a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #3

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

How to get the instance handle for the container application from within the ActiveX control!
Hi Everyone, I had posted a question earlier regarding placing an image on an activeX control that is part of the resource of the container application. Currently, from within my activeX control project, I am using LoadImage to load an image such as: HBITMAP hBmp = (HBITMAP)::LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle() , lpszResourceName, IMAGE_BITMAP, 0,0, 0); However, since I specify AfxGetInstanceHandle(), it is looking for the image as part of the resource of the ActiveX control project. My question is how can I get the handle to the instance of the container application. If I can somehow get ...

ACCESS 2007 Running Balance in query
Hi, I have a problem in putting a running balance in my query.. I have no idea about it because im new to acces 2007. I just need to subtract the Debit to the credit while having a running balance. Can anyone help me? Please, i really need it! Here's a screenshot of my query. Thank You! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/angeljocelyn/HELP.jpg Right now here is the SQL code that i have in my query: SELECT [Copy Of General Journal].Month, [Copy Of General Journal].Day, [Copy Of General Journal].[Account #], [Copy Of General Journal].Explanation, [Copy Of Gene...

Adding new users
Can anyone offer a KB article or link that describes how the new Outlook programs adds new users? TYIA Look up Profiles in Help. "Tester" wrote: > Can anyone offer a KB article or link that describes how the new Outlook > programs adds new users? TYIA > ...

Getting Error 70 Permission Denied on Kill
I have a routine that opens a file for input, reads it, line by line, closes it and immediately Kills it. I am getting a Error 70, Permission Denied when Killing it. Any suggestions on what's causing this and what to do about it? "jim evans" <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:7uhrl5ll9r8qtrbgvnb1791iej9h5f1u8l@4ax.com... >I have a routine that opens a file for input, reads it, line by line, > closes it and immediately Kills it. I am getting a Error 70, > Permission Denied when Killing it. > > Any suggestions on what'...

Getting a RichEdit control to resize with the changes to the parent window ???
Does anyone know how to do this? I would just resize the control from the parent window. http://www.codeproject.com/richedit/richeditsize.asp Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:x1aNh.30158$zJ1.6822@newsfe24.lga... > Does anyone know how to do this? > Peter Olcott wrote: > Does anyone know how to do this? The technique is the same for any kind of control or child window. The parent window receives WM_SIZE when it is resized. Put code in the parent's OnSize function to call MoveWindow for each child. Note: Make sure a chi...

can't process query in Business portal
Hi, When one of our GP user access the query in the business portal (purchasing>>queries), the error 'Can't process query. (Status = Execute)' appears. I look in customersource for this type of error (article # 928345 and 914918) but it doesn’t solve the error. What’s unusual about this error is that when the user login to another computer using her network account the error doesn’t appear. At the same time when I try logging in the computer that’s having the error, use my account, transferred the query and run it the error does not appear. I also tried recreating h...

Combobox query
Hi, on a combobox added by the control box, how can i link the data from a separate sheet to the combobox? it works with th e data on the same sheet but i cannot seem to get it from a separate sheet. is it something to do with ListFillRange? If so, how do i format this to accept my data from another sheet? Also, can it get data from another workbook? Regards, Nigel Nigel, Just preced the range by the sheet name as you would in a worksheet formula, 'sheet name'!A1:A20 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Nigel" <Nigel@discussio...

Need Query help
Hello, [SQL2000] CREATE TABLE toll_drive ( Amount INT, dte DATETIME ); GO INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 10,'JAN 1 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 100,'JAN 11 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 65,'JAN 30 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 10,'JAN 31 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 24,'FEB 07 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 50,'MAR 03 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 60,'MAR 30 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 90,'MAR 31 2010'; INSERT INTO toll_drive SELECT 100,'APR 14 2010'; ...

Turn Off New UI
Using a laptop and the new 1/4 page UI do not mix. How do you change back to old UI? What new UI? Are you talking about the Excel 2007 beta, there is no way of changing that -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Need_More_Screen" <Need_More_Screen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D14D429-97F4-4F9E-9776-703207797F96@microsoft.com... > Using a laptop and the new 1/4 page UI do not m...

Query from a Web site
"MY STARTER LIST" table from http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/startersR1_e.asp cannot be imported. How can I do that? ...

Branded emails and merge
I want to create a branded email that I can use straight from Outlook. I tried doing it by creating a template in outlook, but that didn't work when people who have hotmail, yahoomail, etc recieved it. It took the text box away from the images, placing the text box on top followed by the image of the email if you scrolled down. So, now I'm here in Publisher trying to create it. I've had success, if I create a document and put the text I'd want in it (similar to a newsletter, but actually an email) and hitting send as email. However, I would like to be able to use th...

Tax on Postage function needed
I use Microsoft Excel for writing invoices. In the standard invoice, Tax (GST) on Shipping and Handling is not calculated and added to the total. I want someone to fix this, so Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be calculated and added on Postage and Handling in the total amount. At present, Shipping and Handling is set fixed. I want to be able to enter diferent amount each time without going to Customize Page and setting it there. Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards, John PS: Below I have included the xls file. It is a bit messy. Tax Invoice No. 2089 ...

New in eConnect
Hi, I am new in eConnect and trying to write one application in Excel. I have one Excel timesheet which I am trying to upload through eConnect into GP Project Accounting timesheet. I am not creating any XML file, but trying to directly call SQLstored procedure. So before doing this I am just trying to use these stored procedure directly in SQL Managment Studio but I am failed to insert record into PA10000 by using taPATimeSheetHdrInsert stored procedure. All other values I can pass but I could not understand O_iErrorState, and oErrString. What values should I pass to these variables. ...

Copy OL03 Cats to OL07
Is there a way to import Outlook 2003 categories into Outlook 2007? Jack Right click Outlook Today (or the root of your mail store) and select = "upgrade to color categories" - this will add your previous categories = to the available colors. Be aware that colors and categories are very = different on Outlook 2007 from Outlook 2003. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Jack asked: | Is there a way t...

Copy and Paste Formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a keystroke to copy and paste formatting in Word for Mac 2008? I've found it arduous working with the toolbar button. Thanks, Abe asafdie, Use the standard Apple OS X keys: Copy: cmd-c Paste: cmd-v Cut: cmd-x Via Google search "apple mac keystrokes" found http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1343 --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 19:09, asafdie@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Is there a k...

Sudenly, cannot key in a new Outlook message. Using Office 2003
I must've hit a wrong key. When I open a new message in Outlook, my signature appears, but when I start keying in letters or numbers, the curser moves but nothing appears. I checked the font color and it is black. Background selected is blank. I am stumped. Please help. ...

Outlook 2007 opening URLs in new browser window
Prior to upgrading to Outlook 2007 whenever I clicked on a link within Outlook it would open up in a new tab in IE7. Now that no longer happens. Any idea as to what is going on? what version of outlook? which os? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NE...

CRM 3.0 Vista, Outlook 2007 can't install
Hi ng, I have a problem with the installation of the CRM client on a Vista (Ultimate) based client. Outlook 2007 is installed and it's the standard email client. When I try to install the client, it comes up with an error that my Outlook 2007 is not the standard email program. Actually it's the standard email program. Does anyone have the same error or know how to fix this. Thanks, Tom Are you sure you're using the Vista compatible version of the Outlook client? If not, download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=740E1B3B-11C3-4AEF-B2E3-8309E...

autosum, filter then copy and paste
Hello People, Hope you can help me out with this one. I have a spreadsheet with a 13 tabs. 1 main one and the others for each month of the year. The spreadsheet will be used to log insurance policies issued by that department. ~What I want to be able to do is to put data into the main one and depending on when the start date of the policy is, to select and copy into the correct month. I don't wether I can enter in a formula with out using VBA. Has anybody got any ideas? Thanks Will --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Will I would use Advanced Filter to extract...

New to Outlook #3
Hi I'm new to Outlook, but I have used Outlook Express some. What I would like to do is get Outlook to ask for a password and receive new mail when logging in. I'd also like to have it send my e-mail when I click on the send button, not send it to the outbox and have me click on send/receive after. Both of these I can do in Outlook Express but I can't find a way to do it in Outlook. Thanks Dwain Ask for asking for a password, in the account setup, just uncheck the box "remember password", fixed. As for sending immediately, depending on the version, where you t...

New Upgrade
I have searched every to find when a new upgrade from 1.2 is coming for RMS. Does anyone have any idea? It seems like it has been way to long and I need it to be more flexible. They will not tell when a new upgrade is going to be released. And it may or may not have the features you want. SO don't hold your breath you may pass out before they will update. "Mark Colbert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329101c470f9$be04cdd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have searched every to find when a new upgrade from 1.2 > is coming for RMS. Does anyone...

Help needed #9
Hi, can anyone help please. I have a problem with a workbook I have done to track absences at work. We use the Bradford system which is S S D. The first S being the amount of times a person is absent, the second S is multiplied by the first and finally the D is the number of days absent. All that is fine and works very well. The problem I have is this. I have to update the first S so that excel can do the calculation. I have a row with 256 cells. 1 goes into each cell and is counted and updates D automatically. The first S is an occurrence no matter if it is 1 day or the whole year. But ...

How to promote/demote Excel rows to new outline group level?
I have a 50 row outline grouped into 4 levels. I'd like to know how to make the following two modifications without having to ungroup and regroup the whole outline every time. 1.) I would like to insert new rows to create a new group at, say, the 2nd level. 2.) I would like to be able to promote/demote existing rows. All advice will be appreciated. ...

always get two windows
I have an Excel 2003 file that always opens two instances. Double click in explorer, get two windows. It does the same thing on other machines. Other excel files open normally. How do I shut this off? Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on the file in windows explorer: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) (xl2003 menus) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets some of the windows registry to e...

Money 2005 Query
Hello all, Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? Cheers, Per the Fact Sheet (look near the bottom of p. 5) located at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/consumer/money05-materials.asp I'd say Yes. Doug Thompson wrote: > Hello all, > > Is Microsoft Money 2005 Canadian edition going to have Canadian content? > > Cheers, > > ...