avoiding data lockups

I wasn't sure which group was the correct one for this question.

I am in the design phase of an application, and I'm not sure about a
specific point about datasets and xml files.

Is it true, that multiple dataset objects can read from and write to the
same dataset xml file without causing any conflicts?

Thanks for your input.

Tom
0
tomb1 (1)

Tom

If I understand your question well: xml files are just text files, therefore
the answer is "false".

Cor

"tomb" <tomb@technetcenter.com> schreef in bericht
>I wasn't sure which group was the correct one for this question.
>
> I am in the design phase of an application, and I'm not sure about a
> specific point about datasets and xml files.
>
> Is it true, that multiple dataset objects can read from and write to the
> same dataset xml file without causing any conflicts?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> Tom

First Data Gift Cards
I have a group of stores that are all signed up for First Data's gift card program. First Data tracks the amount and the charging/redeeming needs to be done through ICVerify/First Data. How do I integrate the activation/charging of a First Data gift card with RMS? How is it redeemed? Right now I have them popup the ICVerify standalone frontend and to it through that. The amounts need to be kept at First data and the charing/redeeming also done through First Data, so the internal voucher system will not work in my case. Thanks in advance for any advice or help! Mark, Bad new...

Corrupt WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM Data Loss
I received this message yesterday. I have followed the discussions and it seems to me that 307545.exe is the way to resolve it. I would appreciate knowing what the consequences of doing this will be? MY HD is partitioned. I have Windows XP SP3 on the C: partition. I have 2 programs on the C: and have the original discs to reinstall them if necessary. My other programs and photos etc are on the D: and E: partitions. By carrying out the instructions in 307545.exe will I lose any data on the D: and E: partitions? Would reinstalling XP be a simpler option or not a good idea? ...

Data Dictonar export to flat file
Any one have script for exporting Table Design to a flat file from SQL server for Great plains ? I have written a tool which can provide this data for you. The tool is called SnapShot and can be used to copy or backup data to and from any platform or account framework. It also has the ability to print or export the data model in a variety of formats, including flat file or xml. Please email me and let me know what version of Great Plains you need this for. Note: remove the "online." when emailing me. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia P...

Initial Capitals
Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, please? Check your autocorrect settings. There should be an option activated which capitalize the first letter. Deselect it. Yves "haywain" <haywain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9E9550-5A9C-4813-96EC-7095654D22A0@microsoft.com... > Word 2002 - I am entering lists of words that have no initial capital, but > Word insists on capitalising the initial letter - how do I stop this, > please? ...

Cell data changes when copying and pasting
I've got Excel 2002 SP2. Another person in our office has Excel 2000. She entered a bunch of data into a spreadsheet for me (the data is dates in mm/dd/yyyy format). When I copy and paste her data into a new spreadsheet in one of my existing files, the dates change. This seems to be the rule of what is happening: when I copy and paste a cell into my sheet, it adds 1 to the day and 4 to the year. For example, if she typed 12/18/2003, it pastes it as 12/19/2007; if she typed 4/15/2004, it pastes as 4/16/2008. We are both baffled by this. There are no formulas being used, just a basic...

How to retrieve source data from data plots only?
Hi, I would appreciate any help on this. Basically, I have got some plots in Excel from my colleague. He had deleted all the source data used to generate those plots since he only cares about the plots. However, the source data is what I really need. I know by clicking on each data point in a plot, you can view the value of that data point. But is there a way to retrieve all the source data at once? There are simply too many data points in a plot for me to do this one by one. Thanks, Fang I have found a macro for doing this. I am posting the link here in case someone runs into the same p...

OWA
We currently use forms based authentication on our Exchange Server, but for people who are logged in on the internal network (but not at a computer with Outlook) we would like them to be able to acccess OWA and not have to log in again. (i.e. https:\\mail\exchange\username). Is there a way to do this and prevent the login prompt? Thanks Create another HTTP virtual server using different port w/same IP or default port but different IP? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Jan" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ud3Bd%239rFHA.2072...

Data conversion Cam3
Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. They want Inventory, Customer history and purchasing history. Any suggestions woulld be appreciated. Pat See if the program will export to a comma type file. The it is easy. "pat@arms" <patarms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9073BC10-884B-48F7-AEDB-AF58093F65CA@microsoft.com... > Has converted from Cam3 to RMS? Cam3 uses Btrieve 6.15. I have a > prospect who is looking at switching to RMS from CAM. > They want Inventory, Custo...

Access Data Entry Question
Data entry question in Access: Assume you have three columns: One, Two, and Three When column One = A and Column Two = B, is it possible to auto populate column Three with C? My real life example of what I am trying to do is… I enter grocery products into a database and then categorize them. So we products that repeat themselves, like Lean Cuisine Frozen Single Serve Entrees. I first enter Lean Cuisine, and then Frozen, and then Frozen Single-Serve. I’m would like to save a couple key strokes and have it auto populate the last one or two fields. So every time I enter Lean Cuisin...

MAXIMUM Data Input in Excel
Does anyone know the approximate (or exact) limit of Excel for storing data? I have heard the number 65,000 lines of data, but want to verify this number. Thanks. I guess you have never looked at a worksheet and done end +down arror to see that, in the later versions, there are 65336 rows and 256 columns. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C780540D-BD2A-45BE-B159-C746BE6A9022@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the approximate (or exact) limit of Excel for storing data? > > I have heard the...

avoid duplicates!
Hi Guys, I have below query, in which i am trying to get the machine anme, user name, IP Subnet fro three different tables. The third table V_RA_SYSTEM_IPSUBNETS is having multiple IP subnet info against a single machine. Hence when i ran this query i get lot of duplicates (if there are 5 subnets against a single machine, this machine is listed 5 times)... Is it possible to get only the last assgined IP subnet from the third table (This table has only a resourceid and the IPsubnet column, there is no date column)... SELECT DISTINCT SYS.NAME0 AS 'MACHINENAME', IP.IP_...

transfer data from windows to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) The OS on our home PC is Windows Vista. My wife writes documents in Word at home for her work. We have a MacBook Pro and she would like to be able to write the documents at home on the PC, and then be able to transfer the documents to our MacBook so that she can use them traveling to various work sites. I don't want to go out and purchase Word '08 for Mac and a portable hard drive if this will not work. If so, which hard drive do I buy and is there a trick to accomplishing this?? You don't need any special equipment....

Avoid "Overwrite" Message
I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another user may have made changes, do I want to save a copy or overwrite, blah, blah, blah. I still can't figure out how to turn this off completely. Please help. Hi don't share your workbook. These messages should only appear if your workbook is shared -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff M. wrote: > I've seen a number of other posting on this but not a full solution. > I'm trying to avoid getting the message telling me another...

How do I specify data from a combo box?
My problem that I am having is this. Based on the following example table: A B C D 1 2 4 5 a b c d w x y z How do i get my drop down box to input the data from the last column (D) into my table? In one of my forms, I have column (A) for my first drop down box and I want to choose data from column (D) for my second drop down box. If this is possible or not, give some ideas what direction I should take this. Thanks. C.J. I'm a bit puzzled by the data example you provided. It looks like you have fields (A, B, C, D) and rows of data (&...

Eliminate References and Keep Data
Hi, I have 55 workbooks that are filled with formulas that take data from other workbooks. I would like to get rid of the formulas, but keep the data. I would like all compiled workbooks to have any references eliminated. How can this be done? Thanks, Reed Reed. Select the cells, Copy. Now paste-special right over the original cells with Edit (or right-click) - Paste special - Values. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Reed" <oscar49337@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:egaVeRx$EHA.2552@TK2MS...

Access my Money data on the Web
I want to synchronize my money data with MSN money but apparently the option "Access my Money data on the Web" is not available in the Int. English version. What's the alternative here? It's available when you use http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp in the investing>portfolio screen. On that page file>export has an option to export to Microsoft money. If you haven't been using this web there may be some initialization procedure but I've been using it for so many years (all the way back to Win95) I don't remember what may be required. Frank "Raf&q...

Back up and moving data
How do I back up or move my data to my pen drive to see it in my laptop In Quicksell was as easy as copying and paste .mdb Sorry just moving to RMS JAL, More difficult with SQL. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Backup or SO Manager | Utilities | Backup Database You will then need to restore the database to your laptop. SO Admin | File | Connect | Database | Delete | Database | Create | Select your backup file from the device. -- * "JAL" <toto@telcel.net.ve> wrote in message news:eV5DRTL9FHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... How do I back up or move my data to my...

avoiding full mailboxes
Using exchange 2003 and limited mailbox capability of 50 MB we still have problems with oversized mailbox. Does anyone knows how to forward to personal folder automaticly incase of full mailbox? There is no way for this to occur automatically. Users need to manage their mailboxes or else you need to use Mailbox Management to start removing stuff from their mailboxes - cleaning the Deleted Items folder of anything over a few days old is a good first step. The following article just shows Exchange 2000 on it, but it also applies to 2003: 319188 HOW TO: Use Recipient Policies to Control...

Saving data #2
Hi all, I need to save data (results) from a base spread sheet program that i use on a weekly basis. i am in the middle of building this program, and have just discovered macros, but this, along with links is about my current knowledge of excel how can i automate to accumulate data from the base spread sheet (program) when i clear all data from the program to produce fresh results the following week, and to keep past data up to date and available for further use. Any help would be appreciated. legepe With a combination of formulas and dynamic named ranges, it is possible to just add the ...

avoiding Load/Save Dialog
Hi, I am developing an application to open an excel file in clients browser using OWC10. How to avoid the Load/Open dialog box on the client machine? Regards, Vishesh Vyas ...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month
How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month. Do you want to unstack the chart to convert it to a clustered chart? Chart menu > Chart Type > select a clustered column subtype that you like. Are you trying to cluster stacks of columns? Here are some links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Great Plains data reference
Good morning everyone, I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination of what is in the Dynamics tables as well as a field by field explanation as to what it is. What is available in Dynamics is minimal at best and I spend more time exploring the tables to figure out what is in them Any guidance is appreciated! Try searching for Accolade Publications. -- Charles Allen, MVP "ericjcartman" wrote: > Good morning everyone, > > I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination > of what is in the Dynamics ...

Print reports only where records contain data.
I have a database that contains information on students the subjects they take and grades are recorded at different times during the year. The database contains tables named tblOption1, tblOption2, tblOption3 and tblOption4 these tables store information about the students options they have selected however some of these are left blank. I have created a report that shows and prints information from all 4 tables even if there is no data in them. I would like to know if it is possible how to print only those records on the report with information in. Example if a student takes 4 options the ...