ANN: xsdbXML release with C#/.NET port

Part I: Announcement
====================
There is a new release of xsdbXML which provides
bugfixes to the Python implementation and also
provides a completely separate implementation in C#/.NET.

The xsdb framework provides a flexible and well defined
infrastructure to allow tabular data to be published,
retrieved, and combined over the Internet.

Read more and download at
   http://xsdb.sourceforge.net

Part II: Discussion
===================
The C# implementation is primarily a transliteration
of the Python implementation.  I hope to also do a java
transliteration of the C# code.  Some brief observations:

- Development:
    Using python for the first implementation was the
right way to go because it made it easier to backtrack
and refactor the implementation.  If I had tried this
in C# backtracking would have been much more painful.
Testing Python code, especially during development, is also
much easier in part because you can write
    {"a": [1,2,3], "b": MyClass("argument")}
in a few keystrokes whereas a C# analogue runs to many
lines.
    Interestingly, however, the C# port exposed several
nasty bugs in untested code paths of the python
implementation (incorrect calling sequences) because of C#
static typing, even before the C# code was running or
even compiling.
    For the most part the transliteration was
straightforward, except where the python implementation
leans on the python expression parser (the parser had
to be "hand rolled" in C#).

- Libraries:

The python http services are more "bare bones" than the
..NET libraries and this is a *GOOD* *THING* (tm).  The
..NET libraries seem to do all kinds of nice things under
the surface where I can't influence their behavior (even
in principal because of the type system information hiding).
The python implementation pretty much allows me to
modify any part of the implementation, and the default does
as little as possible.  My reservations about the C# http
services didn't actually cause problems in this case, but
it made me nervous.

On the other hand it's nice in C# to not have to guess about
which XML library to use.  As any python programmer can
attest it is not fun trying to decide which of several
implementations is the best and will stay alive, etcetera.
I just arbitrarily chose the one I knew already, but I
really should switch to something else, dunno what.
In C# there is only one choice.

- Environment

What can I say. VS/.NET is really nice and there is
nothing close in Python AFAIK.

- Conclusion

Don't have any.  I'm just making comments :).

  Thanks for your attention -- Aaron Watters

===
% if I had a ( for every $ bush spent how many ('s would I have?
too many ('s

Yikes...  A couple people pointed out that the upload had no
csharp code.  That was because sourceforge was uploading the
wrong file (but reporting the right filesize).  I think it's fixed now
(uploaded from paris and minnesota).  Sorry!!!
    --- Aaron Watters

CAsyncSocket ports
Hi, Is it possible to have both a connecting socket and a listening socket both on port 6 in the same application ? I have 2 applications both with a listening and a connecting socket to each other. If i call GetPeerName() it returns for the port number 1051 instead of 6 which i connected with. It's possible that this is not the way to use socketcommunication but its just a little experiment because i had some problems with OnReceive using 1-on-1 socket connections. So now im trying a socket for outgoing data and a socket for incomming data. Any comments on the port number return of 1051 ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

DBTYP.NET Studio 2010
DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 - Database Comparison Suite Released Vienna, Austria - March 8, 2010 Today, BYPsoft announced the availability of DBTYP.NET Studio 2010, the newest version of the cross-database comparison tool that compares SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle databases (schema and data). DBTYP.NET Studio 2010 is available for download from http://www.bypsoft.com. With its rich support for schema and data cross-database comparison, DBTYP.NET Studio takes the mystery out of databases, making their comparison practical and easy for programmers and database administrators everywh...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

can i get my e-mail from cox.net on outlook express?
I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net e-mail account. Can anyone help? "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E8B6B2F-172A-4B56-8836-2CBEAF510CF6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net > e-mail account. Can anyone help? Sure. Cox can help. Read their help web pages for the setup info to define an e-mail account. Or call them (you are paying them, right?, so why not ask THEM?). Subject says "Outlook Express". Body says "Outlook"...

What does =B11*$C$4 mean?
=B11*$C$4 I get the cell value equals cell B11 times��then what's the $ mean, $C$4? I think it means use the value in cell C4, but what do the $ mean? The $ signs make a cell reference Absolute so it does not change as you copy the formula. =B11*$C$4 will increment as =B12*$C$4 as you drag/copy down the column. The B11 will increment and $C$4 will remain fixed. See help on absolute and relative cell references. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 11:52:37 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >=B11*$C$4 > >I get the cell value eq...

lousy audio playback in release version
Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds lousy in my release version? Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data in a single buffer. Steve Russell wrote: > Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds > lousy in my release version? > > Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by > itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data > in a ...

C++ programmers needed
please contact cesar90212@yahoo.com with you resume @ least 4 years experiance NO STUDENTS "Cesar" <cesar90212@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:106201c3825e$19883740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > please contact cesar90212@yahoo.com with you resume > @ least 4 years experiance > NO STUDENTS Try here: http://www.newtechusa.com/PPI/main.asp ...

Net worth report doens't equal Accounts List Total
With all the accounts selected in the report I get two different figures. How can that be? AK2K@mail.ru PS Please CC email In microsoft.public.money, AK wrote: >With all the accounts selected in the report I get two >different figures. How can that be? Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. ...

C# SQLCommand
sqlParameterLastUpdatedDate = new SqlParameter(); sqlParameterLastUpdatedDate.ParameterName = "@lastUpdatedDate"; sqlParameterLastUpdatedDate.SqlDbType = SqlDbType.DateTime; sqlParameterLastUpdatedDate.Value = DateTime.Parse(DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss:fff")); sqlParameterLastUpdatedDate.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input; When I add this to parameter to my command object I get "Cannot conver String to DateTime" ...

ANN: Desiree Rogers Is Stepping Down!
ANN: Desiree Rogers (White House Social Secretary) Is Stepping Down! ...

CRM release date
Hi there, would you please help me know th release date for MSCRM version 1.2? -- Regards, Marwa Hi Marwa, 1.2 has been available for some time - it is the current release. Ian "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D0959E2-8BF9-4F64-9B7D-B0FD00C0D98C@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > would you please help me know th release date for MSCRM version 1.2? > -- > Regards, > Marwa > Thank you for your reply, but i want to know the exact date, when it is launched ? -- Regards, Marwa "marwa" wrote: > Hi there,...

Debug and Release build
Hi, I am working on win2000 and VC6.0 I am using user defined messages WM_USER + X (in dialog base application) Now problem is that to invoke my messages I am using SendMessage and PostMessage functions. It works fine when I am working in Debug built. But when I shift to Release built it works only once i.e. it gives me error : the instruction at "0x00426b1c" referenced memory at "0x0000046c". The memory could not be "read". and I have to restart the application. But this does not happen in Debug mode I can invoke userdefined messages many times without error. W...

ANN: EXSLT.NET 1.1
Hello! On behalf of the EXSLT.NET team I'm pleased to announce the next release of the EXSLT.NET library. EXSLT.NET library is community-developed free open-source implementation of the EXSLT extensions to XSLT for the .NET platform. EXSLT.NET fully implements the following EXSLT modules: Dates and Times, Common, Math, Random, Regular Expressions, Sets and Strings. In addition EXSLT.NET library provides proprietary set of useful extension functions. Download EXSLT.NET 1.1 at the EXSLT.NET Workspace home - http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/exslt EXSLT.NET online documentation - http://w...

DEATH OF USB & Firewire PORTS, and what USB/Firewire to expect in meanwhile
Current USB standard is increasingly 3.0, not 2.0. Firewire800, not 400; regardless of all else Firewire is always better for Video editing as it adds extra commands taylored for video devices control. For general data USB3 controllers are ALREADY extremely cheap for desktops, even for laptops - the card is $30 to $40 But why do I say it may die? I don't mean it will die in a sense like people thought TV will kill radio. Copper wire is still irreplaceable in many applications, especially cost-sensitive ones. But the new era is coming up and I am excited b/c worked with wor...

ExBPA v1.1 release Now
ExBPA v1.1 offers: Installation �P You can in-place upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 (i.e. no need to remove previous versions from Add/Remove Programs) �P You can now specify the data directory (where the output XML files are kept) �P Ability to launch ExBPA at the end of the MSI install �P Incorporates the very latest ExBPA.Config.xml (configuration & rules) and ExBPA.chm files (version 1.6.3.1) Update Checking �P ExBPA checks to see if a new version of the binaries are available (in addition to the ExBPA.Config.xml file) �P ExBPA c...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Date bug in Entourage 2008 causes birthday information loss"
Microsoft Entourage newsgroup poster Jean Fr�d�ric raised this question: > Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewritten. > > Example: when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39 The range of date > concerned goes from 1940 to 1950. > > In addition, when it syncs with iSync, there is a conflict between > Address Book and Entourage that can only be solved by overwriting the > Address Book data with Entourage's. > > Both problems made me lose 70% of my birthday information... > > Do you have any clue? This reminded me of ...

When is CRM 4.0 to be Released?
Has Microsoft made an official statement on the release date of CRM 4.0? -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com google this forum , we had discussion earlier on this topic. /Aamir Currently slated for end of this year. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23knsV1yGIHA.4916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... Has Microsoft made an official statement on the release date of CRM 4.0? -- Brandon http://www.presentationsdirect.com currently we have TAP 3 version for beta, you can download it from your ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 was released to manufacturing on Dec 14th
Michael Lu has reported in his blog that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 has been released to manufacturing as of 12/14 http://www.mikelu.org/archives/170 Congratulations to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Product Team!!! ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde ...

Ann: Contacts to DataBase
The "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is small application that can export/extract Contacts items from any Outlook and Exchange Contact Folders, including Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders and save it to any type of Database. The current build is 0.3 alphas. This version has been tested with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Paradox 7, DBase. The actual link for the "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/subscribe.asp -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/...

No Port 25, Still Receving Mail
Hello, I'm having an odd issue with our Exchange server. I can no longer see port 25 from outside our firewall. I've tried the following to confirm this: - I ran a port scan, only port for Pop3 and IMAP are open - I try telneting into port 25 and I get no response - I try using the SMTP server through a mail client and get no response Certainly, this seems like a firewall issue.... but the oddity is, I'm still geting external mail. How does Exchange 5.5 receive mail if port 25 is unavailable?? There is no relay within our network. The MX record points directly to this mail ...

ANN: New Book for WEPOS and POS for .NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6E3A4.0443ED20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a new book coming out: Windows Embedded for Point of Service and = POS for .NET Step-By-Step. Available for pre-orders at=20 http://www.sjjmicro.com The book consists of nine (9) chapters broken into two parts: WEPOS=20 installation and configuration, and working with POS for .NET. Following = a=20 "Learn-by-doing" philosophy, there are many hands-on, step-by-step=20 exercises. Topics ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Native .NET Object Serialization Question
Hello All, I have written a small sample application that serializes an object using the XmlSerializer class. Looks great and I understand how to control some of the serialization processing using attributes. My question is, I need greater control over the use of XML attributes. The XmlSerializer, by default, serializes everything to elements. If I had a simple class such as: public class Person { private string mFirstName = "John"; private string mLastName = "Doe"; public string FirstName { get{ return( mFirstName ); } set{ mFirstName...

mysql orm and asp.net
hi everybody! how are you...? i'm looking for a mysql (version 5.0) orm to work with asp.net. any suggestion? i need it to be for free, and easy to implement. thank you, so much! gabriel Gabriel Pineda wrote: > hi everybody! how are you...? > i'm looking for a mysql (version 5.0) orm to work with asp.net. > > any suggestion? i need it to be for free, and easy to implement. > > thank you, so much! > gabriel http://subsonicproject.com/ On Nov 16, 7:15=A0pm, "Gabriel Pineda" <gabrielpineda2...@hotmail.com> wrote: > hi ever...