a brand new query tool is out on beta, we need feedback, so you get a free copy #3

We at Nob Hill Software are working on a new query tool:

http://www.nobhillsoft.com/MarieAlix.aspx?HeardVia=ptut

You can read all about it on the above web page, but basically, its a
very ambitious project to create what we call 'the query tool to end
all query tools': everything you ever wanted, desired, dreamed about
in a query tool, and then some.

For that, we need people who will download it, use it, tell us what
they think, what's good and what's not, and what they would like to
see in the future. This program has been going on since winter 2009,
and so far we've made plenty of DB users happy - but we could always
use more feedback. No catches, no tricks, we will never ask for money
or anything - just to know what you want, so we can put it in. When
the tool is finally out on production, all those who contributed will
have it for free - for life.

If you're interested, just download and start working. Then email us
your feedback, which can be anything from a single sentence to entire
pages.

Contact us through the site if you have any questions!

Thank You
Nob Hill Software

CRM 3.0 install (upgrade from 1.2) issues
When installing crm it goes through checking the required components and installs them. One of them being MDAC. But then it goes through the next few stages of the wizard and confirms the server meets all the requirements. But it falls over saying that MDAC is not installed or is an incorrect version. Now i have checked the mdac on the server using ccchecker and it has all the required components of the compatable version that ms say is V2.6 upwards. The odd thing is when comparing these settings to the setup on the test server they are identical (that installed fine with an upgrade wi...

New email message appends an old email to the end
Whenever I open a new email message, below my signature there is an old email message that I wrote several weeks ago. I do not seem to be able to get rid of it. Initially I thought that someone may have inadvertantly added this email to the end of my signature, but I check this and this is not the case. I have also completed deleted this email that I sent from my machine but even so, the old email text is still always in the new email message. Has anyone seen this issue? How can I solve this problem? Did you by any chance play around with Forms? "Phil" <anonymous@dis...

Need to increase MRU list
Using Money 2007 and Vista Home. I need to increase the MRU list under "File" from the default 4 listings to 6 listings. Where in the program or where in the registry do I do that? Thanks Unique question. I'm not sure anybody has ever cared enough to go reverse engineer it to find out. If so, it's never been a hot topic here. It may be hard-coded? "---Fitz---" <---fitz---@invalid.com> wrote in message news:uUcV1DZ3IHA.4488@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Money 2007 and Vista Home. I need to increase the MRU list under > "File" fro...

BIOS tricks.......Free E-Book
Hi=85Good day=85=85.I juz want to share something......hopefully it may be helpful to some of you Who is this book for? This book is for those (novice and advanced) who are interested in optimization the BIOS for performance and stability. You will learn what the BIOS is, the different type of BIOS, and how to update it. You will also learn what each BIOS option does and what you should set for optimal performance and stability. This book also teaches you about BIOS emergencies like an unbootable computer or corrupted BIOS. What should you do? How can you correct the problem? This b...

How can I query a set of dates but exclude non-working days?
Hi there, I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. My Access knowledge is at best, rather limited, and I am stuck now and cannot proceed further without help! I am building a database of records for work received on certain dates, and completed by certain dates. I need to be able to to query which work loads where received on a given date, and whether or not it has a completed date within a specified limit (say, 3 days). I intend to have a query that displays records that do fall within the target, and a query that displays records that do not. The trick is tha...

Free/busy errors on Outlook 2003 since moved to new Database
It could be a Outllok 2003 client problem, but I have moved a few users to a new database, only 3-4 have this problem but if they add something to their calendars then they get a free/busy error pop up, but the appointment does actually save. Also if they go to their out of office, if come up with an error and their previous descriptions are gone. If I get them to log into Webmail or Outlook 2000 all is fine. It's only since they have been moved. I have tried the outlok.exe /clean etc switches with no luck. On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:26:01 -0700, Gonzo <Gonzo@discussions.microsof...

Send of new message in OL2003
Hello Have some problems with OL2003 on WXP SP2, connected to Exchange 2003: After a new messages is composed the send button does not work - nothing happens. If I save the mail, close it and reopen it from the drafts, I can now send it using the send button. Any hint appreciated Franz ...

Cisco linksys brand holds 26% of home market
It appears that Linksys is still gaining market share. http://certificationchat.com/content/40-cisco-linksys-brand-holds-26-home-market.html ...

FINALLY
www.eternal-september.org Servername = news.eternal-september.org You must register first at their Website, and unlike some creepy commercial organizations, this is ran by true old-school techies, University Students & enthusiasts, for FREE. I've been hunting down for free newsgroups for approx. a ayear since my provider dropped Usenet. I did find lengthy directories of free/cheap groups whose owner eithger carelessly forgot to enable user identification or for whatever reason, so-called free. They all last a limited time and then someone "closes the backdoor&qu...

Copying new accounts accoss companies.
Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies? - Thanks, Mike Well, for future additions, I think the G/L Master Record Triggers Professional Services Tool will do that...but there's nothing in the standard system. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Mike Parry" wrote: > Is there any way to copy a new ledger account across all companies? > > - Thanks, Mike ...

Can Excel sequentially number each new document?
We use an Excel Template to generate client proposals and would like that each proposal carries a unique sequential number. Is there a function in Excel that generates unique and sequential numbers every time you open the Template or when you safe it...? Hi, take a look at McGimpsey web http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html "Roland" wrote: > We use an Excel Template to generate client proposals and would like that > each proposal carries a unique sequential number. Is there a function in > Excel that generates unique and sequential num...

query to find difference in record sets
I am trying to do the following: I have one table with students registered in Fall [A], Winter [C] and Spring [B] classes. I am trying to find all students that are registered in Fall and Spring, but not in Winter. Query 1 - Find all students registered in the Fall Query 2 - Find all students registered in the Spring Query 3 - Find all students registered in both Fall and Spring Query 4 - Find all students registered in the Winter Query 5 - Find all students registered in the Fall and Spring but not in Winter I have the first 4 queries done. I need help with Query 5 to filter out the ...

Set Query Criteria from Form
Thank you Thank you Thank you for your help... Concept: I have a report and underlying query object. I would like to be able to click a button on a form that would set the criteria for a field in the query and then run the report. Of course several buttons to set different criteria... One approach was to set a text box on the form that would be populated by code and that used as the criteria in a parameter query. I found out that I couldn't pass >= in the parameter which is part of the criteria. Is there a way through code to set the criteria for a field in an existing quer...

Advice please:- i've bought a new laptop and need to transfer across, all my old emails to my new laptop
Hi , i've bought a new laptop and i need to transfer across, all my old emails to my new laptop , as theres quite a lot of important information in the emails spanning around 18months , i really need to keep them. is there a data file i can copy across to my new laptop so that it has all my old emails etc ? is this possible. Advice welcomed. There certainly is, but they vary by data format and location depending on the e-mail client, operating system, and version of each. So for a more detailed answer, post back with that information for both old and new machines, and someone m...

Get path to current workbook
If I have a workbook that can be copied to and used in any arbitrary folder, that means each workbook will have a different path. Is there a way to determine the path of a workbook?? (Or path of "ThisWorkbook") Thank you! Hi Robert, Dim strpath As String strpath = ThisWorkbook.Path -- Regards, OssieMac "Robert Crandal" wrote: > If I have a workbook that can be copied to and used in any > arbitrary folder, that means each workbook will have > a different path. > > Is there a way to determine the path of a workbook?? >...

Access table or query to excel
When I use the feature in access to analyze a table or query under: tools, office tools, analyze with microsoft excel, any date field comes over to excel formatted as dd-mmm-yy, even though my default date is set to short date: mm/dd/yy, in both excel and access as well as windows. I can't figure out where this is coming from. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

New Installation Exc 2003
Hello, I' m going to move my exchange server from DC Controler to a new member server under Win2003 SP1. This one is configured with SCSI Hard Drive and raid card controler. The raid level is 5. I m looking for advices to create partitions for exchange. What is the best solution ? I have the partition system (10Go - Win2003) and also another one for the pagefile (5go). It remains 60Go. Do I have to create a partition for Exchange Files, Log Files, SMTP Queue or anything else ? Thanks for you help. fabrice The problem is that you get no real performance benefit from creating ...

Predicting new Ys given new Xs using known relationship for X and
Hello. I know people have posted similar questions about using an existing relationship between X and Y to predict new Ys given new Xs but I think mine has a slightly different twist. I would appreciate any help that could be offered. I have 20 data points for both X and Y. Each X point represents the number of workers on a farm for a particular year over a 20-year period. Each Y point represents the amount of crop harvest each year over that same period. The data is from 1901 to 1920. When I plot the points and fit an exponential trend line I get a high R-square of .9 . I would li...

SetWaitableTimer/SetTimer call back is not getting called
I have created a worker thread using CreateThread() function. I created a Timer Event using CreateWaitableTimer. I set the timer event using SetWaitableTimer and I include a call back function to be called when the timer expired. However, I do not hit the call back function. Is there any special code I need to add for this? Here is the snippet from my code. void CreateSTEventsAndThreads() { DWORD IDThread; stThreadEvents[0] = CreateEvent(NULL, FALSE, FALSE, NULL); timerEvent = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, FALSE, "WaitableTimer"); stThreadHandle = CreateThread(NULL, 0,...

Excel Spreadsheet #3
I am running XP Pro and have received a Excel Spreadsheet XLS which I cannot open, What do I use to open it and where do I get it from? Steve, Specifically what happens or doesn't happen when you open the workbook? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Steve" <pandhlr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ef01c3b06e$10ac14f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am running XP Pro and have received a Excel Spreadsheet > XLS which I cannot open, What do I use to open it and > where do I get it from? You mean y...

Repost: Crystal License error
Does anyone know where the IWAM_<computer_name> account password is being used by Crystal Reports? In my case I am getting logon errors for this account in the event log every time I try to access the reports. I have installed MSCRM on a Small Business Server 2000 box and I have gotten just about everything working except for the reports. When I try to access the reports I get the error about not enough crystal licenses. I saw the section in the implementation guide about this error but it doesn't seem to apply since the SBS2K box is an AD DC. Looking at the event logs it looks...

[Beta 2] Envelope icon
Dies ist eine mehrteilige Nachricht im MIME-Format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01CB3E86.2FA0FAD0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0027_01CB3E86.2FA121E0" ------=_NextPart_001_0027_01CB3E86.2FA121E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've set up my Hotmail account to download only the headers. When I choose to have the reading pane on the ride side, all the = envelope icons of the messages (also non downloaded) are whole instead = of a torn envelope. If the read...

need advanced Outlook rules help please
Hello. I need an Outlook rule that looks for two phrases in the body of a message. I enter the first phrase to look for and then add the second phrase, it adds it as an OR statement instead of an AND statement. Is it possible to do this? So it looks for "thistext" AND "thistext"??? Second question: Is it possible (in a rule) to look for a phrase using a wildcard like an asterisk? For instance, a rule that looks for "FIRST NAME: M*" in an emailed form?? Thanks Cheryl Larson <cherylL@invalid.work.com> wrote: > Hello. I need an Outlook rul...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dll&quo...

Excel
Is there any way to use Excel as a form for data entry and have the enter and/or tab key take you to the next cell for data entry when the next cell. Specifically, I have a form setup and it has merged fields at different places. I need the ability to enter across a line and at the end of that line for the next enter or tab to take me back to column A on the next unlocked cell. Is this possible? Make sure the cells you need to tab to are Unlocked. Once that is done, protecte the sheet (with or without a password) and clear the check box next to "Select Locked Cells&quo...