have split the Access 2007 application into FE and BE. FE is on user's desktops (not a shortcut), BE is on the network. Users are using XP, not Vista. Opening the first FE is very fast. Opening the FE on a second machine takes several seconds, displaying a blank screen. Opening the FE on a third machine takes minutes, displaying a blank screen. I'm not sure why the performance is so poor. I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks Bill "BillE" <belgie@datamti.com> wrote: >I have split the Access 2007 application into FE and BE. >FE is on user's deskto...

slow spooling
When I go to print a large quantity of sheets of the same copy, it takes forever to spool before it prints. I have Publisher 2007 but I use to have 2003. The 2003 version printed the job right away unless it was a large file. The job I'm doing is not a large file. Is there any settings that I have to set? Do you have images with gradient fills? A document may take a longer time than expected to print or the print spool file may be larger in Office 2003 or in Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904948/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps...

POP module now extremely slow on version 9.0
We have very slow performance on PA purchase orders in version 8 and after multiple support incidences, we basically just had to live with it. Luckily only 1 of our 15 companies used PA and only a few POs a week were done. Now, we go to version 9, which PA and regular POP are now merged. We now have the very slow performance we saw in PA, in regular POP and for ALL of our companies. Even the message about PA vendor info missing keeps popping up for companies that don't even use PA. We have to tell our users to just clicking No on the error and keep going. The slowness is felt m...

Outlook Slow Load
I'm running WIN XP & Outlook XP. When I used to run Outlook, it would pop up almost instantly. Now it takes over 2 minutes for the hour-glass to disappear. I have a tiny start-up list and this happens even before I run any other application. Any thoughts on what might make it take so long and what might fix it? Tools | Options | Other | turn off instant messaging integration. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Len" <anonymous@discuss...

Excel 2007 files running very slow
First off, I really like many of the changes made in 2007. However, I have a number of worksheets that were created in 2003 and used by scores of people. The problem I'm running into is some of these files are getting slower, and slower, and slower. I'm running XP, Core 2 Duo processor, 1 GB Ram. The main file I'm concerned about tracks students' attendance throughout the semester. I have a number of macros to "help speed up" the process, plus a number of formulas and formatting on each worksheet. There's about 6-8 worksheets in each workbook. I've saved the f...

SignedXML.CheckSignature() not working
I'm using Michael Gallants DecodeCertKey example to get the public key from an X509 certificate. I then create an RSAServiceProvider and try to use it to CheckSignature() on the signed XML file. Other sources such as http://www.infomosaic.net/XMLSign/SecureXMLVerifyWS.htm can verify the signature, but .Net won't. Any ideas? Here is the code I'm using: ' Verify the signature of an XML file and return the result. Public Shared Function VerifyXmlFile(ByVal Name As String) As Boolean ' Create a new XML document. Dim xmlDocument As New XmlDocument ...

Slow Response When Clicking on " New " Button
When I go to create a new email using the " New" button located right under the " file " tab and proceed to click on it..there is a long delay before it actually opens up the window for me to compose the email...it spins for about 3 seconds..give or take.Please help. ...

Synchronizing offline folders is sometimes very slow
My company recently moved to Exchange 5.5 (all latest patches) and Outlook for all clients (98, 2000, 2002, 2003). We will be moving to Exchange 2003 within the next year but are stuck with 5.5 for the time being. We have about a dozen laptop users for whom we have set up offline folders, which generally are working fine. However, I have one client in particular (Outlook 2002 sp2, Windows 2000 sp4) who is having synchronization problems. It sync's fine sometimes but other times it will start syncing and take an hour or more(and transfer 50MB) when it appears nothing significan...

Outlook VERY SLOW when opening messages
In my company LAN there is an Exchange 2000 server withsome Windows2000 Pro and Outlook 2000 clients. Some of them have an issue with extreme slow e-mail messages opening. The message preview is perfect, really fast; when they try to open the message double clicking on it it lasts 3-5 seconds before the message window opens. Outlook is even slow when opening the program, about 2-3 seconds while in other clients it takes just 1 second. How can I solve this issue (and don't have my pals dont' complaying anymore about it )? Please help me! Mauro We have a similar problem where I wor...

Using OutputDebugString too much can cause slowness in GUI response
FYI, I have been having problems with a ListView with about 100 items, and when I try to scroll vertically or horizontally by dragging the scroll bar, it doesn't catch up immediately, but it looks highlighted and frozen, and catches up later. It turned out the reason for it was that I was using OutputDebugString too much, printing the text for each item and sumitem(There are 8 columns in this list view), and DebugView was open to view the output. When I close DebugView, the problem is gone. I was using OutputDebugString at a rate of 1000/Second. The items also appeared ...

Outlook is starting up very slow
Hello What's wrong with my Outlook ? It take salmost 2 minutes to open and to see my e-mail And i even do not automatically get check for new mail I just wait 2 mins and then hit the send/receive button That also takes maybe 2 to 3 minutes to get all my e-mails in Maybe my inbox is too big ? There are maybe 900 emails in it The oldest email in it is almost one year old. How can i make my inbox smaller and still have fast access to these e-mails ? Another issue: I have 19 e-mail accounts. Does that influence the speed ? Version of OL? The size of the pst is? (Properties) in mb ...