Are attribute values case sensitive?

I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the
actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an
xsl stylesheet for example?

Thanks,

Kathy

"Kathy Burke" <kathyburke40@attbi.com> wrote in message
> I know that elements and attribute names are case sensitive, but are the
> actual attribute values case sensitive when referred to from within an
> xsl stylesheet for example?

Yes -- any string or name in XPath is case-sensitive.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

dnovatchev (74)

CBM transfer documents with value instead of value only.
when using transfer in CBM you only have the choice of transfering money value only, but sometimes you need to transfer cheques or deposits with there document number to be able to track them. ...

VBA code, value in a range
Hello. I'm trying to write some VBA code and i have to calculate a difference between two cells. Here it is: A1 = 30 A2 = 31 if A1+-1 = A2 then "OK" How to put it in code this +-1 ?? TIA -- Pozdrawiam, Andre hi, Abs --> absolute value of a number If Abs(A2 - A1) <= 1 Then MsgBox "OK" -- isabelle isabelle napisaƂ(a): > If Abs(A2 - A1) <= 1 Then MsgBox "OK" Thanks a lot. That works :) Now. Can you help me with absolute cell addresses in such code: Sheets("sheet2").Select Range("A1").Select val = ...

finding and extracting values from a specific colored cell
Hello, I need some help. I am trying to extract values only from cells tha are a specific color (in my instance, yellow) is there a function tha will allow me to do this? Thanks in advance for your help! Alowiciou -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello, > > I need some help. I am trying to extract values only from cells that > are a specific color (in my instance, yellow) is there a function that > will allow me to do this? > > Thanks in advance ...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ?
I have 2 graphs which show planned and actual manpower figures for various work sites for a day. Sometimes there are no planned workers on site for that day and I would like to display 'None Planned' rather than the usual '0' which appears if there are none planned. Is this possible? -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274120 Hi, You will need to add a helper column t...

Most Right Value in a Row
In another post, I was taught how to populate a cell with the last value of a column. How do I populate a cell with the last value of a selected row? I appreciate your help. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A50000<>""),A1:A5000) "SanCarlosCyclist" <sancarloscyclist@gmail.com> wrote in message news:293ba1c5-4e63-45e9-80d5-867014aaf966@b36g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > In another post, I was taught how to populate a cell with the last > value of a column. How do I populate a cell with the last value of a > selected row? I appreciate your help. And for a r...

encodig attribute of output element ignored

returning two values
I have a function in which two indexes are calculated. I would like to return them both. Is this possible? "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:eg8tCGKwFHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have a function in which two indexes are calculated. I would like to > return them both. Is this possible? If they will fit, you could use something like MAKELONG. Otherwise you could use OUT params. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] "Jeff Partch [MVP]" <jeffp@mvps.org> wrote in message news:%23a2ShLKwFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gb...

How do I change the Read Only attribute on a file?
I am working out of a publisher file that had been saved to a CD. I was able to edit the file but it will not let me save because it was Read Only. Can I change the read only attribute on this file to allow me to edit and save? Hi Terry, You have to save the file from the CD onto your hard drive. If you right-click on the file and click on Properties, you can turn off the Read Only attribute. If the CD is a read-write CD, you may be able to go into Windows Explorer and right-click on the file that is on the CD and click on Properties to turn off the Read Only attribute. Most people ...

parameters with more than one value
I have created a query on which a report is based that shows authors of articles. In my data entry form I can enter two author's names for any one article, however, if I want the report (and thus the query) to show BOTH authors' names in the event that there are two (or three or more), how would I program the query to do that? Right now I have the query set to ask for the author's last name, first name, so you get that same prompt for the report. Problem is I can only enter one name with that setup. I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions. Thank you. What is you...

More than one attribute.
you can write writer.WriteStartElement("data", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"); in your code for, <data xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"> how do you write, <data xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../documents/xml/epic.xsd"> for two attributes? Dave wrote: > you can write > writer.WriteStartElement("data", "http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance"); > > in your code for, > > <data xmlns="http...

Display values other than TRUE and FALSE
Hello, I have the following formula that returns TRUE and FALSE values. =AND($E2>=H$1,$E2<I$1) How do I modify the formula to display "YES" and "NO" instead of true and false. Thanks very much in advance Try this... =IF(AND($E2>=H$1,$E2<I$1),"Yes","No") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "bmac" <bmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA2C4876-6CBB-4D42-B15A-42C3EFBDA4AE@microsoft.com... > Hello, I have the following formula that returns TRUE and FALSE values. > =AND($E2>=H$1,$E2&l...

Save values only?
Easy question - ive forgotten how to save an excel document where i only saves values and not formula's -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Save your workbook as a new name first! Group all the sheets you want converted to values. (Click on the first worksheet tab and ctrl click on subsequent) Ctrl-A (twice with xl2003) to select all the cells rightclick on the selection copy paste special|Values select A1 (or not) ungroup the sheets Save the file once more. "ianripping <" wrote: > > Easy question - ive forgotten how to save an excel document whe...

How to find other attribute value corresponding searced attribute
Header("Item1") returns <MenuItem Content="Open file" Name="Item1" /> How to change this so it returns Content attribute value "Open file" corresponding to Name attribute value ? public static string Header(string entity) { return Menu.Descendants("MenuItem").Where(m => (string)m.Attribute("Name") == entity).Single().ToString(); } Menu type is XElement and it contains: <Menu> <MenuItem Content="File"> <Items> <MenuItem Content="FilemenuSubMen...

Sharing + case + callout
Hi, Is it possible to fire a callout in Sharing of a record in case entity. Hi, From the Microsoft CRM 3.0 SDK there is no such as OnShare event. Suggestion: use the SDK to assemble a query to which persons a particular record type is shared. Store this information. Next day run a new query and compare with the original to find out if anything changed. Another possiblity is to revoke access to all users to be able to share. Grant permission to share records to a particular person (manager, team lead, etc). Best regards, Merijn "anuj" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possi...

Importing column in comma saparated values.
Hi, This is my first post here..:) I have some values in a column in excel and I want to have them i comma saparated values. The Outout can be in any type of file as lon as I can copy it..I am sure, the experts here can solve this and hel me a great deal...Please help... Thanks in advance. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could File/Save As then select .CSV ??? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If it's just one column (out of many used columns), then I'd just copy and paste into NotePad and save from there. But I'm not quite sure how y...

Spaces stripped from cookie value
I'm using an apsx page to write a date value to a cookie. I then need to read that cookie with a classic asp page. The value is written correctly to the cookie. If I view cookies for example in Firefox, it is formatted properly. When reading the value via asp however, all of the spaces are stripped out causing it to become an invalid date value. As written: 2/5/2010 3:23:14 PM As read: 2/5/20103:23:14PM As a test I read the value using aspx and it was read correctly. So it appears to be classic asp related. Any ideas why this is happening? On 8 Feb., 18:31, "...

Deleted Attributes
Hi all, I have to fix a situation where someone went in and removed the exchange attributes for one user. She has a huge amount of stuff in this mailbox and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to reattach her mailbox to her account. Can anyone offer any guidance? Exchange 2000 on a Server 2000 domain controller (its NOT my design) Thank you, Mike Go in to the mailbox store where her mailbox is located, right click on the Mailboxes list and choose Run Cleanup Agent. In a few minutes, that mailbox should be marked as deleted. Then, right click on the mailbox, choose Reconne...

Modify code from paste values to change font color / multiple rang
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out modify a code that currently paste values to change the font color to automatic or black and to add multiple ranges (new ranges are E8:E17, E24:E33,E40:E49 and E56:E81) The current code is below and works Great! Thanks to everyone that helped/will help me out!! Sub PVPrImpct() With Range("b48:b74").Offset(, Worksheets( _ "Summary by month MTD").Range("A4") - 1) .Value = .Value End With End Sub Thanks again! I'm not sure if those ranges are before the offset or after... ...

Countif if the value falls between 2 other values
Need to count values that fall between two limits: for example 462 997 569 122 Need to count values between 300 and 600. I can do if my desired value is over or under a target, but not within a range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. =COUNTIF(A:A,">=300")-COUNTIF(A:A,">600") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "les8" <les8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E83BE3D-E5A5-4114-AFDB-CC685F1DB5EF@microsoft.com... > Need to count values that fall between two limits: for example > 462 > 997 > 569 > 122 > Need to co...

Column Attributes
We have successfully reverse engineered an Entity Relationship Diagram into Visio. The tables are there with the column names but the column attributes are not showing up. What do we have to do to get the column attributes to show up??? Figured it out... Database ==> Options ==> Document ==> Table Tab...Data Types towards bottom...ensure the radio for Show Physical is checked. "wnfisba" wrote: > We have successfully reverse engineered an Entity Relationship Diagram into > Visio. The tables are there with the column names but the column attributes > are ...

Lookup cell above next value >0
I have a table with two rows, 33 columns long. Top row has Years (2004 to 2036) in it and the row below is intended for the inputing of values in percentage form. Some of the cells in bottom row may be left blank or with 0 value. Elsewhere on my spreadsheet I want to create formulas that will return the top row value (year) for each year where the value in bottom row is greater than 0. For example, if A1 = 2004 A2 = 2005 A3 = 2006 A4 = 2007 B1 = 0 % B2 = 5 % B3 = blank B4 = 20% What formula in cell C1 will return value "2005" and in cell C2 the next year ...

Choosing a drop-down menu selection returns value to another cell
Version: Excel 2003 I have a worksheet that is referencing the value of the active cell. The point is to provide users with dynamic details of the project they currently have selected (active cell). I have the following worksheet code to return the value of the active cell to A1 and the row# of the active cell to A2. Lookup formulas search a database for detail matches on the value of the active cell. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1") = Target.Value Range("A2") = Target.Row End Sub The range A20:A500 has data v...

Vlookup not working where lookup value contains an apostrophe
Column A contains a list of names including O'Brien. Column B contains the result of a vlookup which uses the names in column A as the look up value. ie Column B2 contains the formula =vlookup(A2 ... The Array table is on a separate sheet within the workbook. All look up values except for O'Brien generate the desired result. O'Brien generates #N/A. Any suggestions as to what is going wrong? It should work fine. Maybe there's a white space somewhere throwing apparent good matches off. Try using TRIM: =VLOOKUP(TRIM(A2),.. Any good? hit the YES -- Max Singapore http://...

Inserting two cell values into a new cell + text
I am likely making this much more difficult than it needs to be... I need to take the numeric values from two cells and insert them into a new cell in this format: "898 - 1398". Where 898 and 1398 are numeric values generated by a formula and are subject to change. What I have is: =VALUE(A1)&" - "&VALUE(A2) but the result gives me one or more decimal places in each number result which I know is a result of the string concatination process. My question is: How can I rewrite this cell's formula to zero out the decimal entries form the source cells which is h...

Autosum doesn't recognize cell values after I cut and paste values from web page
I just cut and pasted some numbers from a web pages and they went into excel just fine but when I try to add them together using the autosum feature it doesn't work, the sum is always 0. Is there some way I can format the info to get the cells to recognize the values? I tried to format the values to just numbers to no avail. The copied data probably contains extra spaces and is formatted as text. To try and force it to be a number, try this: Input 1 into a blank cell somewhere, copy cell. Select your data range, right-click, paste special. multiply. That should force XL to ma...