C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)

C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)

When I launch PSCP from a C# windows service and launch pscp 0.53 there are
no issues. but when I use C# windows service to launch pscp 0.58 C# freezes
in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)? pscp 0.58 works fine at command
line, but causes C# to freeze on ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) also
i noticed that the pscp process does not show in taske manager while
ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) is hanging. Reguardless of the
implementation of PSCP, how can ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) ever
freeze while the target exe is not loaded in task manager?

C# projects
C# project questions: 1. In a C#.net solution that was maintained by a team of programmers, is there a way to tell how to get the build to locate no errors when it is compiled. Basically I would like to know the order of items to try to get a large solution to compile. **I am asking that question since the programmers that worked on this large application have moved on to other programming teams in the company. I am told that this C#.net 2008 application did compile clean 6 months ago and no changes have been made to the application. Basically are there some suggestions you...

Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar.
when im logon to my pc(OS is windows vista business 64- bit) im getting "Settings.ini is being used by another process. Close the other programs and then click, Retry, or Click to Cancel sidebar." and im not able to open any application and i cannt install or unnstall any program and im nt getting sidebar.so please get me some thing about this.how do i get rid of this. with regards, phanileo -- phanileo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ phanileo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/158592.htm View this thread: htt...

error removing replica for public (system) folder "System Configuration"
Setup: Two servers in Exchange site mail4: Windows 2003, Exchagne 2003, all mailboxes mail1: NT4.0 exchange 5.5, on it's way OUT.... scheduled to remove mail1 from site this weekend, checking all public folders replicated correctly. Used PFMigrate, and looked OK. In ESM, "Public Folders", viewing "System Folders".. checking there were only mail4 replicas, and found "System Configuration" folder that had replica for both machines. did "Remove" for mail1, when i went to apply or "OK", pop-up window looking for userid and password ...

Customizable Pay Stub in Business Portal Employee Self Service
It should be possible to modify the format of the data printing in the online pay stub in Employee Pay. Currently, the data is delivered as an aspx page that is not very customizable at all. For example, a company would like to add a section to display the base rate for an employee. Another example is the company would like to change Vacation and Sick Time to other text. These values are hard coded and can't be changed. -- Charles Allen, MVP ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this ...

Events & windows messages
Hello, Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a new windows message has arrived in the processes message queue? I want to be able to wait on an event such as this within a thread process rather than it having to call PeekMessage all the time (which is extremely inefficient and needlessly slows down my other threads) I am using Visual C++ 5.0, 6.0 & 7.0 (.Net) Many thanks in advance! newsgroupie newsgroupie wrote: >Hello, > >Is there anyway you can use WaitForSingleObjects or >WaitForMultipleObjects to detect when a...

Problems launching process
In the following code I am attempting to launch Internet Explorer and display an html document in the browser. Internet Explorer runs fine but the html document cannot be displayed. No matter if I pass the full path or just the filename to the function the document cannot be displayed. // Begin code --------------- // Html file is viewed by launching Internet Explorer via RunBrowser() // CString sHtmlFile = _T("test.html"); RunBrowser("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe", "test.html"); // Function that launches process void CMyView::RunBrowser...

Web services 09-22-03
I keep having an access 401 denied when trying to connect to WS in C#. If I use anonymous access on the Web Services and log as a CRM user it works but then I can't use CRM Sales for Outlook anymore. What can I do ??? Here's my code // strServer should be set with the name of the platform Web server string strServer = "SERVER"; // strVirtualDirectory should be set with the name of the Microsoft CRM // virtual directory on the platform Web server string strVirtualDirectory = "mscrmservices"; string strDir = "http://" + strServer + "/" + s...

Unable to start services error when launching outlook...
We have a Windows 2000 small bus server running exchange 2000. I had to disable a user's profile last Friday. To do this I selected the user's profile, right-clicked and selected "Disable". Today I was asked to reinstate this user, so went back into the user profile, right-clicked and selected "enable". The user can login to our domain no probs BUT when they launch Outlook, they are getting the followig error... "unable to start processing services. You do not have permission to log on." ANyone attempting to send this user an email is get...

pass parameters back from C/C++ to JScript
Hi, all I import Microsoft Webbrowser Control to my VC6 MFC project and customize the web browser with my own doc handler. The following is the implemenation: ICustomDoc * pCustdoc; m_WebBrowser.GetDocument()->QueryInterface(&pCustdoc); // m_WebBrowser is an instance of Microsoft Webbrowser Control if (pCustdoc) { pCustdoc->SetUIHandler(m_pDocHandler); // m_pDocHandler is my doc handler for the web browser. pCustdoc->Release(); } Then I can call C/C++ functions from web page JScript, such as: external.MyFunc("abcdef"). In this way, I can pass parameters fr...

Outlook freezes upon completion of CRM Synchronization
We have CRM3 with rollup 1 installed. We have Exchange running on a separate server. I installed CRM3 Outlook Desktop Client and rollup 1 on my laptop. When I synchronize, it appears to synchronize successfully. Then Outlook freezes. No screen refreshes, etc. It appears that Outlook is taking about 20% of the CPU continuously for many hours (i.e., overnight and beyond). I have duplicated this on multiple client machines, and it actually happens if I have installed the Outlook Laptop Client as well. What could be happening? Thanks! -- Mark ...

Windows update
Hi all, I've been combining two of the scripts I have found relating to windows update services, basically I've come to a stop with passing a target group to the computer scope section of the following script. I want the count of approved updates by computers in a WSUS container. It is the $computerscope variable I am having trouble understanding: $updates = $wsus.GetSummariesPerUpdate($updateScope, $computerScope); Here's the script, any help would be greatly appreciated. [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration&...

Outlook window stays in the foreground
Since yesterday Outlook started to stay in the foreground. If Outlook is in the foregound (maximised or not) and I want to change to another window with Alt-Tab, the new windows shows for half a second and then Outlook is back. Sometimes I succeed to get another to the foreground but as soon as I click into that window Outlook is back again! Any idea what could be the reason for that? I already did a reboot. (Windows XP SP2; Outlook XP) Did you install Plaxo? This is a known behavior. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "dra...

Windows Live Mail New Messages
When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a number of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? "Mick in Seaford" <MickinSeaford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29DF4EB-F098-4DBD-931D-DF7017570708@microsoft.com... > When opening WLM (using Win-7) I often get the message that I have a > number > of new messages but the actual number of messages seen is lower. > Are messages being lost or is the new message counter wrong? > ...

Outlook 2007 Today's Windows 7 Updates: Selection does not work any more
Hi, I just updated my Win 7 x64 running Outlook 2007 SP2. After the reboot I cannot select any text any more in Outlook. In addition I installed Lenovo's Client Security solution/Password manager. Does any body see this issue, too? Thanks, Adrian P.S. that's what I just installed: Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 (KB951550) Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB974561) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB973704) What happens when you try? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe If it work now, it is most likely ca...

How to create an access database programatically in C#
I have created access databases in VB6, but now I am working in C#. I am trying to create a Microsoft Access Database programatically in C#, but can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone give me any pointers? You'll probably have more luck asking in a C# newsgroup. Most of us here work from within Access, not from outside it. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Brian Kitt" <BrianKitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A1AD65-1C1D-4000-83F1-17FD907027EB@microsoft.com... >I have created access d...

What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications?
What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Perhaps it got Stressed out :-). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roger Dunn" <roger@rogndeb.us> wrote in message news:52961478.0406151549.2b7cf241@posting.google.com... > What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Do you mean Windows 3.1, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, WinXP, or the newer more 'creatively named' version. The current name of all of these applications is more correctly termed "Microsoft Stress for Windows Users". B. H. Roger Dunn wr...

How to disable Contract Template window?
Hi All, Can we disable the pop up window to select Contract template, which comes up while creating a new contract? That means, whenever we crate a new contract, it always opens a pop up window to select contract template, can we disable that window not to pop up and takes a standard value for contract template? Any suggestions. Thanks in Advance. Ashwani Not in a supported manner. You could probably edit the underlying ASPX page though to remove the call. However, no telling what this might impact. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -----------...

Sales Process and Laptop Client
When running the laptop client, when I'm online and viewing an opportunity, I can see Sales Process as a menu item on the left under details. I see Information, Products, Relationships, Sales Process, Activities and History. When I Go Offline, that menu item no longer appears when viewing an oppotunity. It does tell me on the bottom of the oppotunity in the status bar what stage I'm in. Does this functionality not exist when offline? That is correct, when "Offline" the sales process menu item is not available. It is powered by the Workflow engine - only works while...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

Start Dialog MFC app minimized
How to do that an aplication dialog-based start minimized.? I created an icon in systemtray, and work fine. The idea is when click on systemtray icon, open application. Gonzalo... You should actually hide the dialog in the OnInitDialog this->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); "Gonzalo Chac´┐Żn" <gonzalo.chacon@teletrol.com.ve> wrote in message news:eoSd1KCaDHA.440@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How to do that an aplication dialog-based start minimized.? > I created an icon in systemtray, and work fine. > The idea is when click on systemtray icon, open application. > > Gonzalo...

Wildcards in File,Open... Excel & Word 97 within Windows 2000
Does anybody know a fix for this? I run Windows 2000 and Office 97. I have other applications, like Adobe Acrobat and stuff like that. I am the administrator on this unnetworked laptop and full access rights to everything. I am a hardcore keyboard user; using the mouse is painfully slow. In Acrobat Reader, I can funnel down to viewing specific types of file in its Open File dialogue box by doing what should be natural. In filename, type *.doc, or *.pdf, or *.txt. Acrobat complies and gives me the information I need. But none of my Office 97 applications - Excel, Word or Powerpoint...

in cell allow to enter only text and number refrenced from other c
Please ask your question in the body of the message, not the subject. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Rozeta" <Rozeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87DA0136-E47A-45D8-9B1C-09C71B3FB22A@microsoft.com... > ...

Changing Info Store location ?
Hello, Our client has just purchased a new Dell server with SBS 2003 Std pre installed. The Exchange info store is currently running on the OS partition(c drive) and I want to change it to the data partition(d drive). I have rerun the SBS setup to the point where it shows where Exchange is currently installed. However, the "Change Path" button is grayed out. Same thing when I applied Exchange 2003 SP1, it won't let me change the path. I know in Exchange 5.5 there was a tool you can run to change the info store location. How does one do it in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks, Tony ...

IE8 New Windows
hi, i see that explorer seems to allow 2nd window to keep default size of windows on open new windows. is it possible to change that option to the 3rd window?? thanks Hi Dan, I don't know exactly what you mean. IE saves its size and position each time a IE window is closed. So if you have 3 IE windows open at the one time and you close them all, the next time you start IE again it will display with the position and size of the last IE window that you closed. Regards. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B09525-C7D0-48A1...

When navigating to a folder, Office docs freeze.
When I save an Office 2007 document, and I attempt to navigate to the folder I want to save in, there is a long freeze rendering the navigation pane in-operable for about 30 -40 seconds, sometimes longer. This happens in Word or Excel and it also happens if I am navigating to a folder to open a file via the applicable program. Any ideas? Thanks for you time. Darrell ...