Annotated XSD mapping of unary tags

I am trying to export SQL data using SQLXML4.0 and annotated XSD. The
XSD was provided by our vendor and contains definition for choice and
unary tags. Structure is something like
xsd:complexType -> xsd:choice -> xsd:element type="unary".

Does anybody have experience or insight into performing the mapping
from SQL to unary tags? Not sure where sql:field or sql:relation
should be placed. Thanks

0
adisaric (1)

Cross post and followup-to microsoft.public.sqlserver.xml as you can
more likely find expertise there:

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Mapping an xml schema to a different dataset schema
Hello everyone, I have just started to use Xml in .net so excuse me if this is a simple question. I have an Xml docuement that contains data in the following format: - <SearchResult xmlns="http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd"> <QueryInformation> <ActualQueryString /> <TotalResults /> <ResultsPerPage /> <SearchTime /> <StoppedWords /> <TheasurusWords /> <StemmedWords /> <SortMethod /> <Messages /> </QueryInformation> <Results id=...

xsd, how to...
Hi, I need to implement the following rule: Element el_1 is defined as follows: <xs:element name="el_1"> <xs:restriction base="xs:string"> <xs:enumeration value="value1"/> <xs:enumeration value="value2"/> <xs:enumeration value="value3"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:element> If in validated XML document el_1 = value1 then I need elements 2 and 3 to appear, otherwise - 4 and five. Something like: <xs:choice> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="el_1" with_value=&qu...

Automating map of network drives
Hi, I frequently need to map 3 partitions (d:, e: and c: in that order) of a local network machine, respectively to m:, n:, and z: from my workstation. Is there a way to automate this task via a batch file, just by specifying the network name of the external machine? Then, when I am finished, is it possible to disconnect those mapped partitions via a batch file? Thanks -- John Doue "John Doue" <notwobe@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:epPSSNKeKHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I frequently need to map 3 partitions (d:, e: a...

HTML tags changing cell shape and size
Hi, I am working on some html text in excel spreadsheet. When I past some HTML in a cell, the cell changes shape according to the html tags For example, text will become bold if <b></b> is used and font change in a similar way. Is there are way I can disable html in a cell altogether where exce treats it just like text and shape of my cell doesn't change? Thank -- wmciu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wmcius's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

xsd.exe and the include element
Does anyone know why xsd.exe chose to only support absolute paths in the schemaLocation attribute within the include element? I know that xsd.exe totally ignores the import element, and that you have to specify all of the files you want to import on the command line (so painful). Although the import element is hard to work with, at least there is a workaround. Alas, include doesn't seem to be as lucky. Does anyone have a workaround for this? Does anyone really put absolute paths into their schema? ...

Mappings
Hi All, could somebody navigate me to SDK, where is explained following case: I have created my own entity, when i use contant as lookup and i need to automatically fill different field with value from Contact related field. I don't create new record in my own entity from contacts. Is there some example how to do it? Thanks a lot Radek Radek, You cannot do this via a mapping. You will need to write a callout to retrieve the values required from contact onCreate of the custom entity record. There is a callout sample in the SDK for your reference. HTH, Niths "Radek Novak&qu...

How to place an annotation arrow on the line in a chart?
is that possible in excel 2007 to place an annotation arrow, on the plotted line, in a chart? Hi, This approach should still work in xl2007. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm Cheers Andy Need Help on axis problem in a chart wrote: > is that possible in excel 2007 to place an annotation arrow, on the plotted > line, in a chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Tags and PDFs
Hi- I am a graduate student, and i mainly work with articles and books in PDF form. Since OneNote 2007 can not tag specific paragraphs within a PDF - I read PDFs in Acrobat, and then cut and past important paragraphs into OneNote to be tagged and commented on. I normally have at least two tags per paragraph. When I perform a tag search- the results are organized by individual tag, but I can't tell what other tags were assigned to the paragraph. For example, if I have four tags: X,Y,1 and 2 - i can sort documents by each individual tags, but I can't tell which doc...

Programticaly Manipulate XSD?
I would like to write a C# program to read in a .xsd document, traverse it's nodes, and write out a new, modified xsd. I can't seem to find any .Net methods that allow me to traverse the XSD. Suggestions? -- Bill Hertzing Tools Development TeaLeaf Technology, Inc. Apologies - I found a post with a great example, later in this newsgroup. -- Bill Hertzing Tools Development TeaLeaf Technology, Inc. "Bill Hertzing" wrote: > I would like to write a C# program to read in a .xsd document, traverse it's > nodes, and write out a new, modified xsd. I can't seem ...

Finding the annotation of an enumeration
I have the following Schema (XMLSchema1.xsd): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="XMLSchema1" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema1.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema1.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema1.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:simpleType name="FruitType"> <xs:annotation> <xs:ap...

Road Map for MS Money after 2008?
i read on news that MS is discountinung Money at retail stores, is Ms Money set to close the doors? i am curious to find out the future of MS Money and if i should use Ms Money or Quicken products as they ahve a clear road map, i am not even sure if MS Money is on main stream applications for MS? All good questions. See the thread Microsoft Money Plus and future versions for all we know which isn't much. To your question "is MS Money a mainstream application for MS?" No. Hasn't been so for a decade or so. Office is mainstream. Money is "rock in shoe". "...

Generate XSD from class
Hi, Is there a way to generate an XSD from a class programmatically, so without using xsd.exe? Thanks, B. xsd.exe uses a number of classes that are documented "for internal use only" in the Framework SDK documentation. You can use ILDASM or check in Rotor to see which ones they are. Alternatively you can program against the XSD inference assembly from [0] -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://apps.gotdotnet.com/xmltools/xsdinference/ "Bert" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:Xns9458A5C4F6FB2nothankscom@195.130.132.70....

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I use Microsoft Map in Office XP Excel? Thank you for looking. -- Cheers, John ...

Annotating received emails
I'd love to be able to scribble a note (or stick a post-it note) on an email I've received, to remind me why I saved it or what I need to do with it. Can't find a way to do that in Outlook 2007. Is there something I'm missing? Or is there a good add-on out there to accomplish this? -- Bruce Reaves Graham NC Click Follow-up, Custom. In the Flag-To textbox you can enter a short message, which will be shown above the Subject. -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Manage and share your categories: <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?pub=6&a...

let menu item mapped into non_based class ?
I am writing a SDI application using MFC AND create a modeless dialog with a list_control . In the menu , i create a menu item and put it on the toolbar .When I map it into the VIEW (OR DOC ,FRAME and so on ) it works .BUT I want map it into my_modeless_dialog (derived from CDialog ->CWnd->CCmdTarget) .So that I can use list_control (if i map it in a view or other , because list_control is protect member of my_modeless_dialog , I can not call the clist_control fanction ). I find a sample in MSND as below : BOOL CMyView::OnCmdMsg(UINT nID, int nCode, void* pExtra, AFX_CMDHANDLERI...

US Map
Can anyone tell me how to plot data on a US map using my Excel 2002 -- I thought I used to have a 'globe' button that would facilitate this -- do I need an add-in? Thanks. Excel 2002 doesn't include the map tool. (Microsoft now sells a separate mapping program named MapPoint.) However, if you still have your Excel 97 or Excel 2000 disks, you can try the tip on this page: Getting What's Missing in Excel 2002 http://www.winplanet.com/winplanet/tips/3997/1/ Newbie wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to plot data on a US map using my Excel 2002 -- I thought I used to hav...

Using mapped function directly
In my View I have the following code- BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CEx30aView, CEditView) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CEx30aView) ON_COMMAND(ID_INTERNET_START_SERVER, OnInternetStartServer) ....... I want to launch the function OnInternetStartServer myself so I use the following somewhere CEx30aView::OnInternetStartServer(); It works fine but I have a memory leak. does anyone knows how to do that correctly? Regards Galia The two issues are independent of each other. You can call that method either creating an object of the CEx30aView and calling the method through the object, of if you are making the cal...

XsdObjectGen.ex vs Xsd.exe for .NET 2.0 usage
I am working on a .NET 2.0 project where we will be defining a large object model in XML schema and generating the C# code to process XML documents conforming to this XML schema into the object model. On a similar project, we used XsdObjectGen.exe. I am trying to determine if there are major enough reasons to use XsdObjectGen or if the .NET 2.0 version of Xsd.exe will suffice. Our XML schema will be defined using a fairly minimal set of schema conventions: - we will be creating named, complex types that make use of a limited set of primitive types (string, integer, decimal, date and...

WS Proxy generator stripping out XSD annotation and enumerations
Hi there, Here's the problem: our team is working on a web service which formerly took in two user defined types consisting of mostly simple datatypes. Recently we decided to move toward an XML schema to define the two types and the required values to submit rather than having to send .NET-specific types. So one of our team members generated an XSD with substantial annotation explaining to consumers of the web service what each element was and why it was there. There was also one element which had been an enumeration, so he created a simple type and using restriction specified ...

Invoice Annotations
How can I join Invoice or Product entities with an Annotation entity? ...

MFC Message Map Problems
I have inherited an application written in VS6 (VC) and I am attempting to upgrade it to VS2005. I have solved most of the issues - mainly relating to superseded function calls etc, but there are a couple of issues that I am struggling with: I have the following code: static const AFX_MSGMAP_ENTRY* GetMessageEntries() { static const AFX_MSGMAP_ENTRY Entries[] = { ON_WM_MEASUREITEM() ON_WM_MENUCHAR() ON_WM_INITMENUPOPUP() ON_WM_ENTERMENULOOP() ON_WM_EXITMENULOOP() ON_WM_TIMER() ON_WM_CREATE() ON_WM_NCHITTEST() ...

mapping add-in
Does anyone know of a free add-in that will allow me to create a map from some data that I've entered? Excel 2000 has that feature in it -- Saruman --------------------------------------------------------------------------- All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003 --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "colettey29" <colettey29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FAE15E3-E6BB-4152-9071-82C91E1BF93B@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a free add-in that will allow me to create a map from > some data ...

Help with XSD.EXE
Hello, I'm trying to create a dataset object from an xsd. The xsd contains this: <xsd:choice> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="StartRange" type="AONrangeStructure"/> <xsd:element name="EndRange" type="AONrangeStructure" minOccurs="0"/> <xsd:element name="Description" type="AONdescriptionType" minOccurs="0"/> </xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Description" type="AONdescriptionType"/> </xsd:choice> When ex...

xsd.exe: How to add base class to generated classes
I'd like to generate C# classes from an XML Schema file. All the generated classes should provide a basic member function framework like Save() and a basic member element like Dirty. Moreover, I'd like to have all the generated class properties overwritten so that a write will set the Dirty member to true (see example below). Is this possible using xsd.exe? Or is there some other way? Or do I need to write my own generator tool? Thanks for enlightening me! TIA, Axel Dahmen ----------------------------------------------------------- class GeneratedClass : BaseClass { private int ...