Associate Schema to new XML File for Intellisense.

Hi,
I have created an XSD schema file.
Users of my project have to create few XML documents as input to the system,
based on this particular XSD Schema.
They can use any xml editor for this. But, I want them to associate this
schema to that new xml document and they should get intellisense facility
like we get in asp .net development for asp server control tags.

I have tried settings 'schemas' property for XML Document in Visual Studio
IDE, but it didn't work for me. I may be doing something wrong...so answers
with that VS.NET IDE solution are also welcome.

Thanks.
0
CDPNET (2)

Hi,

XML Schema specifies a way to associate a schema with an instance
document, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#xsi_schemaLocation
All the tools that I encountered support this type of association.

The association between the document and the schema can be done also
externally but in that case there are no general rules to perform that
association and each tool has its own implementation.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina - http://aboutxml.blogspot.com/
http://www.oxygenxml.com

0
george5726 (13)
9/18/2007 9:10:34 AM
CDPNET wrote:

> I have tried settings 'schemas' property for XML Document in Visual Studio
> IDE, but it didn't work for me. I may be doing something wrong...so answers
> with that VS.NET IDE solution are also welcome.

Make sure you add the schema to your project (e.g. Project -> add new
item -> XML schema), then look at the properties window for your XML
document where there is an entry "Schemas". If you click that you will
see a button with label "..." and when you click that button the Visual
Studio will list all schemas belonging to the project and all schemas
inn the schema cache. Then select the schema(s) you want to apply to the
XML document.
That is how it works fine for me with Visual Studio 2005.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Thanks,

"Martin Honnen" wrote:

> CDPNET wrote:
>
> > I have tried settings 'schemas' property for XML Document in Visual Studio
> > IDE, but it didn't work for me. I may be doing something wrong...so answers
> > with that VS.NET IDE solution are also welcome.
>
> Make sure you add the schema to your project (e.g. Project -> add new
> item -> XML schema), then look at the properties window for your XML
> document where there is an entry "Schemas". If you click that you will
> see a button with label "..." and when you click that button the Visual
> Studio will list all schemas belonging to the project and all schemas
> inn the schema cache. Then select the schema(s) you want to apply to the
> XML document.
> That is how it works fine for me with Visual Studio 2005.
>

> --
>
> 	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
> 	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

0
CDPNET (2)

new install; question re sharing outlook address book
i just did a fresh install due to a crash, and have a problem. outlook 2003 contact list; i want to share it with the address book. on my other computers, when i open address book in outlook express, under the tools menu there is an options selection which has a data sharing selection; this is what i want. but my new install doesnt have this selection; no options selection under tools. just accounts and action, nothing else ???? where did it go, how do i enable/select it if it isnt there? thanks,, mark No current version of Outlook supports that option, and the old version that ...

new #2
http://clixncash.com/ptp2.php?p=r&ref=price ...

New CRM Blog 12-08-05
I have created a new CRM 3.0 focused blog at: Web Site: http://crmcanada.blogspot.com/ RSS Feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MicrosoftCrmInCanada This will be more a Partner focused blog than a technical one. I hope you enjoy! Gavin ...

Prevent moving to new record
I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I would like the only option the user has then to be to save and close. Right now, if they tab around they will eventually move to a new record. How can I prevent tabbing from moving to the next row in the table? Thank you, On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:31:01 -0800, Cathy wrote: > I have a form which is tied to a table. To get to the form the user does a > look-up. Once on the form the user can edit the fields on the table. I > would...

New installation on old pc.
I have a non working version of Windows 98SE on C: and a reinstalled version of XP on D:. What I would like to do is format C: install XP and get it functioning correctly then format D: to get rid of the reinstalled messed up version of XP. If I do this, will I lose my access to the C: Windows XP? Doing it the way I'd like will give me a chance to import things from D: before I wipe it out. If I will no longer be able to boot to C: after I wipe out D:, I might as well wipe out both C: and D: at the same time. "Dennis" <den942@bright.net> wrote in message news:J7K...

Moving Outlook to another PC, and moving data files to another location
Outlook 2003/SP2, XP Pro/SP2. I've copied my Outlook installation to a second computer using Microsoft Files & Settings Transfer Wizard. Aside from losing account passwords along the way (intentionally I guess) it all seemed to work, surprisingly. Then, with Outlook closed down, I've manually moved the data files (I prefer to keep them on a separate drive as part of my disaster recovery system / backup regime), and pointed Outlook at the new location when prompted. So far as I know this is the recommended method for relocating data files. Outlook is working fine in its'...

corrupt file
I made changes to an 07 project file. I saved it in 03. When I went to X out it asked to save it again. I saved again. Then when I went to X out it asked me again. I just got out w/o saving. I had saved the file fairly recently. Now when I am trying to open the file it says corrupt content and wont' open. Is there anything I can do? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01CADE4C.B8604C80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Penny, Welcome to this Microsoft Pr...

Missing email proposal in address field of new email
Hi, Where I work we are using Microsoft Outlook 2007 and windows XP professional. We do not have the routine to save all our contact information in Microsoft outlook contact. This has not been a problem up until now. Normally when we are starting to type an email address in the address field of a new email, outlook have always remembered and given us proposals of matching email addresses to which we have sent emails earlier. Today this did not work for one of our colleagues. It seems as some "memory bank" of outlook just vanished for his profile. My questions ...

offline defrag vs new information store
my priv.edb file does not match up when I manually add up the mailbox size of users. the 1221 was showing about 1.5 megs of white space. I did an offline defrag which freed up 4G even though the 1221 was showing 1.5. Obviously defrag is not clearning up the correct amount. A person in a newsgroup mentioned creating a new information store and moving the users mailboxes to the new store as a way of getting a correct amount for the edb files. He mentioned he does not use an offline defrag as this way gets better results. I need to this or an offline defrag because Backup Ex recommend...

Need to copy chart of excel to powerpoint file without the other s
Hello, I have excel file. in the excel there is three sheets: test1, test2 and test3. in the test1 sheet I have chart with parameters. when I copy the chart and the parameters in the sheet 'test1' to powerpoint (with past special) and choose the 'microsoft excel chart object' it past the chart to powerpoint and I can change the parameters inside but the problem is that it also copy the other two sheets: test2 and test3. I want when I copy the excel chart to powerpoint that it will copy only the test1 sheet (without the test2 and test3 sheets), because this is what I marke...

Set Association
When I receive an e-mail with an attachment I get the message 'Set Association' in the control panel. I have searched and cannot find this. Is it maybe because I have Vista and the attachment is in Word? -- Kind regards Anna and Peter La Passiflore B&B 0033 475 931276 This newsgroup is for discussions about Microsoft Access, a relational database program. It sounds as if this question is related either to Vista or to your e-mail program. In any case another newsgroup would be a better source of information. By the way, when posting to any public newsgroup it is best to...

Identifying ANSI or Unicode PST File
Hi, I need to identify greater than 1.5 GB PST files in Bulk whether they are ANSI or Unicode File Format. Is there any programmatic way of achieving the same? Using WMI or MAPI may be possible but I am not sure. If some one can help it would be great. Thanks, Gai ...

Cannot add new users
We can update existing users, but when trying to add new users we get the following: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040237. Source Er...

new server old e-mails
I replace my Exch2K server with SBS 2003 Server. I wanted a new network so our local domain was changed but our e-mail domain remained the same. Do the setup of Exchange in SBS 2003, I incorrectly incorrect typed that our domian is mydomain123.com while in should've been mydomain.com. I make the change and is now able to send and receive e-mail for mydomain.com. I used exmerge to migrate the mailboxes. the problem i am having is when users attempt to reply to old e-mails from other users, e-mail would bounce back as undeliverable. The full name of the recepient shows on the To f...

associating AD user accounts with Mailbox in 2003
Hello, This may be a very specific question, but someone may have had this issue before. I am using aelita to migrate from 5.5. For one particular user account aelita could not associate the user account with the mailbox, so it automatically made a new AD account specifically for the mailbox. This points back to the users original and correct AD user account. I need to change the association of this so i can add mailbox features under the original AD user account. And then i can import the old mailbox into the correct spot, and therefore OWA may then also work. How can i remove the associ...

deleting temporary files
I want to delete temporary files from my windows 7 64 bit OS. please give me the steps You can right click on the file and then click on Delete. Same as it's been for years in Windows. On 2010-04-05 13:19, irfan wrote: > I want to delete temporary files from my windows 7 64 bit OS. > please give me the steps Irfan, The easiest way to access the folder where temporary files are kept is to run %TEMP%. How do you do that? Press and hold simultaneously the Windows Key plus the "R" key. Inside the dialog box type %TEMP% and then press ENTER. That will take...

Playing MP3 files embeded in Excel
I'm using Insert | Object | From File to insert an MP3 file into an Excel 2003 worksheet. I don't link to the original file (so I'm embedding it) and I change the icon from the default. Excel shows the icon correctly and allows me to play the file in Windows Media Player v10 successfully by double-clicking on the icon. But if I wait for the MP3 to finish playing and then double-click on another embeded MP3 file in the same worksheet, Windows Media Player says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is on another computer, verify that you are connected t...

Create sublist in new worksheet
I have one worksheet of all the people invited to an event. One column indicates y for they're coming, n for they're not and blank if they have not yet replied. I want to set up a separate worksheet that lists *only* the acceptances. In other words, I want a separate worksheet that extracts the rows of data that contain y in column B but none of the other rows. Any advice? Madeline in Toronto Make sure you have a header row! Select A1! Data>Filters>Autofilter Set Autofilter to "y" in column of comings! Select all visible rows (click on row1 he...

File associations for PP Viewer 2007
I helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 HP desktop unit. It came with the 60 day trial suite of MS Office 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Viewer preinstalled. I uninstalled the trialware package and it left the PP Viewer as an orphan. Is there any way to re-register all of the applicable file types other than using the "Open with" routine? Here's what I've tried so far: 1. Ran the /regserver parameter 2. Uninstalled then reinstalled the PP Viewer 3. Reinstalled the File Compatibility fix No joy for any of the above. The only files it will open at present ar...

Saving new record with defaults only
I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the record is NOT being saved, because there is nothing to be saved when all you have is default values. How can I force the save of the new record? mlwallin wrote: > I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from > fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry > required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the ...

Finding Specific Rows and pasting to new worksheet
Good morning, I have to worksheets in my workbook, "uncleanded" and "reportable" In the uncleaned worksheet I have a number of transactions. What I am trying to do is find, copy and paste specific transactions into the second worksheet. Current code: Dim c As Range Dim SrchRng Sheets("Uncleaned").Select Set SrchRng = ActiveSheet.Range("H1", ActiveSheet.Range("A1000").End(xlUp)) Do Set c = SrchRng.Find("Coke", LookIn:=xlValues) If Not c Is Nothing Then c.EntireRow.Cut Sheets("Reportable")....

setup new profile as solution...
hi there, I again and again read that the solution to some problems is to setup a new profile. I had to do this already several times (using several versions of Outlook over the years). the error(s) always ceased to exist. unfortunately, new (other) ones appeared... question: is there an automatic (software?) way to create a new profile, taking over the most (safe) settings from the existing (buggy?) profile? my profile is pretty complex (scripts, signatures, many PST files, etc). setting up a new profile manually is painful... thanks for any pointer regards dan Dan, I think ther...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Window mail will not recognise an association for pps type file
Could someone helps please ? When i receive a mail containing pps files, I need to save to disk all pps file in order to view them with microsoft viewer, because i get an error message saying to set the association in default program. The association is already done with the viewer. This problem is only happening with window mail. It does not seem to be able to download the file in a temps file and then open it as my hotmail account does. tks G L Windows Mail ?? You're in the wrong NG - try microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail Otherwise, Start - Control Panel - Asso...

How do I make a new mail list from sent mail?
I've read through many of the posts possibly related to this subject o OutlookForum. I read through my outlook manual and asked everyone know. I'm using Outlook 2000 and I'm not sure if it is even possible Does anyone know how to do this? Again, I'm trying to make a ne mailing list from my sent items. I'm attmepting to do a mail- out t all the people I've e-mailed over the past 3 months, about 700 member of my site. Any help would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post use...