Add to an XML node

I have a web service that returns me an XmlNode ojbect.  Here is an
example of the outerXML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<NewDataSet>
	<Table>
		<ID>123</ID>
		<TheName>Bob<TheName>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>124</ID>
		<TheName>Barry<TheName>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>125</ID>
		<TheName>Beth<TheName>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>126</ID>
		<TheName>Beatrix<TheName>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>127</ID>
		<TheName>Benjamin<TheName>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>128</ID>
		<TheName>Betty<TheName>
	</Table
</NewDataSet>

I also have a list of IDs with some AccountNumbers that looks like
this:
ID		AccountNumber
123		987654321
124		987654322
125		987654323
126		987654324
127		987654325
128		987654326

I would like to match this info into the XML so that it looks like
this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<NewDataSet>
	<Table>
		<ID>123</ID>
		<TheName>Bob<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654321</AccountNum>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>124</ID>
		<TheName>Barry<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654322</AccountNum>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>125</ID>
		<TheName>Beth<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654323</AccountNum>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>126</ID>
		<TheName>Beatrix<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654324</AccountNum>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>127</ID>
		<TheName>Benjamin<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654325</AccountNum>
	</Table
	<Table>
		<ID>128</ID>
		<TheName>Betty<TheName>
		<AccountNum>987654326</AccountNum>
	</Table
</NewDataSet>

Can someone show me how to match the data into the XmlNode object?

Thanks!

wcmcalister@gmail.com wrote:

> Can someone show me how to match the data into the XmlNode object?

Use XPath to find the right Table element, then use CreateElement to
create a new AccountNum element, then use AppendChild to add the newly
created element. When finished, save the XML document:

             XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument();
             doc.Load(@"..\..\XMLFile1.xml");

             List<Data> accounts = new List<Data>();
             Data account = new Data();
             account.ID = 123;
             account.AccountNumber = 987654321;
             accounts.Add(account);
             account = new Data();
             account.ID = 124;
             account.AccountNumber = 987654322;
             accounts.Add(account);

             foreach (Data data in accounts)
             {
                 XmlNode table =
doc.SelectSingleNode(string.Format("/NewDataSet/Table[ID = {0}]", data.ID));
                 if (table != null)
                 {
                     XmlElement accountNum =
doc.CreateElement("AccountNum");
                     accountNum.InnerText = data.AccountNumber.ToString();
                     table.AppendChild(accountNum);
                 }
             }
             //saving to Console.Out for testing, could save to file or
stream instead
             doc.Save(Console.Out);

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

I don't absolutely need this but is there an easy way to convert the
XmlDocument back to an XmlNode?
wcmcalister wrote:
> Thanks so much Martin.  I can now finish my project on time.
>
> I don't absolutely need this but is there an easy way to convert the
> XmlDocument back to an XmlNode?

XmlDocument is a subclass of XmlNode so any XmlDocument instance is also
an instance of XmlNode. So there is no need to do any conversion.

--

	Martin Honnen --- MVP XML
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Have a wonderful day (I know I am)!

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Linq to XML?
I have five items of information I need to extract from XML covering upwards of 25 separate devices. I'm obtaining these values via five Linq to XML queries as follows: IEnumerable<string> EIDs = (from env in xdoc.Root.Elements("packet"). Elements(ns1 + "data").Elements(ns2 + "server_group"). Elements(ns2 + "env") select (string)env.Element(ns3 + "eid")); IEnumerable<int> IDs = (from env in xdoc.Root.Elements("packet"). Elements(ns1 + "data").Elem...

Add on

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Cannot read the XML file if there is schema
Here is the XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> - <CTMS xmlns="ctms-20.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="ctms-20.xsd http://www.clinphone.com/schema/CTMS-20.xsd" transferType="Incremental" transferId="-1" previousTransferId="-1" creationDateTime="2006-10-13T01:01:01" metaDataVersion="1.0"> - <StudyData studyId="HGS1006C1056"> - <SubjectManagement countryId="USA" siteId="US123" patId=&q...

Map Add-On?

xml form
Hi, is there a product to edit xml-Files like Excel-Files, something that provides the xml-data in a form that lets 'innocent' users easily and error-tolerantly edit the data? Thanks for help, Chris ...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...

Merging XML documents

Add target to trend chart
I've created a chart trending our company's daily rank over time. We have a specific rank as a target goal, and I'd like that to appear as a flat line on the chart, so we know how far we have to go. How can I get such a line, without having to populate a new column with the same number? Thanks Two options, 1) Simply draw a line where your target is at using the drawing toolbar. 2) Add an additional series to your chart containing two points. The X value of the points indicates the length of your line. The Y values should be set to your target. "Patience" <...

Convert html to xml #2
Hi group I'd like to parse an html page to xml. Just to extract a couple of tables and links to follow. Google doesn't help much today. Any help/links ? Igor Igor Dombrovan wrote: > I'd like to parse an html page to xml. Just to extract a couple of tables > and links to follow. Google doesn't help much today. Any help/links ? Use SgmlReader class. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com Or HtmlAgilityPack -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ "Igor Dombrovan" <igor@chorus.ru> wrote in message news:uP%23fYdDwE...

Can I add other data to a pivot chart
I want to add a target line to a pivot chart. The data for the target line would be from a different source (worksheet) to the underlying pivot table. Is this possible (by workaround or otherwise)? A pivot chart can only display data from the pivot table. This can be overcome by drawing a line and hoping it doesn't move too much. I would instead make a regular chart from the pivot table, and add the data for the additional line. To make a regular chart from a pivot table, select a blank cell that's not touching the pivot table and start the chart wizard. In step 2, you must use...

How To Add Filters To Add Ins List ???
I am using Power Point 2003 with XP Pro OS. I have install the conversion to read office 2007. When I use the Add In, it only shows 2003 power point extension .ppt How do I add the ability to show 2007 power point files too ??? Can someone tell me what I need to do to add the ability to see 2007 power point files??? I is very knowledgeable on VBA. Thank You, Gary You have to have all the Windows updates as of the time the Compatibility Pack was released. That was around October 2008, so you should have those. :-) That said, my Office 2003 installation on Windows...