.NET Wrapper for Berkeley DB XML?

Hello!

Is there an existant .NET Wrapper for Sleepycat Berkeley DB XML 2.0 (see
  http://sleepycat.com/products/xml.shtml)?

It seems to be the XML-DB of my dreams, but has only a Java-Wrapper
(could this be converted to J#?)

If not, could you suggest another (cheap or free) Native-XML-DB (with
XQuery-Support) for .NET?

--
Pascal Schmitt

Xml data bound to Datagridview -> Add datarow via XmlElement
Greetings, I have a datagridview bound to a datatable created from an xmlfile on one form. Another form appends to the xml file using the code below. To refresh the datagridview on the other form I simply re-set the datasource to the newly saved xmldocument. However, is it possible to use the XmlQuoteEl.outerxml as it includes all the information which equates to a datarow to add it to the datatable (datagridview datasource)? XmlElement isn't an acceptble parameter in any read/write xml methods, but thought re-loading the whole file again is overkill. Hope this ma...

C#.net click event associated with database error
I would like to know what to do to solve the problem listed below: When I am debugging a C#.Net 2008 windows application and click on the 'next' button, I am getting the following error: 'An unexpected error has occurred. The 'Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0'provider is not registered on the local machine'. I think that I may need to change some setting I have in the visual studio.net 2008 professional edition to solve this problem prior to clicking on the 'next' button. I am working on an workstation that is 64 bits, XP operating syste...

net passport
I changd my net passport and now when I enter it in money it tells me it is incorrect. ...

net
Dear All , Can you please help in this i'm creating excel sheet for finance purpose and i need the number appear with color for example if the net = +ve (i need it to appear with green color ) and if it is = - neg (i need to appear with red color ) any one can help me with the color thansk for your cooperations -- bn_dubai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bn_dubai's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492656 You can use Con...

MFC and .NET
We have a MFC application we are moving to VC 7.0 because we want to use the latest C++ compiler that comes with it. For moving to VC 7.0 we need to install the .NET framework though. My questions are, 1. Has anybody moved thier MFC application to .NET framework? Did you run into any issues? 2. What is the plan for MFC? Is there any end of life for this from Microsoft? Thanks, David I use all of my VC6 MFC apps and DLLs just fine with XP and VS.Net 2003. No need to port your code to .Net at all. WTH "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ac...

Exclusive access to db
This is a multi-user db. I would like a way for my code to determine if the db is currently opened exclusively, or if there are other users using the db. I have a cmd button that runs code which requires the db to be opened exclusively. Is there a line of code I can use that can return if the db is opened exclusively or not? maybe "If (database is opened exclusively) then...." ?? Thanks! Do you have your datbase split into front and backend databases? If so, and you have a Splash form (form that opens first and generally has some sort of a control panel or switchboard...

Defining relations in XML Schema
Hi, I have a question related to the XML-Schema definition. Is it posible to define relations between elements? The following is my XML Schema: <xs:element name="root"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Country" type="Countries"/> <xs:element name="USZipCode" type="xs:string"/> <xs:element name="Adress" type="xs:string"/> </xs:sequence> </xs:complexType> </xs:element> <xs:simpleType n...

VB.net
Hi, I am trying to update a field in a record of a Access Database (whose structure I can not modify). I got this error (translated from italian): "Data types do not match in the expression" = "Tipi di dati non corrispondenti nell'espressione criterio." The code is the following: (myField is a binary field as on Access 2007) 'determine new value Dim newValue() As Byte = ... (valid data) 'write new attributes Dim conn As OleDbConnection = myObj.getConnection Dim cmd As OleDbComman...

Authentication between asp.net 2.0 and asp.net 1.1
I am running CRM 3.0 which is running in its own app pool for asp.net 1.1. I've added a virtual directory under the CRM website which runs under a different app pool for asp.net 2.0. This is where I put my custom web pages. Both app pools are running under the NETWORK SERVICE account. Both the CRM website and the virtual directory has windows authentication. My question is why I am prompted to enter my credential when I access the custom page through CRM the first time I access the page? Have I not already been authenticated? Hmm not sure whether this can help. Are you sure you put...

SQL connection management in ASP.Net
hi, I have to create a small website in ASP.Net 2.0. I have question about working with SQL connections. What are the best practises? How and where to create and store a connection? I see a few possibilities: - create, open/close a connection on each web page - create a connection on login page and store it on Session - how to create a connection? ie. SqlConnection = new SqlConnection or System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory factory = System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory("System.Data.SqlClient"); System.Data.Common.DbConnection conn = factory.Crea...

FREE .NET EBOOKS , DOTNET TUTORIALS, CODE SNIPPETS
Visit this site u will find good .Net ebooks, .Net source code, .net tutorials and lots more for vb.net, c#.net, asp.net and other dotnet stuff. URL: www.DotNetGuide.net I don't like the site because 1) There are 3 sets of adverts on each page 2) The page is fixed with, which is very annoying. I am reading on a wide-screen laptop but find I am limited to approximately 60 characters per line, I can't read articles like that! Pete ...

xml DTD visual stdio .net 2k3 autocomplete
Hello, I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around Thansk Alejandro P. ? <alejandropacheco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esj0OEWYEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm using visual studio .net 2k3 to work with Xml intensive integration > App. When I using XML /XSD based documents I get autocomplete feature but > not when I use Xml /Dtd based. Somebody know How work around > >...

ASP.Net
Hi, I have a few questions about ASP.Net, as I've been using it for a while but my knowledge of the "big picture" is patchy in some areas. Any help would be appreciated... - Where is the line between "native" language features (e.g. in JScript), and those features which are part of .Net (or whatever), common to all .Net languages? Or put another way, how are the .Net facilities "mapped" onto a particular language? (I'm sorry of this question is somewhat vague...) - In a closely-related matter, do any languages have issues accessing the full A...

question about xml serilization
hello, This is my sample (simplified): public class Binom { [XmlAttribute("range")] public string _Value; [XmlAttribute("name")] public string Label; } public class Property { [XmlAttribute("name")] public string propertyName; public Binom DefaultAttribute; } Property serialize as: <Properties name="foo"> <DefaultAttribute value="123456789" name="range" /> </Properties > Is is possible to get rather: <foo range="123456789"/> or eventualy: <Properties name="foo"> &l...

Advise, Guidance and Pointers with XML
Dear Ethernet of Unquestionable Knowledge, Re: Advise, Guidance and Pointers with XML Oh omnipotent one(s) please help me ... I'm reasonably new to all the XML stuff and although clear on the basic concepts of XML, however I'm experiencing some difficulties in understanding how to implement and utilise these concepts within a real world solution. (1) Serialization (a) When I serialize my class object(s) the returning XML contains a random character(s) at the beginning of the document. Do you have any idea why this may be occurring? I.e. ?Encoding.UTF8.GetChars(memoryStrea...

XML in visual studio?
Hello, sorry, i am new in visual studio field, i am going to make Address book, it should import data from xml file, is there any MFC class to extract data from xml file? or is there any way to solve the problem? thanks, <halmuratov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170961264.809056.110350@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > is there any MFC class to extract data from xml file? or is there > any way to solve the problem? > MFC doesn't have an XML reader. I use the one from http://firstobject.com. There is a free version on either Codeguru or Codeproject, I can&...

Showing raw xml from memory in an asp.net page
Hi. I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in an asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which displays perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it will be built as I go along). I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write the XSLT, I love the one I get for free within IFrame. Any suggestions? Thanks. Figured out the answer to my own question. I thought I'd post it in case anyone is interested... 1) Create a page with an IFrame on it. Set the src to a second page 2) On the second aspx pa...

How to trim XML's attribute values?
I have a program which generate a xml file from dataset using DataSet.WriteXML function. The result is as follow: <DataSet xmlns="http://tempuri.org/DataSet1.xsd"> <TB TB_NO="NN01001" DESCRIPTION="NN " DATE="1/16/2007 12:00:00 AM" Name=" " E_MAIL="test@test.com"> <TD TD_NO="NN1-1 " LINE_NAME="FREE TRADE ZONE " ADD1=" " TRSS="3" TYPEDESC=" " > <DESCRIPTION ...

question on backing up access db (97)
Hi, I have an old access db running on the server. I would like to be able to back it up every evening. However, some of the users might leave the db often when they finish their and this render the backup program not able to backup the open db. My question is that if I create a batch job that copy the db to another location every time before the schedule backup and have the backup job backup the file in the new location. Would this be a problem even though the users forget to close the application at the end of the day? Thanks Try doing a search on-line for "MS Access Log off...

Microsoft .Net Framework error message?
When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen which says. REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED. Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue. This software is available for free download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ I have all updates installed. Windows directory includes the following. C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5 I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer Literate having a Computer repair servic...

SBS 2003 SP1, CRM 3.0 and .Net updates
I updated the SBS server to .net 2.0, applied the security patches to .Net 2.0, updated to .Net 3.0. Now the Outlook 2003 cannot connect to CRM. Any ideas? ...

Net Folders #14
Does anyone have any experience with Net Folders & utilizing them to share folders where we only have internet mail accounts (i.e. we do not have an internal mail server such as MS Exchange)? I've been having problems with entries in Outlook's Calendar being multiplied--that's to say it shows up several times as if the program is replicating the entry. Microsoft has very little on troubleshooting web folders & I was wondering if anyone has experience with these. ...

Problems with WMP ActiveX Control in VS.Net
Hello I am trying to embed the Windows Media Player ActiveX control in a dialog using VS.Net. When trying at associate a variable with the control, VS.Net does not give the same options as VS6, and generates a wrapper class that doesn't have any operations(making it useless). I have tried using the wrapper classes that VS6 generates but this doesn't seem to work. after DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_PLAYER, m_wndPlayer) gets executed, m_wndPlayer's hWnd is still set to null. There are no problems when using this code with VS6. Anyone with a similar problem, or know how to fix it? Thank...

How to build WinCE.net application with vs.net 2005
Hi, VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhone and PocketPC 2003 applications by using C++(MFC), but there is no an option to create the WinCE.net application that can be created by EVC4 before, is it possible to create WinCE.net application by using VS.net 2005? Thanks. Regards, ZhangZQ What do you mean? You can create apps in C#, VB or native (C/C++). What "other" type are you after? -Chris "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esuZfFKNGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhon...

XML Root Node
I have a file I'm using as a Configuration file (configuration as in options and such). When I create the xml file in the .Net IDE, it places the following (snip): <Configuration xmlns="Blah"> </Configuration> This is the way I'd like it but it doesn't work this way :( When I validate it against the xsd file, it says that it's invalid. (Can't remember error, don't have time to reproduce). The fix is changing it to the following: <cfg:Configuration xmlns:cfg="Blah"> </cfg:Configuration> So, just need 1 of the two (...